Premiere Pro

Welcome to the Adobe Premiere Pro feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the Premiere Pro team via this UserVoice page and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Premiere Pro community forum.

How can we improve Premiere Pro?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Better Threadripper Support

I have 2 PCs, 1 with an I7 6900x and 1 with the Threadripper 1950x and opening the same project , the Threadripper struggles in playback. Cant play 1080 footage (without effects) without dropping frames. CPU utilization is 30% max and GPU is 5% max. Both machines have a GTX 1080 ti

115 votes
    Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

73 comments  ·  Playback  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    • Fix playback choppiness

The playback functionality is terrible now after upgrading to Premiere Pro CC 2019 - My computer is a brand new iMac Pro with more than enough processing power. The problem started recently. I can't play normal video (without effects) without interruption. The only workaround (which is not an option) is to render everything before even trying to watch it. Full work stoppage.

10 votes
      Sign in
      Check!
      (thinking…)
      Reset
      or sign in with
      • facebook
      • google
        Password icon
        Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Playback  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
      • Latest Release 13.0.1 Playback has major delay when hitting space bar

When I try to play my timeline it takes over 5 seconds sometimes to begin playing. Afterward, playback is choppy and delayed. I'm in a project that was playing back without problems or delays in CC18. How can this happen? Unacceptable.

7 votes
        Sign in
        Check!
        (thinking…)
        Reset
        or sign in with
        • facebook
        • google
          Password icon
          Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Playback  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
        • Program Monitor Black after update

My program monitor is black with a white line at the bottom after the most recent update today. This was the case in all my timelines and after a computer restart. The way I fixed it was to turn off Safe Margins. Turning safe margins back on recreates the problem.

5 votes
          Sign in
          Check!
          (thinking…)
          Reset
          or sign in with
          • facebook
          • google
            Password icon
            Signed in as (Sign out)

• Playhead return after stop

Make playhead return to original position like in Adobe Audition for speed up editing

32 votes
            Sign in
            Check!
            (thinking…)
            Reset
            or sign in with
            • facebook
            • google
              Password icon
              Signed in as (Sign out)

14 comments  ·  Playback  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
            • Playback becomes laggy while scrubbing with just lumetri

So what I noticed was, there is a major bug in PP CC (Latest) when doing major colour grading and scrubbing through your footage and trying various looks on 1 clip.

What happened was, the footage began to get very laggy and choppy, I said whats going on? Had a look at GPU usage, it was at 99%. When I didn't scrub or anything, it still was stuck at 99%. What gives?!?!

So what I did was, I scrolled to the end of the timeline where theres no media, and saw the dip in GPU usage back to 1-4% usage.…

3 votes
              Sign in
              Check!
              (thinking…)
              Reset
              or sign in with
              • facebook
              • google
                Password icon
                Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Playback  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
              • uninterrupted playback

Uninterrupted playback,
                playing video or audio in the timeline, have the option of letting you jump to different spot in the timeline, while keeping it playing.

24 votes
                Sign in
                Check!
                (thinking…)
                Reset
                or sign in with
                • facebook
                • google
                  Password icon
                  Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Playback  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                • Green/Glitchy H.264 videos with Premiere 13.0.1 & NVIDIA GTX 1050

Video exported as H.264 (from both Media Encoder and Premiere) imports as green, glitchy footage with other strange artifacts and does not play back correctly in Premiere. The video looks fine when viewed in Windows Media Player and other common video software. Video was exported using several different H.264 presets in Premiere and Media Encoder. I was finally able to get the video to import/playback correctly in Premiere by exporting my footage as a AVI video, re-importing into my project. Did not experience this issue with previous versions of Premiere.

3 votes
                  Sign in
                  Check!
                  (thinking…)
                  Reset
                  or sign in with
                  • facebook
                  • google
                    Password icon
                    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Proxies with Merged Clips?

Hi,

Do you have any plan to add proxy functionality for merge clips? What seems strange is that I can create proxies from merged clips, which link to the original source clips, but then when I turn on proxies, the merged clips still play back full res. This would be so, so useful for those of us who want to use both merged clips and proxies. Thank you for your consideration.

1 vote
                    Sign in
                    Check!
                    (thinking…)
                    Reset
                    or sign in with
                    • facebook
                    • google
                      Password icon
                      Signed in as (Sign out)

• Problems with playback of file from Blackmagic Duplicator 4K

We have stage shows recorded using the Blackmagic Duplicator 4K unit and I edit in Adobe Premiere Pro CC 2019 (13.0.2). The files recorded by the Blackmagic Duplicator are H.264 1080 with a data rate of 7.09 Mbit/s.

Playback in PP 2019 is glitchy (see screen shot). The file plays back with no problems in QuickTime. I did not have this problem until I upgraded to PP 2019. When I open the exact same files in PP 2018 (still installed on the same system), I have no problem.

When I open files recorded a year ago on the same Blackmagic…

1 vote
                      Sign in
                      Check!
                      (thinking…)
                      Reset
                      or sign in with
                      • facebook
                      • google
                        Password icon
                        Signed in as (Sign out)

• Adobe 2019 can't process footage like 2018

I can edit through Canon Raw Light like butter on Adobe 2018 on either my iMac Pro or MacBook Pro. When I downloaded 2019, Raw light is UNUSABLE...as in it can't play back even for a couple seconds. Its choppy and horrible and is definitely a bug since 2018 can process the exact same files smoothly with zero lag. Please fix this...I'd imagine other users with raw footage may be experiencing the same thing. My friend downloaded on his computer as well and same thing...2019 needs some work.

