Skip to content

Premiere Pro

ANNOUNCEMENT - This forum is moving

In an effort to improve communications between you and the Premiere Pro team, we are moving this feedback forum to the Premiere Pro page on the Adobe Support Community. As requested, bugs and feature requests will be able to live separately in that forum.

This move is happening in part to acknowledge that we haven't been responsive enough here, and we are combining our forums to help remedy that. Ideas and their attached comments from this UserVoice forum will be migrated based on how many people voted for them. Check your profile on the Adobe Support Community to see any migrated posts that you've created or commented on. If you have an item here that did not make the migration, please bring it over to our new home.

See you soon on the Adobe Support Forum!

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

2215 results found

1. Warp Stabilizer: Never Good Enough: Why Cannot Be As Good as DaVinci Stabilizer or ProDad Mercalli

• Premiere Pro 2022.04
    • have Intel Core i7-1165G7 (11th Gen) 16GB Ram, 475 Gb, SSD, Laptop with 2GB external graphic card

Premiere Pro Warp Stabilizer has been extremely slow ( does not even work at all in some clips longer than few seconds long) whereas DaVinci or stand-alone ProDad stabilizer (add-on Prodad no longer works fine in the recent versions of Premiere PRO - no thanks to Adobe) in my laptop

Some will say "why don't I get a more powerful processor/system"
    I'd say "why doesn't Adobe get their act together and code it good enough to work properly, requiring less…

18 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

4 comments  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Playhead/Playback Function - *STOP moving/Snapping timeline to playhead*

When I press Play and watch playback and Playhead moves downs the timeline and off the screen(Past the timeline preview selected area) and I stop the playback my whole timeline snaps to where the playhead ended up. Then I have to move my timeline back to where it was.

So I tried to see if I could instead of hitting stop maybe just click on Where I want the playhead to return without pressing stop but then it still stops the video play back and snaps my timeline it to where the playhead is at that moment.

I have spent…

19 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Realtime update of the Timeline when Dynamic Trimming

Dynamic trimming would be more useful if the Timeline would update in real time while "playing the trim", showing the length of the material left.
    The current approach (Timeline is updated only after the trimming is done) feels very rudimentary and is not as useful as it could be. Even when one does Dynamic Trimming, visual information on what's going on in the Timeline is useful and necessary.
    The current behaviour also makes the software feel somehow "unresponsive" and not connected to what it's happening.

This is also true for other trimming operations done in the timeline with the mouse…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Premiere Pro CC 2022 crashes on Fast Forward

When I hit the "L" key to fast-forward while playing on the timeline, and hit about 4x speed, the audio stops scrubbing (I think this is normal), followed by Premiere Pro locking up. There's no way to halt the playback at this point, and eventually Premiere Pro locks the entire system - even the mouse cursor won't move. If I shutdown/restart fast enough (after Premiere locks, but before the entire system locks), I can get a reboot to happen. Otherwise it's the reset switch.

It is very similar to the problem described here, except I'm running Premiere Pro 2022 on…

38 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14 comments  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Markers with duration add snap and go to ending marker support

Marker durations are great for measuring time for music cues, preparing a list of cuts given the duration to meet for a broadcast shows, different networks require different durations. Markers with duration work great except when you want to snap or go to the ending of a durated marker. The snap doesn't regard the ending durated marker. Neither does go to marker, only the beginning of the marker is snapped.
    I'd request to include the ending position of durated markers in the snap to timecode and include the go to marker to go to the next marker head, not just…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Autosave crashes Premiere Pro as of 2022 Update

Autosave crashes Premiere Pro as of 2022 Update. Every time it auto saves the bar freezes and I am forced to quit Premiere, losing my save. This happens on my computer at work and at home, as well as my freinds computers.

17 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Bug: warp stabilizer is broken after update to v23.0. About 5-10% of clips I applied WS to show a black frame at their ends in program win.

Bug: warp stabilizer is broken after update to v23.0.

About 5% of clips I applied warp stabilizer to show one black frame at their end in the program window.

I tried exporting this part to see if it's just a visual glitch -- they won't export! An error message mentioning GPU is shown. (attached)

As a workaround, I tried extending the problematic clip by 1 frame, and putting the next clip in above layer, overlapping by that one black frame. The problem still persists! The black frame is visible through the top layer clip, which shouldn't be possible.

