Premiere Pro

Welcome to the Adobe Premiere Pro feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the Premiere Pro team via this UserVoice page and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Premiere Pro community forum.

How can we improve Premiere Pro?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Display audio track and video together in the source monitor

Displaying audio tracks and video together in the source monitor would save a lot of time when scrubbing through source footage to find the moments when the talent starts speaking. Currently I toggle the source monitor to display the audio tracks, set my IN and return back to video view.
    Attached is a Photoshop mock-up of my ideal.

142 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: facebook google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

11 comments  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. X-Rite ColorChecker Plug-in for Premiere Pro CC?

When will support for quick color matching using color charts like the X-Rite ColorChecker be added to Premiere Pro CC?

262 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

51 comments  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

This is a great request that is certainly something we want to implement. Rest assured our engineers DO understand the importance of this feature and how to get the job done. We also know that the performance and stability of the app should be our #1 priority and that is where our focus is right now.

3. 'Paste onto same track' shortcut

Put the interview on V1, b-roll on V2, titles on V3 - track organisation finished! Not with PPro. You have to turn tracks on and off every time you paste something.

At least give us a 'paste onto same track it was copied from' shortcut.

Alternatively, when no track is selected make it the same as when all tracks are selected except that clips paste onto the same track they were copied from. Currently no-tracks-selected mode is useless (you can't even add edits with the keyboard) so you wouldn't be taking anything away from anyone.

158 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under Review  ·  26 comments  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Background rendering

Background rendering like Final Cut Pro would be nice. If you do nothing for a few seconds, it would be good if premiere calculates effects in the background automatically. It saves a lot of rendertime in the end.

431 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Better audio management for multicam sequence

We need a professionnal way to edit a multicam sequence into a target sequence with all the audio tracks included in the multicam sequence.

If my multicam sequence have 6 audio tracks, I have to copy them from the multicam sequence and paste them into the target sequence, and cut multicam image + these "unlinked" audio channels ...

We want to keep all the audios sources for the mixer or sound editor. But these "unlinked" audios can be a big source of problems during the cutting ... Some audios clips can be desynchronisated, crushed, erased ...

And impossible to make…

50 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. SOLVE SECOND MONITOR OUTPUT (from release 13.1)

Second monitor Output issues after updating to 13.1(build 193) or 13.1.1 ...

We cannot have output anymore to the second monitor !

I have the main monitor Dell 34" UltraSharp U3417W (3440x1440) connected in Display Port, and the second a 22" Phillips (1920x1080) connected in DVI (on a Nvidia GTX 1080 TI)

Updating Nvidia doesn't solve, inverting screen 1 to 2 doesn't solve.

Switching Display port before starting premiere permit to solve temporary, but after restart we need again to switch DP port !
    It's impossible to work like that.

Release after release, there are more and more bugs.
    Customer…

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Display waveforms for audio clips while dragging

Very simple idea, while dragging audio clips on the timeline, continually show the waveform rather than showing a blank box. This functionality is present in Audition, and is incredibly useful for manual synchronization. See attached gif for further explanation of what I mean by the "blank box".

I'm aware you can sort of already achieve this by "nudging" the audio clip, but it would be great if this were always available when dragging. Thanks!

87 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Upgrade to Premiere Pro CC 2019 no longer supports HEVC h265

All my previous content shot in HEVC or created in AE come up as audio only. This worked in 2018. I can still save the files but Premiere Pro can no longer load or display them.

19 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16 comments  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. 23 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Copy from In to Out

Additionally to Extract and Lift, copying from In point to out point would be AWESOME!

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Show Markers in the Icon Viewer Thumbnails

When I am doing a Hover Scrub, I can see my In and Out range in the Icon View, but it would be even better if I could ALSO see my markers that I add in the Source Monitor reflected on the thumbnail from the Icon View. It would allow me to quickly mark my best moments of a longer shot and either send the section of my video either directly to the sequence or to the source monitor and then into my sequence.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. bring back encore 6 again

My clients still want blue ray DVD to play on Blu-ray player. we need this program to be updated to work with latest version 2019

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Bulk edit the 'restrict trims to subclip boundaries’ setting.

It is a huge limitation to force a user to edit the 'restrict trims to subclip boundaries' setting manually one clip at a time. We should be able to select as many subclips as necessary from a bin and change this setting in bulk across multiple subclips at once.

If you are making subclips in Premiere, you are given the option to set this setting at the time of creating each subclip....but what if you want to change those settings afterward? Or, more importantly, what if you are using Adobe Prelude to make the subclips?

Adobe Prelude is significantly better/faster…

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Reorder / Rearrange Video and Audio Tracks

It would be amazing to simply grab a track and move it up or down in the order of the sequence. This was something I could do easily back when I used Vegas Pro. Occasionally, I have big, complex sequences and would like to reorder the tracks for organization purposes or for shipping off to audio master. Thanks!

112 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17 comments  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Sequence markers - several improvements

I think the sequence markers need radically overhauling. Below are three different suggestions that I think will help. I've also attached an image of how these changes will look:

Problem 1: Currently, when you use "track select forward" it ONLY selects clips and not the sequence markers. This makes the tool virtually useless, as it means your markers no longer remain in place!

Solution: "Track select forward" tool should select clips AND markers.

Problem 2: The sequence markers exist as individual objects, so to change the division of two sections requires resizing BOTH sections. Sections can also overlap, which is…

27 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Reinstate Ability to Install Encore CS6 some of us still need it!!

Have the installer for Encore still availiable. We still need it and have older projects.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Proxy workflow - interpret footage

Please make the "interpret footage" feature pass down from hi-res native footage to attached proxies. For example, if native camera footage is interpreted from 60fps down to 23.976fps, then the 60fps Premiere-generated proxies should be interpreted that way as well.

102 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

22 comments  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Add a crossfade by overlapping audio or video clips in the timeline

The current way to add and manipulate transitions on the timeline is a sort of "guess & check" method, you've got to have the right amount of handle frames before you add it, and the way it is displayed isn't very visually appealing.

I propose adding the same functionality that Audition has, where overlapping clips will automatically create a crossfade. This is an incredibly intuitive way of handling transitions, and can also be applied to Video transitions (as is done on other professional NLEs). See attached gif for an explanation of what I mean.

Currently, overlapping clips on the timeline…

27 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Slow shuttling to work as well in any Trim mode

Slow shuttling should work in any Trim mode too when editing a cut. Right now only regular shuttling works. Slow shuttling would make this far more precise.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Fix 24fps timecode generator on both effect and export settings (13.0.3.)

When doing offline editing basic thing is to be able to burn timecode on to picture. At the moment one is unable to do that in 24fps material on Premiere pro. Everything seems to be ok but timecode starts to lag what ever you do.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 43 44
  • Don't see your idea?

Please do not use your Adobe ID and password.

Feedback and Knowledge Base