Premiere Pro

Welcome to the Adobe Premiere Pro feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the Premiere Pro team via this UserVoice page and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Premiere Pro community forum.

How can we improve Premiere Pro?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Nearest neighbor scaling (sampling) - simple and vital

After Effects allows you to use Bicubic, bilinear, and nearest neighbor ("draft") for scaling. (Also known as "sampling" or "interpolation.")

Premiere should absolutely have the option for the Motion effect to use Nearest Neighbor. (It would still be bicubic by default, as it is now.)

This is very important for sprite art, screenshots, screen recordings, etc.

Here is a forum thread on the issue from 2012, where most people unfortunately don't even understand what the problem is:
    https://forums.adobe.com/thread/1061901

NOTE: The TRANSFORM effect currently has the option for bilinear and bicubic. It would be good to add nearest neighbor here, but…

94 votes
    Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2 comments  ·  Effects & Transitions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    • Have Premiere Pro warn you if you are starting an export when a clip has the warp stabilizer "warning" across it.

I've found clips with warp stabilizer on them can flip to "needs to be analyzed" for no reason, and that warning getting baked into your exported footage is absurd.

212 votes
      Sign in
      Check!
      (thinking…)
      Reset
      or sign in with
      • facebook
      • google
        Password icon
        Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Effects & Transitions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
      • STOP SWITCHING TO THE NEXT CLIP WHEN I'M TRYING TO MANIPULATE KEYFRAMES

This is super annoying. I create a keyframe, let's say a motion keyframe. Set it to 50. Then create another one, set it to 100 and put it at the end of the clip. Then I scroll to the second keyframe and suddenly, Premiere has switched me to the next clip in the timeline for some reason. This is so annoying. Even moreso when I'm using my mouse to move the scrubber around, sometimes it juts me all the way to the end of the timeline. I can't imagine a scenario where I would want this behavior.

240 votes
        Sign in
        Check!
        (thinking…)
        Reset
        or sign in with
        • facebook
        • google
          Password icon
          Signed in as (Sign out)

Under Review  ·  34 comments  ·  Effects & Transitions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
        • Auto keyframe should be OFF! By default it should be off!

The autokeyframe by default on things loke opacity has been a source of many a frustrations for me.

I set an opacity value. Then later I change it. Play it back and I wonder why it isn't set where I wanted. So I open it up an goddammit the autokeyframe was on by default so to get rid of it I push the stop watch and that warning is thrown right at my face. I never wanted the keyframes in the first place so why did you assume I would, adobe?!

This problem would not be nearly as aggravating if…

271 votes
          Sign in
          Check!
          (thinking…)
          Reset
          or sign in with
          • facebook
          • google
            Password icon
            Signed in as (Sign out)

24 comments  ·  Effects & Transitions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
          • Warp stabilizer

Warp Stabilizer needs to be able to automatically adjust to different resolution footage inside of the same timeline. I waste an obscene amount of time manually nesting footage, going into that comp, resizing the nested sequence to match the clip, and then applying warp stabilizer, and then going back to my original timeline, and then scaling the nested sequence to this sequence size. Its a massive hassle and waste of time. Build a feature that allows it to do all of that automatically in the effect panel.

389 votes
            Sign in
            Check!
            (thinking…)
            Reset
            or sign in with
            • facebook
            • google
              Password icon
              Signed in as (Sign out)

50 comments  ·  Effects & Transitions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

What you’re suggesting would lead to a full on revision of the feature – therefore I’d like to ask a couple of additional questions:
              what kind of footage do you usually try to stabilize with the Warp Stabilizer? And how much tweaking of the settings do you do on average?

Thanks
              Patrick

• Keyboard shortcut for Effects & Presets PLEEEEEASE!!! : )

Hello. I'd like to see a master key to assign effects OR a way to map effects and presets to the keyboard using the Keyboard Shortcut tool.

I've submitted this request before having come from Final Cut Pro and it was a huuuuuge time saver for me in the editing process as I used this feature on FCP multiple multiple times on every single edit I did, every day, and I can't imagine others would not have the same reason for using it as me and I likely very frustrated at how long it takes to apply the Warp Stabiliser…

370 votes
              Sign in
              Check!
              (thinking…)
              Reset
              or sign in with
              • facebook
              • google
                Password icon
                Signed in as (Sign out)

28 comments  ·  Effects & Transitions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
              • Time remapping faster than 1000%

It'd be nice to ramp faster than 1000%

254 votes
                Sign in
                Check!
                (thinking…)
                Reset
                or sign in with
                • facebook
                • google
                  Password icon
                  Signed in as (Sign out)

31 comments  ·  Effects & Transitions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                • Ability to add and modify Lumetri Color to the group of clips

When I have a group of shots from the same location I should be able to add and modify the Lumetri Color Effect for all of them at once. Regardless of their position on the timeline. You could add it in the Lumetri panel next to the Master tab. Design three buttons here. Default “Clip” level button. “Master” level button and a “Group” level button. I think this is doable and would make the color correction/grading process more efficient.

44 votes
                  Sign in
                  Check!
                  (thinking…)
                  Reset
                  or sign in with
                  • facebook
                  • google
                    Password icon
                    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Effects & Transitions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                  • A hotkey to enable/disable all or selected effects in timeline.

I'd love to be able to turn off all (or at least the GPU intensive) effects when I'm editing.

11 votes
                    Sign in
                    Check!
                    (thinking…)
                    Reset
                    or sign in with
                    • facebook
                    • google
                      Password icon
                      Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Effects & Transitions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                    • save transtitions as favorites

I have presets for transitions i have downloaded and NEED to save them as favorites and or presets. i tweak them, change them and need to save them. How is this not a thing as it was so prevalent in Final Cut?!

