Premiere Pro

Welcome to the Adobe Premiere Pro feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the Premiere Pro team via this UserVoice page and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Premiere Pro community forum.

How can we improve Premiere Pro?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. X-Rite ColorChecker Plug-in for Premiere Pro CC?

When will support for quick color matching using color charts like the X-Rite ColorChecker be added to Premiere Pro CC?

185 votes
    Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

37 comments  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    • Display audio track and video together in the source monitor

Displaying audio tracks and video together in the source monitor would save a lot of time when scrubbing through source footage to find the moments when the talent starts speaking. Currently I toggle the source monitor to display the audio tracks, set my IN and return back to video view.
      Attached is a Photoshop mock-up of my ideal.

46 votes
      Sign in
      Check!
      (thinking…)
      Reset
      or sign in with
      • facebook
      • google
        Password icon
        Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
      • 'Paste onto same track' shortcut

Put the interview on V1, b-roll on V2, titles on V3 - track organisation finished! Not with PPro. You have to turn tracks on and off every time you paste something.

At least give us a 'paste onto same track it was copied from' shortcut.

Alternatively, when no track is selected make it the same as when all tracks are selected except that clips paste onto the same track they were copied from. Currently no-tracks-selected mode is useless (you can't even add edits with the keyboard) so you wouldn't be taking anything away from anyone.

121 votes
        Sign in
        Check!
        (thinking…)
        Reset
        or sign in with
        • facebook
        • google
          Password icon
          Signed in as (Sign out)

Under Review  ·  25 comments  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
        • Background rendering

Background rendering like Final Cut Pro would be nice. If you do nothing for a few seconds, it would be good if premiere calculates effects in the background automatically. It saves a lot of rendertime in the end.

360 votes
          Sign in
          Check!
          (thinking…)
          Reset
          or sign in with
          • facebook
          • google
            Password icon
            Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
          • Better audio management for multicam sequence

We need a professionnal way to edit a multicam sequence into a target sequence with all the audio tracks included in the multicam sequence.

If my multicam sequence have 6 audio tracks, I have to copy them from the multicam sequence and paste them into the target sequence, and cut multicam image + these "unlinked" audio channels ...

We want to keep all the audios sources for the mixer or sound editor. But these "unlinked" audios can be a big source of problems during the cutting ... Some audios clips can be desynchronisated, crushed, erased ...

And impossible to make…

43 votes
            Sign in
            Check!
            (thinking…)
            Reset
            or sign in with
            • facebook
            • google
              Password icon
              Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
            • Display waveforms for audio clips while dragging

Very simple idea, while dragging audio clips on the timeline, continually show the waveform rather than showing a blank box. This functionality is present in Audition, and is incredibly useful for manual synchronization. See attached gif for further explanation of what I mean by the "blank box".

I'm aware you can sort of already achieve this by "nudging" the audio clip, but it would be great if this were always available when dragging. Thanks!

81 votes
              Sign in
              Check!
              (thinking…)
              Reset
              or sign in with
              • facebook
              • google
                Password icon
                Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
              • Copy from In to Out

Additionally to Extract and Lift, copying from In point to out point would be AWESOME!

7 votes
                Sign in
                Check!
                (thinking…)
                Reset
                or sign in with
                • facebook
                • google
                  Password icon
                  Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                • 19 votes
                  Sign in
                  Check!
                  (thinking…)
                  Reset
                  or sign in with
                  • facebook
                  • google
                    Password icon
                    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                  • Reorder / Rearrange Video and Audio Tracks

It would be amazing to simply grab a track and move it up or down in the order of the sequence. This was something I could do easily back when I used Vegas Pro. Occasionally, I have big, complex sequences and would like to reorder the tracks for organization purposes or for shipping off to audio master. Thanks!

102 votes
                    Sign in
                    Check!
                    (thinking…)
                    Reset
                    or sign in with
                    • facebook
                    • google
                      Password icon
                      Signed in as (Sign out)

12 comments  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                    • Show Markers in the Icon Viewer Thumbnails

When I am doing a Hover Scrub, I can see my In and Out range in the Icon View, but it would be even better if I could ALSO see my markers that I add in the Source Monitor reflected on the thumbnail from the Icon View. It would allow me to quickly mark my best moments of a longer shot and either send the section of my video either directly to the sequence or to the source monitor and then into my sequence.

6 votes
                      Sign in
                      Check!
                      (thinking…)
                      Reset
                      or sign in with
                      • facebook
                      • google
                        Password icon
                        Signed in as (Sign out)

• Add a crossfade by overlapping audio or video clips in the timeline

The current way to add and manipulate transitions on the timeline is a sort of "guess & check" method, you've got to have the right amount of handle frames before you add it, and the way it is displayed isn't very visually appealing.

I propose adding the same functionality that Audition has, where overlapping clips will automatically create a crossfade. This is an incredibly intuitive way of handling transitions, and can also be applied to Video transitions (as is done on other professional NLEs). See attached gif for an explanation of what I mean.

