Premiere Pro

Welcome to the Adobe Premiere Pro feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the Premiere Pro team via this UserVoice page and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Premiere Pro community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. enable custom frame rate on export in premiere pro 2020

Please enable 'custom' frame rate option on export settings,
    so that users who are editing for example source footage
    coming from 8mm or 16mm based on frame rates like 16fps or 18fps,
    can export them to such frame rates or other.
    you can check the thread here:
    https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro/export-18fps-sequence/td-p/10486209?page=1

7 votes
    Sign in Sign in with Adobe ID
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

7 comments  ·  Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. BUG: Premiere 14.3.1 - Selecting Level 5.2 in h.264 MP4 export leads to strange settings

File/Export/H.264

Selecting Level 5.2, (needed for 2160p60), in Encoding Settings means that Hardware Encoding changes to Software Encoding. Reselecting Hardware Encoding results in a message saying that "Your system doesn't support hardware acceleration". However this doesn't happen in any other level, including 6.0 and above.

What I've also noticed is that in all other Levels, under "Bitrate encoding: VBR, 1 pass" you only have a Target Bitrate, but with 5.2 selected you also have a Maximum Bitrate option, which is what you'd normally only get with "VBR, 2 pass". So it looks like with Level 5.2 selected Premiere gives you…

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Chapter Markers when Exporting to YouTube

Camtasia has a very nice feature when exporting and publishing directly to YouTube that automatically puts chapter markers into the description, which YouTube reads and renders as in-video chapter markers. I expected PremierPro to do so same since it has an option to publish directly to YouTube. I was disappointed when it didn't do that, because now I have to go back in and manually add the chapter markers.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. h.264 hangs in export media

I upgraded the latest version of Premiere Pro on May 20, 2020 and now when I export media and select H.264 the program goes into "Not Responding" mode immediately after selecting H.264 . I reverted to 14.04 this morning and am able to export a sequence to H.264 again.

I'm happy to try and send logs if you can tell me how to do that.

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Exporting issue

Updated Premiere Pro to 14.2.0 (Build 47).
    Trying to open Export Media dialogue (by menu or Ctrl +M) causes program to give 'Not Responding' message.

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Export crashing

I updated Premiere Pro to the latest version two days ago, and everytime I try to press export or Ctrl + M premiere doesn´t show the export window and crashes. I´ve tried it multiple times and nothing, i tried as well in Media Encoder and it crashes as well. Please fix this!

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Premiere crashes on export

I have a simple 20min sequence with just a couple of effects. After adding one picture to an otherwise finished sequence i can not export it anymore.

If i do ctrl+M or File-Export the whole program freezes black and stops responding. I've restarted my computer, closed all other programs and i am still getting this error.

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. "Show in folder" button when finish export.

One thing I would like to see in Premiere Pro is when you finish exporting a video, to see the original file in File Explorer when finished. I think this is very helpful to me because I have to search the file by myself to upload it to a video website.

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Allow HDR 10 to be exported using Hardware Encoding instead of Software Encoding

HDR content takes forever to export using Software Encoding which takes 2 hours to export a 1 Minute HDR Clip. I believe Hardware Encoding could help reduce the export times a significant amount.

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Export pathway savrd to the project file

I would like each premiere project to export to its 'original' export location. I work on multiple projects at time with multiple exports. If I start project A - export, then move on and open up project b - export, then go back to A - it will export to B's location. I would like the export pathway saved in each premiere file. If pathway is unavailable just make them pick a new one.

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Premiere Pro send to Media Encoder option

Please put a separate option in Premiere - Send to Adobe Media Encoder, that exhibits the same behaviour as After Effects.
    The main purpose is to output to default folder under the master project like After Effects does (AME), rather than relying on some preset folder in Media encoder or the last output folder you used in Premiere Pro. This keeps things organised without user input and keeps all the assets for a project under one master project directory or folder which is how Adobe are now advocating we work. Prepare the master structure first on your hard drive then…

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Project Manager Blackmagic

It would be great if you could add support for Blackmagic clips in the project manager. Every time exporting a project with these clips an error message is received.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. exporting issue

I cant export my edited video. The media encoder always not responding everytime I do it.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Audio out of sync when exporting

When exporting projects, audio is off by about a half frame. Playback in timeline is perfect, but when exported audio is out of sync. Very frustrating problem. Have tried many ways of troubleshooting with no solution.

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. HEVC Out of Memory Failed To Create Encoder Premiere 2020

When exporting in both premiere and media encoder 2020, HEVC H265 exports fail, while they work perfectly in 2019.
    Error received:
    export error
    error compiling movie
    out of memory
    failed to create encoder
    select: 9
    error code: 7

system specs:
    AMD 2700
    32 GB ram
    GTX 1060 3GB
    1TB SSD
    updated from 2019 through creative cloud app

Error occurs whether or not CUDA is selected in media encoder.
    Exporting in premiere or media encoder, lead to same error.
    H264 encoding is fine.

Tried uninstalling and re-installing.

10 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. BUG: h.265 "match source" preset changes frame interpolation to "blend"

Just what it says. Most other "match source" presets (including h264) keep frame interpolation set to "sample" but h265 changes it to blend, which can result in seriously messed up looking footage if you have mixed frame rates or speed changes.

If this isn't a bug, it's a terrible idea

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Fix the bug in CC 2020 with the WebM plugin support for Alpha channel.

I have been using your plugin with several levels of Premiere Pro from some time. After upgrading to cc 2020 version, I lost the option to include alpha channel. When I tried to run on the earlier versions (which were still installed) the include alpha check box was on the export menu without the text describing what it was. I check the box, did the export, but there was no alpha channel on the resulting file.

https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro/no-more-quot-include-alpha-channel-quot-on-quot-webm-quot-with-media-encoder-20/m-p/11051309?page=1#M263427

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Premiere Pro CC 2020 Bug Report: Cannot Export H.265 from Premiere

There's a very strange bug in Premiere Pro CC 2020 where I cannot export any video using the H.265 (HEVC) video codec in the Export Settings since it always generates an error message saying "Error Compiling Movie, Out of Memory, Exporter Selector 9, Error code: 7." Now when I export my video using the Media Encoder app in encodes and exports it perfectly, but in Premiere Pro CC 2020 apparently there's a bug in the code for H.265 where it won't export it. Definitely needs to be fixed in the next update ASAP because some people have been experiencing this…

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. 14.2 h.264 bug

I think I've figured out the problem with the latest 14.2 export issue. Nothing on my system has changed except for the 14.2 update. When I select export within Premiere, the dialog box would not open or it would open but freeze Premiere if I select h.264 or h.265. After reading more about the latest update, it appears that this new version uses hardware acceleration on NVIDIA or AMD processors when encoding. Prior to this, Premiere used Intel QuickSync when encoding, which it what it was doing on my system. The new update switched to my NVIDIA to do the…

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Please add an option to transcode media for XML for sending sequences to other programs

Premiere has an XML export function that is handy when doing things like sending a sequence from Premiere to DaVinci Resolve for grading and back again.

However sometimes there are reasons why one might want media from the selected timeline to be transcoded first and for those transcodes to be the media on which one performs the grade or whatever other operations you might do in 3rd party software. A consolidate and/or transcode function along with the existing XML export would be good.

This is sort of almost possible with the AAF export and the video mixdown function but inexplicably…

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 22 23
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base