Premiere Pro

Welcome to the Adobe Premiere Pro feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the Premiere Pro team via this UserVoice page and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Premiere Pro community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Nearest neighbor scaling (sampling) - simple and vital

After Effects allows you to use Bicubic, bilinear, and nearest neighbor ("draft") for scaling. (Also known as "sampling" or "interpolation.")

Premiere should absolutely have the option for the Motion effect to use Nearest Neighbor. (It would still be bicubic by default, as it is now.)

This is very important for sprite art, screenshots, screen recordings, etc.

Here is a forum thread on the issue from 2012, where most people unfortunately don't even understand what the problem is:
    https://forums.adobe.com/thread/1061901

NOTE: The TRANSFORM effect currently has the option for bilinear and bicubic. It would be good to add nearest neighbor here, but…

289 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

20 comments  ·  Effects & Transitions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Currently, Premiere uses the Lanczos method for intrinsic scale and rotation. Lanczos is an exceptionally high-quality interpolation method which generally yields better results than bicubic, bilinear or nearest neighbor. From reading the forum post, it seems that up-scaling is the real issue here. I suggest looking at the Detail-Preserving Upscale effect in After Effects. It does a really good job and gives you some parameters to tweak to fit your specific content.

2. STOP SWITCHING TO THE NEXT CLIP WHEN I'M TRYING TO MANIPULATE KEYFRAMES

This is super annoying. I create a keyframe, let's say a motion keyframe. Set it to 50. Then create another one, set it to 100 and put it at the end of the clip. Then I scroll to the second keyframe and suddenly, Premiere has switched me to the next clip in the timeline for some reason. This is so annoying. Even moreso when I'm using my mouse to move the scrubber around, sometimes it juts me all the way to the end of the timeline. I can't imagine a scenario where I would want this behavior.

408 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under Review  ·  42 comments  ·  Effects & Transitions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Auto keyframe should be OFF! By default it should be off!

The autokeyframe by default on things loke opacity has been a source of many a frustrations for me.

I set an opacity value. Then later I change it. Play it back and I wonder why it isn't set where I wanted. So I open it up an goddammit the autokeyframe was on by default so to get rid of it I push the stop watch and that warning is thrown right at my face. I never wanted the keyframes in the first place so why did you assume I would, adobe?!

This problem would not be nearly as aggravating if…

406 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

34 comments  ·  Effects & Transitions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Warp stabilizer

Warp Stabilizer needs to be able to automatically adjust to different resolution footage inside of the same timeline. I waste an obscene amount of time manually nesting footage, going into that comp, resizing the nested sequence to match the clip, and then applying warp stabilizer, and then going back to my original timeline, and then scaling the nested sequence to this sequence size. Its a massive hassle and waste of time. Build a feature that allows it to do all of that automatically in the effect panel.

563 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

68 comments  ·  Effects & Transitions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

What you’re suggesting would lead to a full on revision of the feature – therefore I’d like to ask a couple of additional questions:
    what kind of footage do you usually try to stabilize with the Warp Stabilizer? And how much tweaking of the settings do you do on average?

Thanks
    Patrick

5. Keyboard shortcut for Effects & Presets PLEEEEEASE!!! : )

Hello. I'd like to see a master key to assign effects OR a way to map effects and presets to the keyboard using the Keyboard Shortcut tool.

I've submitted this request before having come from Final Cut Pro and it was a huuuuuge time saver for me in the editing process as I used this feature on FCP multiple multiple times on every single edit I did, every day, and I can't imagine others would not have the same reason for using it as me and I likely very frustrated at how long it takes to apply the Warp Stabiliser…

468 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

34 comments  ·  Effects & Transitions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Time remapping faster than 1000%

It'd be nice to ramp faster than 1000%

341 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

38 comments  ·  Effects & Transitions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Source timecode effect or more advanced timecode effect

Need a better TC filter to be able to display burn-ins on exported sequences for source clip TC, with selection of various source tracks

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Effects & Transitions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Warp stabilizer presets do not automatically analyze

If you select multiple clips and apply the default warp stabilizer to them, they will automatically start analyzing which is great.
    However, to save time I created a Warp Stabilizer Preset to stabilize at 5% (Instead of the default 50%) so I wouldn't have to go through and adjust all the stabilized clips to 5% manually.

But now I find out that the Warp Stabilizer Preset does not analyze automatically when applied to multiple clips, so I have to go through and click analyze on each one which takes ages!

Can we please make it so that the Warp Stabilizer…

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Effects & Transitions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. We MUST be able to reorder audio effects in the Effect Controls panel

Premiere Pro 13.1.

