Premiere Pro

Welcome to the Adobe Premiere Pro feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the Premiere Pro team via this UserVoice page and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Premiere Pro community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Support for Newtek SpeedHQ Codecs

The SpeedHQ codecs are the native formats for the Newtek Tricaster products and are frequently used. They were effectively killed in Premiere and Encoder when 32-bit support ended recently.

15 votes
    Sign in Sign in with Adobe ID
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2 comments  ·  Formats  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

The OS level support for these older codecs has been removed.

Rather than creating new support for old retired codecs, Adobe will continue to invest in supporting popular modern formats.

Premiere Pro’s SDK allows any interested party to create support for any codec they wish.

2. Allowing kineraw to be native like red raw files . Camera company kinefinity | raw codec | kineraw

Please allow us to edit kineraw natively inside adobe premiere . Right now it works inside fcpx and davinci
    . only thing stopping me from buying the kinefinity mavo Lf is it’s raw capability’s that work inside adobe premiere.

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Formats  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Our Formats team is working on other formats and priorities, and will be for some time.

The API we use for footage import is public; we’d be happy to help a third party write a Kineraw importer.

3. quicktime 7 support

I understand that you've removed Quicktime 7 support.

As someone who works in a post production house in Asia, there are several codecs (i.e. XDCAM HD422 & H.264) that would still be required in the technical specifications for deliveries to particular networks to be delivered in MOV.

This is disruptive to our processes, as we would rather keep our entire processes within Premiere but now we have to use other external software to output these.

Would it be possible to bring back the Quicktime support until you're completely sure it's obsolete in all regions of the world?

9 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Formats  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. QT on PC

So you've killed support for a bunch of QT formats on PC, and provided no way to transcode those files? You should be in the airline business with customer care like that. My company has multiple TB of files in various QT formats and you're basically asking us to use competitor's software. Challenge accepted!

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Formats  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base