Premiere Pro

Welcome to the Adobe Premiere Pro feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the Premiere Pro team via this UserVoice page and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Premiere Pro community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Restore MKV Format Support

Removing MKV Format support has a negative impact on the workflow of people that work with broadcasting software like OBS. Restore MKV support. Having native support for MKVs, even if they don't edit well without generating proxies, saves me a ton of time that I'd otherwise have to spend remuxing/transcoding files.

178 votes
    Sign in Sign in with Adobe ID
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

58 comments  ·  Formats  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Support Blackmagic RAW

Please add support for Blackmagic RAW .BRAW files as soon as possible! This would be a tremendous help to our workflow! .BRAW was released today: https://www.blackmagicdesign.com/products/blackmagicursaminipro/blackmagicraw

1,439 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

539 comments  ·  Formats  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for all the feedback. It’s pretty clear that we’ve got to look into the workflow using this format more closely, there are enough reports about gaps at this point to reopen this item. I’ll post more info about next steps shortly. In the meantime, a couple of questions are easy to answer:

- The plugin is designed for Premiere Pro. It currently doesn’t provide support for After Effects.
    - It does work with AME, so if you want to use it for batch processing, that’s very doable
    - If you’ve started a project with Autokroma, there’s no easy way to transfer it to be running with the new plugin.

Patrick

3. Support for ProRes RAW

Support for Apple's newest codec, ProRes RAW and ProRes RAW HQ

1,203 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

291 comments  ·  Formats  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Here’s an update on where we’re at with including support for ProRes RAW: we’re getting closer to the finish line.

You can expect to see it supported with one of the upcoming releases of Premiere Pro. Expect more details on this towards the end of Q4.

Cheers,
    Patrick

4. Implement support for braw NATIVELY

Please add support for braw natively within Premiere Pro, Media Encoder and After Effects which doesn't rely on third party developers. This has been widely sought after for some time and many feel that support and updates should be implemented and exercised through Creative Cloud updates.

6 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Formats  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Support for .DV footage - a MUST for Documentary Editing

I have a $150,000 feature length documentary that I can't edit now because Adobe dropped support for DV footage. I can't even use Media Encoder to convert the thousands of videos files into a format currently supported because Media Encoder doesn't recognize .DV files. This is a big issue guys. Please help.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. P2 File structure no longer work in media browser 2020!

This has some how been broken in update. Please fix this fast – it's essential to me!

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under Review  ·  2 comments  ·  Formats  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Hello, New Sigma FP camera is launched and it records in Cinema DNG Format, it would be nice if we can import these files and edit it native

Hello, New Sigma FP camera is launched and it records in Cinema DNG Format, it would be nice if we can import these files and edit it natively, as these cameras are designed for independent filmmakers , the whole idea is to get a project done with lil resources and less heads involved. would really want u to consider and get these files be able to import and edit natively.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Video clipping issue with various codecs

I have run into what seems like a very disturbing bug in Premiere Pro. Currently running 13.1.2 on an iMac with OS 10.14.1 and Blackmagic IO card.

I have a 1920x1080 23.976p sequence with Maximum Bit Depth and Maximum Render Quality selected.

I have camera original clips of various codecs. The problem occurs when a camera original clip has levels above 100ire.

When I put a .mp4 based clip with over 100 levels in the sequence the levels are preserved.

When I put a .mov file containing an XDCam 35 codec with over 100 levels in the sequence, the levels…

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Formats  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. BRAW timecode issue

I imported some Black Magic Raw media into Premiere and it has different timecode compared to Resolve

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Restore .dv file support

Please restore the use of .dv files in Premiere. The last version of Premiere that supported them was Premiere CC 2017. Since I updated to Premiere CC 2018/2019, my projects will open but all the .dv files inside a project cannot be viewed and have the "media offline" overlay on them. This has crippled a workflow I have been using for years in Premiere.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Formats  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Support .XMLFCPX and .MXF files

Please support this file, my clients have been limited due to the problems in moving from FCP to Pr. I couldn't get MXF files to open or even find a way to transcode them.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Support legacy Apple LiveType .ipr files.

Support legacy Apple LiveType .ipr files.
    Older FCP7 Projects are full of these and it would make PP even more compatible

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. FFV1 Support

Hi,

I am hoping for FFV1 support in Adobe Premiere and AE. FFV1 is nationally recommended file format for long term preservation here in Finland (See more info: http://digitalpreservation.fi/files/File-Formats-1.7.0-en.pdf)

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. I want to rewrap AVCHD material to other formats (MOV etc.).

Recently, recording on tapes has decreased, and recording on cards has been increasing rapidly.
    In particular, it is often recorded in AVCHD.
    However, AVCHD is very cumbersome because multiple clips are stored in one file.
    I can not handle clips as single files. There are several disadvantages associated with this.

1. It is inconvenient for delivery because the clip can not be treated as a single unit

2. When migrating projects with multiple editing software such as AAF and XML, file management becomes complicated and difficult to handle.

3. It is very confusing because each card has a clip with the same name…

15 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. P2

I cannot get P2 video to import into Premiere after updating to V14. Did we lose P2 support?

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Canon XF705 file support STILL BUGGY

still does not see my 4K footage, only audio track. Parent folder structure is intact. I9 processor NVIDIA GTX 2070 graphics card. All up to date.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Support WEBM

I can encode VP9 by using 3rd party software or plugin, but we need more than 3 hours to encord 6 min video. I tried other ways.[Use CUDA, Open CL etc...]
    Google has movd into VP9, so please support it!

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. VHS / MiniDV Capability

Hi there,

After a couple of sessions being assisted by your amazing support staff they advised me to write to you.

I work a lot with VHS and older formats. Because Premiere doesn't recognise the Mpeg4 formats in CC18/19 I now have to convert my VHS footage to ProRes in order to keep the sync and have playable video. This isn't too much of a hassle. However, I would plead to Adobe to please not ditch the function of capturing from tape in future versions.

Many of us who use older formats really depend on this ability to ingest our…

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Ability to batch change specific RED metadata

I'm sharing this idea from another user, Niko Pueringer (thank you, Nick!), as there's no need to rewrite this. If you do a quick Google search, you'll find that several users are in dire need of this feature...

From Nick's Post:

There are only a few things holding back Lumetri from being a perfect powerhouse for my coloring workflow, and the inability to batch change specific RED metadata changes has been my biggest challenge when coloring R3D files in Premiere.

There are a lot of situations where I need this. For example, if I want to change the gamma space…

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Improve Project Manager in Premiere

I would like a simple, effective way of consolidating an edited project. Quit forcing me to conform my footage to a single format!!!!.

FCP 7 had the option to simply trim and not transcode source material for a media managed backup, and this was available over 10 years ago!!!!!

Why will adobe not add this feature? I could trim the project, and not lose any quality from my source material through re-encodes! I would love to have this as a feature!!!!! PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE ADD IT ASAP!

When working on a project with multiple formats, resolutions and codecs, your Project…

17 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Formats  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base