Premiere Pro

Welcome to the Adobe Premiere Pro feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the Premiere Pro team via this UserVoice page and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Premiere Pro community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. sony fx series cameras lens stabilisation metadata

Could you please add support to warp stabilizer to be able to read and use sonys lens stabilisation metadata that is recorded in its video file for stabilisation.
    Current work flow is stabilise then render file out in catalyst browse then edit in premiere.
    Also have the stabilisation metadata as saveable/extractable that could be taken from the cameras internally recorded files and then applied to matched files recorded on external raw recorders etc.

21 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Import  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Import Media should create Folder, even when only 1 is in folder

Import Media will not create folders, if they contain only 1 file.
    The files are put to the folder above ... thats NOT, what I expected.
    All files are presorted into a folder structure, for coming from cams, audio devices or other sources.
    I would like to import my complete folder struture with ALL folders, even when containing 1 file only
    Thank you
    Best Regards
    Bert

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. キャラクターアニメーターの動作をリアルタイムで反映させてほしい

現状、キャラクターアニメーターのプロジェクトは読み込めるのですが、これはキャラクターアニメーター内で動作が記録されたものに限ります。動画を再生しながら、リアルタイムでキャラクターアニメーターを動かせることができると作業効率が格段にあがります。
    ご検討ください。

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Import  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Bug: Premiere 15.2 Import failure of Autel Evo2 Pro 4k

Autel Evo2 Pro video (4k 30p H.264) imported in 14.9 fine. In 15.2 I receive "File Import Failure" Unsupported compression type. I completely cleared my cache to try to fix it. No luck
    MediaInfo details:
    General
    Complete name : V:\28182 Las Brisas Del Mar\MAX_0170.MP4
    Format : MPEG-4
    Format profile : Base Media
    Codec ID : isom (isom/iso2/avc1/mp41)
    File size : 575 MiB
    Duration : 46 s 34 ms
    Overall bit rate mode : Variable
    Overall bit rate : 105 Mb/s
    Writing application : Lavf58.20.100

Video
    ID : 1
    Format : AVC
    Format/Info : Advanced Video Codec
    Format profile : High@L5.1

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Import  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Warn me of variable video framerate issues & audio sync issues, and let me know what I can do about it

I just spent most of a day trying different video formats, codecs, etc., and trying to get them to import.

if Premiere had give me one message that said "this variable framerate video file may not be imported correctly; try using handbrake to make it constant" would have saved me hours of wild goose chase.

better yet, fix that in premiere.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Import  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. A media manager for normal projects the same way there is for Team Projects

I wish there'd be a media manager for normal projects the same way there is for Team Projects: Each individual PC has their own filepath and remembers that. That way, if computers work off the same server but use different mounting Letters (K:/L: etc) It still find the footage rather having to relink the entire project every time.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. New Beta Import needs a "select all clips" option - clicking one at a time for import doesn't work

New Beta Import feature needs a "select all clips" option - or any easy way to import numerous clips. Clicking one at a time for import doesn't work for productivity. There isnt a way to click first clip, hold shift click last clip option either - we need more options around selecting clips if this is going to be the way forward for importing

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. mp3 and mp4 failure

Premiere Pro won't import new mp3 or mp4 files and new mp4 files are audio without video. I've followed so many tutorials and nothing I do seems to work. please help

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Newest version (15.4) introduces bug locating footage

This happens when attaching proxies, but may also happen in general when locating footage.

Right click on file in project, proxy -> attach, then 'search'. After it 'found file with matching name' previously you could just click "OK", but now the button is grayed out. You have to find the file yourself in the list and click "OK".

Attached: Screenshot - OK button is greyed out. Worked great in previous version (15.3). Please make it work like it did before, thanks.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Synching ready transcripts

Thanks for the new speech-to-text feature! I'd also really love to see the option for synching the already existing transcript (from the .txt file, for example) with the video.

Most of the time, I already have the text of what is said in the video, so using speech-to-text and correct it where needed is kind of not the most rational way of doing things. If you introduce this function, that'd be a life-changer for me, so much time would be saved.

When I tried to use "Import transcript" feature, it only allows .prtranscript files, but I have plain text.

