Premiere Pro

Welcome to the Adobe Premiere Pro feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the Premiere Pro team via this UserVoice page and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Premiere Pro community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Support AVI files needed in newest release... URGENT

Newest update doesn't support AVI files!!! This is a major issue as it has been supported in the past with previous versions. I represent a market of users who utilize the AVI file from a particular camera system. With over 75K users of this camera and it's file format and your failure to retain this file-are we to tell our customers to use another editing software. Or worse yet..."don't update Premiere"?

100 votes
    Sign in Sign in with Adobe ID
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

112 comments  ·  Import  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Fix mp4 Importing

Summary of problem - mp4's import some okay and some with just audio only. Seemingly random as to which mp4's will work.

This is happening in the latest build of CC18 (4/18/18). It was NOT happening in the previous build of CC18.

thanks

37 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

22 comments  ·  Import  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

There will always be some .mp4 files Premiere Pro cannot import. The timing of your post suggests that the .mp4 files you were trying to import relied upon OS-provided support, which was removed.

If you can reproduce the problem in current builds of PPro, please contact Support and provide step-by-step instructions on how to reproduce it; we’d be happy to help.

3. Make older video files compatible with Premiere and Encoder

Older video files no longer work with current Adobe Premiere and Encoder. In fact, when I try to import them, my whole system locks up. Forums tell me I have to install older versions of the software to make it work. Why put customers through such hassle? Why not just make Adobe backwards compatible for older video files? I'm not talking about ancient video files, it's video files from a few years ago. We can't all afford to buy the latest cameras every year.

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Declined  ·  0 comments  ·  Import  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Adobe Premier Pro - Not Have A Computer Tied To One Task.

I would like to be able to continue using my computer for other tasks while it is capturing video. Presently when capturing video footage you are confined to the capture window. The moment that the capture window is no longer the selected/active window capturing stops!

This means that a highly capable computer is tied to this one task and cannot either work else where in Premier Pro in another screen or run another app. This surely must be possible as I am able to do this when running other similar programs.

Tying up a computer like this is costly, especially…

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Import  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Capture requires accurate timing, and (potentially) most/all system resources. In order to ensure maximum quality and minimum issues, PPro will continue to block other work while capturing.

5. Bug report Premiere Pro CC 2018 Version 12.1.1 won’t import AVI files with MacBook Pro any more

Premiere Pro CC 2018 Version 12.1.0 won’t import AVI files with MacBook Pro any more.
    Perian is installed on my os (10.12.6).
    When tested on Premiere Pro CC 2017 Version 11.1.2 same AVI files imported without problem.
    Same bug with FLV files, btw. Can import FLV into Premiere Pro cc 2017, and can't import theme into cc 2018.

11 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Import  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Designate a folder to import to

When importing anything through the media browser, media/assets always go to the last folder that you had active. I want to be able to designate a folder that everything gets imported to (it was called "Set Logging Bin" in FCP 7).

6 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Import  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base