Premiere Pro

Welcome to the Adobe Premiere Pro feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the Premiere Pro team via this UserVoice page and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Premiere Pro community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Nearest neighbor scaling (sampling) - simple and vital

After Effects allows you to use Bicubic, bilinear, and nearest neighbor ("draft") for scaling. (Also known as "sampling" or "interpolation.")

Premiere should absolutely have the option for the Motion effect to use Nearest Neighbor. (It would still be bicubic by default, as it is now.)

This is very important for sprite art, screenshots, screen recordings, etc.

Here is a forum thread on the issue from 2012, where most people unfortunately don't even understand what the problem is:
    https://forums.adobe.com/thread/1061901

NOTE: The TRANSFORM effect currently has the option for bilinear and bicubic. It would be good to add nearest neighbor here, but…

336 votes
    Sign in Sign in with Adobe ID
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

23 comments  ·  Effects & Transitions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Currently, Premiere uses the Lanczos method for intrinsic scale and rotation. Lanczos is an exceptionally high-quality interpolation method which generally yields better results than bicubic, bilinear or nearest neighbor. From reading the forum post, it seems that up-scaling is the real issue here. I suggest looking at the Detail-Preserving Upscale effect in After Effects. It does a really good job and gives you some parameters to tweak to fit your specific content.

2. Put crop in the Effect Controls please

Would love the ability to crop an image without having to mask, or search and add Crop from the Effects panel. This sounds silly and lazy, but it’s something I’m doing over and over in sizzle editing, where I have to make all graphics, animations and mock ups for advertising, for example.

Please consider adding Crop into Effect Controls.

A 4-point polygon mask makes a small box and you have to drag the points. (holding shift, and getting it just right visually) I want Crop embedded because I want to adjust the edges with numbers, quickly.

Also, a request for…

21 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Effects & Transitions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Crop Bug Premiere Pro 2020 - MBP 16" 2019

When you add a crop to a video clip and use all four values the clip image becomes corrupted on the new MBP 16" 2019

Model Name: MacBook Pro
    Model Identifier: MacBookPro16,1

AMD Radeon Pro 5500M:

Chipset Model: AMD Radeon Pro 5500M
    Type: GPU
    Bus: PCIe
    PCIe Lane Width: x16
    VRAM (Total): 8 GB
    Vendor: AMD (0x1002)
    Device ID: 0x7340
    Revision ID: 0x0040
    ROM Revision: 113-D3220E-190
    VBIOS Version: 113-D32206U1-019
    Option ROM Version: 113-D32206U1-019
    EFI Driver Version: 01.01.190
    Automatic Graphics Switching: Supported
    gMux Version: 5.0.0
    Metal: Supported, feature set macOS GPUFamily2 v1
    Displays:
    Color LCD:
    Display Type: Built-In Retina LCD
    Resolution:…

7 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Effects & Transitions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. STOP SWITCHING TO THE NEXT CLIP WHEN I'M TRYING TO MANIPULATE KEYFRAMES

This is super annoying. I create a keyframe, let's say a motion keyframe. Set it to 50. Then create another one, set it to 100 and put it at the end of the clip. Then I scroll to the second keyframe and suddenly, Premiere has switched me to the next clip in the timeline for some reason. This is so annoying. Even moreso when I'm using my mouse to move the scrubber around, sometimes it juts me all the way to the end of the timeline. I can't imagine a scenario where I would want this behavior.

474 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under Review  ·  43 comments  ·  Effects & Transitions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Auto keyframe should be OFF! By default it should be off!

The autokeyframe by default on things loke opacity has been a source of many a frustrations for me.

I set an opacity value. Then later I change it. Play it back and I wonder why it isn't set where I wanted. So I open it up an goddammit the autokeyframe was on by default so to get rid of it I push the stop watch and that warning is thrown right at my face. I never wanted the keyframes in the first place so why did you assume I would, adobe?!

This problem would not be nearly as aggravating if…

470 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

47 comments  ·  Effects & Transitions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Timecode and Clip Name effect should be able to reference audio tracks

I have a timeline with video and audio recorded separately. I have used the Clip Name and Timecode effects to display on the video for exporting rushes. However there is no way to display the timecode/clip name of audio tracks.

