Premiere Pro

Welcome to the Adobe Premiere Pro feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the Premiere Pro team via this UserVoice page and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Premiere Pro community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. "I-frame first" fast seeking for inter frame compressed video files

When you are "seeking," (which means QUICKLY looking through a long video by clicking and dragging the playhead with the cursor,) there is sometimes very high "prefetch latency," meaning that frames will load slowly, resulting in very few frames being shown. This can make it very difficult to find what you're looking for.

But when seeking, perfect frame accuracy is not nearly as important as seeing what you're doing. Therefore, to reduce the "prefetch latency," I suggest that the nearest I-frame is loaded and displayed FIRST, (because I-frames are always the fastest to load) while the exact B or P…

193 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

21 comments  ·  Playback  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi Taran and everyone subscribed to the thread,

first of all: thanks for the incredibly detailed suggestion and the great conversation in the comments. While making such a change for the playback engine has a ton of implications and therefore isn’t done ad hoc, we’re certainly going to create a POC for it and will evaluate if there’s a way to put this into a production build for a test drive in an upcoming beta version.

I’ll keep you posted.

Cheers,
    Patrick

2. A button to help with broadcasting directly from the editing suite

There are cases in news broadcasting where you can not make it in time for your news piece to air and you have to broadcast live from your timeline via SDI for example. In this case it would be helpful to have an option or a button to help make Premiere ready for that so when you know you are going to broadcast live from your Premiere timeline you can just press that button and it automatically suppresses every action that could interfere with your broadcast, for example auto-saving. This would help with the pressure of situations like this and…

23 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Playback  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. bug premiere pro 2020

bug report on premiere pro 2020: playback stop while playing on timeline and then display message: "A low-level excerption occurred in: Adobe Player (Player:11)" - then Premiere crash, and i have to force quit from force quit application. i'm working on a MacBook Pro (13-inch, 2017, Four Thunderbolt 3 Ports), 3,5 GHz Intel Core i7,

345 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

244 comments  ·  Playback  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Under Review  ·  Reg Santo Tomas responded

We do monitor User Voice; we share your disappointment that we don’t have a reproducible case, for this issue.

If you can reliably reproduce the ‘low level exception’ problem, on your system, please contact Support and provide them with any files and source media required for that repro case, as well as (important!) step-by-step instructions on how you can reproduce the issue.

We’re eager to pursue the issue further.

4. Captions in Premiere 2021 timeline is lagging

I work in a projects with a lot of captions. I have timelines with 30 to 70 minutes with captions.

Zoomed out to the whole timeline and visible captions my timeline starts to lag BIG time. The timeline zoomed in works just fine. Hiding the captions is also ok.

Imac Pro 2017

32 GHz 8-core Xeon W

64 GB 2666 DDR4

Radeon Pro Vegas 64X 16GB

extra monitor Apple 2,5K

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Playback  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. PROBLEM WITH H.264 h.265 MP4 FROM SONY A7SIII

I have Amd latest 5950x and nvidia rtx 2080 64gb ram. I spent almost 5000$ on upgrade but didn't good playback with sony a7siii 4k 120fps. It's super slow lagi hard to import. I just don't want do proxy. It takes forever in my work flow. Please update h.265 or h.264 codec. It's struggling.

My friend has apple m1 which 1500$ laptop. Playback on m1 is butter.
    So confused

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Playback  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Improve scrubbing/fast forwarding performance with these 3 ideas!

Scrubbing and Fast Forwarding performance is often painfully slow.

Here's an example by Jayme Cowley Media Co. of scrubbing performance in Pr vs Resolve: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ilPUc22itSA. The associated FR he posted mentions the problem but doesn't offer any specific solutions.

Here are 3 ideas that could greatly enhance scrubbing and fast forwarding in Pr:

1. SCRUBBING/FF RESOLUTION: In addition to being able to set the Payback and Paused Resolution in the Source/Program Monitor's wrench menus, it would be great to also be able to specify the resolution that's used when scrubbing or Fast Forwarding in the Timeline or Source Monitor. This…

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. You need to add a 1.8x anamorphic option

1.8x anamorphic is gaining popularity and I'm editing a feature film for a major studio next week that is utilizing it. This feature needs to be added so we don't have to scale the horizontal pixels manually by 1.8x to compensate...

