Premiere Pro

Welcome to the Adobe Premiere Pro feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the Premiere Pro team via this UserVoice page and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Premiere Pro community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Adding effects directly to video layers (Audio Track Mixer for Video layers)

Being able to add effects directly to a layer which makes all clips on that layer affected would be a huge time saver.
    If you have a multicamera sequence with 3 different cameras where you want to add same grade to all clips on track 1, track 2 and track 3 seperately.

Or even being able to make adjustment layers only affect the clips on the layer directly beneath would also be amazing... (like in photoshop)

203 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

14 comments  ·  Effects & Transitions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Bug: Optical Flow and M1 Max

Hi,

I am having a consistent bug in which optical flow on clips renders improperly on my M1 Max Macbook Pro. This occurs on both .mp4 and ProRes clips during timeline renders and exports. This bug appears to have been around for some time. Unless fixed, I cannot use my M1 machine on commercial projects.

M1 Max, 64GB memory

Version 22.0.0 (Build 169)

Thanks!

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Effects & Transitions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Add metadata stabilization for footage from recent sony cameras

Sony started to add post-recording stabilization using gyroscopic data to their line up which started with cameras like the Sony FX9 and later became available in the RX0, ZV-1, a7c, a7SIII, FX3 and FX6. Some of these cameras don't have IBIS. The only software so far that uses the gyro data is Sony's own Catalyst Browse which is free. It's awkward to do a round-trip to stabilize footage. Sony once announced they wanted to make the metadata available to other software companies.

19 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  Effects & Transitions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Bring the Pan and Zoom tool from Premiere Rush to Premiere PRO

Adobe Premiere Rush is getting a Pan and Zoom effect for quick and easy pan and zoom options for stills and (we can presume) video as well.

There was a time when effects and advancments flowed from Premiere or Rush, but not in this case. While we can manually create pan and zooms in PPro with keyframes a fast and easy automated Pan and Zoom would be great. Both Final Cut Pro X and DaVinci Resolve have this features to Premiere is behind.

Most of the development work would be done if this exists in Rush so it should be…

89 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12 comments  ·  Effects & Transitions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Parenting Layers in Premiere Pro

On a recent project I did I have to do a lot of temp VFX in Premiere, mostly with several layers of animated characters and doing a fake camera move like dolly or pan. And I have to manually keyframe the backgroud, all 3-4 separated animated character with the same keyframe so that they don't drift during the movement.

Since all those layers are sized differently, the "paste attribute" doesn't work. I can only come up with 2 workaround for this, all with their drawbacks. First one is to first place everything in correct places, then nest all the layers…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Effects & Transitions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Add “Size” attribute to Drop Shadow effect

It would be perfect if we could adjust Drop Shadow size, as we can do in Subtitles and Essencial Graphics

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Effects & Transitions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Masking tools in Warp Stablizer (to decide which parts of a clip get analyzed!)

The Warp Stabilizer tool should have built-in masking tools for users to be able to decide which part(s) of a clip get analyzed for stabilization! (i.e. ability to ignore from analysis certain moving objects that can throw stabilization out of whack.)

TIP You can already decide which part(s) of a clip get analyzed for stabilization!

But it takes a few steps:
    1. Mask out parts of the clip you want Warp Stablizer to ignore using Opacity effect mask(s).
    2. Nest masked clip.
    3. Apply Warp Stabilizer to nest.
    4. Once the clip is stabilized, open nest.
    5. Turn off Opacity…

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Effects & Transitions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. BUG - Warp Stabiliser Mac M1 Pro

Using a MacBook Pro with M1 Pro chip:

Adding 50fps footage to a 25fps sequence to allow for slow motion if desired. If you add a warp stabiliser to this footage within the 25fps sequence the footage becomes heavily pixelated - very similar looking to the other issue I have posted relating to pixelation with hardware encoding export using the M1 Pro chip.

If you add 50fps footage to a 50fps sequence and add a warp stabiliser this issue does not happen. Equally the fault in it's entirety does NOT happen on a Windows PC or an Intel based Mac.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Effects & Transitions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Select transitions for multiple clips at once

I want to select transitions for multiple clips at once
    We can select edit points at once with Ctrl + drag.
    However, there is no way to select transitions all at once.

