Premiere Pro

Welcome to the Adobe Premiere Pro feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the Premiere Pro team via this UserVoice page and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Premiere Pro community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Premiere artifacting possible GPU issue?

Hello,

I've been having issues with Premiere for quite some time, that seem related to the GPU. My program monitor keeps glitching and giving me really crazy colours and artifacting. I've attached a few screenshots.

I'm using a MacBook Pro and have all my software up to date. The problem has shown in both Premiere 2020 and 2021.It also shows on both my external and built in monitor. I've reset PRAM and my SMC.

Is this a known problem?

Cheers,

Ryan

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

3 comments  ·  GPUs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Hardware Acceleration for HDR

Enable the Hardware acceleration on NVIDIA 3090 cards for HDR/High10.

Currently Adobe Premiere Pro supporting hardware accelecrtion for SDR contnet only, it's the time to add Hardware also for HDR content.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  GPUs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. PLEASE Support the AMD Radeon Pro 5500 XT graphics

Please fully support the AMD Radeon Pro 5500 XT graphics for Premiere and show some love for your Mac customers. This GPU is found in the latest 2020 iMacs - this is critical for thousands of people. Thanks!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  GPUs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Fix graphic card support and working with pictures

When I work with photos playback is horribly choppy, changing graphic cards ruins placement of pretty much every element.
    Fix premier pro! Its unstable and unreliable and honestly a pain to work with. redoing every step takes so much time atm that learning davinci resolve is actually quicker! Thinking about quitting my adobe account all together

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. GPU

Improve GPU Support.

GPU acceleration randomly disappears since updating to Premiere Pro 15 (now on 15.4.1) from 14.9. When switching to another Premiere Project GPU Acceleration sometimes is not available anymore and grayed out. Restart of Premiere makes no effect. Only restarting of the PC helps but cannot be the solution. With 14.9. everything was ok - never had a problem. NVidia Driver is updated. Adobe Suite completely uninstalled an reinstalled.

Unsing Windows 10 with the latest Update. Nvidia 1080Ti

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. GPU

GPU acceleration randomly disappears since updating to Premiere Pro 15 (now on 15.4.1) from 14.9. When switching to another Premiere Project GPU Acceleration sometimes is not available anymore and grayed out. Restart of Premiere makes no effect. Only restarting of the PC helps but cannot be the solution. With 14.9. everything was ok - never had a problem. NVidia Driver is updated. Adobe Suite completely uninstalled an reinstalled.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. GPU

GPU acceleration randomly diappears since updating to Premiere Pro 15 (now on 15.4.1) from 14.9. When switching to another Premiere Project GPU Acceleration sometimes is not available anymore and grayed out. Restart of Premiere makes no effect. Only restarting of the PC helps but cannot be the solution. With 14.9. everything was ok - never had a problem. NVidia Driver is updated. Adobe Suite completely uninstalled an reinstalled.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. GPU

GPU acceleration randomly diappears since updating to Premiere Pro 15 (now on 15.4.1) from 14.9. When switching to another Premiere Project GPU Acceleration sometimes is not available anymore and grayed out. Restart of Premiere makes no effect. Only restarting of the PC helps but cannot be the solution. With 14.9. everything was ok - never had a problem. NVidia Driver is updated. Adobe Suite completely uninstalled an reinstalled.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. GPU

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. black screen preview, from overflown RAM

so, I know many many many users have the same issue in different variations with different GPU's.
    I have computers with 2080 Ti and RTX 3090. two very capable GPU's. However they both suffer from premiere totally overloading the RAM when working with 8K footage or 4K footage with effects. once the RAM is overflown, the preview image goes black and only a computer reset is fixing it.
    this issue has gone on for YEARS. it simply must be possible to fix this behavior once and for all?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Make all effects including the basic ones support gpu acceleration

I would like to have all effects including basic ones, because i dont like a that adobe has made lost of marketing on gpu acceleration yet not all of the effects have gpu acceleration support.. particularlly the blur effets like "Bevel Edges" for example. I still think that all effects including the basic ones should take advantage of gpus

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. GPU acceleration problem

Before the premierepro ver 14.5, the hardware encoding and decoding option of the media tap is just one.
    At that time, there is no problem with exporting media. the GPU usage was over 90%.
    From the ver 14.5, the hardware encoding and decoding option are splitted.
    If I use the two options are on, premierepro expoting engine couldn't use GPU anymore while the GPU usage is over 90% when the encoding option is on and decoding option is off.

The same problem goes on at the ver 15.0.
    Anyone experienced same problem?
    I think it is a bug.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. PROBLEM WITH H.264 MP4 FROM SONY A7SIII

Some how premiere pro not using gpu when play back h.264 mp4 422 10bit from a7siii but for h.265 mp4 422 10bit is using gpu more than 50%

so i thing premiere need to use h.264 mp4 422 10bit 4k gpu same as h.265.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  GPUs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Nvidia quadro K4100M fails - fix it or we are leaving

Uses that edit on Pr can't get to use the App anymore. My Nvidia Quadro K4100M, fails to be seen.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. AMD Radeon Pro GPU Support

Hey Adobe team,

I know you guys use NVIDIA Cards a lot for your GPU optimization, but those of us on the Mac system are really feeling left out. Would be great to have GPU support for AMD as well as NVIDIA. A lot of people use Mac, so I think this would help a great deal of people.

Would love something along the equivalent of NVIDIA's CUDA support, but for AMD. Even a little love on that front would be great!

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. MacOS: Improve / FIX Multiple GPU Support in Premiere

Multiple GPUs in Premiere are technically supported, but they are not utilized properly.

Need a way to prioritize which GPU should be used "first" or a ranking method where you run an app/command and the software learns which one should be ranked first.

An iMac 27" (iMac19,1) with AMD Vega 48 dGPU and eGPU connected will utilize the eGPU when it is present.

However an AMD 5700 XT eGPU should only be a supplement since the internal Vega 48 is much better for hardware encoding on export, but it is barely utilized at all - less than 5-10% on GPU…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Add support for Amd 5000 series GPUs

The 5700 and 5700xt have been sold well. However there is still no support for in Premiere Pro and After Effects.

Same counts for the Nvidia 20 Super Series, which has no official support according to the Adobe pages.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Premiere fill my GPU memory and cause black screen preview

Premiere fill my GPU memory and cause black screen preview, i see in the task manager, sadly my GPU GTX 750 have only 2GB of RAM.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  GPUs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. 7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  GPUs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. GPU Acceleration has a bug

For unknown reasons, Premiere Pro occasionally drops CUDA GPU acceleration during edit sessions, blacking out video playback. Switching to "software only" is not a fix — just an added inconvenience. The problem can be rectified by restarting Premiere with CUDA acceleration selected. Everything is fine until the next time it happens, once or more times a day, sometimes a few days without incident, regardless of the project. When active, CUDA acceleration works perfectly. Has anyone found a real solution?

Windows 10 1909, build 18363.1198, 64-bit

Premiere Pro 14.6

AMD Ryzen Threadripper 1950X, 16 core, 64GB RAM

2 x Nvidia GTX…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8
  • Don't see your idea?