Premiere Pro

Welcome to the Adobe Premiere Pro feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the Premiere Pro team via this UserVoice page and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Premiere Pro community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Restore MKV Format Support

Removing MKV Format support has a negative impact on the workflow of people that work with broadcasting software like OBS. Restore MKV support. Having native support for MKVs, even if they don't edit well without generating proxies, saves me a ton of time that I'd otherwise have to spend remuxing/transcoding files.

695 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

210 comments  ·  Formats  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Bring back DV importing on Mac

Bring back DV importing on Mac

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Needs More Info  ·  4 comments  ·  Formats  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Import/Export VTT caption files

It would be useful to be able to import and export VTT caption files. More platforms seems to be using VTT in business (Microsoft Stream, Webinar Platforms etc.) and require VTT caption files to be worked with.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Formats  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. DV Capture required

Having always used Premier to capture video from my DV tapes on my mac in the past, I tried as usual today but the DV option is missing.
    After some lengthy discussion with a helpful adobe chat operative I was told to use my windows machine as DV is not supported in the mac version anymore as its now 64 bit. To me this seems like an issue with premier not mac os as it cant still import dv through third party apps, again as advised by the chat operative, but they were not able to tell me which apps…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Formats  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Bring back the DV option to Capture format options!

Can Premiere please bring back the DV option to Capture format options. Many documentarians (and even narrative filmmakers) need this DV format for archival footage.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Multi-channel audio / Canon C70 sequence mismatch causes crash

Dropping multi-channel audio clips into an incompatible sequence crashes PP -- eventually.

The issue seems to be with putting clips with multi-channel audio into a sequence that was created stereo -- that is, the "Mix" track in the sequence is stereo. I initially set the individual audio tracks to "Standard".

When dropping clips from the Canon C70 into the sequence, PP automatically creates a new track which I believe is adaptive/2-channel -- there's a little "2" in the track control panel. The sequence "Mix" track is still stereo.

All this seems OK, and all is well for a while; but…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. low framerate support

Support frame rates below 10 fps. Add custom number to the fps selection in the output menus.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Formats  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Can Adobe include into Adobe PR 2021 true theater surround DTS 5.1 for Blu-Ray!?

Hi, can Adobe include into Adobe PR 2021 true theater surround sound DTS 5.1 for Blu-ray encode, I do a lot of Blu-ray export, It's just my request! for a great upgrade!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Hello. I have a hobby on YouTube. I make two-language audiobooks. They look something like this https://youtu.be/NYIRt5WwKMg In Adobe Premie

Hello. I have a hobby on YouTube. I make two-language audiobooks. They look something like this https://youtu.be/NYIRt5WwKMg
    In Adobe Premier Pro, I create a video project Frame Size: 3860 horizontal 1615 vertical 772:323 and two “New Titles " from the menu: File - > New - > Legacy Title... with default parameters. Width: 3860 Height: 1615 TimeBase: 29.97 fps Drop-Frame Pixel Apsect Radio: (1:0)
    On the first track there will be a picture with the dimensions of the sides 3860x1615 pic
    On the second track will be located “ Title " English tex with coordinates Video Motion Position 1930 x…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. ProRes RAW ISO, white-balance and tint controls

Give ProRes Raw control over White-Balance, ISO and tint in raw controls as well as log conversion. Then it will be useable.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Premiere crash after changing timeline resolution (pls fix :( )

Whenever I try to change timeline resolution on timeline I have currently open, Premiere just stops responding. When I am working with a lot of formats in one project I casually forget that this bug happens and I sometimes lose some of my progress and its really annoying. I have the newest version of PrPro and it never happened in previous versions before.

Thanks for listening)
    Matt

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. .M2T error retrieving frames - (SOLVED) kinda

To be honest I'm a bit tired of this.
    Had issues with .M2T (rarely with .MTS). Issue started since one of the updates in summer. Basically I and my colleagues can't load ANY .M2T files anymore.
    When problem started in summer I was left alone in studio, all my colleagues went for vacation. I contacted Adobe Care, they said that they didn't find ANY problem. At this point I had no more time to deal with Adobe Care, cause of project deadlines as I was the only editor at the time.

Can't edit any old projects with .M2T files. Can't…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Formats  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Canon R5 file appear different in v15 vs v14 of Premiere Pro

I have a project that was shot on the Canon R5 (C-log3) which i moved over to v15.1 and noticed everything looks crunched in the shadows.
    Tried it on another computer with the same result. Going back to v14.9 fixes this so i think it's an issue with how premiere is reading the Canon 10bit HEVC files.

Double checked all the GPU and colour management settings are the same across both versions

When i bring the project into Reslove, it appears as i see it in v14.9 which i think is the correct image... so something going on in v15.1

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Support Blackmagic RAW

Please add support for Blackmagic RAW .BRAW files as soon as possible! This would be a tremendous help to our workflow! .BRAW was released today: https://www.blackmagicdesign.com/products/blackmagicursaminipro/blackmagicraw

1,572 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

564 comments  ·  Formats  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for all the feedback. It’s pretty clear that we’ve got to look into the workflow using this format more closely, there are enough reports about gaps at this point to reopen this item. I’ll post more info about next steps shortly. In the meantime, a couple of questions are easy to answer:

- The plugin is designed for Premiere Pro. It currently doesn’t provide support for After Effects.
    - It does work with AME, so if you want to use it for batch processing, that’s very doable
    - If you’ve started a project with Autokroma, there’s no easy way to transfer it to be running with the new plugin.

Patrick

18. Request support for LUMIX HLG

Currently, Premiere Pro cannot read LUMIX HLG, which is a mov of H264 and H265 codec, in the correct color space. So I would like to manually set the input color space, working color space, and output color space.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Screen recording on Mac bugs out Premiere Pro - 1.5 years still not fixed

Importing a screen recording from Mac creates various video errors and glitches, some visible during edit, others only after export.

It can be frames entirely green or more complex rendering bugs such as ghosting for up to a second.

The error started 1.5 years ago and has been through many updates of Premiere Pro as well as Mac OS. I see multiple people posting it and I've also seen the error come all the way through into YouTube uploads from multiple people - clearly they didn't notice until it was too late.

Only workaround is to transcode the screenrecordings to…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. I think .cine files need to have timecode settings for ingest.

Phantom Flex4K files read differently across different software, but Premiere reads it the worst. Resolve and Silverstack both interpret timecode start NOT as the trigger point, but as trigger point timecode MINUS number of frames to get the correct TC.

If Premiere could play nicer with .cine files, then timecode marks selected from files that are transcodes made from Silverstack Lab or Resolve would align perfectly with the TC displayed in Premiere.

If you see the attached screenshot, you'll notice a difference of 500 frames (00:00:20.20) between Premiere-ingested cine files (despite being offloaded with different TC settings in Silverstack) and…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 8 9
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base