To select multiple transitions
    1. Hold down the SHIFT key and click, and select each multiple clip transitions.
    There is no other way.

As a method of selecting transitions at once, it is good to use Ctrl + SHIFT + drag, Ctrl + ALT + drag, etc.

afterwards,
    We can easily change the duration by right-clicking.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Effects & Transitions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Treat "Source" effects as the Intrinsic effects are, and display only one Effects Control tab

Currently there are two tabs for the Effects Control Panel ... the Source and Sequence tabs.

Much "modern" media is meta-driven, and has what are set as "Source" tab controls: all Log & RAW formats among others.

But the user never ever sees ALL effects on a clip in one place, and does not even KNOW there are perhaps Source effects applied when in the Sequence effects tab.

Plus ... the only way to get between them requires a mouse action, as there are no keyboard shortcuts nor control surface actions to change panels.

It's slow, clunky, inefficient, and ...…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Effects & Transitions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Bring back legacy color correction filters

By removing the Fast Color Corrector and Change Color filters you have eliminated essential quick functionality. Lumetri is far from workable - How do I keyframe hue shifts and black grey white levels now? Please bring back these essential filters.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Pan Behind Tool Snap anchor point position to center or grid with modifier key, shift or cntrl as in After Effects

Pan Behind Tool Snap anchor point position to center or grid with modifier key, shift or cntrl as in After Effects

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Quickly remove or paste clip attributes

I very often want to remove one effect/attribute or copy/paste one effect/attribute onto a clip. It takes forever to click each tick box separately. It would save so much time if you could click once on the top box and drag the mouse downwards to select/deselect multiple boxes.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Missing Filters in New Update

I noticed that 'Color Balance (HLS)' has been removed completely from the Effects in Premiere. I was on customer support and on a call with the tech team for hours over the past couple days and it looks like it was just removed completely. Would love for that effect to be added back in on the next update, have no idea why it was removed, I use it all the time!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Effects stacking with clipping to combine & share tracking masks and tracking keyframes.

It would save a lot of time it would be possible to link effects that can stack together and share tracking data masks. This idea comes from photoshop, where every layer that is enabled to be a clipping mask is above the affected layer. The same could be translated where effects are changed to clipping effects above the main effect with tracking data and mask being shared.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Effect and Transitions aren't working!

Not really an idea more like a suggestion, I've been trying to use simple effects like the "crop tool", glitch transitions, also including the "color grading" feature. However, they're not working, like nothing happens. Ever since the new update it's been malfunctioning horribly, just something I'd highly advised for you guys to resolve because it's really getting in the way of how I personally edit my projects which is to basically create fan edits.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Add a "Show Track Points" checkbox for Warp Stabilizer like the version in After Effects has.

Warp Stabilizer VFX has an option to show the points it's using to track and delete them if desired. This feature is missing from the Premiere version of the effect. I'm assuming there's a good reason for that but it's really a pain, I'm having to create linked comps and send footage to AE every time I need to fine tune the stabilization by modifying the track points. Please add this function to Premiere.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. clip expanding outside of mask frame

Clip expanding outside of frame when editing, I've rendered the effects, deleted keyframes and reshaped the mask but it keeps expanding outside of the mask I make.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Shortcut for secondary default transition length

Basically during an edit I am often trimming dialogue audio where I want a ~5 frame default transition, but then adding crossfades to music where i usually want a ~20 frame transition. I am adding a lot right now!

Basically my suggestion is two default audio transition lengths, one being the primary default, and the other being a "secondary" default that could be activated by a different shortcut, maybe Ctrl+Shift+D (of course can be set to whatever you want).

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Update Effects for GoPro 9 and 10

Good morning guys. I shoot music performances with 4 GoPro 9s. I've recently discovered that PP has Effects for removing GoPro lens distortion, but they only cover up to GP4 and it is currently up to GP10. Are there any plans of updating PP to the current GP models?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 37 38
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base