Premiere Pro

Welcome to the Adobe Premiere Pro feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the Premiere Pro team via this UserVoice page and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Premiere Pro community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. The latest Premiere Pro is bugged

Linking my AE file to my PR, doesn't load my AE file, I have to open AE for it to work, and trying to load the AE file in PR, crashes PR, I reinstalled PR, and the same bug.
    And if I have already linked my AE, the loading of that file in the bottom right corner is stuck, I removed the file and it's still stuck there, I have uploaded a PNG of it.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Updates

The update of Premiere with version 22 is not usable professionally. Old projects are partly no longer usable, the dynamic links with After Effects etc. do not work. AND: New projects created in Premiere 22 cannot be opened afterwards, the software freezes (pinball). And this after two days of wasting time with restarting and testing the system and all Adobe components (latest MacPro 2019, 96 GB RAM, SSD on PCIe, Monterey Clean-Install, without font tool, without plugins, installation according to ADOBE specifications, etc.) The saved projects can be imported each time only as an import into a newly created project,…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Bug in Premiere Pro - version 14.5.0

I updated to the latest version today, Oct. 21, 2020 - - whenever I am working in a project in Premiere, and then close the project to open another project, ALL keyboard shortcuts stop working. I have to completely quit Premiere, and reset preferences (hold "Option/ALT" upon launching) for the shortcuts to be restored.

And then if I hop to another project, again, the shortcuts stop working.

I have zero custom keyboard shortcuts; all of the shortcuts that cease to work are the ones native to Premiere.

Premiere Version: 14.5.0

Working on an iMac Pro 2017
    macOS Catalina - 10.15.7

18 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Sounds scary; we’re not yet able to reproduce that behavior, here.

Confirming: In Preferences —> General —> Most Recent, is yours set to show the Home screen (the default behavior), or have you changed the pref to “open most recent”?

4. Before updating Premiere Pro, my application was lagging on anything I attempt to do. After updating, it still is.

Whether I am selecting frames, adding effects, or simply trying to open my project, Premiere Pro lags until I click out of the application and then back into it. My computer is brand new and so I know it is not a memory or system requirements issue. It was functioning perfectly fine and then it randomly started acting up on me last night. I updated it this afternoon, hoping it would be fixed, but it lags worse now.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Make it work with iPhone videos. Premier Pro crashes when trying to play even less than 3 mins of less than a total of 10 clips.

Make Premier Pro work with iPhone videos (and don't respond that it works - it does not). It crashes with less 10 clips totaling less than 3 mins, every time without fail. Tried off 11, 12 pro max, and a 12. Tried making them mp4 instead of mov also, doesn't matter, it can't handle iPhone videos. I have a Red, Nikons, and a bunch of other non-iphone based equipment and it works fine with those, just not iPhone outputs.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Issue labelling media with latest update

When I am color labeling media in my premier pro timeline it automatically applies the same label to every other piece of media and audio file in my timeline. Rendering the purpose of labelling useless. Is anyone else having this issue? This issue is really adding unnecessary time to my projects form the lack of ability to be organized. Is anyone else having this issue?

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Using Premiere Pro Version 15.2.0 (Build 35) Bug Report

Using Premiere Pro Version 15.2.0 (Build 35) Bug Report

After entering text via essential graphics we are unable to select a camera in Multicam mode using the mouse. However, the selection is possible through the use of number keys.

Restarting Premiere resolves the issue. It is time-consuming to have to re-start Premiere multiple times during the day. Thanks.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. The volume points are so buggy

When adding points for controlling audio level, I add like 500 and move them up and down as I go. After creating a point, I click on it to move it buts its unreactive. most of the time, it takes me 2 or 3 clicks before the point realizes I want to move it. I have found no explanation and it creates a lot of frustration for me

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. performance subtitles

With a lot of subtitles, performance of the interface drags badly.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Cancel Actions Slow

It takes too long to cancel a render, cancel a render and replace action etc. Sometimes the program will hang for minutes when rendering dynamic links. Why does cancelling take so long?

