Premiere Pro

Welcome to the Adobe Premiere Pro feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the Premiere Pro team via this UserVoice page and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Premiere Pro community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Display audio track and video together in the source monitor

Displaying audio tracks and video together in the source monitor would save a lot of time when scrubbing through source footage to find the moments when the talent starts speaking. Currently I toggle the source monitor to display the audio tracks, set my IN and return back to video view.
    Attached is a Photoshop mock-up of my ideal.

284 votes
    Sign in Sign in with Adobe ID
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

18 comments  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. fix auto trimming

please allow me to choose when to get into trim mode instead of automaticly doing so when i extend the edit or trim forword\backwords using the shortcuts

21 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. 50 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. X-Rite ColorChecker Plug-in for Premiere Pro CC?

When will support for quick color matching using color charts like the X-Rite ColorChecker be added to Premiere Pro CC?

447 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

90 comments  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

This is a great request that is certainly something we want to implement. Rest assured our engineers DO understand the importance of this feature and how to get the job done. We also know that the performance and stability of the app should be our #1 priority and that is where our focus is right now.

5. Custom coloured video and audio tracks

Colour labels for tracks. A feature I would find really useful in Premiere would be to assign a colour label to various tracks.

I'm a bit of an obsessive when it comes to keeping my sequences in order and since I do a lot of work with different media formats as well as working alongside lots of different industry creatives involving VFX, animation, live action, documentary and drama workflows it's crucial that I can manage all of that in the edit. So when it comes to organising all the layers of audio and video it would be really useful to…

18 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. 'Paste onto same track' shortcut

Put the interview on V1, b-roll on V2, titles on V3 - track organisation finished! Not with PPro. You have to turn tracks on and off every time you paste something.

At least give us a 'paste onto same track it was copied from' shortcut.

Alternatively, when no track is selected make it the same as when all tracks are selected except that clips paste onto the same track they were copied from. Currently no-tracks-selected mode is useless (you can't even add edits with the keyboard) so you wouldn't be taking anything away from anyone.

210 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under Review  ·  28 comments  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Give label colours less stupid names

Go in the street and ask someone what colour "Cerulean" is. Or "Iris". Or Caribbean".
    What was the process for coming up with these names?
    You have normal colours in there too (like 'Green') so why not just call dark green 'Dark green'? so when I'm customising my keyboard shortcuts (or another editor is telling me which label to look for) I can know what colour it is by looking at it with my eyes?

6 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Allow video tracks or clips to be visible in editing but not exportable.

For example, a grid track or other reference image could be visible while editing, but could be set to be not exportable.

This would follow conventions already set by many other 2-D and 3-D graphics programs that allow reference layers like grids, bleed marks and registration marks to be visible while editing but not printable.

Each video track could have an "export disable" button, for instance, that would allow the track to be visible in editing. Or it could be clip-based.

10 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Background rendering

Background rendering like Final Cut Pro would be nice. If you do nothing for a few seconds, it would be good if premiere calculates effects in the background automatically. It saves a lot of rendertime in the end.

498 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12 comments  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Set Ripple End function in timeline

While editing, I need to make adjustments in timing but want to leave untouched everything to the right of a particular point. "Set Ripple End" would be a visible line across the vertical of the timeline at that point, indicating where rippling will have no effect. Clips bumping up against that point are simply truncated and everything past the line is preserved.
    This was a function in Avid DS which I found very useful.

19 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Evenly Distribute Clips within Timeline

If I need to spread out a large number of clips in the timeline, I would like the software to evenly distribute automatically. Like in Photoshop or Illustrator, Premiere might include the option to evenly distribute multiple clips within the timeline. It's a very manual process as it stands.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Marker Check Box

Have a To Do marker like Final Cut has. I have to work around it now but would love a quick checkbox to know I have reviewed the marker to-do-list.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Suggestion to add new timeline scrubbing option where scrubber stays in the centre and the timeline moves instead

This came to me as when we edit the scrubber will travel to the end of the timeline then continue at the start again, which is fine but greatly disorientate me when the clip i want to trim is at the edge. So the next frame will force the scrubber to go back to the front. For this i suggest a centred scrubber where the timeline moves instead of the scrubber, and we drag the timeline instead of the scrubber. This would be an awesome addition to premier pro. Great for people who likes to edit with the timeline expanded.

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. View timeline in Bars

I would like to be able to set my timeline to display bars (and subdivisions) depending on the selected BPM. Maybe also with some sort of a snapping function to negate the need for so many markers.

Check out the interface of Ableton or similar DAWs for reference.

This would make cutting to the beat in music videos so much easier.

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Data driven video content for localised content via Excel or google docs

This concept goes on a idea developed by DataClay plugin for AE.
    This feature allows you to automate the processing of a timeline / comp by swapping dynamic graphics or video / still files ALL via a google docs sheet or a CSV excel file.

May I propose a system whereby you have creative timeline edit with graphics supplied as a video file or image file.
    you would create a template timeline containing placeholder material which can be swapped out and replaced all via a cell sheet.

This feature would help those who do repurposing / localisation of the same…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Brief description: Allow keyboard shortcuts for Timeline Clip Right/Click Show Clip Keyframes. How would you like the feature to work? All

Brief description: Allow keyboard shortcuts for Timeline Clip Right/Click Show Clip Keyframes.

How would you like the feature to work?

Allow keyboard shortcuts for Timeline Clip Right/Click Show Clip Keyframes. I'd like to set keyboard shortcuts to alternate between Show Clip Keyframes for Opacity and Time remapping as I used both a lot and right-clicking gets old and tiring. Others are looking for this too. See this forum thread: https://forums.adobe.com/thread/2286959

Why is this feature important to you?

It should be obvious but it saves time and is ergonomically friendly for what has apparently become a people feature of the timeline.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Please add shortcut to slip frame at the playhead to beginning of clip

Often when watching a clip in the timeline I want quickly slip a key moment to the beginning of the clip. This could be a very simple "Slip clip to beginning" shortcut function, that would greatly speed refining moments in the timeline. This would also work well in combination with another user's suggestion of slipping a clip's content without slipping the keyframes of the clip.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Designate a folder for subclips

I don't know if this is a feature but if not I'd like to see it. I'd like to be able to right click on a folder and designate it as my subclip destination folder. Every time I click on a new clip for subclipping, I have to re-select the folder I'm trying to put them in. I'd like to be able to set it once and always have my subclips go into that folder.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Lock clip in time when moving between tracks

Please please please add the ability to hold a modifier key when moving clips between tracks that will lock that clip in time. The snapping feature is not reliable enough and it really slows down editing. Final Cut pro has the feature where you hold shift and you can move a clip to a new track but it will stay exactly where it is in time, which helps things from getting out of sync. It's reliable and allows you to work quickly. In Premier I constantly have to move to the head of the clip and zoom in very closely…

7 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Please update us on the Canon H265 (XF705) codec for Premiere

Adobe must inform its users on updates regarding support for future codecs and not blank out customers concerns and push these customers away to another Video platform. In marketing, you create the want for your products, ensure you create the want to stay with your products.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 53 54
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base