Premiere Pro

Welcome to the Adobe Premiere Pro feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the Premiere Pro team via this UserVoice page and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Premiere Pro community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Import media as proxy

Import media as proxy file.

Often we are sent dailies/proxies (shooting 4k, dailies made at 1080p) which are used to start editing the next day. We do not receive full resolution media to up to a week or so later. It would be beneficial to be able to import the dailies as proxy media so it can mimic the 4k resolution and therefore eliminate the need to resize during the online process and attach the native source media easily.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2 comments  ·  Import  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Fix uploading / dragging video to timeline bug in Premiere

Bug: Many of us can't upload or drag video to Premiere. The audio comes in fine, but the video doesn't show up on the timeline. There are workarounds for this, but it seems to be a bug.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Import  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. sony fx series cameras lens stabilisation metadata

Could you please add support to warp stabilizer to be able to read and use sonys lens stabilisation metadata that is recorded in its video file for stabilisation.
    Current work flow is stabilise then render file out in catalyst browse then edit in premiere.
    Also have the stabilisation metadata as saveable/extractable that could be taken from the cameras internally recorded files and then applied to matched files recorded on external raw recorders etc.

25 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Import  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. DJI footage not supported by latest premiere pro version.

there are big problem for me and for other people , DJI footage not supported by latest premiere pro version in windows 11 it happen when i export the file and after it not work ever i do format two time also . ( A low-level exception occurred in: ImporterMPEG (Imported:39)
    i try with all support team two times and it doesn't work .
    and that problem it happen for my friend also but he back to win10
    so i want know if Adobe it will work better with win11
    because that is big problem for my work and i…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. video/x-matroska not supported

The free and open container format 'Matroska' (.mkv) is not supported.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Clips being replaced by other clips with same file name

Premiere Pro v22.0.0 build 169, iMac late 2019, Big Sur 11.6.1

Not sure if this should be under projects or import...but it is a file handling bug/issue.

Have multiple raw clips imported into project from network storage. Some clips have identical file names.

When opening a project and not being attached to network storage...when prompted to locate footage, after reconnecting to network storage (via secure VPN) clips with identical file names are overwritten or incorrectly linked in project.

For example. Two clips with the filename C00008.mp4 (file A and B) When locating/relinking clips. Premiere overwrites one of the files (B)…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Import  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Import Transcript

Hi...I see in Premiere Pro Beta there is a grayed-out "Import Transcript" option in the Transcript area. Is this coming soon? Would love to get that added to the Beta. The ability to use the power of Transcribe with the ability to add our own approved transcript will be a game-changer for our workflow.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Mp4 files import audio only

I updated CC to the newest version - now I can't import mp4 files (most of them from GH5, but also from stock footage). AFX and Premiere imports only Audio. mp4 from DJI are now stated as not supported file type. Media encoder also shows no Video. I can import these files to Photoshop without a problem and they open in Resolve, Avid, VLC and all other Apps you can think of. I tried to set back to prior version of AFX, premiere and Mediaencoder, but now it's the same problem there as well. I uninstalled the whole CC, run…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. H264 Mpeg-4 AVC files will not import video

Having real trouble with Premiere on a brand new Windows 10 HP Z8 workstation with a pretty high spec.

Every time I try to import an MP4 it brings it in as just an audio clip, and if I import MXF camera files from a Sony F55, it brings in a full clip but the video is black and I get "error retrieving frame" errors continuously.

Have updated from 15.4.1 to the latest version with no success. Have completely reinstalled Windows, tried different drivers, basically everything and still can't solve the problem. The files are all using the same codec…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Attach proxies automatically does not work in V22

Attach proxies automatically does not work in V22. I just upgraded now this feature does not work. It only links the one file at the top of the list. I have MEDIA START checked. This has always worked. I tested it on the older version and I am correct. So this is a bug with the new version.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. After Effects Files Not Importing

When loading projects with After Effects files already uploaded before the updates, the After Effects files will not load into the project. When I try to to link the files to the original source, Premiere freezes. And when I try to import new After Effects files into a project, Premiere freezes again.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Import  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Functionality similar to Hedge

Be able to import footage to two drives simultaneously and verify that the footage was copied without issue, and generate proxies. Could be a standalone app or built-in to Premiere Pro.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. See if already imported in Import mode

The new import mode make it easy to do a storyline in import mode but when we need to import the rest of the footage, is it possible to have a visual aid or a menu that says already imported or not imported yet.

Thanks!

JP

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. With Prelude gone, it's now very difficult to quickly copy, verify and rename clips on ingest. I'd love this to be streamlined

With Prelude gone, it's now very difficult to quickly copy, verify and rename clips on ingest. I'd love this to be streamlined in the new media importer or perhaps added to Media Encoder. I really don't think it should be that we have to create a preset for each ingest in order to achieve these simple tasks which Prelude was perfect for, especially as you have to select a destination in order to create the preset.

Prelude allowed for quick, logical progression through the ingest settings allowing you to customize each ingest as needed.
    Working in an education environment we…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. BUG in PPv2022. DNxHD MOV import is not working!

Media doesn't import. Alerts saying "Error Retrieving Frame1" (etc). This is DNxHD These are clips that worked fine in PPv14. I'm uploading a 1sec video only GFX transition with embedded alpha, for you to test. I tried both promoting a PPv14 project, and also starting a brand new PPv2022 project, and nope, it does not work, on multiple files.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Import Media should create Folder, even when only 1 is in folder

Import Media will not create folders, if they contain only 1 file.
    The files are put to the folder above ... thats NOT, what I expected.
    All files are presorted into a folder structure, for coming from cams, audio devices or other sources.
    I would like to import my complete folder struture with ALL folders, even when containing 1 file only
    Thank you
    Best Regards
    Bert

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Import video stops working after a period of time in Premiere Pro 2022. You have to close out of Premiere and reopen it to import video.

Import video stops working after a period of time in Premiere Pro 2022. You have to close out of Premiere and reopen the project to import video. And it happens over and over again.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Not importing XAVC Intra

I am editing a project for a client and I am stuck, and there is a deadline looming. My source material is XAVC Intra. When I attempt to bring in to Premiere either through the Media Browser or through File>Import, the result is an audio-only clip, no video. I also tried to bring the footage into Media Encoder and After Effects, with same results. After reading about other issues with XAVC format in Premiere, I downloaded Premiere Beta, but had simiular results. Thinking that perhaps Black Magic Desktop Video was somehow interfering, I uninstalled it but still had the same…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Not importing XAVC Intra (Work Stoppage)

I am editing a project for a client and I am stuck, and there is a deadline looming. My source material is XAVC Intra. When I attempt to bring in to Premiere either through the Media Browser or through File>Import, the result is an audio-only clip, no video. I also tried to bring the footage into Media Encoder and After Effects, with same results. After reading about other issues with XAVC format in Premiere, I downloaded Premiere Beta, but had simiular results. Thinking that perhaps Black Magic Desktop Video was somehow interfering, I uninstalled it but still had the same…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Bug - Alpha channels have a blur

Premiere v15.4.2 & After Effects 18.4.2
    When importing graphics into Premiere via Dynamic Link, all the graphics have a soft blur around them. No effects in After Effects or Premiere applied.

Also when using the Track Matte key in Premiere, the Alpha Channel has a blurred edge - Using Luminance removes the blurred edge. There's no blur on the Alpha matte

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 25 26
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base