Premiere Pro

Welcome to the Adobe Premiere Pro feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the Premiere Pro team via this UserVoice page and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Premiere Pro community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Bring back multichannel H264

With the MOV H264 codec you use to be able to do multichannel exports with any number of mono tracks. Now that you got rid of that, there's no way to make lo quality proxies with multichannels. I mean you have the H264 in and MP4 but you can only export mono, stereo. or 5.1. Why can't you just let the user choose the audio configuration. I would like to have a full stereo mix and an M&E stereo mix on a proxy. The audio config options for the H264 MP4 codec are really limiting.

28 votes
    Sign in Sign in with Adobe ID
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

4 comments  ·  Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Bug PrPro 2020: Export "Using Previews" not working

I have a timeline with several AE comps that I have rendered to the green status in GoPro 10bit

When I try to export an h.264 with the 'Use Previews' option the previews are ignored and AE is run in the background slowing down the export to a crawl, even thought I spent a lot of time rendering previews already. This is a straight export out of Premiere, not an AME export. This is a very typical workflow for a lot of projects and it's very frustrating that it's broken again.

Steps:

1. Create project with several Dynamic links in a…
    5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. HEVC Out of Memory Failed To Create Encoder Premiere 2020

When exporting in both premiere and media encoder 2020, HEVC H265 exports fail, while they work perfectly in 2019.
    Error received:
    export error
    error compiling movie
    out of memory
    failed to create encoder
    select: 9
    error code: 7

system specs:
    AMD 2700
    32 GB ram
    GTX 1060 3GB
    1TB SSD
    updated from 2019 through creative cloud app

Error occurs whether or not CUDA is selected in media encoder.
    Exporting in premiere or media encoder, lead to same error.
    H264 encoding is fine.

Tried uninstalling and re-installing.

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Please fix audio rendering

Even if I just want to render a few minutes from a long timeline Premiere needs to render every audio in the timesline - before exporting just this small clip. For example, I have a concert of 2 hours in the timeline and want to export just one song, Premiere needs hours just to render the audio before export this small clip. Why isn't Premiere just rendering the audio needed in the parts which are going to be exported?

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Have option to use proxies for faster export

Would save a lot of export time to have a "Use Proxies" option when exporting, rather than using original media. I am currently working with 8K R3D files and my export for a 10 minute clip takes almost 2 hours for a 1080 work in progress cut. Would much prefer a lower res output using proxies to save time.

9 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Premiere Pro 2020 really slow on Mac since update

Hi!

I've been using Premiere for years now at work and in my free time. It was always great to work with, but since the 2020 update I have a big issue.

Whenever I start rendering a video in Premiere (doesn't matter how big or in which format), my Macbook Pro starts running very slow when I want to browse, Photoshop or anything else.

This wasn't the case with any other Premiere version I've had. You can find the specs of my Macbook Pro in attachment.

What can I do? It's a real bummer, since everything worked fine before.

Thanks! …

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. BUG: lost frames when exporting RED RAW footage.

When exporting a video edited with RED RAW footage, sometimes I notice a 'lost frame' in the exported video (black frame). It could be anywhere in the video... sometimes it's there, sometimes it's not. Really frustrating.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Exporting Using Markers

I often work on sequences that have multiple sections of video that need to be exported individually. It would be incredibly useful to export or even batch export using my marker points that already exist rather than having to go through and mark in and out points one at a time.

The file I have attached shows a project I'm currently working on. This project has multiple courses. Each sequence contains a different course and each marker needs to be exported as separate videos.

10 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Overwriting files when exporting

This is a very simple issue, but one that catches me out every now and then. If I'm exporting a sequence and want to overwrite an existing video file, the Premiere workflow seems wrong. I hit export, it prepares the audio etc., and then it asks if I want to overwrite the file before encoding it.

Quite often, I've gone to make a cup of tea or whatever after hitting export, and while the audio progress bars are going. Then I come back and see the "Do you want to overwrite the file?" message. So the whole time I think…

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Option: Estimated File Size available for ProRes file while export.

Please make an option "Estimated File Size" available for ProRes file while export.

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Export timeline but as individual clips

It would be great to export a full timeline from Premier but instead of one video, each video clip on the timeline is exported individually. This is an option in DaVinci Resolve and I've found it to be really useful. Having to do it manually can definitely be a pain.

213 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

56 comments  ·  Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. How to fix premiere pro cc 2019 crashes when exporting?

When i export clip, premiere pro always crash??

28 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

57 comments  ·  Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Allow the user to set "EXPORT" as the default option in the Export Window, instead of "QUEUE".

Allow users to set EXPORT as the default option in the export window, so when you hit ENTER after preparing export settings, your video will export.
    It's cumbersome and impractical having QUEUE as the default setting.
    The majority of exports from Premiere are done directly, rather than through Media Encoder, so it only makes sense that EXPORT is the default option.

9 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. export multiple sequences easily

It would be great if you could export multiple sequences without having to select them all in the project window. An "export sequences" option whereby you can check all the sequences you wish to export and then have them sent to Media Encoder.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Highlight Name Only when Exporting

In previous versions when exporting media, when clicking to name the render file from export it would ONLY highlight the name and NOT the extension of the file. This made versioning much simpler to type in. Now it highlights the name AND extension of the filename requiring extra arrow keystrokes to only change the file name and not the extension. Please change this back to ONLY highlighting the filename.
    Thank you.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Adding more visible clip information when exporting video.

Must add more naming, time code, effects and treatment such as sizing and speed to exported reference movies. This is helpful data when submitting edit reference reels to color houses and audio post!

12 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. xml export with TRACK SELECTION

XML options that allow a user to either select a particular Track/s from a timeline or entire content.

Much like how you can export a EDL with track selection options.
    It would save time creating a new timeline and removing unwanted clips then exporting a XML thereafter.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. ProRes 4444 XQ for Mac

Include ProRes 4444 XQ as export setting in Premiere for Mac.

10 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Exports look way different than what we see in Premiere

Please find a way to have exports look the same as what we see in Premiere. Every time i export something it is way less saturated and contrasted than in Premiere (exporting in any format).
    This means I have to re-export multiple times and guess my way to what I want it to look like by compensating for this.
    This is such a HUGE issue, I cant believe it exists in a program that costs so much. PLEEEEEEEEASE fix this

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Support for ProRes 4444XQ

Support for ProRes 4444XQ export settings, this is essential for and available in Final cut and Davinci. What is the pipeline for feature films without ProRes4444XQ ?

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 18 19
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base