Premiere Pro

Welcome to the Adobe Premiere Pro feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the Premiere Pro team via this UserVoice page and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Premiere Pro community forum.

How can we improve Premiere Pro?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. STOP DUPLICATE MEDIA FROM BEING IMPORTED

This has not been fixed even though Adobe has claimed to fix this.

I have the media in one master project. My assistant has a their shared project. I open a small sequence from that project and drag the media from it it into my main project. EVEN THOUGH I ALREADY HAVE ALL THE MEDIA, I STILL GET DUPLICATED MEDIA. And on top of that it creates a separate folder for each small clip of footage. Take a look at the attached screenshot.

This is horrible. Fix this asap please. What's the point of shared projects if we can't move…

278 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: facebook google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

38 comments  ·  Import  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Multithreaded conforming

Please make conforming multithreaded!

I know this must be achievable because conforming is just reading through the file and making peak files / metadata files. Right now the process is sequential, one file at a time. The process could be parallel, conforming multiple files at a time.

For multicore machines, this would be a HUGE increase in startup performance when importing footage. Especially for big projects with hours of clips.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Import  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. 9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Import  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Import problem after update to CC 2019

Hello, have problems with import files "The compression type is not supported". With CC 2018 it worked smoothly. Nasty are from the Mavic 2 pro:
    Vollständiger Name : Q:\Import\2018\2018-10-Mavic2-Test\2018-10-05_Flugfeld_Mavic\DCIM\100MEDIA\DJI_0057.MP4
    Format : MPEG-4
    Format-Profil : Base Media
    Codec-ID : isom (isom/iso2/mp41)
    Dateigröße : 2,73 GiB
    Dauer : 3 min 54s
    Gesamte Bitrate : 100 Mb/s
    Kodierungs-Datum : UTC 2018-10-05 17:33:59
    Tagging-Datum : UTC 2018-10-05 17:33:59
    Kodierendes Programm : Lavf56.15.102
    Video
    ID : 1
    Format : HEVC
    Format/Info : High Efficiency Video Coding
    Format-Profil : Main 10@L5@Main
    Codec-ID : hvc1
    Codec-ID/Info : High Efficiency Video Coding
    Dauer : 3 min 54s
    Bitrate…

19 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15 comments  ·  Import  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Allow Batch Image sequence import

We're working on animation movies, and more specifically editing a feature film. We have 1600+ shots in this movie, that are all rendered to image sequences in various 3rd party software.

We need an efficiant way to import the shots into Premiere. Right now, there's no way to batch import the sequence. We should at least be able to drag & drop folders containing image sequences and have them imported all at once.

A dialogue box upon import should ask us if we want to import the folders content as image sequences, and maybe even let us define the framerate…

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Import  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Support AVI files needed in newest release... URGENT

Newest update doesn't support AVI files!!! This is a major issue as it has been supported in the past with previous versions. I represent a market of users who utilize the AVI file from a particular camera system. With over 75K users of this camera and it's file format and your failure to retain this file-are we to tell our customers to use another editing software. Or worse yet..."don't update Premiere"?

71 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

76 comments  ·  Import  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Importing New Files Into a Bin that is Already Imported

I'd love it if there were a keyboard shortcut to update my imported folders to add media that is now in the folders that wasn't previously in there during the previous import.

I oftentimes add files into a project and have a file structure implemented physically on my computer. I start a project and do an initial import with the media that I currently have (which includes the all important file structure) As I continue the project, I need a pieces of media here and there, so I create it and save it on my computer in the folder that…

17 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Import  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Allow relinking to clips with different # of audio channels

Just like you can re-link a file to one with different timecode than the version in the project, you should be able to re-link a clip to a file with different audio channels than the original. Just like with TC, if there is 4 channels in original clip and one user wants to use only has 2 channels, the slash marks simply appear in channels 3 and 4.

