Premiere Pro

Welcome to the Adobe Premiere Pro feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the Premiere Pro team via this UserVoice page and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Premiere Pro community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. XML files from Davinci Resolve do not recognize text titling

I am attempting to take an edit that was done in Davinci resolve and bring it into After Effects for titling, using “Basic Text” title generators in Resolve. Prior to After Effects 2020, a.k.a. 17.0.2, you could select XML files for import into After Effects directly using the automatic duck plug-in, i.e. “import premiere pro project” function. Adobe claims that binaries in Mac OS 11-12 have broken this function, and instead of repairing it, they have chosen to abandon functionally.

I can import AAF and “plain” XML files from Resolve, but .fcpxml files from 1.3-1.7 do not import, and those…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Import  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Mp4 files import audio only

I updated CC to the newest version - now I can't import mp4 files (most of them from GH5, but also from stock footage). AFX and Premiere imports only Audio. mp4 from DJI are now stated as not supported file type. Media encoder also shows no Video. I can import these files to Photoshop without a problem and they open in Resolve, Avid, VLC and all other Apps you can think of. I tried to set back to prior version of AFX, premiere and Mediaencoder, but now it's the same problem there as well. I uninstalled the whole CC, run…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Import  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Create a "fix frame rate using optical flow" option for imported clips

I came here to see if anyone had requested introducing optical flow to fix frame rate issues that sometimes occur when capturing to video (especially when shooting 4K video on mobile devices). For the most part, my Galaxy S21 can record smooth 30fps video clips at 4K, but I do still get a frames that appear to stutter / double up when I step through them on the timeline.

Basically this option would use the clip's captured frame rate (or one set by interpret footage) to step through the frames, identify where there have been no visual changes, and then…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. improve scc and xml subs import

frequently some subs are missing on import.
    I am using on online converter to turn the files into srt files as a workaround

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Paste Photo from the Web. Just like Photoshop

Also, why is this not a feature? Considering what Adobe can do, it sounds easy for them to just save the image to your drive.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. BUG in PPv2022. DNxHD MOV import is not working!

Media doesn't import. Alerts saying "Error Retrieving Frame1" (etc). This is DNxHD These are clips that worked fine in PPv14. I'm uploading a 1sec video only GFX transition with embedded alpha, for you to test. I tried both promoting a PPv14 project, and also starting a brand new PPv2022 project, and nope, it does not work, on multiple files.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Maintain folder structures on import

Add an option to preserve empty folder structures on import!

Often I or an assistant editor will create a folder structure in the finder with empty folders to be populated with media later on in the production workflow (i.e. Final mix stems, color files, graphics). Currently if you import empty folders or folders with only one item in them, those empty folders disappear on import and the single item that was inside them is left outside any folder. This prevents planning and proper organization, and I'm not sure what the benefit of it is? Fewer folders? But I wanted those,…

37 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

21 comments  ·  Import  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. After Effects Files Not Importing

When loading projects with After Effects files already uploaded before the updates, the After Effects files will not load into the project. When I try to to link the files to the original source, Premiere freezes. And when I try to import new After Effects files into a project, Premiere freezes again.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Functionality similar to Hedge

Be able to import footage to two drives simultaneously and verify that the footage was copied without issue, and generate proxies. Could be a standalone app or built-in to Premiere Pro.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. With Prelude gone, it's now very difficult to quickly copy, verify and rename clips on ingest. I'd love this to be streamlined

With Prelude gone, it's now very difficult to quickly copy, verify and rename clips on ingest. I'd love this to be streamlined in the new media importer or perhaps added to Media Encoder. I really don't think it should be that we have to create a preset for each ingest in order to achieve these simple tasks which Prelude was perfect for, especially as you have to select a destination in order to create the preset.

