Premiere Pro

Welcome to the Adobe Premiere Pro feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the Premiere Pro team via this UserVoice page and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Premiere Pro community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Merged clips/replace from source

Fix the bug when trying to “replace from source, match frame” when working with merged clips.

Currently it throws the clip entirely out of sync with its merged audio and does not use the frame selected in the source. This has been a long tome issue that needs resolved.

3 votes
    Sign in Sign in with Adobe ID
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. I saved my project and it reset me when I got back on. Horrible.

Thanks for resetting my project for no reason.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Importing individual PSD layers with transparency are corrupted within Premiere 13.1.5

I have multiple layers within a photoshop PSD file with different drawings on a transparent background. In my case, using different mouth drawings to animate within Premiere.

Upon importing the individual layers within Premiere, the files display completely corrupted. See attached screenshots.

Tried deleting the caches of Premiere and Photoshop, tried restarting, tried re-installing both programs.

Importing these individual layers within After Effects works fine, but not within Premiere. I have been using this workflow successfully for years, and only within the past few weeks has it been a problem.

I'm working on a Mac using Mojave.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Add live streaming as a feature

Can you add live streaming as a feature/option for Premiere Pro? Right now Adobe does not have any tools for live streaming video.

If Premiere pro can capture the live video, it should be able to stream it on any social media platform.

This for me would be a game changer

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. marker, bin, bpm, premiere - audition

I am a great user for a long time of the adobe products that I consider very performing. The program I use and know best is premiere, after less used after effects, and finally audition. I must note that audition beyond the integrations through the dynamic link seems a somewhat anomalous program. There are no folders in which to sort different files, there is no premiere export of clip markers that are displayed in audition, if you want to work on a part of the sequence to premiere and then another part, the chaos of files in the project audition,…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Proxy workflow - Audio Channels

If I modify Audio Channels for a clip in Premiere, THEN create a proxy of that clip (thru the proper channels, by right-clicking and selecting "Create Proxies", the proxy will not automatically attach to the clip. I must manually attach it. This is a really silly bug.

6 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Premiere Pro 13 Crashing and Corrupting Projects

I work across multiple iMac Pros, iMacs and MacBooks varying from the base models to the fully-maxed builds. Versions 13.0.2 and 13.0.3 have been the least reliable applications I've ever worked with in my 13+ years in post-production. Issues include things like the UI shifting when switching between projects (the Project window jumps around and won't reset when resetting to saved workspace); random crashes while trimming, importing media, exporting sequences, adding effects; and even timelines being screwed up by timecodes relinking incorrectly inside a Timeline. For that last issue, we've had several projects that were edited on one computer, then…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Search for keywords (and other metadata) buggy

When dealing with massive amounts of footage, the best way I know to organize is via keywords. This allows bin flexibility: a footage is no longer restricted to just one bin, and I can organize my footage via searchable tags. However, this only works if the search box works correctly, which it doesn't - the results are almost always incomplete.

Say I have 50 clips tagged "night" in the keyword metadata. If I type "night" in the search box and make a search bin, it's anyone's guess how many clips will be included. Could be 10, could be 20, but…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Dissolve After Effects and Start implementing those tools into PR

After Effects should be scrapped. It’s a losing battle that cannot even play back a single 1080p MP4 on the highest caliber of machines. At this point, with all the performance improvements that have happened in Premiere over the recent years, just kill off AE and start bringing AE features into PR. Or, give the AE team the core PR code so they can actually make some progress over there.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. see which markers are in a subclip

It would be great to be able to have an entry in the subclips metadata that lists the markers used in each specific subclip, preferable by displaying the colors. That way subclips marked with a certain color (which for example is a theme) can easily be recognized and collected, previewed or put together on the timeline

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. When you hover scrub on a thumbnail have it show in the source monitor like Resolve and Final Cut do.

When you hover scrub on a thumbnail have it show in the source monitor like Resolve and Final Cut do.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Send to AE doesn't send R3D RAW settings

If you send an R3D clip to AE it doesn't carry the raw settings for the clip in the master clip settings.

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Create the ability to change the gray background color for all products (Premiere, AE, Audition, etc...)

Give us the ability to change the background color. Gray is good, it's neutral, and soothing to your optic nerves. BUT when we are working with different apps at the same time (I usually have Premiere, AE, Photoshop, and others open at the same time) going back and forth quickly is key. When I click on the projects panel and I activate After Effects instead of Premiere it takes me a second to realize what program I'm in. I believe it if I color coded my background color then I know precisely what app I'm trying to bring to the…

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Proxies need to match new interpolated FPS of Source

At this point, if you change the FPS by interpreting a differ frame rate of the source, the proxies don’t match. You have to create a new proxy with the new frame rate.

It would be much better if the new FPS was applied to both the source AND the proxy.

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Allow modifying properties for a selection of clips

Currently, if I would like to scale, say three clips, I have to apply the scaling to each clip separately. One should be able to select multiple clips and modify properties on that selection. After Effects allows this, so why not Premiere Pro?

43 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Remove proxies

An option to remove proxies from clips. Otherwise the only choice is to delete the proxies, but then the program is constantly bugging you for them when you relaunch. I'm having an issue where I replaced proxy files with new transcodes, but the system still shows them at the wrong size in the timeline (match framing shows them as they should be). I'd love to be able to simply delete the originals and start over, but it isn't possible.

72 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Premiere freezes when reloading from RED camera RMD

When working with RED cameras Premiere will often reload the RED RMDs after altering the meta data in REDCine-X Pro without incident for a set period. After a while though it seems like the reload function ceases to work and clicking it will sometimes freeze the program. Other times clicking has no effect.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. 1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Optimize for high core count systems

You guys need to optimize your software to utilize more cpu cores.

It doesn’t make sense that a lower end cpu works better then a high end cpu.

If changes are not made.. I will cancel my membership and explore your competitor’s options.

69 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Create an online English to French glossary of the terms used in Adobe Premiere Pro

As a Frenchwoman living in France, I've installed Adobe Premiere Pro in French. However, there are loads of videos in English on the internet which are very helpful in getting to know how to use Adobe Premiere Pro. The problem is that when the video does not describe in detail where to find such and such video effect or color control, I waste quite a bit of time trying to figure out the equivalent in French. An English to French glossary of terms like "Channel mixer", "Fast Color Corrector" or "Auto White Level" would be very helpful.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base