Premiere Pro

Welcome to the Adobe Premiere Pro feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the Premiere Pro team via this UserVoice page and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Premiere Pro community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. what is the official standpoint on multithreading / multicore?

i just had contact with support regarding super slow rendering times – they referred me here.
    i convert an h264 to a cropped png sequence, no effects applied (except the cropping).
    if i do this in premiere or ae, it takes at least 2 hours and only utilises a fraction of my cpu. if i do the very same operation via ffmpeg (cli), it's done in less then 7 minutes. attached you'll find screenshots of the two procedures, note the render times (as said, same task, same machine, same result).

is this expected behaviour (because cc simply does not work…

27 votes
    Sign in Sign in with Adobe ID
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Not Actionable  ·  8 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Make Premiere Pro 2019 work...

Premiere Pro 2019 is unusable. Video preview cannot be played, any change voids work area renders, renders take exceptionslly long time.

Numerous people rolling back to 2018 and 2017 to keep working...

If uninstalled and reinstalled various combinations of Premiere and all CC products and both 2019 and 2018 versions of Premiere have become unusable.

32 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Not Actionable  ·  3 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Make it not suck. I am runnning a top of the range, latest imac. Premiere 2019 felt smooth, responsive, lovely to cut with. 2020 NOT

Make 2020 smooth, not jittery. That would be a start... Also don't release software before it's ready please...

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Not Actionable  ·  0 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Trying to use Premiere 2018 and have problem with 'gradient wipe'

Trying to use Premiere pro 2018 (having cpu issues with 2019 and 20 due to older computer) but gradient wipe does not work!! I don't understand why if Adobe supports 2018, and it's available to download they can't give me the updated versions of 2018 in which this problem was fixed? CRM:08022000001557

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Not Actionable  ·  0 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Performance bad

Playback is choppy when you view the video. I edited a video two days ago and now when I play it back in the editor it is very choppy. So I started another and I get the same. I uninstalled it and reinstalled it and the same. IT's CHOPPY. Please FIX>

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. The software crashes a lot more on newer versions

On older versions of Premiere pro I was and am able to import any size or quality of video or audio where in the newest three versions I can't import specific videos or audio and I don't whether this is a bug or the app itself

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Premiere Pro CC 2019

Premiere Pro CC 2019 wont read video clips like 2018 version. What has changed with the system and is there a future update to smooth the the thins up Same video clips run on Da Vinci Resolve smoothly but not the CC 2019.

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Why the **** do I have to confirm my cloud account every 10min?

DISABLE IT!
    I hope this cloud system will be the end of Adobe and somebody will come up with something better.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Need to fix issue with searching imported project assets in Premiere CC 13.0.2 (Windows 10)

SEARCH BAR: Search lags or fails to produce results when searching connected media. This is causing major delays in production due to having to locate assets manually.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. New Imac 2019 crashing

Regular Imac, but w/ fastest processor & GPU and most RAM allowed, keeps crashing when dragging cursor thru timeline at high speed. It's not just PPro that crashes, the machine itself hangs up.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. KEEPS CRASHING!!

Adobe i s getting suoer annoying it said ti update drivers which i did then its just crashes with in 30 secs of being open i cant even use it at all. wasting my money time and resources when i can sitch right to final cut pro!! ARGGGGGH FIX IT

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Fix whatever makes Premiere randomly crash constantly

SO sick of Premiere crashing. It is seemingly random so I cannot give any specific reasons.
    Sometimes I haven't touched anything and the whole thing just closes (doesn't freeze, just disappears as if the program isn't open).
    Sometimes it freezes while just hitting the space bar, sometimes when I save it crashes ie. it doesn't save and I lose everything!

As of the last update it hasn't been saving properly either (I have autosave set to 10mins but also manually do it constantly) so I have lost hours of work and a whole head of hair. It's doing my head…

27 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. BETTER BACK UPS

DUDE.. i just lost HOURS of work because YOUR PROGRAM randomly dropped my preview screen and then I CAN'T FIND ANY BASIC OPTION to bring it back, clicked on Reference Monitor thinking that might help and it crashed.. I LOST HOURS OF MY EFFORT. I had save automatically on and everything. Right now I wish I could drive my fist through some of you programmers faces.

0 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Not Actionable  ·  1 comment  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Premiere Pro blew my brand new 2018 Macbook Speakers!!!

Premiere Pro blew my one month old 2018 MacBook Pro speakers. Many others have experienced the same problem.

You can view the forum on this issue here: https://forums.adobe.com/message/10919925

Not acceptable, Apple & Adobe. Please help!!!

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. help

Make it launch!!! So frustrating. It crashes at initializing stage and I can't find a solution anywhere.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Rendering issues

Hey for some odd reason since before Christmas I can't render in to out and even when I try to export.. it does nothing. When I click render in to out nothing pops up not even the ETA box or telling how many files left to render. Also having the absolute hardest time opening dynamic links between AE and PR. I thought it was an update was going to drop very soon again, but that doesn't seem to be the case. My entire Adobe clouds is updated and I'm running a MacBook Mojave 10.14.2. Please tell me if you've had…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Crash every time I switch work space to "Color" workspace

Crash every time I switch work space to "Color" workspace

9 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Make it so it can actually play audio and video in the editor

Premiere will not play audio or video. When the play button is clicked, it changes to the stop button, but does not play video or audio. I exported a video, and it exported fine, and I was able to edit the exact same video on another computer. I tried signing out and signing back in as well as uninstalling and reinstalling premiere and restarting my computer, with no success. Considering how much I'm spending for this software, I am very annoyed that it doesn't work at all.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Every **** update you break something. You could improve PPro by not improving it. Like not breaking my GoPro shots

Your 12.1 "update" has broken functionality for Apple XDCAM EX files...they do not re-link properly. FIX THIS, DAMMIT!

8 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Premiere Pro not working in High Sierra for Imac (LATE 2014)

premiere is not responding. Will load projects, but seemingly overnight the workflow went from fantastic to unworkably slow

Have taken computer to Apple support for hardware and software wellness check and there is no issue with the machine.

steps to resolve: ( we have tried so far)
    -Uninstalled, reinstalled program.
    -Updated to most recent version
    - check connection to media of Raid speed (very good - works great in other Adobe programs, AE, PS)
    -Used Adobe Cleaner to Uninstall Creative Cloud and wipeout any lingering Adobe drivers, installers etc. THEN reinstalled premiere .
    -reset computer to factory settings and deleted…

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base