Premiere Pro

Welcome to the Adobe Premiere Pro feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the Premiere Pro team via this UserVoice page and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Premiere Pro community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Display audio track and video together in the source monitor

Displaying audio tracks and video together in the source monitor would save a lot of time when scrubbing through source footage to find the moments when the talent starts speaking. Currently I toggle the source monitor to display the audio tracks, set my IN and return back to video view.
    Attached is a Photoshop mock-up of my ideal.

182 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

13 comments  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. X-Rite ColorChecker Plug-in for Premiere Pro CC?

When will support for quick color matching using color charts like the X-Rite ColorChecker be added to Premiere Pro CC?

359 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

71 comments  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

This is a great request that is certainly something we want to implement. Rest assured our engineers DO understand the importance of this feature and how to get the job done. We also know that the performance and stability of the app should be our #1 priority and that is where our focus is right now.

3. 'Paste onto same track' shortcut

Put the interview on V1, b-roll on V2, titles on V3 - track organisation finished! Not with PPro. You have to turn tracks on and off every time you paste something.

At least give us a 'paste onto same track it was copied from' shortcut.

Alternatively, when no track is selected make it the same as when all tracks are selected except that clips paste onto the same track they were copied from. Currently no-tracks-selected mode is useless (you can't even add edits with the keyboard) so you wouldn't be taking anything away from anyone.

174 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under Review  ·  26 comments  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Background rendering

Background rendering like Final Cut Pro would be nice. If you do nothing for a few seconds, it would be good if premiere calculates effects in the background automatically. It saves a lot of rendertime in the end.

449 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. 8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. SOLVE SECOND MONITOR OUTPUT (from release 13.1)

Second monitor Output issues after updating to 13.1(build 193) or 13.1.1 ...

We cannot have output anymore to the second monitor !

I have the main monitor Dell 34" UltraSharp U3417W (3440x1440) connected in Display Port, and the second a 22" Phillips (1920x1080) connected in DVI (on a Nvidia GTX 1080 TI)

Updating Nvidia doesn't solve, inverting screen 1 to 2 doesn't solve.

Switching Display port before starting premiere permit to solve temporary, but after restart we need again to switch DP port !
    It's impossible to work like that.

Release after release, there are more and more bugs.
    Customer…

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Lock clip in time when moving between tracks

Please please please add the ability to hold a modifier key when moving clips between tracks that will lock that clip in time. The snapping feature is not reliable enough and it really slows down editing. Final Cut pro has the feature where you hold shift and you can move a clip to a new track but it will stay exactly where it is in time, which helps things from getting out of sync. It's reliable and allows you to work quickly. In Premier I constantly have to move to the head of the clip and zoom in very closely…

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Better audio management for multicam sequence

We need a professionnal way to edit a multicam sequence into a target sequence with all the audio tracks included in the multicam sequence.

If my multicam sequence have 6 audio tracks, I have to copy them from the multicam sequence and paste them into the target sequence, and cut multicam image + these "unlinked" audio channels ...

We want to keep all the audios sources for the mixer or sound editor. But these "unlinked" audios can be a big source of problems during the cutting ... Some audios clips can be desynchronisated, crushed, erased ...

And impossible to make…

58 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. remove multiple transitions

There should be an option to remove all the transitions without deleting the sequence

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Reinstate Ability to Install Encore CS6 some of us still need it!!

Have the installer for Encore still availiable. We still need it and have older projects.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Display source monitor timeline

Really useful when you load a sequence into source monitor. Don't need further explanation. It is a common procedure in AVID and other editing systems

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Upgrade to Premiere Pro CC 2019 no longer supports HEVC h265

All my previous content shot in HEVC or created in AE come up as audio only. This worked in 2018. I can still save the files but Premiere Pro can no longer load or display them.

23 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18 comments  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. bring back encore 6 again

My clients still want blue ray DVD to play on Blu-ray player. we need this program to be updated to work with latest version 2019

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Auto Cut Detection. It already existed once in Adobe CC!

This feature already existed in Speedgrade before it got removed. I'm not a programmer and know this is not a simple cut and paste; however, the fact that you brought Lumetri Panel over from Speedgrade to Premiere Pro does mean it is possible to port functionality. I think this would be a great feature for many folks out there who get MXF or ProRes files where footage is just strung out, and it would be great use for this tool. This feature in Speedgrade was 95% accurate and saved so much time when coloring. I'm sure this would speed up…

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Display waveforms for audio clips while dragging

Very simple idea, while dragging audio clips on the timeline, continually show the waveform rather than showing a blank box. This functionality is present in Audition, and is incredibly useful for manual synchronization. See attached gif for further explanation of what I mean by the "blank box".

I'm aware you can sort of already achieve this by "nudging" the audio clip, but it would be great if this were always available when dragging. Thanks!

92 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. "Reveal In Sequence" should exist for clips

Currently for a clip we can 'Reveal in Project' and 'Reveal in Finder' - but just as, if not more useful, would be a feature to 'Reveal in Sequence' option, which would open a sequence (or sequences) in which the clip is used, and jump to highlight that clip in the timeline.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. See description below

I needed "tone" to bleep out some words. After I created tone (bars & tone), I could not make it go into the source window, I could only drag it to the timeline. Not good.
    You can take any clip, hold down the option key to dublicate it and move it elsewhere on the timeline. You cannot do that with a color Matt...why not? Does not make sense. You should be able to do that with ANYTHING on the timeline.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. 25 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Copy from In to Out

Additionally to Extract and Lift, copying from In point to out point would be AWESOME!

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Feature request: Add looping function

It would be great to have the ability to turn on a loop feature where when enabled the timeline loops the in/out markers.

This idea is very prevalent in DAW audio programs and grid-based music software.

I think having this feature would be a great addition. I stay in premiere as much as possible in all of my projects so I'm constantly working on very complex audio mixing as well as very focused and minute video timings. It would be beneficial to enable a loop to edit on a specific section of my timeline.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 46 47
  • Don't see your idea?

Please do not use your Adobe ID and password.

Feedback and Knowledge Base