Premiere Pro

Welcome to the Adobe Premiere Pro feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the Premiere Pro team via this UserVoice page and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Premiere Pro community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Nearest neighbor scaling (sampling) - simple and vital

After Effects allows you to use Bicubic, bilinear, and nearest neighbor ("draft") for scaling. (Also known as "sampling" or "interpolation.")

Premiere should absolutely have the option for the Motion effect to use Nearest Neighbor. (It would still be bicubic by default, as it is now.)

This is very important for sprite art, screenshots, screen recordings, etc.

Here is a forum thread on the issue from 2012, where most people unfortunately don't even understand what the problem is:
    https://forums.adobe.com/thread/1061901

NOTE: The TRANSFORM effect currently has the option for bilinear and bicubic. It would be good to add nearest neighbor here, but…

422 votes
    Sign in Sign in with Adobe ID
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

28 comments  ·  Effects & Transitions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Currently, Premiere uses the Lanczos method for intrinsic scale and rotation. Lanczos is an exceptionally high-quality interpolation method which generally yields better results than bicubic, bilinear or nearest neighbor. From reading the forum post, it seems that up-scaling is the real issue here. I suggest looking at the Detail-Preserving Upscale effect in After Effects. It does a really good job and gives you some parameters to tweak to fit your specific content.

2. In Lumetri color, just clicking on a CURVE should not move it. It should only move when the user moves the cursor.

For the Lumetri Color effect’s CURVES controls, clicking on the line to create a point will also instantly move the line. (Unless your click is pixel-perfect.) This is very annoying in situations where you want to keep most of the line straight, such as with hue vs hue.

Please make it so that when a point is first created or clicked on, the point and line do not move until the user moves the cursor (while holding down left click of course).

P.S: Some other effects or controls also have this same issue, like the curves control in the Master…

10 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Effects & Transitions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Input window for transition duration when applying a transition effect

When you set a transition effect you then have to doubleclick it to enter the duration you want to have. This is very time consuming and one extra step you wouldn’t need if the duration window just automatically popped upon setting the transition.

11 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Effects & Transitions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Put crop in the Effect Controls please

Would love the ability to crop an image without having to mask, or search and add Crop from the Effects panel. This sounds silly and lazy, but it’s something I’m doing over and over in sizzle editing, where I have to make all graphics, animations and mock ups for advertising, for example.

Please consider adding Crop into Effect Controls.

A 4-point polygon mask makes a small box and you have to drag the points. (holding shift, and getting it just right visually) I want Crop embedded because I want to adjust the edges with numbers, quickly.

Also, a request for…

34 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Update your Transitions Adobe!

I've been using Premiere since 2000 and THE TRANSITIONS HAVE NOT CHANGED.

FCPX is whipping Premiere's butt in this category and I see no reason why Adobe hasn't even touched them except to add VR transitions.

My only theory is that Adobe is moonlighting/partnering with filmimpact.net which is the only company offering transition plugins that actually work in Premiere as transitions rather than presets. Of course it is also a paid for subscription. Seriously Adobe? We have to pay to get a transition with easing options?

Who in 2020 is using "paint splatter" and "pinwheel"?

Please update this, I teach…

8 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Effects & Transitions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Crop Bug Premiere Pro 2020 - MBP 16" 2019

When you add a crop to a video clip and use all four values the clip image becomes corrupted on the new MBP 16" 2019

Model Name: MacBook Pro
    Model Identifier: MacBookPro16,1

AMD Radeon Pro 5500M:

Chipset Model: AMD Radeon Pro 5500M
    Type: GPU
    Bus: PCIe
    PCIe Lane Width: x16
    VRAM (Total): 8 GB
    Vendor: AMD (0x1002)
    Device ID: 0x7340
    Revision ID: 0x0040
    ROM Revision: 113-D3220E-190
    VBIOS Version: 113-D32206U1-019
    Option ROM Version: 113-D32206U1-019
    EFI Driver Version: 01.01.190
    Automatic Graphics Switching: Supported
    gMux Version: 5.0.0
    Metal: Supported, feature set macOS GPUFamily2 v1
    Displays:
    Color LCD:
    Display Type: Built-In Retina LCD
    Resolution:…

7 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12 comments  ·  Effects & Transitions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Warp Stabilizer should be updated

Warp Stabilizer is horribly slow and and in need of a refresh, especially considering how fast auto reframe is in comparison. The effect still only runs on 1 thread per clip, stops analyzing as soon as you as much breath, and will slow a project with a lot of warp stabilization down to nearly unusable levels.

