Premiere Pro

Welcome to the Adobe Premiere Pro feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the Premiere Pro team via this UserVoice page and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Premiere Pro community forum.

How can we improve Premiere Pro?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. When saving a copy of a project add a number at the end of the filename

When saving a copy of a project (file > save as copy) add a number at the end of the filename

ex project copy_01.prproj

also, in the spanish translation the default filename is project_COPIAR, instead should say Copia

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Allow us to pre-render sequences from the project bin

It would be cool if we were able to select a number of sequences in the project bin, right click and say „render“. Or to go through the sequence meno to say not just „render from in to out“ but „render selected sequences“. So that they would all render in the background for proper playback. I‘m working on a project with dozens of little ads and it would be a blessing!

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Timecode Isn't Correct On Source Clips

Footage shot in 23.976 does not display correct timecode on import. Cross referenced in other programs as well as original xml document from camera. Modifying clip and conforming timecode to 24fps makes it close but still off by a frame or two. Other frame rates from the camera seem to display proper timecode. Rolling back and using Premiere version 12.1.2 resolves this issue and displays proper timecode. Was unable to get any clip shot at 23.976 to display correct timecode in the newest Premiere version.

Attached screenshots of timecode in Premiere project and original xml from camera.

Adobe Premiere Version…

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. A way to keep track of time spent on a project.

Anytime there’s movement in the project a clock is started. Maybe even categorized time. So you can see how much time was spent rendering, coloring, cutting. Maybe Other stats too like total footage in project. Maybe even how much footage you looked through so you could see if you missed anything.

33 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Jus put a outline element

Jus put a outline element as simple as that, for be abble to outline a png for example

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Sequence Tab order in Timeline should stay put

When opening a project in PPro, the order of the Sequence Tabs in the Timeline Window should open in the exact same order they were left. Currently, if I had, say 6 tabs open (Act 1, Act 2, Act 3, etc) and closed the project, when I reopen the project these sequences will open up out of order (Act 6, Act 3, Act 4, Act 1, etc random order). This is really annoying, because then we need to drag them back into order ourselves — which is already a buggy process sometimes, as the scaling of the dragging goes all…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Bug: Mac OS will not eject drive if Media Browser has been used.

If I use Media Browser to look for footage on an external drive, I then cannot eject that drive via Finder even if no footage has been imported. Premiere won't allow the drive to be ejected.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. damnnnnn, fix premiere!!

………………………………………...

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. transform effect bug: turns screen black

I found a bug with the transform effect. To reproduce: drag a psd file with an alpha layer onto the timeline. Uncheck 'use composition shutter angle.' Change shutter angle to anything over 0. Set scale to 0. Whenever the scale is at 0, the program monitor screen is black. When scale rises above 0 the effect works as it should.

I'm running a late 2013 imac | 3.5 GHz Intel Core i7 | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 775M 2048 MB | newest Premiere CC2019 (13.1.1)

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Can't select text

Sometimes with the type tool selected in Premiere 2019 it won't let me select text to edit it. Usually scaling the viewer window a couple times wakes it up. So example go from 50% to 100% on the window back and forth a few times. Please fix this bug!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. BUG REPORT: Markers disappear

Working in 12.1.1 I've had two instances of all my markers vanishing from timelines (different projects). One of them is a project I've been working on for 7 months and was a very long timeline with a tonne of information in the markers! Please investigate.

28 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. bug

Adobe premiere pro caption, wrong millisecond interpretation.

Hello, @24fps .srt import adobe interprets 17fps = 708 milliseconds as 16fps in the software.

The other millisecond interpretation seems to be fine. However I'd check them all just to be sure.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Set to Frame Size is inaccurate

The Set to Frame Size command is tremendously helpful in my workflow. But it's always too small by about 1%, leaving the edges of the track below showing through. Please fix!

17 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Real color management.

Real color management. Such in After Effects, or better, as DaVinci Resolve.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Support all fonts instead of making an update that causes some of your fonts to go missing!

Fonts are missing and can't be accessed after this new update. I would like to use my fonts again.

29 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Editing a PSD file imported into Premiere Pro should update the same way it does in After Effects

When you import a PSD into a Premiere Pro project and the modify the original PSD, there are certain manipulations done in Photoshop that cause Premiere to completely lose the file. Such as: deleting a layer, rasterizing a layer, converting a layer to a smart object, etc. If any of those manipulations is done on a PSD imported in Premiere, its becomes offline and it can't be relinked .Even if you point the location of the file, it doesn't recognize it and pops a "generic error" message.

On the other hand, in After Effects, you can import a PSD file,…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Memory leak when running Premiere Pro 2019?

Ok, this is a new one for me. Seems I have a memory leak in Premiere Pro (didn't even know that was a thing until I googled my problem). Happens no matter what I'm doing in Premiere, even if I'm just dropping clips into a timeline. I keep getting a message telling me I'm out of application memory (on my Mac). Turned on the activity monitor and Premiere is definitely the culprit. It's starts out at about 15gb and within a minute or two skyrockets to around 60gb before everything goes to sh*t. Have tried zapping the NVRAM/PRAM, trashing preferences,…

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. adobe clip Iphone app dont working with Adobe Premier pro cc 2019

adobe clip Iphone app dont working with Adobe Premier pro cc 2019

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Bins Appearing Off Screen

I typically edit on a daul screen setup with an iMac and LED Cinema Display. Sometimes (not always), when I open a bin, the top of the bin appears off screen or under the Mac Menu Bar. The only solution I've found is scaling my monitor size and then moving the bins before I reset the monitor size or by closing the program and deleting the workspace config file.

The thing I don't get though is it seems to happen randomly. I've tried to recreate the issue and can't, but then when I'm working, it'll randomly happen again.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Please do not use your Adobe ID and password.

Feedback and Knowledge Base