Premiere Pro

Welcome to the Adobe Premiere Pro feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the Premiere Pro team via this UserVoice page and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Premiere Pro community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Restore MKV Format Support

Removing MKV Format support has a negative impact on the workflow of people that work with broadcasting software like OBS. Restore MKV support. Having native support for MKVs, even if they don't edit well without generating proxies, saves me a ton of time that I'd otherwise have to spend remuxing/transcoding files.

540 votes
    Sign in Sign in with Adobe ID
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

150 comments  ·  Formats  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Support Blackmagic RAW

Please add support for Blackmagic RAW .BRAW files as soon as possible! This would be a tremendous help to our workflow! .BRAW was released today: https://www.blackmagicdesign.com/products/blackmagicursaminipro/blackmagicraw

1,546 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

561 comments  ·  Formats  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for all the feedback. It’s pretty clear that we’ve got to look into the workflow using this format more closely, there are enough reports about gaps at this point to reopen this item. I’ll post more info about next steps shortly. In the meantime, a couple of questions are easy to answer:

- The plugin is designed for Premiere Pro. It currently doesn’t provide support for After Effects.
    - It does work with AME, so if you want to use it for batch processing, that’s very doable
    - If you’ve started a project with Autokroma, there’s no easy way to transfer it to be running with the new plugin.

Patrick

3. BUG: OBS Files are not working anymore (APP v14.3.2)

From Adobe Premiere Pro Version 14.3.2 (Build 42) on, MP4 x264 CBR Files created by OBS Software don't work anymore, which destroys my current workflow completely. The last working version is 14.3.1 (build 45).

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Formats  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. MKV Format Support

The lack of support of MKV is a real let down considering I've paid thousands of dollars to use this software.

I'd like to see support for MKV files. You don't realize the time spent that costs companies because it isn't available. Think..

9 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Formats  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. ProRes RAW ISO, white-balance and tint controls

Give ProRes Raw control over White-Balance, ISO and tint in raw controls as well as log conversion. Then it will be useable.

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Enable HDR for XAVC-L Codec

For UHD 50P HDR Production I need the smallest possible Codec to not fill-up my shared storage. With the latest Adobe Premiere 14.4 release you presented a HDR Workflow for Broadcasters.
    https://helpx.adobe.com/premiere-pro/using/hdr-workflows.html
    That's really awesome and I really appreciate. Thank's a lot.

But when UHD 50p HDR comes to a daily Business for Braodcasters it's necessary to use XAVC-L 200Mbit/s to have a balance between quality and amount of datas.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Formats  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Eliminate Re-Conforming Files

Premiere Pro constantly performs and redoes "conforming" of files each time a project is opened. The same files are redone each time.

This seems to happen most often with MP3 files.

Rather than re-doing the same work on the same files each time, Premiere should save these conforms so they can be referred to rather than redone.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Normally, each file is conformed only once, and conform files persist across sessions.

Is the media perhaps on a file server, whose clock is not synchronized to the edit system? That’s one common cause of reconforming.

8. Amazon Author page supports AVI, WMV, FLV, MOV, MPG. How can I produce the smallest video?

Amazon Author page lets you post video AVI, WMV, FLV, MOV, MPG. But only 500 MB.
    How can I get the smallest video in one of those formats?

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Support for ARRI all ARRI Formats e.g. ALEXA Mini LF and MXFApple ProRes

Support for ARRI all ARRI Formats e.g. ALEXA Mini LF and MXFApple ProRes.
    An also the metadata should be correct. ARRI Look File support is missing. Also the metadata readout from the header is not supported. Reel Names or Tape Names are also missing.

Please fix it.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Fully support .avi and .mp4 video files. If they play in VideoLan, PP should be able to read them without transcoding them using Handbrake.

Fully support .avi and .mp4 video files. If they play in VideoLan, PP should be able to read them without transcoding them using Handbrake.

7 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Formats  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Restore ALL file formats

I have seen countless posts of people requesting formats back. I would make a general inquiry to reinstate ALL previous file formats.

I get how the market works, I get how some formats might not be ideal or whatever. But as an editor, that should be OUR choice, why should Adobe decide what formats or codecs I am allowed to use? If you don't want to answer the questions in regards to older or less effective codecs and formats, just don't allow technical support for those specific items? Who thought it was a good idea to just remove them all…

6 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. 3200x1800 black border

The Arri format of 3200x1800 3.2K is shot technically at 3200x1824... other softwares, AVID and quicktime recognize this... Premiere doesn't seem to be recognizing this and I get a letterbox effect of 24 black pixels at the bottom of the frame.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. ********

your system just shut down and didnt safe my work from 10 Days so hard and your **** system

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Gamma shift problem when importing jpg and png files, bmp and psd files look fine

When importing jpg or png files, when exporting (or viewing in the monitor with color management off), there is a significant gamma shift.

In the image supplied, the top half shows what the original image looked like, with the text on the left showing the color values of each bar, and the bottom half shows what happens to the image after it's exported through Premiere (since v13), with the red text on the right showing the color values of the modified image in contrast.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. SIR PLEASE ADD DTS HDMA AND MKV PLUGIN IT IS VERY POPULAR IN 2019-2020 BECAUSE COMPARISION MANY LOW GRADE SOFTWARE PROVIDE MKV AND DTS HDMA

SIR PLEASE ADD DTS HDMA AND MKV PLUGIN IT IS VERY POPULAR IN 2019-2020 BECAUSE COMPARISION MANY LOW GRADE SOFTWARE PROVIDE MKV AND DTS HDMA

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Canon XF 705 Codec still has issues

Having consistent problems with HEVC footage recorded with the Canon XF 705. This is not related to one individual computer and has been tested on many different systems to find the same issues consistently.

Bug description:

First of all the footage is incredibly laggy, it's impossible to edit from as it just freezes up after about 1 second of playback. We've tested this on even higher spec systems and the best we can get is some semi-smooth playback at 1/4 resolution with 1080p footage. If there is a way to improve playback of this footage that would solve the problem.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Formats  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Rush needs to be compatible to Samsung Galaxy S20 series

The Samsung Galaxy S20 series has been out since March, and Premiere Rush is still not compatible. I know the pandemic still rolls on, but engineers can work from home to fix this.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Add .flv to your supported software

Add .flv to your supported software

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. ZRAW support

Please support ZRAW from Z CAMs.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Multiple Aspect Ratios in one video

Hello there!
    I would really like to be able to have multiple aspect ratios in one video, for example, the first part of my video is in 16:9 and the second in 4:3, it would be a new mode in the projects aspect ratio menu called fluid ratio or changeable ratio or something like that where the aspect raion isn't fixed but changes every time it detects different aspect ratio of the videos imported. I know some famous directors like Christopher Nolan are using this so why not make it a normal thing. It would make our life that much…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 8 9
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base