Premiere Pro

Welcome to the Adobe Premiere Pro feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the Premiere Pro team via this UserVoice page and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Premiere Pro community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. BUG TRACK MATTE KEY

The elements, both existing text (used in the video) and images are not respecting the mask of the upper band rectangle with the TRACK MATTE KEY effect. In addition, when trying to use the effect on images, it cuts the scale of the rectangle (which will be used as a mask) ​covering 80% of the image.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Effects & Transitions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Allow changing Effect control on multiple clip at the same time ! Come on guys, I d'ont want to do this manually or nest everytime !

1- Select multiple clip in the timeline
    2- Change position/scale/ others for every selected clip

No need to NEST before PLZ !

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Effects & Transitions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. BUG - VR Gradient Wipe loses its custom gradient Image when exported by Project Manager

PROJECT MANAGER BUG
    I just exported my project in Project Manager and opened it on a different computer for rendering. I then noticed that the custom gradient image I used on all the VR Gradient Wipe transitions was missing. Instead, the transition used the default image, causing lots of issues in my project, since I'm using the transition on text in a very dialed-in way. Now I have to manually copy the gradient image to the other computer and relink it in every single transition.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. weird warping with the Flip Over transition

okay, so this is a problem I had in premiere elements 2018 (not premiere pro, but I was told on twitter through @AdobeCare to post about it here) but the Flip Over transition effect just looks completely horrible. like, just absolute garbage. look at this [attached video], why does it look this way? I was able to get a workaround using a Basic 3D effect instead [https://twitter.com/hbmmaster/status/1398411550805925892], but I feel like that's what the default transition should look like

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Effects & Transitions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Add a typewriter effect that uses frames as how to reveal characters

This is an effect that is from Lightworks that I would like to be added to adobe for convenience sake. Especially for long sentences where doing it frame by frame is extremely tedious and time wasting compared to how this program does it.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Add a typewriter effect that uses frames as how to reveal characters

This is an effect that is from Lightworks that I would like to be added to adobe for convenience sake. Especially for long sentences where doing it frame by frame is extremely tedious and time wasting compared to how this program does it.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Bug report: Opacity adjustment doesn't reveal track below

I've run into 2 bugs. One is related to Cross Dissolve. When I add that to a clip, it instead dips to black rather than revealing the track underneath. Instead, I tried adding Opacity keyframes to get the intended effect, but it acts the same way. When the Opacity is at 0%, it just shows a black frame, instead of showing the track underneath.

This is PPro 2021 on Windows 10.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. 2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Ultra key playback

You can't playback any changes you've made with ultra key without first rendering the footage in the timeline. This is unacceptable. It used to not be this way.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Effects & Transitions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. effects broken

my effect bar with this new update dosent work whatsoever. its either frozen or takes 20 seconds to register any of my inputs

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Morph cut not preserving lip sync

I often have to cut out a word or two from various places in an interview video. When I put morph cut on these cut, the resulting video looks great with no detectable jump, except the lip sync becomes wrong. Often the person would starts talking (audio) when the video shows his mouth closed. It's a shame I have to abandon using morph cut in those cases. If more attention can be focused on preserving lip sync that would be great.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Arrows in the Graphics Panel

In the new "Effects" panel there is no real way to make a nice arrow. People who make educational and technical videos use arrows all the time. Of course, you can make one in PhotoShop or AE, but this takes time. AND, the legacy title tool, which you could use a line and a triangle to make an arrow, will soon be going away. HELP! It seems like an easy fix. Thanks.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Enable the option to make SHORTCUTS for effects.

It would be so much more practical to be able to assign shortcuts to effects instead of always have to drag the effect on the clip on the time line.
    There are short cuts for everything else (for things I use a whole lot less), so why not make avail for effects?
    Thanks

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Default transitions issue and color problem in 2021

Premiere default transition not working as expected. And this issue has not been solved for 9 years. You can see this issue when you do this:
    Create some text on top of some video.
    Apply default transitions on text layer.

Now go on timeline in the middle of this transition on text layer. Transparency should be there 50 percent, but it isn't. Default transitions in Premiere appear ugly and fast and making them longer doesn't help. With white text I have found that I can use screen transparency mode to fix this transition. But for colour graphics I have to…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Trouble with the 2020 and 2021 succession on "Fill Right with Left".

This problem occurs when a file created in Premiere Pro 2020 contains a clip with the " Fill Right with Left " effect applied to the material.
    When the same file is transferred to Premiere Pro 2021, the effect will be converted to " Fill Left with Right".

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Premiere Pro needs an "FX Chain"

I'd like to be able to save a chain of FX that I use on both video and audio and then be able to apply that in a completely separate project without having to have both projects open at the same time. That way I can just add the chain rather than each individual effect and preset per each effect.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. "Make Editable" for Master effects

"Make Editable" for Master effects
    Request for an option to make master effects editable on selected sequence clip(s).

Eg: You have a source item with a master effects applied. Clips from that source are used multiple times in a sequence. For one of those instances you want to make some changes to the master effect.

It would therefore be helpful to have the option to "Make editable" - ie, release from it's relationship with the master effect - converting it to a sequence clip effect - so that it could be edited as an individual effect.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. "position" option for warp stabilizer is now looking warped with the new update.

The "position" selection for the warp stabilizer doesn't work properly since the new update. It now also warps the footage rather than just positioning the frames, so there's no longer a stabilization option that doesn't warp the footage. It would be better if was the way it was prior to the update.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Audio- and Video-Presets don't get saved after restart

Hey there,

so I saved several effects as presets, e.g. Audio files such as

Hardlimiter and Noise-Reduction.

When I use those first, they work fine even when I restart Premiere Pro.

I also saved them in the workspace (>Window>workspaces>Save

changes at this workspace).

After a restart of the computer, the presets are still there, but all of the

custom presets e.g. instead of "20% noise reduction" which I set up

before, it went back to 40% again.

Another example: In the hardmlimiter-effect I set up -9 db as a preset

but it also has been reset to the default.

This…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base