Premiere Pro

Welcome to the Adobe Premiere Pro feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the Premiere Pro team via this UserVoice page and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Premiere Pro community forum.

How can we improve Premiere Pro?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Better Threadripper Support

I have 2 PCs, 1 with an I7 6900x and 1 with the Threadripper 1950x and opening the same project , the Threadripper struggles in playback. Cant play 1080 footage (without effects) without dropping frames. CPU utilization is 30% max and GPU is 5% max. Both machines have a GTX 1080 ti

136 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: facebook google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

76 comments  ·  Playback  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Bug-Premiere Pro 13.1 Having an issue playing .mp4 files that played fine in 13.03

Bug-Premiere Pro 13.1 Having an issue playing .mp4 files that played fine in 13.03

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Playback  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. 13.1 - Dual Monitor Support issue 13.1

Dual Monitor issue appears broken. I have three monitors, the 3rd is actually my projector and it wants to display on that. I can't choose #1 and #2. This broke with the last update.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Playback  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. fullscreen playback not following selected preferences since updating to 13.1

I have a four monitor setup that worked flawlessly until the 13.1 update. Monitor 1 & 2 served as my primary working monitors, monitor 3 was my full-screen playback/client monitor, and monitor 4 is for color etc. Monitors 1-3 are sourcing a Titan RTX GPU and Monitor 4 sources my decklink 8k Pro card (Full system specs below).

I have my correct preferences selected in my playback preferences, and other than the software update, nothing has changed. I have cleared preferences and rebuilt, but to no avail. Still no full-screen playback on monitor 3. In fact, now it randomly pops…

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Since update Premiere Pro 13.1.0 : image stays freeze but audio is ok

Hi

Since the 13.1.0 update, my videos can't be played : images are frozen but audio can be still played.
    With the previous version, all was fine with the same project.

It is quite urgent. I can't either use Premiere since the last upgrade.

Regards.
    Alain

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Playback  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. BUG -Mercury Transmit will not use screen 2 in 3 screen setups on Mac OS 10.13.6

When using Premiere Pro 13.1 on multiple MacPros with 3 monitors attached, Mercury transmit will NOT allow Monitor 2 to be used for playback. When selecting Monitor two, Monitor 3 will automatically be selected. This behaviour does NOT occur with 13.0.3. Selecting alternate render options (Metal/CUDA/Open CL) does not fix the issue.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Playback  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Playback freeze

I'm having issues with the playback, at some point it randomly freeze the playback, apearing a white or grey scren on program and soruce monitor. I've already tried:
    - switching the render to Software only
    - ereasing cache media
    - delete all plug-ins and preferences
    - upgrade premiere
    - completele uninstall and re-install Premier pro
    - format my computer

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. A problem with playback settings for 2 and more monitors.

I have a problem. I use 4 monitors to work in the premiere. (official ofc)
    After upgrading from 2018 to 2019, I cannot select the monitor I need (1).
    The program constantly resets to the same monitor (4).

If I put a tick in front of the monitor that I need, pressing OK, the monitor does not appear and all empty items are shown in the settings.

Windows 10
    GeForce 1060

Everything worked in the previous version 2018 СС.

Can u help me plz?

best< regards!

p.s. i dont want downgrade to 2018

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Playback  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. NEW UPDATE ISSUE

The new update i made yesterday on Premiere PRO stopped my playback. Only the audio plays when i hit playback. Video gets stuck and shows MEDIA PENDING but the audio still plays.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Toggle "Frame Replacement for Decode Errors" feature off.

In a QC critical enviroment, the red frame for decode errors was an incredibly helpful warning of potental corrupt frames in a file.
    If this visual warning is replaced with a duplicated frame then the potential file issues become much harder to spot and/or more time-costly to verify.
    If frame replacement is seen as a critically usful feature, please allow users to toggle it off/back to the old way.