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. BUG 15.4.1 crashes immediately after toggling to different app, not ready for release

Have just rolled back to 15.4.0 and the issue has gone./
    Please test fully before release or I shall have to bill you for the downtime.
    Check with Newtek in case NDI streaming is problematic.
    Check compatibility with nvidia studio and BMD decklink drivers.
    15.4.1 has an issue that is causing it to not display video. Assume it is a mercury GPU thing but disabling hardware acceleration did not stop it happening. Also test for dual GPU users in case Premiere is getting confused by multiple identical GPUs

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. BUG: Toggling away from app and back again crashes Premiere / stops preview working first

Latest Premiere, latest Nvidia Studio drivers 1070Ti founders x2 / Xeon 2867v2 x2
    Decklink 4KExtreme 12G - latest drivers
    Rednet PCIe dante card - ASIO
    Asus Hyperdrive 4x Corsair 960GB MP510 in RAID 0

Pro Res HD footage, any footage

Premiere is now unuseable as the monent I switch apps video no longer plays and shortly after the app crashes
    trashing preferences and reinstalling does not help

Worked fine until yesterday
    Possible causes?
    installed NDI 5?
    removed second monitor>

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. MULTICAM SEQUENCES LAGGING - after every edit windows - Professional Editor Inquiry

HELP! Multicam - freezes - for 8-30 seconds after any edit in timeline

Professional video editor - missing deadlines - please help

This is happening now to multiple projects - this did not happen in the past. if I 'touch' timeline a freeze of the premiere app occurs for 8-30 secoids

windows,32gigs ram (24 allocated) no other software running - NVME for os and app, seperate NVME for cache, external SSD for project file and media together (tride using 2 different ssd to ensure the ssd was not the problem) using low res default proxies and 1/4 res & lumetri…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. "Legendas" não esta funcionando, eu clico e fecha tudo.

"Legendas" não esta funcionando, eu clico e fecha tudo. Queria usar a nova versão de transcrever a legenda automatica..porém nem no Beta e nem no Premiere PRO ta funcionando.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. MPEG2 MXF and M2T slow opening

Whenever I open a project that has any MPEG 2 assets (in the form of HDCAM-type MXF files or M2T files from a Sony camcorder), all the footage sits in a "Media Pending" mode for the same amount of time as it did the first time they were imported. Now on-screen, no status is given about what is happening, but the HDD is quite busy and appears to be re-indexing the footage. Any ideas why this is happening?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. 2020 Premier was perfect with my hardware.. now 2021 sucks.. editing the SAME FOOTAGE!!

How about.. STOP writing sloppy code to force hardware upgrades. I should be able to do the SAME thing with the SAME equipment and footage, without crashing! 2020 was fine.. 2021 is making me consider going to those other guys....

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Premiere Pro 15.1, changes not shown in real time

Currently, Premiere Pro on it's most recent update will not show my changes in real time. Example: tinkering with the audio in the audio work space; the panel seems unresponsive, until you resize the panel window and then the changes are visible. Another example: dragging clips within the timeline; the clips don't move until you've let go of your click.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Fix Audio Previews/Rendering

Currently, Premiere Pro has no indicator for audio rendering, and appears to render all audio prior to starting playback, causing lag spikes upwards of 20s with a large multi-track file.

This would be okay, if somewhat annoying, if Premiere actually cached and retained this audio after this first time. However, that is not the case. Premiere does not cache the audio to disk, and will discard all of it immediately if you so much as click out of the program for half a second, causing another 20s lag spike before you can start playback again.

Additionally, people have reported related…

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Fix captions! After the recent update captions are now working POORER than before - how is this possible?

When I put a new caption behind the recent one, the caption I just made disappeares and turns into "New Caption".

How can this happen??

This error makes it impossible to work with the captions-flow. It simply does not work anymore. Unless you keep retyping the same text again and again, because the Premiere deletes it.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Fix the issue with Essential graphics please!

The Adobe Stock 'free' items are returning errors that I don't hold enough licenses, or there is an error while downloading from the adobe stock library. Please fix!! I've been using this on a daily basis.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base