Premiere Pro

Welcome to the Adobe Premiere Pro feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the Premiere Pro team via this UserVoice page and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Premiere Pro community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. "I-frame first" fast seeking for inter frame compressed video files

When you are "seeking," (which means QUICKLY looking through a long video by clicking and dragging the playhead with the cursor,) there is sometimes very high "prefetch latency," meaning that frames will load slowly, resulting in very few frames being shown. This can make it very difficult to find what you're looking for.

But when seeking, perfect frame accuracy is not nearly as important as seeing what you're doing. Therefore, to reduce the "prefetch latency," I suggest that the nearest I-frame is loaded and displayed FIRST, (because I-frames are always the fastest to load) while the exact B or P…

205 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

22 comments  ·  Playback  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi Taran and everyone subscribed to the thread,

first of all: thanks for the incredibly detailed suggestion and the great conversation in the comments. While making such a change for the playback engine has a ton of implications and therefore isn’t done ad hoc, we’re certainly going to create a POC for it and will evaluate if there’s a way to put this into a production build for a test drive in an upcoming beta version.

I’ll keep you posted.

Cheers,
    Patrick

2. Captions in Premiere 2021 timeline is lagging

I work in a projects with a lot of captions. I have timelines with 30 to 70 minutes with captions.

Zoomed out to the whole timeline and visible captions my timeline starts to lag BIG time. The timeline zoomed in works just fine. Hiding the captions is also ok.

Imac Pro 2017

32 GHz 8-core Xeon W

64 GB 2666 DDR4

Radeon Pro Vegas 64X 16GB

extra monitor Apple 2,5K

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Playback  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. A button to help with broadcasting directly from the editing suite

There are cases in news broadcasting where you can not make it in time for your news piece to air and you have to broadcast live from your timeline via SDI for example. In this case it would be helpful to have an option or a button to help make Premiere ready for that so when you know you are going to broadcast live from your Premiere timeline you can just press that button and it automatically suppresses every action that could interfere with your broadcast, for example auto-saving. This would help with the pressure of situations like this and…

26 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Playback  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Fix the glitchy playback issues for sony fx3/ sony a7siii 10 bit 4.2.2 h.264 on PP 15.4 native version for m1

I have glitchy issue on playback on sony fx3/ sony a7siii 10 bit 4.2.2 h.264 on Premiere pro 15.4 native version for m1..

somehow glitch issue affect when exporting the final result too..

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Playback  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. preview file ignores playback quality

I am using preview files (render in to out) to get better playback, and I use high quality prores 422 as my preview format in the sequence settings so I can render previews eventually in the output settings and save time. this works great but one annoying thing - I am working with high resolution, and I set my playback resolution to 1/4 or even 1/8 to get smooth playback and it works, but when it reaches the rendered preview section in the timeline - it's always high quality... meaning I get a jump in resolution, and the playback is…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. The preview in Premiere really is worst! How can animators work with a preview which is dragging despite of following all norms?

The preview in Premiere really is the worst! How can animators work with a preview which is dragging despite following all norms? Its really frustrating in fast track agencies to have this issue pending for years. At least they should have fixed smooth preview for 1/6 resolution

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. PROBLEM WITH H.264 h.265 MP4 FROM SONY A7SIII

I have Amd latest 5950x and nvidia rtx 2080 64gb ram. I spent almost 5000$ on upgrade but didn't good playback with sony a7siii 4k 120fps. It's super slow lagi hard to import. I just don't want do proxy. It takes forever in my work flow. Please update h.265 or h.264 codec. It's struggling.

My friend has apple m1 which 1500$ laptop. Playback on m1 is butter.
    So confused

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Audio Follows Time Remapping

Audio should conform to the same edits as video when using Time Remapping. Period!