It appears it's not possible to reorder audio effects applied to a clip any more. I'm sure this used to be possible.

I can only assume this is a critical BUG that no one has noticed yet.

Please give us back the ability to reorder Audio effects.

It's UTTERLY critical that we can do this.

Edit: I talked to support and they noted that we can cut and paste the effect into a new position. Whew. This is a reasonable work around.

But the inability to drag and drop really looks like a bug, since the cursor…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Effects & Transitions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Make "Save Preset" Available for ALL Effects

Every effect and transition should have the ability to be saved as a preset.
    Something as simple as a wipe with a custom colored border cannot be saved, forcing users to spend vital time recreating effects over and over.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Effects & Transitions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Please Enable Clock Wipe, Random Blocks and Camera Blur For MacOS

It is really essential to have Clock Wipe, Random Blocks and Camera Blur enabled for Premiere Pro running on MacOS, not just inside Transitions but also inside Effects. Those are extremely useful even if they look like simple overlooked transitions, but they are essential.

Thank You

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Auto-reframe for 360 video

The new auto reframe features look awesome, I'd love it if Premiere could auto-reframe my spherical video taking into consideration FOV, pitch, yaw! It's a pain to keyframe spherical video, to have premiere do a first take would be a dream come true.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Allow us to move multiple clips' position at once.

Currently, we can only move a clip's position in the frame on its own.

Please allow us to select multiple items in our sequence and move their position (X / Y axis) together. If we move them 100px to the right, that number will be added to each clip's respective position so that they move as a group when selected as such, but their individual positions are maintained when the move is done.

This would also be great when selecting multiple text layers within the same Graphic Text clip. Rather than causing 2 or more layers to be given the…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. DO AWAY WITH THE REQUIREMENT TO TRIM EVERY CLIP WITH THE RED BRACKETS BEFORE YOU CAN ADD A TRANSITION.

PLEASE DO AWAY WITH THE REQUIREMENT TO TRIM EVERY CLIP WITH THE RED BRACKETS BEFORE YOU CAN ADD A TRANSITION WITHOUT ONE OF THE CLIPS ENDING UP FROZEN DURING THE TRANSITION!

NO OTHER SOFTWARE DOES IT!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Ability to add and modify Lumetri Color to the group of clips

When I have a group of shots from the same location I should be able to add and modify the Lumetri Color Effect for all of them at once. Regardless of their position on the timeline. You could add it in the Lumetri panel next to the Master tab. Design three buttons here. Default “Clip” level button. “Master” level button and a “Group” level button. I think this is doable and would make the color correction/grading process more efficient.

49 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Effects & Transitions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. inverted mask

Hey, @AdobePremiere why can’t I use 2 masks with text in Essential Graphics? The first mask works fine inverted. Once I add a second and invert it both masks fail to work.

This is really bugging me.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Replace with Clip is broken

I am applying Basic 3D and drop shadow to a PNG clip with keframes on position, scale, rotation, distance to image, swivel, and opacity on the drop shadow with another set of keyframes 10 frames after. When I replace the clip on the timeline by either alt dragging or Replace with Clip from Bin/Source Monitor and then I move the clip up one layer, the key frames move back in time half a frame. When I undo, the keyframes are still incorrect. The files are the same dimensions. From that point on, the keyframes behave unpredictably and, even after I…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Make Time Remapping a default feature

Please make it possible to display the time remapping as a default setting, so I dont have to right click every Clip and change it Manually. Everyone uses The time remapping way more often than Opacity.

Many thanks in advance.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Create shortcut key to remove transitions at the playhead

Removing lots of audio transitions at the same time on multitrack audio can be frustrating. In Avid we can press a shortcut key to "remove effects" which, admittedly, is rather vague and limiting, however it works great for quickly removing a handful of transitions all at once. Would like something that works very similar to applying default transitions at the playhead, except instead of applying, it removes them (either at the playhead or if you select a trim or multiple trims and press the key).

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Video Track Masking

It would be fantastic to apply a mask or effect to an entire track. For instance, when cutting split screen videos, you could mask one track to the top half of your screen. Then any footage you put into that track would be restricted to the track's mask.

Then you could more easily work with different resolutions, reframing, and layout without worrying if your seam is going to be consistent across the video.

I know this is similar to this ask: https://adobe-video.uservoice.com/forums/911233-premiere-pro/suggestions/33869674-assigning-effect-to-video-track. But everyone in that thread just said adjustment layers, that was that.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 19 20
  • Don't see your idea?

Please do not use your Adobe ID and password.

Feedback and Knowledge Base