Premiere Pro

Welcome to the Adobe Premiere Pro feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the Premiere Pro team via this UserVoice page and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Premiere Pro community forum.

How can we improve Premiere Pro?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Export timeline but as individual clips

It would be great to export a full timeline from Premier but instead of one video, each video clip on the timeline is exported individually. This is an option in DaVinci Resolve and I've found it to be really useful. Having to do it manually can definitely be a pain.

162 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: facebook google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

42 comments  ·  Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. captions

Open captions have been extremely buggy in all of the most recent Premiere Pro updates for some time now. There NEEDS to be a fix to open captions not exporting consistently. In the past, I've had to nest my captions, pre-render in-to-out, and then export in Premiere, rather than Media Encoder, and it MAYBE works. This is unacceptable in the day and age when Facebook video is king, and captions are becoming a necessity for effective marketing. Premiere is making it consistently difficult to do my job efficiently and on-time.

233 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

59 comments  ·  Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. How to fix premiere pro cc 2019 crashes when exporting?

When i export clip, premiere pro always crash??

18 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

34 comments  ·  Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Adding more visible clip information when exporting video.

Must add more naming, time code, effects and treatment such as sizing and speed to exported reference movies. This is helpful data when submitting edit reference reels to color houses and audio post!

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Please allow “same as source channels” for exported videos

Please allow the user to be able to select “same as source” audio channels in the export settings of both Premiere Pro and Adobe Media Encoder. This is to allow fixing the audio channel mismatch error you might get when working with proxy workflows. The reason I am requesting this and hoping to get it upvoted is when we receive footage shot across a wide variety of cameras, i.e. Canon C300 / GoPro / Drone / Canon 5D / Other various cameras that may be using different channels other than “Stereo” or even switching the channels halfway through a shoot…

16 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Timecode Window effect error

System - Mac 16,1
    Mac OS - 10.14.2
    Premiere 13.0.2 (Build 38)
    Timecode Window effect:
    Format- SMPTE
    Timecode Source- Media
    Time display- 24

Working at 24fps (not 23.976) the "Timecode Window" effect displays incorrect timecode. This can be compensated for by adding a 1 frame offset at the start. And drifts 1 frame every 41:16 frames. Requiring one to offset the timecode window setting every 41:16 frames to keep the timecode window accurate.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Exporting Using Markers

I often work on sequences that have multiple sections of video that need to be exported individually. It would be incredibly useful to export or even batch export using my marker points that already exist rather than having to go through and mark in and out points one at a time.

The file I have attached shows a project I'm currently working on. This project has multiple courses. Each sequence contains a different course and each marker needs to be exported as separate videos.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Bug report 13.1 ProRes

Since 13.1 exporting from ProRes 422-Footage using Maximum Bit Depth results in too high brightness. (Windows)

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Speed up h264 and h265 encoding with NVENC Nvidia hardware

Nvidia has included NVENC on its GPU cards. Adobe Premiere uses Mercury engine to accelerate effects but does not utilise the power of NVENC to speed up the h264/265 encoding this encodes takes a very long time. It seems silly to have this feature there in the gpu and not take advantage of it. Times would speed up by a factor of 4 if it was used.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. ProRes 4444 XQ for Mac

Include ProRes 4444 XQ as export setting in Premiere for Mac.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. It needs to integrate with a dvd/ blue ray authoring tool like encore

Most people in my video business still want dvd and blue ray even though I offer on line hd to them. Please make a CC to produce disk like encore did.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Please let me know in PremierePro by sound at the end of rendering and export. In After Effects, when the export is completed, a sound will

Please let me know in PremierePro by sound at the end of rendering and export.
    In After Effects, when the export is completed, a sound will beep to notify the user.
    PremierePro also wants that feature. I want it at the completion of rendering and at the completion of writing.
    Because rendering and exporting can take a long time, we wait patiently for it. However, often they do not notice that they have finished. It becomes a big time loss, editing time may increase. The sound at the completion of AfterEffects is very good. It is very wonderful if it…

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. When exporting a combined audio/video file where only the audio track was changed, Premiere should not need to re-process the entire sequenc

When exporting projects, particularly very large film projects, it's very frustrating that you need to re-compress and re-process the entire sequence when just changing the audio track. In filmmaking, sounds design will often provide newer versions that need to be paired with the video. There should be an export option for this that doesn't require the entire video project to be re-processed.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Option to use proxies or source clips when exporting

I use Premiere generated proxies with a baked in Rec709 LUT for my projects. For previews it would be nice to have the option to use these proxies and not the source clips when exporting.

Yes, you can choose to add a LUT in the export dialoge, but since I'm working with different cameras and log formats this is no option for me.

73 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

32 comments  ·  Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Ability to export a multi-channel timeline correctly

I need the ability to export a DNxHD or ProRes QT file with audio channels that are mono and stereo.

Example:
    track 1 - mono (VO)
    track 2 - mono dialogue
    track 3 - stereo music
    track 4 - stereo effects

currently, when exporting a mono audio track, it exports as a stereo (same audio on both left and right) - which is dual mono.

I have been asked to send files based on the above channel assignments and am unable to do so correctly.

I need this ability so we can easily send files to facilities that will do…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Please make the framerate field in the export window for H264/5 a numerical field, not a pulldown

With it being a pulldown, one can't select/match the framerate of one's sequence if it's a non-standard framerate. For example, a sequence for 8mm and Super8 film, at 16 and 18fps respectively, cannot be exported to their native framerate, thus dropping or doubling up frames. Other formats, such as Quicktime/ProRes can export to these framerates, and other applications can export H264/5 content to these framerates, so it's not a codec limitation either. This seems to just be a GUI limitation in Premiere/AME.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Bring back multichannel H264

With the MOV H264 codec you use to be able to do multichannel exports with any number of mono tracks. Now that you got rid of that, there's no way to make lo quality proxies with multichannels. I mean you have the H264 in and MP4 but you can only export mono, stereo. or 5.1. Why can't you just let the user choose the audio configuration. I would like to have a full stereo mix and an M&E stereo mix on a proxy. The audio config options for the H264 MP4 codec are really limiting.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Audio edits are inaccurate when exporting with Media Encoder

I have extremely precise audio edits in the music track I am using. When I queue these sequences in Media Encoder, some sections of the music track source the wrong part of the source file, leading to inaccurate musical transitions. I can get around this problem by exporting within Premiere Pro, which is not ideal.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Multichannel H264

With the MOV H264 codec you use to be able to do multichannel exports with any number of mono tracks. Now that you got rid of that, there's no way to make lo quality proxies with multichannels. I mean you have the H264 in and MP4 but you can only export mono, stereo. or 5.1. Why can't you just let the user choose the audio configuration. I would like to have a full stereo mix and an M&E stereo mix on a proxy. The audio config options for the H264 MP4 codec are really limiting.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. File name Automation

For my job I am required to create lots of different files for different purposes (Youtube, Television, Instagram etc.) so a lot of time is spent renaming files based off of resolution, frame rate, and other details.

I would be nice to have a way for Premiere or AME to automatically name files for me. For instance if I type something like:

[timeline name]_[file type]_[codec]_[frames per second]_[resolution]_[version]

I would want AME or Premiere to automatically set file name to something like:

TrailerTimeline_Quicktime_ProRes422_24fps_1920x1080_v03

This would save so much time and eliminate any potential errors with file names.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 14 15
  • Don't see your idea?

Please do not use your Adobe ID and password.

Feedback and Knowledge Base