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Save multiple effects as an effects preset

Currently you cannot save multiple effects, or instances of an effect, into a preset. When you select all of them and save it as a preset, it only saves the first effect in the list. Being able to do this would speed up color grading workflows, and other things as well. Can this feature please be added/fixed?

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. flipping images with negative scale, like in After Effects

Firstly, without a shortcut for horizontal / vertical flipping, it takes too many steps to get this done.
    in After Effects you can just type in a negative value of the scale and its flipped. when importing the clip in After Effects there should be no need to flip the footage again.
    even worse, when exporting the timeline as an AAF, most of the transforms are there on the other end EXCEPT flipping.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Effects Report

It would be extremely useful for finishing prep and conforming if we could get an effects reported of what effects are on what clips at what times.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. STOP SWITCHING TO THE NEXT CLIP WHEN I'M TRYING TO MANIPULATE KEYFRAMES

This is super annoying. I create a keyframe, let's say a motion keyframe. Set it to 50. Then create another one, set it to 100 and put it at the end of the clip. Then I scroll to the second keyframe and suddenly, Premiere has switched me to the next clip in the timeline for some reason. This is so annoying. Even moreso when I'm using my mouse to move the scrubber around, sometimes it juts me all the way to the end of the timeline. I can't imagine a scenario where I would want this behavior.

499 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under Review  ·  45 comments  ·  Effects & Transitions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. setting up thumbnail when exporting video

Setting up thumbnail when exporting video is a minimum requirement for a paid video software. Please, fix this ASAP

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Delete Multiple Transitions

The ability the delete multiple transitions at once sounds like it should be a given, but it is not.

So there's already a way to select multiple "cuts", just by pressing CTRL and dragging the mouse over, we can select all the cuts we need. With this selection in place, a single button (Backspace or Delete) should simply clear the transitions applied on those selected cuts.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. New Adjustment layer settings so it doesn't require nesting

I want the adjustment layer to have settings to how many layers below it will apply, so I don't have to nest everything all the time when applying effects to a multi-layer timeline. It would also be nice then if when selected the adjustment layer would highlight in a new way which layers it's affecting below. BTW: This is the closest we could get to node-based instead of layer-based NLE.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Add Speed/Duration to Effect Controls Panel

Instead of having to right click on the timeline to adjust speed/duration, add it to the Effect Controls panel.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Add ALL overlay options as video effects, not just timecode and clip name

Currently, you can drop in a timecode generator or clip name into Premiere, but what about the other overlays? It would help tremendously if I could throw on a marker effect overlay so I can export my video with the comments embedded. There are so many reasons to have all the overlays editable layers/effects, especially the fact that they would all be able to be exported on top of the video. Imagine the increase in workflow productivity when sharing all overlay information with other editors/clients during the draft process.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Bug with in the Radial shadow effect

I'm making a photo slide show. Each photo is nested and within the nest I apply effect such as scaling, position, overlays etc. I was using the radial shadow effect to create a white photo border which I applied on to the nest in the main timeline - On some pics it stop the effects on the pictures within the nest from working. When I disable the effect they work. Must be a bug I guess as it works 95% of the time. Windows 10. PP v 14.3 Build 38

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. search for effects

Ability to highlight search applied audio / video effects - so as we can tell where an effect has been applied throughout an entire project. This panel should be searchable and allow for quick disable/enable. VERY difficult to locate an obsolete effect - like audio reverb - in an older project

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. go to next keyframe on same clip issue

When you try to go to last keyframe on same clip using the go to new keyframe arrow, you are taken to the next clip instead. This has been the case for many years and it is quite annoying.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Warp Stabilizer offsets frame location

Premiere 13.1.5- working in a triptych layout for a museum installation. Full HD has been shrunk to 33%. I have left, center and right images laid out for color correction and tweaks.

I applied the Warp Stabilizer to a center screen image with these settings:

Result: Smooth Motion

Smoothness- 50%

Method - Position, Scale, Rotation

Preserve Scale- unchecked

Borders>Framing- Stabilize, Crop, Auto-Scale

Auto-scale (112.5%)

I've converted the project to Premiere 14 to do final review. At the point where this stabilized screen appears it shifts to the upper left during playback. When I stop playback, it appears right back where…

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Effects & Transitions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 25 26
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base