Burning in overlays from the program monitor would work too.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Effects & Transitions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. timeline channel button to disable transitions

Sort of like solo or mute the ability to disable the transitions of a timeline lane/channel would be effective when making clip decisions that are difficult to see because of the transition.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. When "Directional Blur" stops, it jumps one pixle

When applying a "Directional Blur" to a png, video, title what ever, and ramps it down from xx to zero, it jumps 1 pixel up when hitting zero.

See the attached example  - zoom in on the png and see when it stops.

Can this be fixed ?

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Effects & Transitions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Add Speed/Duration to Effect Controls Panel

Instead of having to right click on the timeline to adjust speed/duration, add it to the Effect Controls panel.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Trimming a rendered clip SHOULD NOT need to re-rendered entire clip again!

When a clip that requires rendering (red bar in timeline) is rendered, and then trimmed shorter, why does the clip need to be re-rendered? Shouldn't the app understand that it is using a previously rendered clip that has media generated already? When I do green screens, I will often use Neat video denoise effect, which takes a long time to render. I don't have the time to wait for it to re-render the entire clip, many times several minutes long, if all I want to do is trim a few frames off the heads or tails.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Point/Draft Scaling

This is a really standard feature, and it seems kind of obvious that this would be here. The problem is as follows: say you have a piece of pixel art, or footage from an emulator on an old system, and it's at a really low resolution. In the attached image, I represent that with the pixel art balloon labeled "Original".
    In both of those cases, it's usual to upscale it, because otherwise the image would be really small. In After Effects, this is easy: scale the footage up using the "draft" quality. In other programs, this is also called Point…

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Warp stabilizer constantly makes me analyze twice

Whenever I analyze for warp stabilizer, it finishes and IMMEDIATELY tells me that I need to analyze again. So, my current workflow requires that I have to sit through the analyzation process twice EVERY time. Does anyone else have this? Am I just doing something wrong?

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Effects & Transitions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. When creating rectangular masks in the effect controls' Opacity section, holding shift and dragging a rectangles' sides breaks 90° angles.

Unlike other Adobe programs, where users can highlight a mask's anchor points and confidently maintain its angles (especially a square or rectangles' 90° angles), the angles within the mask effect in Premiere become slightly skewed when holding shift and dragging anchor points within an individual x or y axis.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Provide the ability to flip clips within the bin rather than just the in the timeline using effects.

Often when I record footage on my action camera (DJI Osmo Action) the footage gets flipped 180 because the rotation is set to auto and it thinks it needs to be flipped. So when importing my clips into Premiere Pro, I can't rotate them until I bring the full flip into the timeline. This is difficult as i'm assembling and building my timeline.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Why can't I keyframe tracking or kerning in graphics?

Add key-framing to kerning or tracking in the graphics/effects panel

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Effects & Transitions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Keyboard shortcut for Effects & Presets PLEEEEEASE!!! : )

Hello. I'd like to see a master key to assign effects OR a way to map effects and presets to the keyboard using the Keyboard Shortcut tool.

I've submitted this request before having come from Final Cut Pro and it was a huuuuuge time saver for me in the editing process as I used this feature on FCP multiple multiple times on every single edit I did, every day, and I can't imagine others would not have the same reason for using it as me and I likely very frustrated at how long it takes to apply the Warp Stabiliser…

503 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

37 comments  ·  Effects & Transitions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Built in Noise reduction for Premiere

Have some kind of built in video noise reduction on premiere would be great.That way you won't have no buy a 3rd party plugin or use after effects Thank you guys for everything you do.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Source timecode effect or more advanced timecode effect

Need a better TC filter to be able to display burn-ins on exported sequences for source clip TC, with selection of various source tracks

7 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Warp Stabilizer offsets frame location

Premiere 13.1.5- working in a triptych layout for a museum installation. Full HD has been shrunk to 33%. I have left, center and right images laid out for color correction and tweaks.

I applied the Warp Stabilizer to a center screen image with these settings:

Result: Smooth Motion

Smoothness- 50%

Method - Position, Scale, Rotation

Preserve Scale- unchecked

Borders>Framing- Stabilize, Crop, Auto-Scale

Auto-scale (112.5%)

I've converted the project to Premiere 14 to do final review. At the point where this stabilized screen appears it shifts to the upper left during playback. When I stop playback, it appears right back where…

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Up/Down keys are interpreted differently from the Numpad Up/Down - please make it the same!

When you use the keyboard up and down keys in the value fields of an effect, you change the value by 1. shift-up/down changes it by 10.

On the numpad up/down keys this doesnt work.

Please make the numpad up/down work the same way the regular up/down work.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 23 24
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base