Thank…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Have Desktop and Documents as favorites in Media Browser by default

When I do training, a lot for people save their media on the Desktop or in Documents. I often spend several minutes teaching people how to add Desktop or Documents folders as favorites.

It's very confusing to people that the Media Browser does not show folders the way that macOS or Windows do. The file browsers in both OS-es show shortcuts to Downloads, Documents and Desktop.

Why can't these favorites be there by default?

You know you can do it! The Rush team got it right, so do what they did.

37 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Import  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Issue with DNX HD appearing black

Hello,

We are on Windows 10 Entreprise.
    GC Quadro RTX 4000. Driver 460.89.
    Premiere Pro 14.9.0 build 52.

We were relinking an old 2019 premiere project today and noticed a big error : every DNXHD file appears black on screen and gives us the error frame substitution warning. We have lots of shows in DNXHD so this is a problem for us.

I tried to switch to software encoding and it didnt work. I tried to load other types of DNX HD and it didnt work. Do you have any advice for us please ? There was no issue with…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. There is a bug that changes file sizes and durations when importing

There appears to be an arbitrary factor that will resize image files and speed up audio files to the point where they are unusable. The image files and audio files don't seem to have anything in common except that they will not import correctly unless I modify the files with third party software, then import them again. The files themselves are fine as any other software can open them the way the file exists on the hard drive. I can adjust these files in premier pro, but they lose significant quality.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Please, restore the function of ripping recordings from old DV cameras. Currently, only HDV is available. Please also restore the ability to

Please, restore the function of ripping recordings from old DV cameras. Currently, only HDV is available. Please also restore the ability to play and assemble files that were once ripped in Adobe premiere. I mean old AVI files

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Moniteur source fenetre "import"

Bonjour, Dans la fenêtre "Importer" il serait interressant d'avoir un moniteur pour lire le clip sélectioné

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Keep folder hierarchy when importing media

When importing media, Premiere doesn't respect the folder hierarchy.
    For example, if you have a folder "STUDIO" with several subfolder for each camera (CamA, CamB, ...), importing the whole "STUDIO" folder will create a bin named "Cam_A" and all footage from all cameras will end up there. I have to import each camera separately if I want to keep my cameras separated which is very time consuming and frustrating especially when you know that some Adobe developer spent time writing a piece of code thinking "Who uses bins anyways?"

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. When importing AVCHD files in Mac OSX...Premiere needs create unique MTS filenames

When importing AVCHD files from different recording sessions but part of a same project when .MTS files are dragged into a timeline and multiple timelines from different recording sessions are open at the same time...audio playback from other .MTS files in other timelines occur. This most likely happens because every .MTS is labelled with a generic number 00001.MTS. It could possibly be that Adobe Premiere has the ability to catalogue and continuously keep things organized...but when it sees multiple files with the same numbering system it's not hard to imagine it getting confused even thought the clips are in separate…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Import  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

I have an AVCHD camera, that follows that naming convention; agreed, tedious.

Renaming source media files on import can cause problems with lots of formats, and is a behavior PPro avoids, whenever possible.

PPro can differentiate between files with identical names, based on their paths. But you’re right, this isn’t very obvious in the project panel (unless you’ve already set up the project panel to show paths).

Would your suggestion be to append the date/time to the project item name, associated with 00001.MTS files?

18. cannot import videos, .mov and .mp4 files only import the audio portion of the file, work arounds did not fix problem

I can't import my files. They also upload as only an audio. I have done all the troubleshooting available with the exception of installing an older version of the program. My files always import as audio only in spite of their file type, the rendering selection in project settings, where I have the files saved, etc. I would upload the files but this page crashes and I have to start over every time I try and I can't just upload the .prproj file.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. With the new beta version (15.4), the import box is lacking some key pieces that would make it more useful.

1st. Be able to select sequence setting with a drop down under create sequence.

2nd. Be able to check an entire folder vs just media. And when important a folder, keep the folder structure as it is (just like importing a folder in the old version.

3rd. Bonus. When importing clips with the same audio tracks, stack those tracks in the created sequence. Maybe make that a check box. Huge request there.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Video files will not import properly.

Imported my drone video and I can't drag and drop the video file from the imported section to the editing section. This is happening for both DJI drones and GoPro HERO8 footage. I have clients depending on getting this footage, like tonight. Please fix this problem soon.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Import  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 23 24
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base