Premiere Pro

Welcome to the Adobe Premiere Pro feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the Premiere Pro team via this UserVoice page and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Premiere Pro community forum.

How can we improve Premiere Pro?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Please add Adobe Encore back into the Premiere Pro Package

Many people still use Adobe Encore to author DVD's. Please add this feature back in as editors depend on it. Encore CS6 was available with through the Creative Cloud app but is now gone. There are no good alternatives to Encore.

18 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: facebook google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

4 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Don´t upgrade applications once a year - Same chaos every year

I think that the full upgrades are released to often. One .0-verison each year is too often and has proved to be a very problematic procedure each year. Pr CC 2018 was problematic when it was released fall 2017 but today it has received several patches and works fine today.

Approx three months after the last update to Pr CC 2018 it is time for the brand new full release of Pr CC 2019 and we are back to square one once again with crashes, sometimes it won´t even launch, new bugs, etc.

We don´t need a full version each…

61 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. PrePro: SAVE DOWN to older versions

We should be able to save down to the last version of the software and here's why.

• RISK: installing and working only from the latest version of adobe software is very risky with all the hidden bugs that happen every major update.

• FILE SHARING: not everyone takes said risk and works to the latest update.

• FILE RECOVERY: like the situation I'm in now, I worked 20 hours on a project that only now will crash every time it's opened. I have a minute which would be long enough to save a file but is not workable.

•…

70 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Bug: timecode is not accurate upon import

The way that Premiere reads timecode seems to have been broken in 13.0.0 and 13.0.1.

I have DNxHR LB clips in the MXF OP1a container that were created in DaVinci Resolve Studio 15.0.

When I import these clips into Premiere Pro 13.0.0 or 13.0.1, the timecode is being read wrong--arbitrarily about 1.5 minutes off.

The workaround I have is to go into the "Modify" menu and manually change the starting timecode of the clip back to the correct starting timecode.

This seems to be a bug that was introduced in 13.0.0 and still hasn't been fixed in 13.0.1.

I have…

45 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Overexposed parts of video blacked out

This happened seemingly out of nowhere. I was watching back the final edit of a project when all of the overexposed portions of the video were blacked out. I have no idea what caused it or how to fix it. See attached screenshot.

For reference, I am working on a 2015 Macbook Pro on High Sierra 10.13.6. Video was shot on a Fuji X-T3 camera, 4k 24fps, 400 mbps, 4:2:0 10 bit, H.265 files. I used Apple ProRes proxies at 720p. The blacking out was not present when I started (and finished) editing. It came up during final playback, at…

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Is there any kind of significant overhaul planned for the next version of Premiere? Because it needs one

I've been posting about some significant bugs and wishlist items (most needed one IMO is an overhauled Warp Stabilizer, but another one is more stable handling of render files) in the past week. I just finished expressing my sentiments to a fellow frustrated user about how Adobe's Creative Cloud suite COULD be the best in the industry, if only they would figure out these problems and start advancing things more, better and faster. The potential is there, but I feel like it's not being pushed forward as much as it could and should be.

So can anybody from Adobe please…

74 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

23 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi Andrew,

your comments are as thoughtful as they are timely.
    While I usually would have to close this item as it isn’t specific enough, I’m gonna leave it open so others can see this and add comments:

Please come back and vote for exactly the items that you feel need a V2, some polish, or just remove friction in areas that have grown over time. Add a new request if what you’d like to see revised isn’t discussed yet.

We’re already seeing good patterns on User Voice as to which items and areas would be good candidates for upcoming releases. You can see some of the top runners already marked as “Under Review”. And while that won’t tell you with which release exactly we’ll have things ready for you, it’s an indicator of an investment we’re making to improve features and workflows where most users express their needs.

Cheers,…

7. Better project management

We often need to collect the project for transfering or archiving purposes. When collecting - all assets will be collected in one folder which is a bit messy....it would be great if files can be collected in 2 ways:
    - following the Premiere project bin structure
    Or
    - following the folder structure on hard drive
    That would help us a lot in keeping the collected projects organized.