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Simultaneous Audio Playback via multiple audio devices

For example you have embedded audio via a black magic deck link card and want to do playback simultaneously using another soundcard (for example audio output via ASIO USB devices). This function would open up possibilities in playback and production surroundings using different ways and outputs. Having the option of only one output can be quite limiting.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Possible bug - Distorted/Rippling effect on Second monitor looking at full screen playback

I'm using 2 LG 4K monitors. One is my editing desktop for Premiere Pro the other is for monitoring Video output.

All settings are fine.

NVidia 2070 Super feeding these two monitors via Display Ports. Nvidia drivers on 471.11 and Intel latest on 27.20.100.9466. Windows 10 all updated.

I have noticed on PP 15.2 (and 14.9) a slight 'ripple effect' and minor Video break up on the second video monitor output when there are panning shots - up/down & across - ie when video is not static. This is quite subtle but annoying.

Looking at timeline playback of the Program…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. program panel playback flickers.

when I hit play on video, the playback panel flickers black for a few seconds before playing smoothly, it's really obnoxious combing second by second looking for weird frames when the frames are flickering black. I'm editing 4K file proxied as 1080 at 24 NTSC framerate

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Audio Follows Time Remapping

Audio should conform to the same edits as video when using Time Remapping. Period!

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Audio doesn't play back when loop playback is enabled and the playback jumps back to the beginning.

As the title describes, audio does not playback when loop playback is enabled and the playback goes back to the beginning. This basically defeats the purpose of having a loop playback option, as I am trying to create a seamless looping video but there's no audio without me pausing playback and restarting it. Rendering out the sequence does not fix this either.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Bug Report: Speed Issues in Premiere 2020

Any speed change that brings a clip over 100% speed results in choppy playback.

84 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

80 comments  ·  Playback  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Stuttering Video Playback Due to Incorrect Audio Input Settings

On Windows 10 PP2021, any video file would stutter in playback.

Seems to have been due to a mis-configuration between the microphone input capability on my system and the configured of audio sample rate and bit depth on the mic input.

Originally, on a fresh install, premiere defaulted to:
    Input - 2 ch 32 bit 44.1kHz
    Output - 2 ch 32 bit 48 kHz

Setting input to "No input" resolved the playback issue with output set to the above 32bit-48kHz setting.

Matching input and output to:
    2 ch 24 bit 48 kHz

Resolved the playback issue as well.

Again, seems…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. play all frames option (don't skip for the rush of real time)

here is the feature request:
    we increasingly have complex timelines filled with MoGRTS on several tracks and hitting play results that the program monitor just jumps through the time and you must set in outs and set on loop to playback just to see if the animation goes as expected. Why can't we just have an option to set play every frame? Until it's rendered don't go to the next one. So it could be just like in After Effects

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. re-locate missing previews

Please add the possibility to re-link/locate previews when go missing. When a media is missing we can re-link/locate it. Sometimes (quite often) premiere loses the link to preview files, even if they are still present on hard drive. This is very frustrating and very time-consuming for certain projects. Please add the possibility to re-locate missing preview files. Thanks

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. bug fix Unresponsive timeline interface & lagging of mouse and keyboard input

Nesting videos cause the timeline interface to not respond to my keyboard and mouse inputs.

nesting 4k .mov footage in a HD sequence causes a periodic error to come up when scrubbing in the timeline where Premiere does not let me click on videos on the timeline and pressing hotkeys or space bar does not do anything.

I am on 15.2. build 35

Further discussing about this
    https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro/unresponsive-timeline-interface-and-lagging-of-mouse-and-keyboard-input/m-p/12183185#M357472

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. premiere v15.0 bug report, playback via black magic

Windows 10

Premiere v15.0

32GB Ram

i7-9700k stock settings

Asus Prime 2390 with thunderbolt

GTX 1080 ti

Thunderbolt ex3 card to UltraStudio Minimonitor via Thunderbolt cable

Ultrastudio to Flanders Display via SDI

I'm working in a 1080p timeline with Red 8k footage @ 23.976. I have proxies attached at ProResLT @ 1080p. Proxies are toggled on.

When I do trimming, i.e. roll, slip, etc. The playback becomes overwhelmed and starts to lag. Overwrite and insert edits are not a problem. If I trim too fast, like lots of trims in a row, premiere eventually crashes, as does the whole system.…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. program monitor bug

After updating to 15.0, the program monitor adds glitches to my imported files. I tried 'replace footage', re-importing via media browser / file > import / dragging into project. I even created a new project and it does the same thing. It also affects the final export. Files and exports were fine before this update.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 23 24
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base