32 votes
                      Sign in
                      Check!
                      (thinking…)
                      Reset
                      or sign in with
                      • facebook
                      • google
                        Password icon
                        Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Effects & Transitions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                      • Select audio transitions applied to multi channel clip with ONE click

We take it for granted that clicking on a clip in the timeline selects ALL the tracks belonging to the clip (when "Linked Selection" is turned on). However, if you have an audio transition applied to a clip, clicking on the audio transition selects ONLY the one track on which you click. For example, if I have a clip of six linked mono audio tracks, I have to shift select the audio transition applied to each channel. Every other NLE I've used does not behave this way. It should only take ONE click to select the transition that has been…

21 votes
                        Sign in
                        Check!
                        (thinking…)
                        Reset
                        or sign in with
                        • facebook
                        • google
                          Password icon
                          Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Effects & Transitions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                        • Need an "Analyze all" button for all Warp Stabilizer and Morph Cut effects in a Sequence

I very often modify clips later that have had Warp Stabilizer applied to them (especially when adding transitions to a sequence last). I then have to go back through very long sequences, perform an effects search, and manually click Analyze. It would be great if there was an "analyze all" button to analyze all effects in a sequence including Morph Cut. Thank you!

62 votes
                          Sign in
                          Check!
                          (thinking…)
                          Reset
                          or sign in with
                          • facebook
                          • google
                            Password icon
                            Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Effects & Transitions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                          • Morph Cut - Analyzing progress bar

Please give us a progress bar for morph cut's analyzing so we have a clue how long it will take to finish.

9 votes
                            Sign in
                            Check!
                            (thinking…)
                            Reset
                            or sign in with
                            • facebook
                            • google
                              Password icon
                              Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Effects & Transitions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                            • Please add back the percentages feature in Dip To Black/White transition. Why break it?

The percentages feature in the Dip to Black / White transition was so handy. I was able to set percentages to how I wanted each transition to end.

29 votes
                              Sign in
                              Check!
                              (thinking…)
                              Reset
                              or sign in with
                              • facebook
                              • google
                                Password icon
                                Signed in as (Sign out)

25 comments  ·  Effects & Transitions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                              • Add Motion Blur (Shutter Angle) To Default Motion Panel

It already exists in the effects>distort>transform tool, but it would be really great to incorporate it into the default motion effect, especially for quick GFX and title integration.

47 votes
                                Sign in
                                Check!
                                (thinking…)
                                Reset
                                or sign in with
                                • facebook
                                • google
                                  Password icon
                                  Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Effects & Transitions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                • Apply effect on entire Video and Audio tracks without affecting single clips

The ability to apply an effect on an entire video / audio track without have to always go to each clip or paste attributes because is a longer process.

Sony vegas Pro already has this ability and for me is a huge time saver in certain situations.

would be nice the ability to move video and audio tracks aswell.

6 votes
                                  Sign in
                                  Check!
                                  (thinking…)
                                  Reset
                                  or sign in with
                                  • facebook
                                  • google
                                    Password icon
                                    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Do NOT remove the "Obsolete" Audio Effects, especially the denoising ones

I appreciate Adobe always trying to improve the software and come with new effects, but not all of them are good enough to replace the old ones, now deemed obsolete. For me this is the case with DeNoiser (Obsolete), which is unbeatable at quickly and easily reducing high frequency hiss, and Adaptive Noise Reduction (Obsolete), which is more configurable and often gives better results than the new Denoiser.
                                    I noticed all the "Obsolete" Audio Effects have been removed in the last version of PP 2018, I hope they will not disappear from other versions too.

6 votes
                                    Sign in
                                    Check!
                                    (thinking…)
                                    Reset
                                    or sign in with
                                    • facebook
                                    • google
                                      Password icon
                                      Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Effects & Transitions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                    • Bug - Rendered video transitions showing Media Pending

Applying a transition (dissolve, morph cut, etc) and then rendering the timeline results in a "Media Pending" graphic showing up over the duration of the transition. Deleting render files doesn't resolve this.

iMac Retina 5k (late 2014)
                                      OS X 10.13.6
                                      Premiere 13.0

10 votes
                                      Sign in
                                      Check!
                                      (thinking…)
                                      Reset
                                      or sign in with
                                      • facebook
                                      • google
                                        Password icon
                                        Signed in as (Sign out)

• Parenting Motion Effects

In After Effects, there is a really simple solution that enables you to parent layers to others. For example, if you want to create a small zoom on a sequence without a camera, you can parent all of the background layers to the text, easy.

However, what is not easy is editing in After Effects, meaning, for simple text based video's for social media, Premiere Pro is preferred, for it's editing capabilities, where AE falls apart.

Where I think Adobe are missing the mark here, is a way to quickly parent layers to others.

For example, the video I'm doing…

4 votes
                                        Sign in
                                        Check!
                                        (thinking…)
                                        Reset
                                        or sign in with
                                        • facebook
                                        • google
                                          Password icon
                                          Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Effects & Transitions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                        • Time remapping by dragging playhead

I've always found it pretty cool how you can drag the playhead around to manipulate time and create a stop motion style effect, where you have very precise control over timing. I would love it if Adobe would implement an effect where you could effectively 'record' you dragging your playhead around and play it back as a video effect.

3 votes
                                          Sign in
                                          Check!
                                          (thinking…)
                                          Reset
                                          or sign in with
                                          • facebook
                                          • google
                                            Password icon
                                            Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Effects & Transitions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                          ← Previous 1 3 4 5 14 15
                                          • Don't see your idea?

Please do not use your Adobe ID and password.

Feedback and Knowledge Base