Premiere Pro

Welcome to the Adobe Premiere Pro feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the Premiere Pro team via this UserVoice page and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Premiere Pro community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Enhancement of essential graphics text tools

We want to be able to add gradients, scene features, and apply multiple shadows to text (as with legacy titles).

It is inevitable that legacy titles will disappear someday.
    However, we want at least the features equivalent to legacy titles to be included in Essential Graphics.
    For that purpose, I want to be able to add a gradient scene function and apply multiple shadows.
    The Essential Graphics text tool has evolved significantly with the April 2019 update. Especially in Japan, joy was raised. Later, if you evolve a little more, it will create great value in the Japanese video production…

171 votes
    Sign in Sign in with Adobe ID
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

26 comments  ·  Essential Graphics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Make Render & Replace (with alpha) work for common SoMe frame sizes

The Render & Replace feature in Premiere Pro is great, especially for complex MOGRTs that will not play smoothly. It's much better than rendering the sequence, since we can still move the clip around without re-rendering. It's fantastic!

But the only option for MOGRTs that are not full screen (and most are not) and need an Alpha channel is GoPro Cineform. That's a very good codec, but it has some limitations that makes it unsuitable for non-broadcast frame sizes: The frame width must be evenly divisible by 16 and the frame height by 8. Adobe knows this: https://helpx.adobe.com/premiere-pro/using/gopro-cineform-codec.html#TipstoworkwiththeGoProCineFormcodecbr

This means…

23 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Essential Graphics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. 14.0.1 - problem MOGRT - importMGTFromLibrary(), text doesn't refresh

Since version 14.0.1 of Premiere Pro I have a problem with MOGRT (Essential Graphics).

I use a script to import the MOGRT: function importMGTFromLibrary () and modify the content of the parameters.

Since the last version, the script still works, it imports and changes the parameters (texts, colors), but the Premiere Pro preview brings up the default parameters of the MOGRT.
    The only way to bring up the right parameters is to go to the Edit tab of the Essential Graphics window and touch up the parameters.

Opening old files created with this script poses the same problem ....

7 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under Review  ·  11 comments  ·  Essential Graphics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Responsive timing bug in 14.1.0 (Build 116)

Hi there,

I'm creating responsive timing mogrts for a client, and the protected regions work beautifully except for one comp. It does not have audio, and I have tried looking into the description.json of both a working and a non-working example but there are no discrepancies there it seems.

The mogrts are created with AE 17.0.6 (Build 35) and used from Premiere 14.1.0 (Build 116)

I have tried the new reset duration option, but it makes no difference.

I'm attaching the two mogrts to this report. The txt file ending should be removed before opening.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Essential Graphics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Unknown error while loading the motion graphics template

After Effects version : 17.0.6
    Premiere Pro version : 14.1

I updated Premiere Pro and AE recently and started getting the error "Unknown error while loading the motion graphics template" when I tried to add an Essential Graphics template I made in After Effects to my sequence.

Template was made in a previous version, so I exported it again with the latest AE. Still getting that error, and it does it for every template I create.

I proceeded with a complete uninstall of Premiere Pro and AE, but it kept giving me an error after I installed them back.

I…

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Essential Graphics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. text edit similar to other Adobe tools

Great start having multiple elements in a single graphic element but can the text edit tool be more like Indesign? It is APPALLINGLY slow to editing anything longer than a few lines.
    Suggestions:
    *a hint that text is flowed out of the text box.
    * paragraph styles and character styles. Currently you apply a style and the whole box is styled like that. Useless when you have a huge list of text to format.
    * an environment that is fast to edit. even if you have to click a "render" button.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. In the Essential Graphics tab, you should have a Matte Background checkbox.