4 votes
                        Sign in
                        Check!
                        (thinking…)
                        Reset
                        or sign in with
                        • facebook
                        • google
                          Password icon
                          Signed in as (Sign out)

• x1/2 Playback Speed

I am editing footage to a song, and I want to align some videos to certain beats and notes, but in order to be precise I need to watch the project play at 1/2 and 1/4 speed. I know you can manually do this with J, but I wish I could be able to press the space bar and already have the video play at said speed, instead of needing to press J every time.

3 votes
                          Sign in
                          Check!
                          (thinking…)
                          Reset
                          or sign in with
                          • facebook
                          • google
                            Password icon
                            Signed in as (Sign out)

• BUG. Premiere pro showing proxies upside down

See https://forums.adobe.com/message/10770519#10770519

Very annoying but. In the latest PP version proxies are showing upside down, but they show the right way in every media player and even when imported as media the proxy show the right way in PP as well.

2 votes
                            Sign in
                            Check!
                            (thinking…)
                            Reset
                            or sign in with
                            • facebook
                            • google
                              Password icon
                              Signed in as (Sign out)

• Premiere Pro - FIX - Playback LAG when fully rendered…..

Premiere Pro - Playback LAG when fully rendered on MacBook Pro Mojave…..

- After fully rendering an adobe premiere pro timeline, the playback is lagging (jumping) preventing me from watching my edit back.
                              - Open premiere pro - add clips (4k 60 frames for closest replica) , render and try and play back
                              - After fully rendering I am typically able to watch my video timeline play back with zero latency.
                              - The lag that occurs prevents me from critiquing my work.

This needs immediate attention

3 votes
                              Sign in
                              Check!
                              (thinking…)
                              Reset
                              or sign in with
                              • facebook
                              • google
                                Password icon
                                Signed in as (Sign out)

• Metal playback video is black.

I have some videos from dji phantom 4 pro and osmo. They playback fine (besides some lag) but when put the videos in timeline and playback the timeline, video is black. Playback render is Metal. When I switch to OpenCL it plays normal. This came to happen this year, as last year I was working using Metal. My MacOS is updated as all the adobe apps.

2 votes
                                Sign in
                                Check!
                                (thinking…)
                                Reset
                                or sign in with
                                • facebook
                                • google
                                  Password icon
                                  Signed in as (Sign out)

• Add a "Toggle Renders" button

Sometimes you want to check your original footage.

You can turn proxies on and off, but not renders.

(I'd love to be wrong about this.)

Also stop using weird phrases instead of standard entertainment industry terms, ie "Video Previews" vs "Renders" :)

1 vote
                                  Sign in
                                  Check!
                                  (thinking…)
                                  Reset
                                  or sign in with
                                  • facebook
                                  • google
                                    Password icon
                                    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Hide Arrow Tool During Full Screen Playback

I enjoy being able to hit a key and pop in and out of full-screen playback, but I hate the fact that my arrow tool/cursor sits on top of the image and I have to manually drag it to my second monitor.

In general, support for two or three monitor setups needs improvement.

1 vote
                                    Sign in
                                    Check!
                                    (thinking…)
                                    Reset
                                    or sign in with
                                    • facebook
                                    • google
                                      Password icon
                                      Signed in as (Sign out)

• Mercury Transmit Hotkey

I would love to be able to map a keyboard shortcut to enable/disable mercury transmit. Often time when I have clients in the room, they can't help themselves on commenting when I'm still putting things together. I find myself needing to shut off my client monitor while I try things before presenting the change to them. I've mapped a button to open the playback preferences, but for efficiency I'd love to be able to toggle playback on my client monitor with a press of one button.

2 votes
                                      Sign in
                                      Check!
                                      (thinking…)
                                      Reset
                                      or sign in with
                                      • facebook
                                      • google
                                        Password icon
                                        Signed in as (Sign out)

• glitch (or like audio frequency-like) playback in video

When I preview a video, it becomes like a glitch playback. It also did the same thing when I insert the video in the Sequence

4 votes
                                        Sign in
                                        Check!
                                        (thinking…)
                                        Reset
                                        or sign in with
                                        • facebook
                                        • google
                                          Password icon
                                          Signed in as (Sign out)

• MOV files cannot play efficiently

Hello,
                                          We have video files from hidden cameras that Première cannot play efficiently. The software fails to play the files smoothly when continuously moving the playback head with the mouse. It also takes several seconds to load the preview image when moving the playback head at a given time.

Here are the characteristics of one problematic file attached.

And as the software behaves :
                                          https://vimeo.com/304490880/76e4000367

Thank you very much.

All the best.

3 votes
                                          Sign in
                                          Check!
                                          (thinking…)
                                          Reset
                                          or sign in with
                                          • facebook
                                          • google
                                            Password icon
                                            Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8
                                          • Don't see your idea?

Please do not use your Adobe ID and password.

Feedback and Knowledge Base