Premiere Pro

Welcome to the Adobe Premiere Pro feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the Premiere Pro team via this UserVoice page and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Premiere Pro community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. fix auto trimming

please allow me to choose when to get into trim mode instead of automaticly doing so when i extend the edit or trim forword\backwords using the shortcuts

45 votes
    Sign in Sign in with Adobe ID
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

23 comments  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Display audio track and video together in the source monitor

Displaying audio tracks and video together in the source monitor would save a lot of time when scrubbing through source footage to find the moments when the talent starts speaking. Currently I toggle the source monitor to display the audio tracks, set my IN and return back to video view.
    Attached is a Photoshop mock-up of my ideal.

360 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

23 comments  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. 78 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12 comments  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. X-Rite ColorChecker Plug-in for Premiere Pro CC?

When will support for quick color matching using color charts like the X-Rite ColorChecker be added to Premiere Pro CC?

510 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

111 comments  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

This is a great request that is certainly something we want to implement. Rest assured our engineers DO understand the importance of this feature and how to get the job done. We also know that the performance and stability of the app should be our #1 priority and that is where our focus is right now.

5. Keyboard shortcuts does not work with Premiere Pro Windows when IME is activated

===========================

|| Symptom

All keyboard shortcuts, including fundamental shortcuts like “J / K / L”, SpaceBar, and so on, does NOT work with Premiere Windows if IME (input method editor) is activated on Windows.

===========================

|| Why this bug is severe

For people in Japan / China / Korea, IME is used to input Japanese / Chinese / Korean texts on Windows, and it’s quite natural for Premiere uses in such countries to activate IME because of searching media files in Media Browser, creating Japanese text by Type Tool in Essential Graphics, etc.
    As you know, the keyboard shortcuts is…

8 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Custom coloured video and audio tracks

Colour labels for tracks. A feature I would find really useful in Premiere would be to assign a colour label to various tracks.

I'm a bit of an obsessive when it comes to keeping my sequences in order and since I do a lot of work with different media formats as well as working alongside lots of different industry creatives involving VFX, animation, live action, documentary and drama workflows it's crucial that I can manage all of that in the edit. So when it comes to organising all the layers of audio and video it would be really useful to…

24 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. ability to set poster frames on subclips.

there is an absolute need to be able to set poster frames on subclips. the fact that it doesn't work on subclips is counterproductive, and hinders the workflow. it simply is incomprehensible this is still not possible in Premier Pro 14.01

6 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. CRITICAL Bug Report - Premiere 14.0 Timeline Keyframe handles change behavior frustration, mistakes.

Premiere 14.0 scenario. Working in the timeline, I add a keyframe from the box at the left of the track, on the keyboard, I shift-arrow right 6 clicks. I click the add keyframe again.
    INSTEAD OF ADDING ANOTHER KEYFRAME, IT DELETES THE ONE YOU JUST ADDEDUNLESSYOU MOVE THE CURSOR OFF THE KEYFRAME BUTTON, THEN BACK ON, BEFORE YOU CLICK15 YEARS OF HIGH VOLUME PRODUCTIONMUSCLE MEMORY***I NOW HAVE TO REVIEW EVERY VIDEO AND I USUALLY HAVE TO REDO IT. NOW I HAVE TO THINK ABOUT THINGS THAT WERE AUTOMATIC FOR OVER A DECADE????? You might want…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. The clip in the source monitor should remember where you were the last time.

The clip in the source monitor should remember where you were the last time. Of course, working on film, there's a physical cut to tell you where you were, and in Avid, and Final Cut 7, reloading a clip in the source monitor brings the playhead back to the last position. It's VERY time consuming to have to relocate your position each time you go back to a clip. When working your way through a scene, it's to have to find the spot where you were. It's like parking your car, and then it's not there when you go back.…

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Please allow to nudge or move clips up and down on timeline symmetrically

so when you move a video clip up, the corresponding audio goes down. It would be very helpful

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Export Frame is a different brightness in Premiere 2020

In Premiere 2020, when you export a frame from the timeline it is a different brightness/grade to the original (lighter). You see the jump when you put it back into the timeline.
    I use this feature all the time and it has never been a problem in any of the previous versions.

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Decompose in place

Decompose in place option for nested sequences.

You could also call this 'unnest' or un-nest'. Nested sequences can be useful, and the ability to toggle on or off whether a source sequence is going to be spliced in to a current sequence as nested or unnested is a fantastic feature. However, there's another scenario whereby you wanted the cleanness and uesfulness of nested sequences while editing, thus needed nested sequences turned on, but at the end of the process need to be able to revert those nests back to their unnested form. It's currently possible to do this by opening…

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Please add Support for the Apple ProRes Raw codec.

Please add support for the new Apple ProRes RAW codec.

7 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Give label colours less stupid names

Go in the street and ask someone what colour "Cerulean" is. Or "Iris". Or Caribbean".
    What was the process for coming up with these names?
    You have normal colours in there too (like 'Green') so why not just call dark green 'Dark green'? so when I'm customising my keyboard shortcuts (or another editor is telling me which label to look for) I can know what colour it is by looking at it with my eyes?

10 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. 'Paste onto same track' shortcut

Put the interview on V1, b-roll on V2, titles on V3 - track organisation finished! Not with PPro. You have to turn tracks on and off every time you paste something.

At least give us a 'paste onto same track it was copied from' shortcut.

Alternatively, when no track is selected make it the same as when all tracks are selected except that clips paste onto the same track they were copied from. Currently no-tracks-selected mode is useless (you can't even add edits with the keyboard) so you wouldn't be taking anything away from anyone.

232 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under Review  ·  29 comments  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Add a hotkey for “go to next/previous key frame” for effect controls.

Add a hotkey for “go to next/previous key frame” for effect controls. It makes working in After Effects faster and needs to be in Premiere.

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Batch “Create Multicam Source Sequence”

Currently I can only create a single multicam source sequence at a time. I frequently work on projects with multiple lengthy clips with 4+ Camera angles. Manually multicamming them all takes a long time. It would be nice to be able to queue up a bunch and walk away while they sync.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. AE Comp Motion Blur Preview Toggle

It would be awesome to be able to toggle motion blur on and off in the Program and/or Source window while editing sequences with imported After Effects Comps. Motion blur can slow things to a crawl. It takes a lot of time to switch them all off in After Effects when you can only have one AE project open at a time.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. delete empty audio AND video tracks in multiple timelines at once from bin-level.

Delete all empty tracks on multiple timelines from bin level with a right click select or menu-select switch.

It's common in certain forms of editing to take groups of multiple clips and make them in to 'stringout' sequences that are used in editing by loading the sequence in to the source monitor in order to select from a large corpus of logically grouped footage. This is most common for scrubbing through all B-roll material for a given shoot day quickly without needing to select each B-roll clip from the bin in the project pane.

In making such sequences, the fastest…

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Keyboard shortcuts to trim the In and Out Points of clips in timeline

I just want to have a keyboard shortcut that sets the In and Out for a clip in the timeline, similar to alt+ [ and alt+ ] in After Effects (I understand those shortcuts adjust the In and Out of the work area in Premiere).

You can use Q & W keyboard shortcuts to trim and ripple a clip in the timeline but when you have clips stacked in the timeline, it ripples everything below the clip as well.

I just want to trim the selected clip and not ripple. This would be the same as using the mouse to…

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 59 60
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base