Premiere Pro

Welcome to the Adobe Premiere Pro feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the Premiere Pro team via this UserVoice page and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Premiere Pro community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Support Blackmagic RAW

Please add support for Blackmagic RAW .BRAW files as soon as possible! This would be a tremendous help to our workflow! .BRAW was released today: https://www.blackmagicdesign.com/products/blackmagicursaminipro/blackmagicraw

1,410 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

532 comments  ·  Formats  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for all the feedback. It’s pretty clear that we’ve got to look into the workflow using this format more closely, there are enough reports about gaps at this point to reopen this item. I’ll post more info about next steps shortly. In the meantime, a couple of questions are easy to answer:

- The plugin is designed for Premiere Pro. It currently doesn’t provide support for After Effects.
    - It does work with AME, so if you want to use it for batch processing, that’s very doable
    - If you’ve started a project with Autokroma, there’s no easy way to transfer it to be running with the new plugin.

Patrick

2. Restore MKV Format Support

Removing MKV Format support has a negative impact on the workflow of people that work with broadcasting software like OBS. Restore MKV support. Having native support for MKVs, even if they don't edit well without generating proxies, saves me a ton of time that I'd otherwise have to spend remuxing/transcoding files.

75 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

23 comments  ·  Formats  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Support for ProRes RAW

Support for Apple's newest codec, ProRes RAW and ProRes RAW HQ

1,186 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

281 comments  ·  Formats  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Here’s an update on where we’re at with including support for ProRes RAW: we’re getting closer to the finish line.

You can expect to see it supported with one of the upcoming releases of Premiere Pro. Expect more details on this towards the end of Q4.

Cheers,
    Patrick

4. Canon XF705 (MXF) file format

Please allow Premiere Pro to accept the Canon XF705 (MXF) file format. It's H.265 HEVC. Over a month since release, with no ability to edit.

56 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

59 comments  ·  Formats  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Implement support for braw NATIVELY

Please add support for braw natively within Premiere Pro, Media Encoder and After Effects which doesn't rely on third party developers. This has been widely sought after for some time and many feel that support and updates should be implemented and exercised through Creative Cloud updates.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Formats  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Video clipping issue with various codecs

I have run into what seems like a very disturbing bug in Premiere Pro. Currently running 13.1.2 on an iMac with OS 10.14.1 and Blackmagic IO card.

I have a 1920x1080 23.976p sequence with Maximum Bit Depth and Maximum Render Quality selected.

I have camera original clips of various codecs. The problem occurs when a camera original clip has levels above 100ire.

When I put a .mp4 based clip with over 100 levels in the sequence the levels are preserved.

When I put a .mov file containing an XDCam 35 codec with over 100 levels in the sequence, the levels…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Support .XMLFCPX and .MXF files

Please support this file, my clients have been limited due to the problems in moving from FCP to Pr. I couldn't get MXF files to open or even find a way to transcode them.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. I want to rewrap AVCHD material to other formats (MOV etc.).

Recently, recording on tapes has decreased, and recording on cards has been increasing rapidly.
    In particular, it is often recorded in AVCHD.
    However, AVCHD is very cumbersome because multiple clips are stored in one file.
    I can not handle clips as single files. There are several disadvantages associated with this.

1. It is inconvenient for delivery because the clip can not be treated as a single unit

2. When migrating projects with multiple editing software such as AAF and XML, file management becomes complicated and difficult to handle.

3. It is very confusing because each card has a clip with…

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Formats  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. BRAW timecode issue

I imported some Black Magic Raw media into Premiere and it has different timecode compared to Resolve

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Support WEBM

I can encode VP9 by using 3rd party software or plugin, but we need more than 3 hours to encord 6 min video. I tried other ways.[Use CUDA, Open CL etc...]
    Google has movd into VP9, so please support it!

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Ability to batch change specific RED metadata

I'm sharing this idea from another user, Niko Pueringer (thank you, Nick!), as there's no need to rewrite this. If you do a quick Google search, you'll find that several users are in dire need of this feature...

From Nick's Post:

There are only a few things holding back Lumetri from being a perfect powerhouse for my coloring workflow, and the inability to batch change specific RED metadata changes has been my biggest challenge when coloring R3D files in Premiere.

There are a lot of situations where I need this. For example, if I want to change the gamma space…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. FFV1 Support

Hi,

I am hoping for FFV1 support in Adobe Premiere and AE. FFV1 is nationally recommended file format for long term preservation here in Finland (See more info: http://digitalpreservation.fi/files/File-Formats-1.7.0-en.pdf)

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Formats  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Hello,

Hello,
    I would like to bring in light the fact that adobe premiere pro cc 2019 does not support h.265 format and its really frustrating.
    If its possible do bring the codec in update as it does import in the 2017 version but does not In the 2019 version

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Improve Project Manager in Premiere

I would like a simple, effective way of consolidating an edited project. Quit forcing me to conform my footage to a single format!!!!.

FCP 7 had the option to simply trim and not transcode source material for a media managed backup, and this was available over 10 years ago!!!!!

Why will adobe not add this feature? I could trim the project, and not lose any quality from my source material through re-encodes! I would love to have this as a feature!!!!! PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE ADD IT ASAP!

When working on a project with multiple formats, resolutions and codecs, your Project…

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Formats  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. ProRes RAW, and replace lumetri for a better color grading option, maybe Camera Raw

ProRes RAW, and replace lumetri for a better color grading option, maybe Camera Raw

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. CinemaDNG

Premiere Pro does not properly support CinemaDNG media. For starters, not all versions can be imported, specifically the media coming from the Blackmagic Ursa cameras.

But even for the versions that can be imported, support for the format is still lacking to the point of unusability.

The Media Browser will not see all the clips at the same time. We're forced to go into every individual clip folder for import duties. This is untenable.

The RAW controls available are limited to Temp, Tint and Exposure. The controls that are possible and must be implemented are:

White Balance
    Color Space
    Gamma …

122 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12 comments  ·  Formats  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Mobile Ad Features for PPro and AE

Advertising has changed. My colleagues and I work exclusively within mobile ad formats for Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat, etc. I'd like to see sequence set ups for 1080:1920 and 1536:1920 and 1920x1920 ( 9:16 and 4:5 and 1:1 ) More importantly I'd really like to see a way to work exclusively and seamlessly with h.264 codec across Ae and PPro. We are not in cinema so we really dont' need large file size codecs with optimal resolution. Yes we can convert on export. But our world is an exclusively electronic/in the cloud world. Large projects usually need to be uploaded in…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Please replace DPX support in Premier. It's gone after 12.0.0 and we can't go back to 12.0.0

I often times receive DPX files directly from a high quality film scanner and need to convert to video for color correction, editing and creating content. Why was the support removed from Premier after 12.0.0 ? Will this ever be added back in to the newer versions? This is a HUGE issue now that I've discovered the real issue.
    Thanks,
    Tim

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Adding Nikon .nef files to supported still images

Can we please get the Nikon .nef file supported for still images? We have Canon, Panasonic, and Sony native file support but not Nikon.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 6
  • Don't see your idea?

Please do not use your Adobe ID and password.

Feedback and Knowledge Base