Prelude allowed for quick, logical progression through the ingest settings allowing you to customize each ingest as needed.
    Working in an education environment we…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Import images from a Lightroom classic catalog

it would be useful if Premiere could import processed images from a Lightroom classic catalog, avoiding having to export them from LR and save to disk

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Import video stops working after a period of time in Premiere Pro 2022. You have to close out of Premiere and reopen it to import video.

Import video stops working after a period of time in Premiere Pro 2022. You have to close out of Premiere and reopen the project to import video. And it happens over and over again.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Need to be able to import a pre-made folder structure into premiere. Now it only imports folders with files in them and ignores the

You need to be able to import a pre-made folder structure (without files in it) into premiere. Right now, when you import folder structure it only imports the folders with files in them and ignores the others. This is completely inefficient for AE's and Editors who need to maintain a certain organizational folder structure. Please fix this immediately!

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Not importing XAVC Intra

I am editing a project for a client and I am stuck, and there is a deadline looming. My source material is XAVC Intra. When I attempt to bring in to Premiere either through the Media Browser or through File>Import, the result is an audio-only clip, no video. I also tried to bring the footage into Media Encoder and After Effects, with same results. After reading about other issues with XAVC format in Premiere, I downloaded Premiere Beta, but had simiular results. Thinking that perhaps Black Magic Desktop Video was somehow interfering, I uninstalled it but still had the same…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Import  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Not importing XAVC Intra (Work Stoppage)

I am editing a project for a client and I am stuck, and there is a deadline looming. My source material is XAVC Intra. When I attempt to bring in to Premiere either through the Media Browser or through File>Import, the result is an audio-only clip, no video. I also tried to bring the footage into Media Encoder and After Effects, with same results. After reading about other issues with XAVC format in Premiere, I downloaded Premiere Beta, but had simiular results. Thinking that perhaps Black Magic Desktop Video was somehow interfering, I uninstalled it but still had the same…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Bug - Alpha channels have a blur

Premiere v15.4.2 & After Effects 18.4.2
    When importing graphics into Premiere via Dynamic Link, all the graphics have a soft blur around them. No effects in After Effects or Premiere applied.

Also when using the Track Matte key in Premiere, the Alpha Channel has a blurred edge - Using Luminance removes the blurred edge. There's no blur on the Alpha matte

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. photoshop layer appear offline media even it already linked when i move or copy project to another machinein , i usedPR 22.1.2

photoshop layer appear offline media(only in timeline) even it already linked when i relink move or copy project to another machine , i used PR 22.1.2

so i have to drag and drop those layers to replace the offline one

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Bug: Imported XML transitions aren't attached to neighboring clips

I was doing a deeper dive to troubleshoot the XML export issues outlined in a previous bug report (https://adobe-video.uservoice.com/forums/911233-premiere-pro/suggestions/43998075-bug-audio-exported-from-premiere-pro-2021-via-fin) and discovered another bug.

Theoretically you can use a workaround to fix the export bug, if you have a 23.976033fps file you can replace footage with a 24fps file of the same content, make a new sequence off the 24fps file, and then copy your edits over to it. This allows you to export an xml that works when you import it back into adobe... mostly.

I say mostly because there's another bug that pops up, I believe due…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Sony FS5 issues when importing into premiere

When importing Sony Fs5 into premiere, I get a nice green screen on playback. Isn't an issue on the camera side. Will playback seamlessly in VLC, Catalyst etc.. I feel needs to be an update working with the codec of the Sony line of cameras. I'm currently having to transcode every folder to be usable in Premiere Pro. Have latest version of PP21 updated.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Assembly Workspace default needs improvement

The Project Panel in the Assembly Workspace always defaults to the wrong pane! I don't understand why the default Assembly Workspace wants the Project Panel in the top right pane and the Audio Levels in the great big left pane that takes up half of the screen. I mean why do Audio Levels even matter in Assembly mode?
    What I wish it would do is have the Project Panel in the great big left pane and the Media Browser should be in the upper Right Pane and that should be defaulted to open at the location of the Project File…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base