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Proxies don't sync up when interpreting footage

When I attach proxies to footage shot at 29.97 fps then interpret the footage at 23.97, the footage no longer syncs up. Toggling proxies on and off shows the frames to be completely different. I would like the proxies to be frame for frame synchronized when reinterpreting footage.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Simultaneous Audio Playback via multiple audio devices

For example you have embedded audio via a black magic deck link card and want to do playback simultaneously using another soundcard (for example audio output via ASIO USB devices). This function would open up possibilities in playback and production surroundings using different ways and outputs. Having the option of only one output can be quite limiting.

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Allow us to set diferent values for step forward and step back in "step forward/back many" options.

I often must edit some clips that have intro and credits and I have to remove them. They always have the same time, so if I have a option to setup diferent values for step forward and step back, that will help me a lot.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Need fast scrubbing and smooth playback with h.264 & HEVC. Transcode is cumbersome. Resolve/FCPX already good.

I'm on a Mac and the biggest bogdown is working in h.264 native and now HEVC. Scrubbing in the timeline has been horrible for years. Any plans for Adobe to uplevel this? FCPx and Resolve both are seamless with this file format. I would prefer not having to transcode to ProRes or whatever. Any suggestions as to if Adobe is working on this? We've been waiting many years for this. A professor who teaches NLE at a big So. Cal. University has jumped to Resolve for this reason alone! I'm getting client requests to work in Resolve to avoid this…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Locking in output settings for mercury transmit.

With BlackMagic hardware in Adobe apps, there is no way to specify output settings for a timeline like you can in Davinci Resolve. You can in the Blackmagic Settings tell the hardware to scale up or down to the next legal setting. When working in a 4K timeline, with a 4K hardware device and a 1080p monitor, the signal doesn't make it to the monitor. I would like to be able to lock in the setting for my output signal. So when working in a 4K or larger timeline, I could specify my output to 1080p24 so that I can…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Support realtime playback of Arri MXF raw

I would love to see realtime playback of Arri raw MXF files in Premiere like you get with Resolve.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Varicam 35 LT

When you upload footage with recorded audio from the Varicam LT it is very loud static noise. I am currently using version 15.2. When I uninstalled it and returned to version 15.0 the issue was no longer there. I have uploaded a sample of what I am talking about. How can we go forward to fix this issue? May someone follow up with me to address this?

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Improve scrubbing/fast forwarding performance with these 3 ideas!

Scrubbing and Fast Forwarding performance is often painfully slow.

Here's an example by Jayme Cowley Media Co. of scrubbing performance in Pr vs Resolve: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ilPUc22itSA. The associated FR he posted mentions the problem but doesn't offer any specific solutions.

Here are 3 ideas that could greatly enhance scrubbing and fast forwarding in Pr:

1. SCRUBBING/FF RESOLUTION: In addition to being able to set the Payback and Paused Resolution in the Source/Program Monitor's wrench menus, it would be great to also be able to specify the resolution that's used when scrubbing or Fast Forwarding in the Timeline or Source Monitor. This…

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Fullscreen playback glitch

I've noticed that the last few versions of Premiere CC 2021 have a weird playback glitch when in fullscreen. Random glitch lines appear on the video.

I've tested this in two different systems. The bug occurs on both.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Remove the flickering / strobe problem in program monitor

I have a flickering / strobe problem in program monitor while playing,
    This happens on my two windows machines.
    Not any problem on macbook.
    Windows 10
    RTX 3090
    32gb ram

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. You need to add a 1.8x anamorphic option

1.8x anamorphic is gaining popularity and I'm editing a feature film for a major studio next week that is utilizing it. This feature needs to be added so we don't have to scale the horizontal pixels manually by 1.8x to compensate...

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Audio doesn't play back when loop playback is enabled and the playback jumps back to the beginning.

As the title describes, audio does not playback when loop playback is enabled and the playback goes back to the beginning. This basically defeats the purpose of having a loop playback option, as I am trying to create a seamless looping video but there's no audio without me pausing playback and restarting it. Rendering out the sequence does not fix this either.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 23 24
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base