Premiere Pro

Welcome to the Adobe Premiere Pro feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the Premiere Pro team via this UserVoice page and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Premiere Pro community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. ADD UNDERLINE OPTION TO ESSENTIAL GRAPHICS

Underlining text is one of the most basic tools and clients request this ALL THE TIME (I do video editing for research reports) – how is this still not an option????????

78 votes
    Sign in Sign in with Adobe ID
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

29 comments  ·  Essential Graphics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Allow multiple Mogrt files to be installed at once not just individually inside Premiere

Allow multiple Mogrt files to be installed at once not individually inside Premiere. Currently copying a mogrt folder with multiple files to the 'Essential Graphics' folder does not work. It's a tedious job to install 400 mogrt files individually in the Essential Graphics tab in Premiere.

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Completed  ·  2 comments  ·  Essential Graphics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Import multiple .mogrts, add a group of .mogrts to a library instead of one by one

1. Can only import one .mogrt at a time. I just bought a pack from Motion Array with 17 type templates, and had to import one at a time

2. Once they were all imported into my overly cluttered EG panel (without the folders or list view it used to have), I tried grouping all the added templates and doing right click > add to library. Didn't work! Can only do one at a time.

25 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Completed  ·  6 comments  ·  Essential Graphics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Replace Motion Graphics Template in Timeline

Say you created a template for a Lower Third and put in all text and data necessary. But your client does not like the layout. It would be handy to create another template and replace the old templates in your PR timeline. And your text stays the same!
    (Just like you could in FCP7 with Motion3...)

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Completed  ·  1 comment  ·  Essential Graphics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Essential Graphics Stroke Bug

Stoke in Thai Font is very spiky
    But if i put Stoke in Legacy Title there is no Spiky like Essential Graphics
    and the Stoke is very smooth
    In Essential Graphics stroke is very Sharp

Sorry for Bad english
    Thanks!

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Essential Graphics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Support for Subscript & Superscript in Essential Graphics

Adding a Copyright or TM symbol in a .mogrt file results in the character being the same size as the rest of the text when it should be smaller and superscript.

The lack of this feature is prohibitive for commercial work that includes trademark or copyrighted titles/graphics.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Completed  ·  3 comments  ·  Essential Graphics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Add Justify to MOGRT text options

Please add L/R/C justify options to MOGRT text controls.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Completed  ·  0 comments  ·  Essential Graphics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Title Backgrounds

Currently, there is no good method to include an automatic background (aka highlight) when using titles in a way that allows for easy adjustability.

One is forced to manually draw rectangles every time he wants to achieve a title with a background to it, or use an impoverished option like Open Captions where one is subject to the rigid attributes of the black bars he is presented with.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Essential Graphics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Fix source text bug when keyframing text

I'm trying to create a typewriter effect using the type tool with source text to keyframe each character. However, when I add a new keyframe, the text starts writing backwards.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Completed  ·  3 comments  ·  Essential Graphics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Add a function that enables to change style (font, colour, etc) of multiple titles in just one place

...instead of getting into each title and change it's properties, and then move to the other title and change it's properties, and then move to the other title...

Thanks!

7 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Completed  ·  1 comment  ·  Essential Graphics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Text wrapping on type tool and proper font size option

When using the type tool, I find it hard to use and get different layers of text to match. I would like to see it more like a text box in MS Powerpoint where you would have a certain width text box and the text wraps to stay in the text box with that width and based on font size (in points) so I could have for example 12 point.

Currently, it does not wrap text and will size according to the size of the text box, regardless of the font size set.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Please can you add a function to titles that allows you to add a box background to your text that automatically expands or contracts to outl

Please can you add a function to titles that allows you to add a box background to your text that automatically expands or contracts to outline the text. It should wrap with the text if you hit return to create an extra line. The opacity and colour of the box should be adjustable. This will allow really professional looking subtitles. At the moment, the only way to do this is to create a separate graphic box and manually move it and resize it every time to fit around the text which is extremely time consuming. Many thanks.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Completed  ·  2 comments  ·  Essential Graphics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Character/type controls in Premiere.

Please add more character/type controls to Premiere like we have in all other Adobe apps. Like Bold, Underline and Italic.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Bug when attempting to edit Essential Graphics elements attached to a clip

-----DESCRIPTION-----
    Attempting to modify/edit an Essential Graphics (hereafter abbreviated EG) element attached to a clip of any sort from the Effect Controls panel(!) causes a serious bug.
    This bug didn’t affect the 2017 version of Premiere Pro and was introduced with the 2018 update.
    To demonstrate this, I’ve included a link to the same project for both 2017 and 2018 versions of Premiere Pro:
    https://goo.gl/vx5YSy

-----AFFECTED ITEM TYPES-----
    Basically any item type that can have EG elements attached to it is affected. These are:
    * Footage (video, vector/raster images)
    * Sequences
    * Solids (Adjustment Layer, Black Video, Color Matte, Transparent…

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Arthurs, thank you for posting those test projects up front. That is very helpful and saves us both time.

Arthur and I have been able to get to the bottom of this. There was an unintentional piece of workflow that was allowing this to happen. That will be fixed, so there should be no way to paste Graphics Layers into non-Graphics items. There are other ways to keep media, shapes, and text together inside a single trimmable item. Arthur and I have discussed some of those ways. If others are wanting to do what Arthur has been doing, please add a new post explaining what your intended workflow is and we will help you find a way to work with the feature set as designed.

I’m closing this request as Completed now because the root problem is known and slated to be be fixed as soon as possible.

15. Selecting a graphic in the timeline should open the edit properties for the graphic within the EG Panel

When I click a graphic in the timeline, I then need to also select it in the Essential Graphics Panel to access its properties. It would be much better if the properties were open automatically, since I might need to change multiple graphics it would save a lot of mousing

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. font for MOGRT

Please allow us to change font for the MOGRT That come from AE

37 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Essential Graphics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

This feature is now officially available.

You can author a new segment in any MOGRT that can allow for changing font characteristics. Note that this requires exisitng MOGRTs to be updated with this functionality if it’s desired, and that it can be turned off in AE if you’d like to make sure the user of a MOGRT in Premiere Pro stays on brand.

Here’s an overview of what’s new with the latest version of Premiere Pro:
    https://www.adobe.com/uk/products/premiere/features.html

Thanks for your feedback – keep it coming!

Cheers,
    Patrick

17. Easier editing of captions in Essential Graphics

Easier editing of captions in Essential Graphics

There is currently no way of changing the font of multiple graphics together at once, I hope to see an update to support certain attributes in Essential Graphics to be copied and pasted over.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. All Caps and Small Caps to Titler

The legacy titler allowed all caps and small caps. Please put this feature in the new version of the titler. Also, can you add the alignment features to Effects Control as opposed to forcing us to go to Essential Graphics every time we want to center text?

6 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Faux Styles, including All Caps and Small Caps, were added to Pr 12.0.1 and are available in the latest release as well (Pr 12.1).

Alignment controls are not animatable things and they don’t have adjustable params (like effects) so they probably don’t belong in the ECP. But they can be accessed from the EGP, the Graphics menu or by using a keyboard shortcut assign by user. To assign a KBS, open the KBS dialog and find Application > Graphics > Align

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base