Premiere Pro

Welcome to the Adobe Premiere Pro feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the Premiere Pro team via this UserVoice page and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Premiere Pro community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Thumbnails Project window - list view

Please make thumbnails show default in List View or make a Preference.
    I mainly work in list view. Annoying to have them turn on each time.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. improving the color page tools PrPro

I'm really looking forward to one of the next updates to redesign the color page and add tools for fine-tuning the color. I am currently working in two video editors (Pro and DaVinci). I don't insist that it be like in Da Vinci, but it would be cool. I would like to improve the toolkit for fine color adjustment (sampling). I believe that it is necessary to add color circles as a separate function for working with color with additional settings for brightness, hue, saturation, contrast, contrast softening, etc. And most importantly, I would like to see more features of…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. v.15 crashes on Windows 10

Since March 25, 2021, I have been unable to open project files in version 15 without them crashing. I was able to edit the footage fine for about an hour before I started experiencing issues. I'm lucky if I can make two movements in the project before it crashes. The program also ends up using 100% of my CPU at random intervals. Since the recent updates, all Adobe programs have ran fine with the exception of Premier.
    I am running Windows 10 with and AMD CPU and an NVIDIA GPU. I have tried updating my drivers, uninstalling and reinstalling the…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Bug - PPro 15 - viewing 4k video in source monitor not fitting to monitor window

I just updated to 15.4, though this was happening in 15.2 as well. I am editing with 4K clips in a 1080 timeline. I am scaling down each of my clips by 50%. When I double click a clip in the timeline to open in the source monitor, it shows up zoomed way in, as if it were showing the full 4k clip in a 1080 window, though the source monitor scaling is set to "Fit". If I double click to open the same clip from the project window, it shows up normally, meaning I can see the whole frame…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Pls enable Transcription to connect to Clip Timecode as opposed to Sequence TC

In the new transcription utility please allow reference to the clip TC and not just the sequence TC. I find so many services limit you to sequence timecode which starts to lose it's real usefulness for me once I'm deep into an edit on a doc feature or series. It'd be great to see it reference the particular clip - in the transcript AND transcript window... That's the real gamechanger.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Copy and paste clip markers

I've seen several similar feature requests, but not this one specifically, so I'll throw it in here. I'd like to copy clip markers from one clip and paste them to a modified version of the same clip. I'm not talking sequence-to-clip or vice versa. I'm taking clip-to-clip.

I spent a while cleaning up and straightening a challenging two-lens 360 clip and then exported to an edit-friendly format to which I added a bunch of detailed markers. I later realized the clip needed modification from the original 360 files, which meant exporting a new edit-friendly file. It would be nice to…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. display multiple frame rate timecode at once

I am cutting a tv show 23.98 footage. That must be delivered in 23.98, but be timed correctly in 29.97DF. The network is doing the conversions later, but they archive in 23.98. I would love to be able to display a different frame rate timecode in the timecode window. So I could cut in my 23.98 sequence, and know that my show is exactly 42 minutes in 29.97DF timecode.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Project save error in PP 15.0

Since the moment I upgraded to PP 15.0, every time I want to save a project I get a Project Save Error: "Could not open the project file with write access. The file may be locked or you may not have permission to write to this location. Select 'Save As' from File menu to save the project to a new location." It's clearly a PP bug since it started happening immediately after the update and I made absolutely no other changes apart from it. Using Windows 10.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Allow users to change location of Adobe folder

Every time Premiere Pro is opened, it creates a folder in Documents named Adobe, with subfolders for each application (e.g., Premiere Pro). I (as well as the many other users ranting all over the internet) would like to be able to choose a different location for this Adobe folder so it doesn't show up in Documents and mess up our file organization system. I can't tell you how annoying this is and it seems there are many many other users that agree with me. Please fix this soon. Thank you.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Project Window - Bins Bug

When a project is opened, all bins reset to being collapsed in the Project Window. I have to re-open every bin I was using, each time I close and re-open a saved Premiere project.

Premiere 15.2.0

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Swatches in premiere

Having some type of swatches like in premiere and illustrator. Or some type of favorite colors thing.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. can you make the size of the application just 1 gb or less than 1 gb and make new ui

can you make the size of the application just 1 gb or less than 1 gb and make new ui

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. (PP2019) Prores 4444XQ In - Prores LT out -> Alpha problem

Hello,

1/We work in Animation. The files arrive with the characters separated from the BG so if you just ingest the shots in PP you just see the BG Black and the characters in Color. So we go in Modify-ignore alpha channel and then our shots display fine. We switched from DNXHD+alpha channel to Prores 4444XQ lately.

2/We ned to output a Prores LT for a technical step of our process. What we are trying to achieve with the Prores LT is a file that is not too big and as accurate as possible color-wise for the skin tones to…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Bug: CMD-c crashes Premiere 14.9

The act of using CMD-c to copy clips causes a severe crash, instant. Using the menu to copy does not crash. This is selected video/audio clips from a 5 minute sequence, also "in to out" on the same sequence. This was repeated after I trashed preferences. This is out of the blue on material I've been working with for months. System is Catalina 10.15.7, MacBook Pro (16-inch, 2019), Memory 64 GB 2667 MHz DDR4, Graphics AMD Radeon Pro 5600M 8 GB
    Intel UHD Graphics 630 1536 MB

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Don't have different comps from the same After Effect project show up as duplicate frames

When I have graphics/comps from the same After Effects projects in a sequence, they will always show up with duplicate frame markers, despite being completely different comps or graphics. I know I can turn duplicate frame markers off, but I find them useful and would like if Premiere only showed duplicate frame markers when I'm reusing the same After Effects comp frames.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Refine project bin navigation

When I switch from icon to thumbnail view, the project folder navigator reverts back to the top view instead of staying in the folder view I am in. This also happens after I exit out of a search for a file, which is inconvenient because I sometimes want to look at it and adjacent ones. I can of course scroll back to that folder or area, but when a project has hundreds of files and uses over 1 TB of space, that extra searching and scrolling adds unnecessary time and loss of focus several times throughout a session of editing.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Action Panel like Photoshop in Adobe Premiere Pro

Inside Photoshop you have an excellent Actions Panel that lets you record and playback actions. Repetitive tasks, such as adding watermark on 1000 videos and doing some changes in all videos are a years-long task. But with the Actions Option, you can automate these types of tasks that would perhaps take months to complete (and be very repetitive).

I dont know why Adobe is not adding this Action feature that can save 1000's of hours. Please I request you to add it in all adobe software as you did in photoshop because there is no reason for you not doing…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. It's time for PR and AE to come to iPad

Photoshop came to iPad in 2019. With the most recent technological releases from Apple, especially in their iPad releases, I think its beyond time we received those apps. Although there are some third party apps that do a decent job, and are probably more than enough for some users, it still doesn't suffice for a large majority of us. Every year I see these new machines come out, I also have one myself, and its always a frustrating thing to see that I cant use its full potential. I'm sorry, but Rush isn't cutting it, and neither are all of…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base