186 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

22 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Losing render files

Just gonna start posting about this as often as I can until it's fixed. There's many many complaints about this in the forums. If you need more details on what the problem is, just read any of them.

A professional editing program should NOT be losing render files. Please fix it.

39 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. reveal in timeline

It'd be nice to have a feature just like the 'reveal in project' and 'reveal in finder' but 'reveal in timeline'. For example if you want to modify a clip but do not want to search it in your timeline.

93 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Bug report - Timecode mismatch

Premiere Pro CC 13.0.3 Build 9. Adding the timecode effect on a timeline results in a mismatch with the timecode of the timeline and the timecode shown on the effect. I have not found a way of getting the timecode effect match with the timeline timecode. Timecode seems to stretch further off sync the further on I play on the timeline. This is a very frustrating problem and I have not experienced this with any previous version!

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Create the ability to change the gray background color for all products (Premiere, AE, Audition, etc...)

Give us the ability to change the background color. Gray is good, it's neutral, and soothing to your optic nerves. BUT when we are working with different apps at the same time (I usually have Premiere, AE, Photoshop, and others open at the same time) going back and forth quickly is key. When I click on the projects panel and I activate After Effects instead of Premiere it takes me a second to realize what program I'm in. I believe it if I color coded my background color then I know precisely what app I'm trying to bring to the…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Allow modifying properties for a selection of clips

Currently, if I would like to scale, say three clips, I have to apply the scaling to each clip separately. One should be able to select multiple clips and modify properties on that selection. After Effects allows this, so why not Premiere Pro?

43 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Optimize for high core count systems

You guys need to optimize your software to utilize more cpu cores.

It doesn’t make sense that a lower end cpu works better then a high end cpu.

If changes are not made.. I will cancel my membership and explore your competitor’s options.

69 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. BUG: Mouse disappears at random

It's not just Lumetri or captioning that causes the mouse to disappear. It seems to happen to some people and not to others. I work at a place with 12 editors and half of them are having this issue where the mouse disappears for some reason. The mouse works fine, it's still there, under Premiere, working like a charm in Finder and every other application. ADOBE, PLEASE FIX THIS!!!

Mac Pro (Late 2013)
    3.5 GHz 6-Core Intel Xeon E5
    16 GB 1866 MHz DDR3 ECC
    AMD FirePro D500 3072 MB

39 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Premiere deleted my original media files today (v13.1.0)

I've used Premiere for many years and never had this problem. Shortly after exporting an .aaf of a sequence, I noted two clips had gone offline, which was strange. These offline clips have been completely deleted from my files. Premiere did not crash. Other clips were not affected, only 2 of them. This is something I've never experienced and is totally shocking to me as a professional editor.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Application doesn't start

Why when I try to open Adobe Premiere it opens a splashscreen and an installation windows then freeze ? I can't use the application :-(
    I tried with a previous version of Premiere, same issue.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. chrome os

Please create full versions for Linux.

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Premiere Pro 13 Crashing and Corrupting Projects

I work across multiple iMac Pros, iMacs and MacBooks varying from the base models to the fully-maxed builds. Versions 13.0.2 and 13.0.3 have been the least reliable applications I've ever worked with in my 13+ years in post-production. Issues include things like the UI shifting when switching between projects (the Project window jumps around and won't reset when resetting to saved workspace); random crashes while trimming, importing media, exporting sequences, adding effects; and even timelines being screwed up by timecodes relinking incorrectly inside a Timeline. For that last issue, we've had several projects that were edited on one computer, then…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Remove proxies

An option to remove proxies from clips. Otherwise the only choice is to delete the proxies, but then the program is constantly bugging you for them when you relaunch. I'm having an issue where I replaced proxy files with new transcodes, but the system still shows them at the wrong size in the timeline (match framing shows them as they should be). I'd love to be able to simply delete the originals and start over, but it isn't possible.

52 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 18 19
  • Don't see your idea?

Please do not use your Adobe ID and password.

Feedback and Knowledge Base