Currently, overlapping clips on the timeline…

25 votes
                        Sign in
                        Check!
                        (thinking…)
                        Reset
                        or sign in with
                        • facebook
                        • google
                          Password icon
                          Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                        • Sequence markers - several improvements

I think the sequence markers need radically overhauling. Below are three different suggestions that I think will help. I've also attached an image of how these changes will look:

Problem 1: Currently, when you use "track select forward" it ONLY selects clips and not the sequence markers. This makes the tool virtually useless, as it means your markers no longer remain in place!

Solution: "Track select forward" tool should select clips AND markers.

Problem 2: The sequence markers exist as individual objects, so to change the division of two sections requires resizing BOTH sections. Sections can also overlap, which is…

24 votes
                          Sign in
                          Check!
                          (thinking…)
                          Reset
                          or sign in with
                          • facebook
                          • google
                            Password icon
                            Signed in as (Sign out)

• Slow shuttling to work as well in any Trim mode

Slow shuttling should work in any Trim mode too when editing a cut. Right now only regular shuttling works. Slow shuttling would make this far more precise.

7 votes
                            Sign in
                            Check!
                            (thinking…)
                            Reset
                            or sign in with
                            • facebook
                            • google
                              Password icon
                              Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                            • Proxy workflow - interpret footage

Please make the "interpret footage" feature pass down from hi-res native footage to attached proxies. For example, if native camera footage is interpreted from 60fps down to 23.976fps, then the 60fps Premiere-generated proxies should be interpreted that way as well.

86 votes
                              Sign in
                              Check!
                              (thinking…)
                              Reset
                              or sign in with
                              • facebook
                              • google
                                Password icon
                                Signed in as (Sign out)

18 comments  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                              • Timeline Snap options

Right now the timeline Snap feature has no options - it works for all assets, and clips snap not to each other, but to TRANSITIONS, leaving gaps and unsynced layers, it's very annoying. Users have to manually check every clip for whether it snapped to other clip's border, or to it's transition border.

It would be great to have an option to disable Snap for transitions or for keyframes or for other types of assets, like we have in "Snap to" feature in Effect Controls panel.

Link to the discussion on Adobe forums https://forums.adobe.com/message/10377154

71 votes
                                Sign in
                                Check!
                                (thinking…)
                                Reset
                                or sign in with
                                • facebook
                                • google
                                  Password icon
                                  Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                • Premiere 13 has incorrect timecode for Sony a7sII clips

Premiere 13 has been exporting broken XMLs that don't work in Premiere 12 or Resolve. I finally figured out why: look at the source window monitor on the left (Premiere 12) and on the right (Premiere 13). 10 seconds and some frames off. Resolve lines up with Premiere 12's timecode.

10 votes
                                  Sign in
                                  Check!
                                  (thinking…)
                                  Reset
                                  or sign in with
                                  • facebook
                                  • google
                                    Password icon
                                    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Trim Previous/Next Edit to Playhead on selected clips

Please add the option for "Trim Previous Edit to Playhead" and "Trim Next Edit to Playhead" trim only with selected clips instead of trim all target track. People seem to use trim selected clip more often than trim track. Thanks

59 votes
                                    Sign in
                                    Check!
                                    (thinking…)
                                    Reset
                                    or sign in with
                                    • facebook
                                    • google
                                      Password icon
                                      Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                    • Bulk edit the 'restrict trims to subclip boundaries’ setting.

It is a huge limitation to force a user to edit the 'restrict trims to subclip boundaries' setting manually one clip at a time. We should be able to select as many subclips as necessary from a bin and change this setting in bulk across multiple subclips at once.

If you are making subclips in Premiere, you are given the option to set this setting at the time of creating each subclip....but what if you want to change those settings afterward? Or, more importantly, what if you are using Adobe Prelude to make the subclips?

Adobe Prelude is significantly better/faster…

8 votes
                                      Sign in
                                      Check!
                                      (thinking…)
                                      Reset
                                      or sign in with
                                      • facebook
                                      • google
                                        Password icon
                                        Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                      • Render & Replace should include effects

There should be another Render & Replace function that operates like how Freeze effects work in other applications.

It would be the equivalent to marking a section of your timeline, exporting it, re-importing it, and replacing it on the timeline. But it would also have a function to return to the original clip (so we don't have to keep the disabled original on another track) and would also include an option to choose to delete the "frozen" clip from the drive if we no longer want it.

This would solve so many issues with stacking effects, export errors, and would…

81 votes
                                        Sign in
                                        Check!
                                        (thinking…)
                                        Reset
                                        or sign in with
                                        • facebook
                                        • google
                                          Password icon
                                          Signed in as (Sign out)

• Automate to Sequence based on timecode.

It would be great if you could use the "Automate to Sequence" function to place all your selected clips into the sequence based on the clips source timecode. Most of our projects at our edit shop have hundreds of video clips with separate sync audio clips. While the merge and sync functions are great. You can't select multiple clips at once and sync them all based on timecode. Allowing all the clips to be placed in a sequence based on source timecode would exponentially speed up the syncing process for merging, multi-cam, or just individual sequences for specific shots or…

4 votes
                                          Sign in
                                          Check!
                                          (thinking…)
                                          Reset
                                          or sign in with
                                          • facebook
                                          • google
                                            Password icon
                                            Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                          ← Previous 1 3 4 5 36 37
                                          • Don't see your idea?

Please do not use your Adobe ID and password.

Feedback and Knowledge Base