Sure, warn the user, but sometimes this is just nessecary when a mistake was made in transcode... or you're relinking to colored files, and colorist didn't export with 4 audio tracks (and…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Allow Proxies and Master Clips to have Different Audio Channels

Just like you can re-link a file to one with different timecode than the version in the project, you should be able to link a proxy file to a master clip with different audio channels than the original. Just like with TC, if there is 4 channels in original clip and proxy clip only has 2 channels, the slash marks simply appear in channels 3 and 4.

THIS IS IMPORTANT because the H.264 spec only supports 2 channels. ALMOST ALL CAMERAS shoot with 4 channels. H264 is IDEAL proxy format if you're taking project to edit mobile (ie to the…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Bug: Premiere confuses my loaded media

This is the first time I am experiencing this with premiere (I work on Mac and I have installed all the latest updates of Premiere Pro CC2019):

Let's say I want to make a video out of 10 images. I import the images create my sequence, finish with my editing -with everything working fine- and I save my project and close premiere. Without any change to my initial 10 images, I reopen the premiere project and I see everything the way I left it (no red lines, warnings etc) BUT the initial 10 images (although I don't get the message…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Folder that is updated based on contents as they are added.

Allow me to add a folder to my project, say Music for example. On my computer I have a folder called music, I import folder into premiere. I now go and edit my project and then decide to download some temp music tracks. I save these music tracks in the folder called Music on my PC and anytime a new file is added to said folder via the finder/explorer of the computer it will update inside of premiere with the new file already imported.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. After Effects Editable Text changing font from original file

When I import a composition to Premiere by Dynamic Link, and I try to edit original text by the "After Effects Editable Text" option, an issue change the font type to Times New Roman, no matter which one I'm using at the original AE file.

This is frustrating, because this function makes me optimize my time with default lower thirds that I've already created at AE, so I just change the text in Premiere and don't need to do anything on AE. Works fine on previously versions of Premiere.

Please, remove this bug!

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  Import  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Bin 're-sync' or 'live folders' to reflect file structure chances / additions made on the HDD

Would be incredibly useful to have 'Live folders' or have an option (on right-click or similar) to be able to 're-sync' a Bin of footage so it reflects any additions or structure changes made in the folders structure locally on the HDD.

Much the same as Lightroom's 'Synchronize folder' or 'Update folder location' option within the Library module.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Can you please add Media Watch bins?

Instead of having to manually import footage can you please add a feature which allows you to set up watch folders? Much like the watch folders in Media Encoder.

This will automatically pull in footage as its added to a specific location on a system. If we could have it with out the import progress dialogue that was be ace too.

Thanks.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Premier Pro Crashes when Windows Dialog open to import files.

When I double click the Project Bin to open a Windows Dialog to import the clips, the Premier pro crashes 60% of the times. It's very regular.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Auto-Import Watch Folder

I would love to see an optional function that would act like a watch folder for importing assets and folders (as bins). The way I see it working would be: a user designates a folder in drive storage, and as folders and assets are added to that folder, they are automatically added to the project, with the same folder/bin structure. This would save a ton of organizational time.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Merge Imported Files

Say you're doin' a bit of editing, and you've got yourself in a bit of a pickle and realise you've left a beautifully cut sequence in an older project file. You go and import the sequence from the old project and then BAM, it has imported the rushes AGAIN! WHY!

So here's my idea, when something like this happens, it would be absolutely magic if we could say select the imported rushes folder and the rushes folder that was already there (matching of course), and then right click and hit a button (something like "Merge Imported Files") and it will…

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Shot marker

Needs support for essence or shot markers from professional cameras i.e. Sony PMW-400

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Fix mp4 Importing

Summary of problem - mp4's import some okay and some with just audio only. Seemingly random as to which mp4's will work.

This is happening in the latest build of CC18 (4/18/18). It was NOT happening in the previous build of CC18.

thanks

32 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18 comments  ·  Import  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 13 14
  • Don't see your idea?

Please do not use your Adobe ID and password.

Feedback and Knowledge Base