Premiere Pro

Welcome to the Adobe Premiere Pro feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the Premiere Pro team via this UserVoice page and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Premiere Pro community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Please add Adobe Encore back into the Premiere Pro Package

Many people still use Adobe Encore to author DVD's. Please add this feature back in as editors depend on it. Encore CS6 was available with through the Creative Cloud app but is now gone. There are no good alternatives to Encore.

97 votes
    Sign in Sign in with Adobe ID
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

20 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. dvaaudiofilterscan

On Mac 10.14.5 with latest Premiere CC there is an app called "dvaaudiofilterscan" in the Dock that cannot be removed and also prevents from shutting down the Mac regularly, please fix this!

16 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

21 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Don´t upgrade applications once a year - Same chaos every year

I think that the full upgrades are released to often. One .0-verison each year is too often and has proved to be a very problematic procedure each year. Pr CC 2018 was problematic when it was released fall 2017 but today it has received several patches and works fine today.

Approx three months after the last update to Pr CC 2018 it is time for the brand new full release of Pr CC 2019 and we are back to square one once again with crashes, sometimes it won´t even launch, new bugs, etc.

We don´t need a full version each…

79 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. PrePro: SAVE DOWN to older versions

We should be able to save down to the last version of the software and here's why.

• RISK: installing and working only from the latest version of adobe software is very risky with all the hidden bugs that happen every major update.

• FILE SHARING: not everyone takes said risk and works to the latest update.

• FILE RECOVERY: like the situation I'm in now, I worked 20 hours on a project that only now will crash every time it's opened. I have a minute which would be long enough to save a file but is not workable.

•…

86 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. 3 Imperative things...

1) Solve the "The selection you are deleting contains clip references in one or more sequences. If you continue these clip references will also be deleted..." issue. This makes projects a mess and is a headache to deal with, make it so the clips just go offline, not removed from every timeline.

2) Multicam/Subseqeunces - We need to be able to access and choose all audio tracks just like video in one married clip. Why is there no multicam applied to the audio? This is super important.

3) Globally searchable markers. Please.

We're all paying for this software please update…

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Help users calibrate either Premiere or their screen for better color accuracy

We've noticed significant color variations between what Premiere shows in the preview and what is rendered out. This issue seems most prevalent on our newer iMac screens. Got in touch with Adobe support about it, only to be pointed to a forum post with a variety of disputed answers. The fact that there doesn't seem to be a concrete solution to this issue from Adobe is very frustrating. We are working on getting our monitors calibrated, but Having Premiere include some sort of tutorial/wizard to properly configure color or at least a warning to users about the discrepancies would be…

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Landing screen doesn't scale properly when changing monitor in a dual monitor setup

Dual monitor setup: macbook pro 15" and 34" dell.
    When I launch PrPro, it shows on my 15". I slide the landing screen over to the 34" monitor and things get displayed in the bottom left corner (see screenshot)

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. BUG: Clip disappears when being dragged

BUG: Clip disappears when being dragged

You drag a clip in the timeline and it disappears. This occurs while editing, making it impossible to slide clips accurately in place next to each other. Restarting the program fixes the issue.

Constant reliability issues keep making Premiere Pro much less than a professional solution. Irritating to no end.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Overexposed parts of video blacked out

This happened seemingly out of nowhere. I was watching back the final edit of a project when all of the overexposed portions of the video were blacked out. I have no idea what caused it or how to fix it. See attached screenshot.

For reference, I am working on a 2015 Macbook Pro on High Sierra 10.13.6. Video was shot on a Fuji X-T3 camera, 4k 24fps, 400 mbps, 4:2:0 10 bit, H.265 files. I used Apple ProRes proxies at 720p. The blacking out was not present when I started (and finished) editing. It came up during final playback, at…

17 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Ability to create Multiple Sequences from Multiple Clips

Just like After Effects, when you Create a new sequence from multiple clips, premiere should offer the option to either:
    A) Single sequence with all selected clips (current functionality)
    B) One sequence per clip (requested functionality)

11 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Bug: timecode is not accurate upon import

The way that Premiere reads timecode seems to have been broken in 13.0.0 and 13.0.1.

