Skip to content

Premiere Pro

ANNOUNCEMENT - This forum has been moved

In an effort to improve communications between you and the Premiere Pro team, we are moving this feedback forum to the Premiere Pro page on the Adobe Support Community. As requested, bugs and feature requests will be able to live separately in that forum.

This move is happening in part to acknowledge that we haven't been responsive enough here, and are combining our forums to help remedy that. Ideas and their attached comments from this UserVoice forum will be migrated based on how many voted for them. Check your profile on the Adobe Support Community to see any migrated posts that you've created or commented on. If you have an item here that did not make the migration, please bring it over to our new home.

See you soon on the Adobe Support Forum!

12 results found

1. Bug Issue: Premiere Pro 22.1.2 working with .mxf XAVC-I files

I've worked with these files fine in Premiere v15.4.1 and did not have this issue but since updating earlier this month to v22.1.2 I've had several issues with Premiere errors while editing and random crashes without warning or pinwheel of death.

Most common error is "Unable to access resource "SErrorXlND@2x'(type svg)" Attached screen shot below. Once this error occurs I almost always have to completely restart Premiere.

It also has made it nearly impossible to export a finished project from both Premiere and Media Encoder. When doing so it will hang up at some point in…

67 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

67 comments  ·  Editing  ·  Admin →

The issue that was originally causing this issue has been resolved. However, we do see some issues with playback errors like this that are machine specific. If you're still seeing this error (or something like it), please post a question about it, with specifics about your Premiere Pro version, OS, and media format, on the main support forum:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro/ct-p/ct-premiere-pro

We're particularly interested to know if customers are seeing this issue with LongGOP footage or Intraframe footage or both. 

LongGOP formats can be challenging to play back smoothly, particularly if you are using 10-bit 4:2:2, as this format is only hardware accelerated by Apple silicon Macs, and 11th gen or later Intel Core processors that have Quick Sync enabled. 

However, while we might expect to see dropped frames when playing back LongGOP formats on computers that don't support hardware acceleration, you should not see error messages and it's this issue we'd…

2. Unable to paste video clips onto other tracks even after toggling track targeting

I can't paste clips onto separate timelines at all with the latest update. Everything pastes into V1 despite what I toggle on the track targeting.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Resolved  ·  1 comment  ·  Editing  ·  Admin →
  3. BUG: Playback audio glitch then force quit

This is on a Mac Studio M1 Ultra.

Playback at timecode 00:34:47:20 causes an audio glitch and then no audio plays. The video keeps playing. When pause or trying to click on other video content, nothing will pause or playback. Then Premiere needs to be force quit to get the application to close.

I've tried all types of different clips and formats they all glitch at that moment. I've also reinstalled Premiere multiple times.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Editing  ·  Admin →
  4. Adobe should have an option like google docs where two or more people can edit the same file at the same time.

There should an option for multiple people editing one file at the same time

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Can't change the font-weight in open caption

When directly changing the font-weight in open caption window (not the import or export settings), it seems that some font-weight options cannot be selected.

For example, Ping Fang SC has 6 font-weights, but only the semi-bold is selectable. When I try to use another font-weight like light, it shows that "light" has been selected, but the change of the caption does not present in the monitor, and when I re-open the open caption window, it goes back to semi-bold again.

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Editing  ·  Admin →
  6. Open Caption Bugs!

Please fix the mouse disappearing while writing and moving open captions, also there is a bug with adding additional captions and the open caption tab believing there is no more space to add an additional caption.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Anamorphic pixel aspect ratio is broken

When I resize an anamorphic footage, the viewer acts very strange. (Screen Recorder didn't record the window where I chose 2.0 Ana Aspect Ratio in Modify \ Interpret Footage)

Windows 10 19041.630
    Premiere 14.5.0 (51)

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. 16 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Editing  ·  Admin →
  9. captioning tool

Please fix the captioning tool. It is way behind the competition with other NLEs. It is insane that the captions are nested and if you do one change to a subtitle you have to render all of them again. Have a look at avid and davinci resolve for how they work. Also when importing an srt it does not automatically find the time code but instead you have to manually drag the layer to the starting point.
    We find ourselves having to finish on a different NLE just to output.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Premiere 13 has incorrect timecode for Sony a7sII clips

Premiere 13 has been exporting broken XMLs that don't work in Premiere 12 or Resolve. I finally figured out why: look at the source window monitor on the left (Premiere 12) and on the right (Premiere 13). 10 seconds and some frames off. Resolve lines up with Premiere 12's timecode.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Editing  ·  Admin →
  11. When adding a new caption, inserting it at the playhead location, not directly after the previous caption.

Almost always, my playhead is at the location I want to insert the new caption. This would cut out an entire step. Our team spends so much time captioning that this would be a major time-saver.

(Happy to provide clarification, or answer any questions on this minor improvement.)

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Editing  ·  Admin →
  12. Please update your help pages so that it makes sense to a newcomer like me. Windows> Workspaces> Titles does not exist.

Please update your online help pages so that it makes sense to a newcomer like me. Windows> Workspaces> Titles does not exist.
    I would like to create a title and have watched all youtube videos, none of them make sense to me.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Premiere Pro

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base