Premiere Pro

Welcome to the Adobe Premiere Pro feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the Premiere Pro team via this UserVoice page and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Premiere Pro community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Please add Adobe Encore back into the Premiere Pro Package

Many people still use Adobe Encore to author DVD's. Please add this feature back in as editors depend on it. Encore CS6 was available with through the Creative Cloud app but is now gone. There are no good alternatives to Encore.

154 votes
    Sign in Sign in with Adobe ID
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

35 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Premiere closed unexpectedly, do you want to reopen the previous project? ..No, I want to open the project I asked Premiere to open.

Because of rampant bugs in the latest updates Premiere will sometimes close out of nowhere and you lose work (and time and money). When you reopen Premiere, selecting a specific project at launch, rather than load the specified project, it asks if you want to reopen the last one. Why? Why not just open the project I selected to open? This window is a waste of time. Again, we could walk away waiting for our project to reopen only to come back and see it's not open as requested, and instead we have a window that asks if you want…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Why = to give users a choice to not open the problematic project.

If PPro didn’t provide that choice, it’d infinitely crash on launch when attempting to re-open that problematic project.

3. Don´t upgrade applications once a year - Same chaos every year

I think that the full upgrades are released to often. One .0-verison each year is too often and has proved to be a very problematic procedure each year. Pr CC 2018 was problematic when it was released fall 2017 but today it has received several patches and works fine today.

Approx three months after the last update to Pr CC 2018 it is time for the brand new full release of Pr CC 2019 and we are back to square one once again with crashes, sometimes it won´t even launch, new bugs, etc.

We don´t need a full version each…

83 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. FORMAL COMPLAINT TO ADOBE PREMIERE PRO

I'm not expecting to have my problem resolved because I know that you guys at Adobe don't care. I have been a paid user of the Creative Cloud Suite since 2016. I am a video creator that uses Premiere Pro as their primary tool to edit videos and all the other tools that Adobe has to compliment my video workflow.
    I think that the program it's a very powerful editor when it works, but I don't know why it's getting worse and worse with each upgrade, and it's just getting super frustrating. It's not a cheap subscription to have, and…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Declined  ·  0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Enable Linear Time Code (LTC) Sync - Example: Audio LTC from TentacleSync

I use TentacleSync to generate LTC on multiple cameras, recorded to audio track. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE enable Premiere Pro to read/sync from this LTC.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. keep archives of all versions

Premiere is always unstable on new releases, it is known fact, I am sorry its true, I am sure you know, I need 12.0.1 for my client but it is not available, not even an archive of it is saved, the development team removed it. How do you not have a version that can be provided when people are in my situation. i always run quite a few versions behind and benefit from stability over new features. Please archive these versions so when I ask the chat support for it they can provide it or I can find it under…

12 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Re-enable Previous Versions of Premiere Pro for Download

Please get us back previous versions of premiere pro for download, this is essential, at least until all bugs in 2018 are fixed

14 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Declined  ·  4 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Adobe Paid version with limitations like Davinci resolve's & Avid's free version

Option for a paid version.... eg: $300 or other price limited to 4096x2160 60p (supporting newer cameras) like the c200, eva1, blackmagic etc. avid & resolve have both & remove certain features like limiting the editing software to UHD 3840x2160 60p Free version on both resove & avid... A one time paid version with 4096x2160 60p with raw file support eg: c200, blackmagic.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Create a beta testing community so the rest of us don't have to drown in bugs

I'm bored of this software being absolutely riddled with bugs now.
    Why don't you start testing features before releasing them?
    You do? Test them more.
    Or create a community of beta testers who are expecting bug-ridden software, and don't charge them the monthly subscription you're charging me.

1. Greyed out search filter
      https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ZHqF-BvelpUtgLESRFh5UXdJVCubs6M6/view

2. Unclickable clips in Audio panner view
      https://drive.google.com/file/d/1tw7WRJqijAHQ5XwEXNhFxFPBhA8g6OwG/view

3. Persistent filter
      https://drive.google.com/file/d/1c_cx6tqeyqg64cLERhQjw7VddNkxMFdd/view

4. Vignette keyframe bug
      https://drive.google.com/file/d/12N3r91UgirEfE83JnUcxcCtXL3vIxqP8/view

5. Broken waveforms in source pane / timeline
      https://youtu.be/FG3DhxfocNQ

6. Crash moving 'brush position' in 'Write-on' effect
      https://drive.google.com/file/d/1unpdY3ETWfSO9T4OJeUzY9bVgHuQhbxx/view

76 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

I’m gonna close this thread as this is in many ways non-actionable feedback.

For one thing, there’s a beta testing community, and it is large and active. Which addresses the subject line.

As for the bugs listed in the comments: it’s ideal to pick one topic and add detail to it (or vote on something that’s already described like is the case for all the bugs listed here).

On a general note: I appreciate the sentiment, and there’s already a plan in motion to shift towards more investment in stability and performance.

Bugs addressed with 12.1. and 12.1.1 are listed here:
    https://helpx.adobe.com/premiere-pro/kb/fixed-issues.html

A 12.1.2 release is in the works and will address a large number of concerns raised here on user voice and on the forums.

As always, thanks for the candid feedback. Keep it coming.

Patrick

10. Downloadable Offline Update

Give us an option to download update for offline install so whenever you decided to give us your stupid buggy update we would have the option to install or uninstall that particular stupid update. We wont get scewed anymore with an offline update.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. 2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Declined  ·  1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Several Features.

• Show in Source Monitor duplicate frames of a clip in timeline

• Warp Stabilizer and Speed to work in the same clip

• Save and auto-save in background without stoping with the editing.

• Solo video tracks

• Analize Warp Stabilizer when Rendering if needed or show a warning of the need to analize.

• Add a couple of recent used transition by right clicking in the edge of a clip. Also a search box for transitions in the same contextual menu.

• FX/Transition Timeline Search Box by pressing a key (Like Ctrl+Spacebar) of by default the shortcut Shift…

57 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

While this is a long list full of good ideas, I’ll have to close this request for the reasons already mentioned by Reg: a list isn’t actionable for us, it doesn’t help us to create priorities based on what most people want the most.

As the creator of this list seems to be no longer on the platform, it’s likely that individual requests won’t be entered unless YOU, the other 74 people who voted for the list, create individual items that you care about the most.

if you feel like all of them are equally important you’re kind of setting yourself up for becoming a beta tester moving forward. I’d be happy to discuss this opportunity with you – send me a private message if that’s the case.

Thank you
    Patrick

13. Rent to Own?

I have been using Premiere since Version 2.0 and I have to say it has become a bit stagnant compared to some of its competition...For instance ..DaVinci resolve (which is free)...has been colour matching shots for a while....Offers exceptional node grading ...Face tracking with zit removal...skin cleaning etc.... Look at DaVinci and you will see why many are jumping ship

I would like to see a return to an owned version along side rental.. While rental works for many of your customers, it does not work for all and has made many move away.

Why dont you offer a rent…

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. capturing

when the new update capturing in dv is unavailable could you guys make this available so I can capture video off my vis

0 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

The underlying support for DV capture has been removed from the OS. While Premiere Pro could develop our own stand-alone replacement support for DV capture, we will instead focus our efforts on more current formats.

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base