Premiere Pro

Welcome to the Adobe Premiere Pro feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the Premiere Pro team via this UserVoice page and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Premiere Pro community forum.

How can we improve Premiere Pro?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Background Rendering

I'd like to add the ability to continue working while sequences get rendered within Premiere Pro. Rendering would remain user initiated, and NEVER occur automatically. However, once a user initiates a render, we would be able to continue working. I imagine a new Render window along with the Project, Media Browser, Effects, Info, etc., where we could see the status of all initiated renders; pause, resume and cancel them; rearrange their order, etc.

45 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

3 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. 13.1.2 Crashing + Preferences are getting Corrupted

Premiere 13.1.2 is crashing on me fairly often - always while I am editing text in a graphic created using the Essential Graphics panel. And after the crash, I am unable to restart Premiere until I trash my preferences - it just hangs while opening any project. As soon as i trash my preferences, it starts again no problem. . This is extremely annoying, as you might imagine. Never had this issue before, and we do a lot of work with text in our videos. Please stabilize this release!

I'm on a Mac Pro (late 2013) with two AMD D700…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Merged clips/replace from source

Fix the bug when trying to “replace from source, match frame” when working with merged clips.

Currently it throws the clip entirely out of sync with its merged audio and does not use the frame selected in the source. This has been a long tome issue that needs resolved.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Several bugs with captions in Premiere Pro; AME won't render captions

Captions are very difficult to work with in PP. Why can I not change the format of all captions at once? I have to click each individual caption to change the format. I also wish captions had import settings, they default to 10000fps/SD size when importing into an HD project. Media Encoder just doesn't want to render open captions even when "burn captions" is selected. Bugs wise, all kinds of problems, for example, captions are not updated to reflect new styles applied or changes to the text. Captions on different tracks not appearing when track is made visible, etc. So…

40 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Notes for folders and sequences

Add a Sticky Note type of feature folders and sequences. There's always been room to add log notes or comments to clips. But never to add the any kind of comments to folders, or especially sequences. Ofter times I create different versions of a sequence, and it would be nice to have notes about the sequences. ie., was this version the final version, why is this sequence different from from the previous version. We often give them version numbers, but re-opening a sequence days, weeks to month later, a notes or comments feature would be greatly helpful. You could even…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Bug: Timeline showing media offline that isn't actually offline

On a number of my projects, the timeline is claiming that clips are offline that aren't actually offline in the project. The clips are red and will playback and export with the "Media Offline" graphic. When I try to export the timeline, I get the "Offline media is present in this export" error message. If I right click on the "offline" clip in the timeline, the option to relink media is greyed out. Revealing the clip in project reveals the online clip in my project window. Match framing from the timeline brings up the online clip in the source monitor.…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. No file size limit for Creative Cloud

There is a limit of 5 GB per file on Creative Cloud. This is ridiculous taking into consideration that using proxy team project workflow it's very easy to surpass that limit. Please do something about it.

16 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Return to including a manual.

Return to including a manual.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. FIX YOUR MEDIA MANAGING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

IT IS USELESS WITH THE NEW UPDATE! Not only does it fail 80 percent of the time, but premiere also often auto relinks a clip after media managing to another wrong clip with a completely different name and timecode once the project is reopened.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. create easier to find Bug reporting page

trying to find anywhere on Adobe site where to report bug problems and error reporting. It is not easy to find.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Save a copy

Could the 'Save a copy' menu item remember the directory used for the last 'copy' rather than the location of the last save. The directory (and device location) I use for copies is always different to my main project file and it would be nice not to have to find the correct file location

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. CC2019 Keeps forgetting Window Layout on Open. Even Legacy Titles Window Layout Won't Stay the Same.

Every time I open Premiere Pro CC2019, My window layout is different from my normal saved layout. Also, the Legacy Title layout will not remember the last state. All tool windows are closed upon open, no matter the state when closed.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Video and Audio tracks require a unique name, Why?

At the moment it is not possible to have tracks on a timeline with exactly the same name. I would like this to be possible to make some scripts I am writing simpler.

Also... If it's not possible, there should be at least a pop-up rather saying this can't be done. At the moment Premiere accepts the name, but only on a refresh does the name revert back to what it was.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Timeline time bar disappearing!

Time marks in the sequence panel (directly above timeline) are regularly disappearing! Manual scrub to locate exact times are highly inefficient. Please fix.
    (Version 13.1.2 Build 9)

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Please fix that sometimes windows are partly off-screen.

Just please fix the off-screen bugs. In manyoccasions it has driven me crazy not being able to see or to resize or move a window because it is partly off screen. Happens often. And no, I don't want to keep going back to a preset and start rearranging again.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Proxy workflow - Audio Channels

If I modify Audio Channels for a clip in Premiere, THEN create a proxy of that clip (thru the proper channels, by right-clicking and selecting "Create Proxies", the proxy will not automatically attach to the clip. I must manually attach it. This is a really silly bug.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Chrome OS support

Chrome OS is rapidly becoming a viable development environment -- particularly considering the development of Crostini, which brings GNU/Linux desktop applications to ChromeOS in a secure, stable way.

Rather than addressing ChromeOS support via something browser-based, please consider supporting ChromeOS by way of bringing your applications to GNU/Linux.

Availability of your suite of software would make ChromeOS more appealing to a sizable group of creatives, such that I would bet that Google would be willing to discuss incentivizing the effort.

You may believe that there are not enough Chrome OS users to make the effort worth it. Likewise, you clearly…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Don't have the auto save feature run while users are searching through menus. We are stuck waiting for auto save before we can choose

Don't have the auto save feature run while users are searching through menus. We are stuck waiting for auto save before we can choose the menu item we want.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Please do not use your Adobe ID and password.

Feedback and Knowledge Base