After playing…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Batch Syncing Audio & Video with or without timecode

There should be a way to batch sync videos from multiple cameras and audio sources (even if they don't have timecode and even if they are in a regular sequence and not a multi cam sequence (like when shooting interviews). Doing them clip by clip on the timeline is tedious. Would love to be able to drop clips on a timeline, select all, and sync without putting every single clip on its own track.

Maybe Premiere could move clips to a new track automatically when necessary (and perhaps be smart about it so that if it does move clips to…

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Video Clip Logging

With the sunsetting of Prelude, I'm looking for a solution that will streamline the editing experience in Adobe Premiere. The idea is a pre production tool that will enable a creator to limit the amount of media ingested into a project. Prelude provided an opportunity to clip source files and re-label files. It allowed us to be selective and organize files granularly. Whether this would exist in media encoder or a feature in premiere, it would be a huge help.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Easier transcripting in Premiere Pro, equal to PreLude.

We are, in NRK (Norwegian Broadcasting company), working on several big documentary-projects, where transcripting interviews is key to keep an overview of all the interviews and quotes. PreLude, which is a discontinued application, had a good workflow in using the playback-features on an interview while writing the transcript. In Premiere Pro, this is more complicated because we have to stop the video, open the "Comment Marker"-window, write, close the window and play the video again, as in PreLude you could do all this at the same time. If this function was available in Premiere Pro as well, we too could…

20 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Multichannel Mapping - Ability to change sequences

The ability to change multichannel mapping without having to re-create new sequences and redo all of your sequences!

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Phantom Playhead

It would be great to have a «phantom playhead» than when, while playback is on, while the timeline is being played, can allow the user to, keep using editing actions that requires playhead.

Also, nobody likes playback stopping while saving.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Playhead resetting after clicking timeline

This never used to be an issue with older versions but it is now with the latest version (22.4.0)

If the timeline is playing and you scrub ahead and click on a new location on the timeline, it won't set the playhead where you clicked, it stops and takes you to where the playhead was when you clicked on the timeline. The only time it doesn't do this is when the playhead is in view. But if you click anywhere on the timeline while the timeline is playing and it is out of view, it stops playing and centers the…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Have a "Reveal in Sequences" option in the Project media bin

Just like you have a "Reveal in Project" option for a clip on a sequence, have a "Reveal in Sequences" option in the project media bin.

And this Feedback system is rather clunky

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Vertical Lock

Being able to vertically lock sections of the timeline would be HUGE. Always afraid of accidentally messing up sections I've finished previously while i'm working further down the line. You can lock tracks horizontally which is very useful, but being able to lock clips vertically would be incredibly useful also and give us peace of mind on big projects

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Media bin Freeform view layout lock

Hi,
    first...I know about the ability to save layouts in the Freeform media bin view but I would like a feature, where you can lock the freeform view in the current state so that you can't drag clips around. This would reduce the chance of me randomly moving clips and having to reset to layout

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Ripple Cut

It has been far too long and still we don't have a Ripple Cut in Premiere. There is a Ripple Paste and na Ripple Delete but why is there now Ripple Cut? I understand there are ways around it (Copy, Ripple Delete) but the point of fast editing is to not have to take an extra step. It seems like such an easy thing to add. Please add this as I am sure many editors would utilize it. Final Cut 7 had a Ripple Cut and I used it everyday.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Make precise source patching a simple operation

Create a "patch sources to selected track/clip" function. This way I can click a track in the timeline, press one button on my keyboard, and all video/audio sources jump down/up to that track.

(PS. Do the same thing for solo/mute/lock/record selected track).

I've keyboard shortcutted and macroed the **** out of PP. But even with my 16 button scimitar elite mouse and full fledged keyboard am I able to make a fast and precise source patching workflow. Sure - I can toggle sources on and off, move them up and down, make assignment presets and shortcuts. But why not make…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Premiere Pro cannot display accurate colors on Apple computers. This is a huge issue.

Premiere Pro does not display accurate color at all. It is oversaturated and dark. I've been through this with support, tried all the suggestions and the program cannot do the most basic function, which is display accurate color in the main window. The output over Blackmagic Decklink looks more accurate, but they should look the same or extremely close.

This situation has really ****** off my clients. It ain't so bad for me because I color in DaVInci and the output is good if you use the LUT - why do we now need to use a LUT to export…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. 2 votes

We're glad you're here