With this new feature, Premiere updates past 13.0.2 become unusable in a QC environment/workflow, and users (us included) will be forced to switch to other software for critical evaluation.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. lock playhead at center, scroll content with consistent zoom

Like Garageband and other Mac based apps, you should be able to lock the view of any playback area (assembly, editing, color, effects, audio, graphcis) and make the content move behind the playhead, keeping the playhead always in the center. Keeping a consistent zoom and between modes (effects/Audio...) and locked would save time and effort.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. BUG: Preview problems with Full Screen & Mercury Transmit

The first bug appears when simply toggling on full screen on my main 4K monitor. The preview which should cover the entire screen only overlays a part of it.
    A workaround is to toggle full screen on and alt+tab to a different application and back to premiere so suddenly the full screen preview covers the screen correctly. The downside to this is that you have to do is every time you toggle to full screen. This is very annoying and time consuming.

The second problem has to do with the mercury transmit. Even tough I only selected my TV (monitor…

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Custom metadata overlays or burn-ins

It would be great to be able to add any metadata overlay with the overlay settings.

As it is now we are limited to Source Timecode, Sequence Timecode, Markers, Sequence Clip Name, Project Clip Name, File Name, Sound Timecode, and Sound Roll.

It would be great if you could choose any of the many fields in the Metadata Panel.

This could also be implemented as an effect similar to or integrated into the existing clip name effect. It could also be integrated into the simple text effect. You could pick a source track and it would overlay or burn in…

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Playback  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Fix playback choppiness

The playback functionality is terrible now after upgrading to Premiere Pro CC 2019 - My computer is a brand new iMac Pro with more than enough processing power. The problem started recently. I can't play normal video (without effects) without interruption. The only workaround (which is not an option) is to render everything before even trying to watch it. Full work stoppage.

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Latest Release 13.0.1 Playback has major delay when hitting space bar

When I try to play my timeline it takes over 5 seconds sometimes to begin playing. Afterward, playback is choppy and delayed. I'm in a project that was playing back without problems or delays in CC18. How can this happen? Unacceptable.

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Double click the program monitor for full screen preview

You should be able to double click on the program monitor and preview your sequence at your preferred resolution (Full, 1/2, 1/4) in full screen. This saves you having to undock the panel and stretching it to fill the screen as best you can.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Bug report: Blackmagic Desktop Video 10.11.4+ break Premiere Pro playback

I've just recognized an issue we have with Adobe Premiere Pro (tested on all versions from 12.1.2 up to current) where playback in a timeline gets paused randomly after anywhere between 2-5 seconds of playback. I tested with ProRes 422 and 422 HQ files and R3D files.

We have a Blackmagic Intensity Pro card installed into this Mac Pro. So when I uninstalled the Blackmagic Desktop Video drivers, Premiere Pro ran flawlessly once again. When I reinstalled Desktop Video, I got the following results:

11.1: issue persists
    11.0: issue persists
    10.11.4: issue persists
    10.11.2: issue FIXED

So something broke somewhere…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Correct bug for Fujifilm XT3 videos recorded using h.265

Video files recorded in HEVC show the highlights previously displayed in camera with zebra, with a black shadow in PP and ME when importing, creating proxys and also during editing and even exporting. h.264 files of the same camera work fine. I've made an extensive forum thread about it in the Adobe Community here: https://forums.adobe.com/thread/2611665
    Any follow up you need to make about these issue, I'd be glad to answer it. Thanks!

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Premiere Pro CC 2019 13.1.2 Build 9: Batch Render In/Out BUG

There is a BUG with Premiere Pro CC 2019 13.1.2 Build 9. Selecting multiple sequences in project window, then "render in to out" successfully renders all sequences.

However, render files are lost, or deleted, or missing, or magically vanished if exiting Premiere Pro CC 2019 after completion and saving project.

The renders ONLY remain intact if a user modifies each and every single timeline that was rendered in some fashion, then plays portions of each and every timeline. Timelines turn "GREEN" after render completes. And unless they are modified in some fashion, will be "RED" when reopening project.

This was…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 9 10
  • Don't see your idea?

Please do not use your Adobe ID and password.

Feedback and Knowledge Base