Premiere Pro

Welcome to the Adobe Premiere Pro feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the Premiere Pro team via this UserVoice page and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Premiere Pro community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Files too large to import

When did this get upgraded into the program. Already losing time on a crunch looking up info on what should have been an easy edit.

Switching to Final Cut X in 3...2...1...

1 vote
    Sign in Sign in with Adobe ID
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Import  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Bug: About half the time I drag a file in from Finder into the bin, it doesn't work.

If I drag a file from Finder into the project bin, about half the time it gives me an error noise and nothing happens. There's nothing wrong with the file. If I try again it works.

This is a regular occurrence.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Please fix the 'Importer reported a generic error'. (File import failure)

How hard can that be? It is so frustrating to see all my clips go offline every single time. It has been happening since so long. Adobe has rolled out at least 2 or 3 updates but could not fix this simple bug? There is absolutely no solution for this? I am having to rename every single clip to reconnect. You know how annoying that is?

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Generic error means that an error occurred, and that it wasn’t one that Premiere Pro understands. That same symptom can come from a broad variety of causes, so this is in no sense a simple bug. 

If you can reproduce the problem in current builds of PPro, please contact Support and provide step-by-step instructions on how to reproduce it; we’d be happy to help.

4. the option "capture" (F5) doesn't work anymore on different machines.

Since any update (I think Windows) the option "capture" (F5) doesn't work anymore on different machines.
    The peripherals and connections are unchanged, short time ago it still worked. More people on the Dutch Adobe forum are complaining about this item.
    For me is capturing (old) movies my job, so it's terrible when my software stops. I hope you can fix it soon.
    I also contacted

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. XML

Importing XML sequences bring up "importing" dialogue box. It then disappears and nothing is imported. XML works in other programs! Seen the same problem shared by other users.

7 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Import  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. [BUG] Error while loading AEGP plugin

This error appeared shortly after I upgraded to the latest versions of Adobe Premiere Pro and After Effects, the error occurs after trying to import adobe after effect files via the File > Import menu option in Adobe Premiere Pro.

2018-04-21 01:07:40.537 Adobe Premiere Pro CC 2018[4042:230646] AdobeCrashReporterInitialize: executionTime = 0.002322 seconds
    <123145457848320> <DS> <5> GPUSniffer launching with test mask 254
    GPUSniffer testing 254
    --- OpenGL Info ---
    Vendor: ATI Technologies Inc.
    Renderer: AMD Radeon Pro 450 OpenGL Engine
    OpenGL Version: 2.1 ATI-1.66.31
    GLSL Version: 1.20
    Monitors: 1
    Monitor 0 properties -
    Size: (0, 0, 1680, 1050)
    Max texture size:…

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Dont make me convert my audio files for them not to be empty (no sound or waveform) in Premier when I import

6/10 times I try to import various audio formats (WAV, MP3, etc.) they import empty. There is no waveform, there is no sound when played back from Premier Pro. The audio files work fine in windows, but not in Premiere. Sometimes if you re-download the same file again, it will work....super cool.

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Perhaps you’re running into PPro’s audio conforming process? If so, the file would be silent until conforming is complete (and no waveforms would be visible until peak files are drawn, if enabled in PPro’s preferences).

Without specific failing files, there’s not much we can do with this report. If you can still reliably reproduce the issue, please contact Support, and provide such a file.

8. Free trial

Free trial FAQ says what it includes all the features of Premiere Pro.
    But it not working with HEVC codec.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Not Actionable  ·  0 comments  ·  Import  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. 12.1.0 does not import or link to MOV files.

Since installing the latest version 12.1.0 of PP 2018, importing MOV files has become an issue. This has serious implications for my professional work. PLEASE fix it! Thanks.

7 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Media offline with 12.1.1

Converting projects to work with 12.1.1 knocked half of my media offline and relinking results in a "generic import error" that erases media from the project/all sequences that it's used in.

11 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Media Browser crashes on Red footage

Adobe Premiere routinely crashes for me when I am browsing a directory in Media Browser that contains RED footage. Usually happens if I try to scroll or mouse-over on a file before all of the thumbnails have been generated.

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base