It would be super convenient if the Essential Graphics tab had the option to create a solid color matte background underneath the text I'm working on. I'd like to audition the look of text on black without having to disable the footage beneath the text clip or create a color matte just for quick trials.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Bug - Premiere Pro - mogrt with responsive design time created in AE not working in PPro

I created a mogrt with two protected areas (responsive design time) in AE 17.1.1. When put on the timeline in Premiere Pro (14.3), and expanded with the rate stretch tool, the protected areas are also extended in duration. The "reset duration" item on the "graphics" menu is grayed out.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Essential Graphics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Color Picker inaccurate with MOGRT

I've been testing the ability to easily make Color Palattes available to our editors in Premiere Pro. One option is to look at the colors in the library, and manually type in the hexcode associated (since we can not use the eyedropper to select the colors from the Library). This is inefficient, so I have tried a second method. I created a mogrt that displays the 10 colors as squares. This would work great since its an easy overlay in our program monitor that could be referenced EXCEPT the colors are inaccurate! I've made sure my AE project is in…

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Essential Graphics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Essential Graphics Panel should have Folder view of mogrt files as was in previous versions for better Organization of assets within the app

Essential Graphics Panel should have Folder view of mogrt files as was in previous versions for better Organization of assets within the application

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Essential Graphics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. What happened to the "Title Panel Page," in Premiere Pro 2020?

The "Title Panel Page," in Premiere Pro 2020 has seemingly vanished. If it is still available in the software, how do I navigate to it? If it is not, I am upset that it was removed since it had such a complex display of controls and features, which gave me more options.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Legacy title doesn't work

Legacy title doesn't work. Nothing appears at time line whe it is dropped.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Titles do not seem to work now

when I used my old titles that I have been using for a client for years it would not work with premiere so I made a new title & something happens I get an error

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Essential Graphics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. BUG - Essential Graphics vertical cropping when expanding a collapsed group that contains comments

Windows 10.0.18363 (64 bit)
    Premiere 14.2.0
    After Effects 17.1.0

In the Edit tab of the Essential Graphics panel in Premiere, when I first open or load a MOGRT file which has a collapsed group containing comments, when I expand the group, the group's content initially appears cropped vertically. (This vertical cropping is most noticeable when there are long comments or multiple comments). In addition to being cropped, the expanded group content also overlaps the template's other options, instead of pushing the other options down.

When I collapse and expand the group again, the group's content displays properly.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under Review  ·  2 comments  ·  Essential Graphics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Let us choose default font/style for new Essential Graphics text

At the moment it default to Minion Pro, white colour.

Let us change this in prefences, including the option to set a default fill, stroke, background, shadow etc. I make a lot of captions using Essential Graphics templates, I know you can set a Master Style but then this needs to be brough into every project. Just let us select a Master Style as the global default.

Thanks

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Please Enable Placeholders In Mogrts

A wonderful feature to have when it comes to Mogrts, Motion Graphics Templates, is the ability to add placeholders created in After Effects that can be replaced by images and videos in Premiere Pro, while maintaining all their animation properties including motion in 3D space. Right now we are limited to text and graphics, but no way to enjoy placeholders and dropping your own footage or images inside.

66 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under Review  ·  9 comments  ·  Essential Graphics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Rolling titles in new graphics is a nightmare

It's really hard to use the type tool. I'm trying to select text to make it bold and the cursor will select text rows below instead of what im clicking on. Also the Command - B shortcut does not work to make text bold.. you have to select it on the side bar. That's a step backwards. I've tried editing in another text editor then pasting into premiere but essential graphics completely deletes any sizing or bolding I made. it just makes it all one font (not the one i've chosen). It defaults to aligning to the right when My credits were centered in…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. BUG: Timing on Corner Pin Disparity From AE to PP in MOGRT

I have an AE file which is essentially a video background with someone holding a cell phone, and a preComp layer of the screen to go on the cell phone. Everything is at 23.98 .

The preComp layer has a corner pin effect with 4 animation curves, and then the position, rotation, and scale all have animation curves as well.

The track looks great in AE. I can send it to Media Encoder, and the render looks great.

I write out a MOGRT and bring it into Premiere. Now, the track is somehow messed up. The preComp no longer tracks…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Text Shadow Blend Modes

When adding drop shadow to text I wish I could change the blend mode applied to the shadow, mutiply, screen etc.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Animatable Propertys of Essential Graphics Presets from After Effects

I just found out I can change values from MOGRT files from After Effects but can't animate those values

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 13 14
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base