Skip to content

Premiere Pro

ANNOUNCEMENT - This forum is moving

In an effort to improve communications between you and the Premiere Pro team, we are moving this feedback forum to the Premiere Pro page on the Adobe Support Community. As requested, bugs and feature requests will be able to live separately in that forum.

This move is happening in part to acknowledge that we haven't been responsive enough here, and we are combining our forums to help remedy that. Ideas and their attached comments from this UserVoice forum will be migrated based on how many people voted for them. Check your profile on the Adobe Support Community to see any migrated posts that you've created or commented on. If you have an item here that did not make the migration, please bring it over to our new home.

See you soon on the Adobe Support Forum!

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

4 results found

1. Can adobe read this codec : Linear PCM, Timecode, XAVC Intra codec. It's a codec from a sony fs7 that went through final cut.

When import within premiere you only have 4 layers of sounds, no video.

The only way I found to bypass this issue without losing too much quality was to transcode in apple pro res HQ within compressor. The only down with this method is that you lose the S or V log, which will be harder to colour grading down the line.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Import  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Audio not fully imported.

Since the latest update (PP 22.5) the import of audio from a camera fails.
    I'm using mediabay and ingest to import files from my camera-card. This way I get one smooth video- and audiofile from the seperate MTS-files from the camera. After import the video has no problem but the audio is just taken from the first MTS-file and the rest of the file has no sound at all.
    Fortunately I still have my old computer with PP version 22.4 and there doesn't this problem exist. So, I can import from the camera on that computer and edit it later…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Import  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. When importing AVCHD files in Mac OSX...Premiere needs create unique MTS filenames

When importing AVCHD files from different recording sessions but part of a same project when .MTS files are dragged into a timeline and multiple timelines from different recording sessions are open at the same time...audio playback from other .MTS files in other timelines occur. This most likely happens because every .MTS is labelled with a generic number 00001.MTS. It could possibly be that Adobe Premiere has the ability to catalogue and continuously keep things organized...but when it sees multiple files with the same numbering system it's not hard to imagine it getting confused even thought the clips are in separate…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Import  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I have an AVCHD camera, that follows that naming convention; agreed, tedious.

Renaming source media files on import can cause problems with lots of formats, and is a behavior PPro avoids, whenever possible.

PPro can differentiate between files with identical names, based on their paths. But you’re right, this isn’t very obvious in the project panel (unless you’ve already set up the project panel to show paths).

Would your suggestion be to append the date/time to the project item name, associated with 00001.MTS files?

4. auto import

Please add auto-import option to Premiere

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Import  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)