Premiere Pro

Welcome to the Adobe Premiere Pro feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the Premiere Pro team via this UserVoice page and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Premiere Pro community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Nearest neighbor scaling (sampling) - simple and vital

After Effects allows you to use Bicubic, bilinear, and nearest neighbor ("draft") for scaling. (Also known as "sampling" or "interpolation.")

Premiere should absolutely have the option for the Motion effect to use Nearest Neighbor. (It would still be bicubic by default, as it is now.)

This is very important for sprite art, screenshots, screen recordings, etc.

Here is a forum thread on the issue from 2012, where most people unfortunately don't even understand what the problem is:
    https://forums.adobe.com/thread/1061901

NOTE: The TRANSFORM effect currently has the option for bilinear and bicubic. It would be good to add nearest neighbor here, but…

426 votes
    Sign in Sign in with Adobe ID
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

28 comments  ·  Effects & Transitions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Currently, Premiere uses the Lanczos method for intrinsic scale and rotation. Lanczos is an exceptionally high-quality interpolation method which generally yields better results than bicubic, bilinear or nearest neighbor. From reading the forum post, it seems that up-scaling is the real issue here. I suggest looking at the Detail-Preserving Upscale effect in After Effects. It does a really good job and gives you some parameters to tweak to fit your specific content.

2. STOP SWITCHING TO THE NEXT CLIP WHEN I'M TRYING TO MANIPULATE KEYFRAMES

This is super annoying. I create a keyframe, let's say a motion keyframe. Set it to 50. Then create another one, set it to 100 and put it at the end of the clip. Then I scroll to the second keyframe and suddenly, Premiere has switched me to the next clip in the timeline for some reason. This is so annoying. Even moreso when I'm using my mouse to move the scrubber around, sometimes it juts me all the way to the end of the timeline. I can't imagine a scenario where I would want this behavior.

505 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under Review  ·  47 comments  ·  Effects & Transitions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Keyboard shortcut for Effects & Presets PLEEEEEASE!!! : )

Hello. I'd like to see a master key to assign effects OR a way to map effects and presets to the keyboard using the Keyboard Shortcut tool.

I've submitted this request before having come from Final Cut Pro and it was a huuuuuge time saver for me in the editing process as I used this feature on FCP multiple multiple times on every single edit I did, every day, and I can't imagine others would not have the same reason for using it as me and I likely very frustrated at how long it takes to apply the Warp Stabiliser…

540 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

46 comments  ·  Effects & Transitions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base