Premiere Pro

Welcome to the Adobe Premiere Pro feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the Premiere Pro team via this UserVoice page and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Premiere Pro community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. BRING BACK DV CAPTURE!!!!

PLEASE BRING BACK DV CAPTURE!!! it is a nightmare moving between apps with my footage. a lot of people still use tapes.....haters!!!!!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Projects not opening v15

Projects simply don’t open - there is just a spinning wheel, or an eternal media pending - solved by importing the project, or, bizarrely by opening an empty project first.. I know other editors have this same issue- it may be related to external monitor issues others have noted.. please FIX.. 🙏

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Storyboarding support in Premier Pro

Storyboarding is a common early stage in filmmaking. You want to quickly sketch up a story, plan out your shots, then share with the team so everyone on the project understands the vision. Pixar goes further. They start with key frames, record voices, then play out the full movie with the key frame static images. They replace stills with animation clips as they rough them out, finally replacing with the final animation clips. (They play the full movie in house every 2 weeks to keep everyone one track with the overall vision of the movie.) - (I got this from…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. In the LABEL menu. please add a circle with the color next to the name of the color. will help a lot

In the LABEL menu. please add a circle with the color next to the name of the color. will help a lot

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Premiere Pro reference frame for After Effects

Just thought of an idea while I was making huge amounts of text frames in after effects using Red Giant text generator.
    It would be handy if we could send a single frame with one click from Premiere Pro timeline to After Effects (would be in the snapshot option box I think - opens in the AE footage window) so I can reference PP in AE. While Im making text frames I need to check premiere for spelling and formatting. This could also be useful as an option to send the frame to the active timeline, or just import it…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Opening project window next to existing projects

When I open multiple new projects, the project panel is never in the same group, it's either on the wrong side of the screen or in a new group. It would be nice to have them open in the same group as the other project panels.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. v14.8, 14.9, 15.0 do not allow me to playback videos on my computer setup

I've never had an issue with Premiere like this until these last 3 versions. Have updated to each one and then had to downgrade back to 14.7 since I literally cannot playback any video - it just shows a grey box - pressing play or scrubbing on the timeline (program or source) don't work. Have tried changing playback to software only as well and doesn't change anything (which makes me think it doesn't have to do with my graphics card).

Issue is, now I can't even downgrade back to 14.7 since it's not available on Creative Cloud or their website.…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Premiere Pro 15.1 crashes on Mac OS 11.2.3

I can't open a project from yesterday and get the 'spinning pizza of death'. When I download a previous version of PP 14, it says I can't open the file because it is from a later version of PP. It would be helpful if the program let me open earlier versions of the software while bugs are being fixed and simply disable any features not in the earlier version.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. This is a complaint about customer service. It is absolutely appalling.

I have been promised more call backs than I can remember. Today I was absolutely promised a call back by Happy a manager this call back never happened timing to fit in with him as he said that 2pm in England was very early for him as he is in India. I adjusted the time and he still didn't call back. I have been promised several call backs always at times convenient to you and not to me in England because of the time difference. Several times I have been asked when is convenient and I say the time and…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Easier adding or deleting of video/audio tracks

For adding video/audio tracks it would be super helpful to have a shortcut for creating said tracks.

For deleting it would be helpful if you could just highlight the tracks you want to get rid of and press backspace for example so can delete them all at once

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Premiere needs a simple “rename media file to match clip name” function.

Premiere needs a simple “rename media file to match clip name” function. If Final Cut Pro 7 had it (and it did, and it was very useful) why on earth does Premiere Pro not have it???? This function lets you import generically named camera footage (0001.mov, etc) and then, once you are able to view and identify clips with a better non-generic and unique name (such as Scn7Tk4 or Johnb-roll_01, for example) you can rename the media files to match. This is especially important when one encounters a project in which there or multiple instances of a generically…

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Premiere and Media Encoder creating D:\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Common\LUTs on launch

A number of users on the U2U forums are having issues with Premiere or MediaEncoder creating a folder tree on their D: drive as follows ...

D:\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Common\LUTs

or

D:\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Common\LUTs\Technical

It first was noted by people with Onedrive or Dropbox, but now several others have popped in that do not have those sync apps and everytime Premiere or Me launch, the apps create the folder-tree and folders.

Delete the folders, launch Pr or Me, the folders are created again.

A bug of some kind perhaps.

R.Neil Haugen

21 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. export bug v15.0.0

When i export any clips, mp4 mov etc... Premiere will say "export successful etc..." but when you play back the exported clip it always stops about halfway through and goes silent/black.

I've now had this across 3 seperate projects working with various media so I don't think it's a media issue.

Have also tried exporting via media encoder with limited success.

All of these projects export fine in Premiere v14

Any idea whats going on?

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Add Project Bin Set-up template

I have not come across this yet, and don't believe it's an available option.

I start each project the same way with a hierarchy of bin folders to maintain organization.

01 sequences
    02 footage
    03 music
    04 Graphics
    05 dynamic links
    etc.
    I would love to be able to open a new project and automatically launch these bins every production. Can these be added as a custom project start-up. ****, I had that ability with Sony Vegas 10 years ago.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. BUG: Frame substitution recursion attempt aborting after multiple attempts on file

There is a bug in the new version of Premiere Pro version 14.8.0 (build 39).

I have mpeg files on my D:/ drive that worked fine in a Premiere project 3 weeks ago. Now when I open the project I get a bunch of errors...

Frame substitution recursion attempt aborting after multiple attempts on file D:\myfile.mpeg

I have hundreds of files that have this problem in the project. However, if I copy the file from the D: drive to the C: drive, there are no problems.

This is a big problem for me though because my C: drive does not…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. No me deja usar el programa por mas que me instale cualquier versión...

No me deja colocar el video en la barra de edición, me aparece un simbolo de prohibido. No puedo usarlo...

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Why am I getting an "Error 502 - Bad Gateway" on Help Topics?

I'm an occaisional Premier Pro user & still consider myself a relative "newbie" at it. That being said, I do NOT consider Premier Pro to be user friendly (compared to less-capable video editors I've used in the past); a lot of the processes are NOT intuitive (such as ripple delete & doing simple video transistions like cross dissolves). Lately when I've tried to look up help on these topics, I've been getting an "error 502 - Bad Gateway" message, & the only other links on the page direct me to a company trying to SELL courses (which, considering how expensive…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. bug - crashing while deleting or adding tracks

I'm getting a large amount of crashes in Premiere (latest version, Mac, Intel), usually when I'm trying to add or delete tracks.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base