Premiere Pro

Welcome to the Adobe Premiere Pro feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the Premiere Pro team via this UserVoice page and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Premiere Pro community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. A “ghost playhead" which ALWAYS marks the timeline location of the currently displayed frame

(Perhaps "current view indicator" is a better name than "ghost playhead.")

Here is the problem: The (cyan, user-controlled) playhead does NOT necessarily correlate to the frame that is being shown in the program or source monitor.

Sometimes, an old frame continues to be displayed, even though the user clicked elsewhere on the timeline (or "time ruler," as Premiere calls it.)

Depending upon computer specs, network bandwidth and latency, video codec, and other factors, it can sometimes take several seconds for the chosen frame to actually load and be displayed.

In the meantime, users need some kind of indication as to…

143 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

4 comments  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Ability to import a folder of proxies and have them interpreted as Cam Orig framesize

Greetings! Like many other folks, we are remote shooting with camera crews and need to quickly get proxies from set that our editors can access quickly and start editing with. A common usecase is the proxies that the Canon C300 MK2 camera generates internally and records to an SD card. The camera originals are 3840x2160 and 400 MBS (23.98 fps, with 4 channels of audio). The proxies are 1920x1080. matching audio channels and framerate and 24 MBS, quite a bit smaller! We want to download these small proxies from set and have Premiere treat them as “attached proxies” even though…

29 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16 comments  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Adobe Premiere Pro Animatics functionalities request

That post is a follow up of the questions I asked to Karle Soule and Van Bediant on a recent Keycode Media PP event.

Animation is a market that is getting bigger and bigger every year, and a lot of people uses premiere for Animatics and Offline. But you do have to do a bit of workaround as PP is not designed to be Animatics friendly (around 1200 jpegs on a timeline for a 11min ep), and this is why you are in competition with Storyboard Pro for Animatics, as some studio move to Premiere just for the HD/final render…

18 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. In Transcript: Export to text file - must include Timecode info!

In Transcript: Export to text file.. To make this useful it needs to take CLIP NAME (when multiple clips on sequence timeline i.e. all takes) and most importantly TIMECODE info across so my (old school) documentary director can make a paper edit from interviews etc. Then provide me with clip names and time codes to build the assembly. (often barked down the phone!)

If I was self-directing and doing a project entirely within Premier. fine, I wouldn't need to export anything.
    But filmmaking is a collaboration and the director doesn't want to touch the edit program but happy to look…

23 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. New shortcuts to choose where to PASTE 'on the fly'! (highest, lowest or same video track)

Timeline pasting is a daily, 'everybody-uses-it' editing function. So why has it still not been improved?

Vastly improving pasting is simple: Give users the ability to choose 'on the fly' where they want their media pasted or insert-pasted:
    1. on the lowest enabled track (current behavior)
    2. on the highest enabled track
    3. on the same track in was copied from

By providing new shortcut options, EVERYONE would be happy:
    1. Users who like the current way pasting works wouldn't notice any difference.
    2. Users who want media pasted to the highest enabled track where there's always the most free…

109 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17 comments  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Improve Snapping in Effect Controls Window! (so it doesn't jump to next clip, etc.)

There are 2 ways the Effect Controls Window workflow could be greatly improved, simply by improving Snapping:

1. When moving the playhead to the end of a clip in the ECW, dragging a keyframe to the end, or jumping to the end with the 'Go to next edit point' shortcut, the playhead and/or keyframe should automatically snap to the beginning of the last frame rather than to the end of it. This way, the clip loaded in the ECW remains visible in the Program Monitor, rather than the ECW and Program Monitor jumping to the next clip!

2. When turning off 'Pin…

79 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16 comments  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Orange colour casting/change Bug with canon cinema raw lite files in latest update 15.4.0

I've recently noticed a strange colour change with the latest update where, even though my raw settings haven't changed over multiple projects, they're all getting an orange colour cast.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Make Premiere compatible with at least ONE older Version.