I have DNxHR LB clips in the MXF OP1a container that were created in DaVinci Resolve Studio 15.0.

When I import these clips into Premiere Pro 13.0.0 or 13.0.1, the timecode is being read wrong--arbitrarily about 1.5 minutes off.

The workaround I have is to go into the "Modify" menu and manually change the starting timecode of the clip back to the correct starting timecode.

This seems to be a bug that was introduced in 13.0.0 and still hasn't been fixed in 13.0.1.

I have…

47 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Three-Way Color Corrector GUI Issue

Hey Guys,
    Spotted a GUI issue with Three-Way Color Corrector.
    Saturation control ¾ hidden by Tonal Range Definition Sliders. In order to see it complete would need to disclose the Tonal Range Definition menu and then the Show Tonal Range box seems to be oddly placed.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Bug with long file names in Premiere Pro

I am running WIndows 10. Some files in my projects have a path and filename that is changed from the real name to a MS-DOS- style 8 character name, causing problems when bringing back a project from backup.

An exampele of weird file name and path making it impossible to find the file for me when manually doing Locate Media:
    I:\SKATIL~4\INGRAM~1\VIDEOH~1\VID56A~1.MP4

This is the real file path:
    I:\Ska till filmdrives - Råmaterial\Ingram Micro - San Sebastian 190920pm\Videohive\videoblocks-close-up-shot-of-rearview-or-sideview-mirror-of-convertible-or-cabriolet-red-car-reflect-sunset-sunshine-light-while-drive-in-amazing-scenery-concept-summer-vacation-holiday-and-inspirational-travel_roz.mp4

While testing I found that Premiere Pro does this change when the file path is longer that 255-260 characters.

Unfortunately the 8 character…

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Premiere fullsreen dark UI in Europe

Please have a shortcut to have Premiere fullsreen dark UI in Europe too!!! like Cmd + \ in US...

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. BUG: setValue fails in Position property

It is not possible to set the Position property of an item using ExtendScript on Premiere 2020.

Doing a getValue() returns an array, but when trying to do a setValue with an array gives an 'Illegal parameter type' error. This is not the case in Premiere 2019, where this code works perfectly:

app.project.activeSequence.videoTracks[1].clips[0].components[1].properties[0].setValue([0.5,0.5],true);

this code will throw an error in Premiere 2020 but work flawlessly in 2019. Position property is therefore completely inaccessible, as well as other properties that requiere an array.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Cannot Receive Changes in Team Project without Quit/Reopen Premiere

If a user on a Team Project goes too long without receiving changes, the "Receive Changes" arrow will then gray out. Then, when trying to Share Changes (that arrow does not gray out), Premiere will instruct the user to first Receive Changes. User then has to quit and reopen Team Project to get ability to Receive Changes back.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Default Marker Colors

allow users to change the default color of comment and clip markers

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Proxy video of vertical videos is horizontally squished

Creating proxy files of vertical video results in squished video. Hard to tell what I'm looking at.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. project manager bug - premiere 2020

In adobe premiere 2020, when I want to export project via project manager, from the source file which I have made several cuts (in & out) in the source monitor panel and drag it in bin, adobe premiere 2020 makes copy of source file as many as cuts I had made. For example, if I had cut a 1gb film into 3 parts it copies the file 3 times and the exported file size turns into 3gb. However in adobe premiere 2018, it only copies source file once and does not make several copy of it.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Frame Replacement for Decode Errors - Painfully buggy 'feature'.

Sadly still persisting in 13.1.3.

This is causing so much trouble in my post facility. Can this new feature be disabled? It clearly doesn't work properly and needs fixing. It's extremely problematic in a professional environment and needs an option to disable.

Clips will randomly show this error while editing, making it impossible to work and export a master. The exact same files may have worked properly 10 minutes earlier, and can fixed by re-opening the project or using a different computer. There is no consistency to the errors or workarounds, we just have to keep re-opening projects until it…

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 22 23
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base