I like to have my Premiere Version compatible with at least ONE older Version. Right now it is not. Also it should connect to older AE via Dynamic Link.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. export transcription as Word doc, pdf and text WITH timecode

I would love it if we could export a transcription from the new transcription window as a Word doc, a pdf, and a text file that includes the timecode

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Separate Motion > Position: X and Y values

When adding position keyframes we should be able to separate the X and Y values to control each individually.
    *Note: This is already available in After Effects.

This is useful to control Temporal or Spatial interpolation independently, e.g. apply easing to Y values while using linear for X values.
    This is also useful to change one axis value without effecting the other, e.g. Being able to keyframe Y values at 0:00 and 0:10 and keyframe X values at 0:05 and 0:15.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Create single Multicamera Source Sequence while syncing with audio

At the moment you can only use “Create single Multicamera Source Sequence” while syncing with timecode and the metadata of “Camera Label” and “Camera Angle”. In our production environment it would be very helpful if we had those same options while synchronizing using audio because if you synchronize your clips via audio and want to use them in a browse sequence, it sadly loses its multicamera properties.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Could we use Adobe Sensei to timecode an existing transcript?

I often film and edit pieces to camera that are scripted and read off autocue - therefore a transcription exists. It would be great if Adobe Sensei could be used to create and time captions from a text file as an option start all over and do AI speech to text for an existing transcript?
    The AI speech to text is great but may get 100% accuracy if script is provided?
    I can see the "Import a transcript" option but it's maybe just not working in the Beta yet?

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Middle mouse button to zoom/move Program Monitor image (just like in AE!)

After Effects users can zoom and move their Composition around by scrolling or click dragging their mouse's middle button.

This is extremely helpful, so why not have the same features in Premiere in the Program and Source Monitors?

Wherever possible, Adobe should strive to provide the greatest amount of compatible features between programs!

ps. Adobe rep Bruce Bullis need not respond with another silly comment as he did to decline another FR requesting the same thing: "Most users don’t have middle mouse buttons, which makes it hard for us to rely on its presence." If there's enough AE users with…

21 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Proxies created from clips with 4-channel audio have audio channels wrong

I have footage with 4-channel audio. These clips are from a Sony PXW-X70 and a Canon C70. When I add these clips to my timeline and play them, I see all 4 bars in the audio meters move, and I hear all 4 channels of audio. See screenshot 1.

If I create proxies using the Premiere built-in presets (QuickTime / ProRes High Res Proxy), then the proxies for the 4-channel clips have all the audio channels mapped to channel 1. Only the channel 1 bar moves, and I hear the audio all from the left speaker. See screenshot 2.

Switching…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Dynamic Spell Check!

It should be a standard part of any software application. A typo in a video or article or on a poster is the kiss of death. Once you've made that impression with the public, it is hard to erase. Since Adobe is using AI to streamline the experience for users, it seems like a minor task to employ dynamic spell check in all its applications. PLEASE make this part of an update.

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Looping video clips

Similar to how there is the ability to loop compositions in after effects, there should also be the ability to loop video clips in premiere pro without needing to copy and paste the same clip over and over in the timeline.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Better Program Monitor Snapping to Sequence Boundaries and Guides (Snap to Guides)

• Ability to snap footage to Sequence boundaries
    • Ability to snap footage to Guides
    • Ability to snap mask edges/points to Guides
    • Ability to snap pen tool to guides
    18 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Automatically analyse voice transcription against a script

When using the transcription function in the Text panel, could the AI compare the transcript to a pre-existing script?

My use-case is: a scripted voice over narration needs transcribing for captioning. The transcription function works very well and is massively time-saving, but is not completely accurate and requires reviewing and correcting.

Editing the transcription in the Text panel is a somewhat clunky experience.

An option to reference the transcript agains the VO script would ideally function such that inaccuracies are identified and automatically corrected - or at least flagged - by the AI.

Another similar use-case would be scripted dialogue.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Numeric entry for various timecodes

For being able to navigate in your source material mor efficiently it would be good to have an option to change the type of timecode you want to enter numerically. Especially when you made a sequence of your "raw" footage having only the master TC of said sequence is sadly not helpful at all.

An option where you could switch the type of timecode (source video tc, source audio tc, etc.) you want to enter or jump to would be extremely useful and valuable

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 93 94
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base