Skip to content

Premiere Pro

ANNOUNCEMENT - This forum is moving

In an effort to improve communications between you and the Premiere Pro team, we are moving this feedback forum to the Premiere Pro page on the Adobe Support Community. As requested, bugs and feature requests will be able to live separately in that forum.

This move is happening in part to acknowledge that we haven't been responsive enough here, and we are combining our forums to help remedy that. Ideas and their attached comments from this UserVoice forum will be migrated based on how many people voted for them. Check your profile on the Adobe Support Community to see any migrated posts that you've created or commented on. If you have an item here that did not make the migration, please bring it over to our new home.

See you soon on the Adobe Support Forum!

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

479 results found

1. Color Management Panel

There are a good number of new color management settings and changed color management defaults in the 2022 release. I would expect we will be getting more as we go along. This is becoming a nightmare to manage!

We need a single panel. One with perhaps two tabs:
    1) The overall Default options for color management settings, and for default options for various media types.

2) The Override tab for clip or sequence overrides, covering the same items as in no. 1.

Essentially, One Panel To Rule Them All.

144 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We hear your frustrations about color management and we are working on multiple improvements. 

I recently posted a note on Alister Chapman's excellent xdcam-user.com forum, in response to a post he'd made about color management in Premiere Pro. 

While my response doesn't go into details on our long term plans, it describes what we're doing in the short term to make handling of log footage easier. 

Here's what I wrote:

Hi all,

I’m a product manager at Adobe, on the video team. I thought I’d chime in to provide some info on what we’re doing.

Color management is not going away – quite the opposite. As HDR-capable cameras and displays are becoming the default, and shooting in log or raw is becoming the norm, color management is critical. Gone are the days of only Rec709, the one color space to rule them all.

You might have seen reports about HDR…

2. BUG: Vignette midpoint slider causes video to go black Version 20.50 build 62

Vignette midpoint slider causes video to go black Version 20.50 build 62
    Select clip. Go to Lumetri. Adjust Vignette midpoint slider. Video goes black. Unrecoverable. Requires software restart.

AMD 5950x Gigabyte 550 Vision D 64 gig DDR. Gigabyte RTX 3070

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. magnify vector scope.

just the ability to zoom in on the vectorscope to 200% so I could keep the window smaller but have the centre of the scope very close up. and also the ability to stack the scopes vertically or custom arrangement would be amazing for screen real estate.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. UPGRADE LUMETRI COLOR | offset wheel?

The colorist's work lacks a global color offset ring to balance the frame. Currently, there is no possibility to quickly adjust the white balance without any effort in the presence of an offset wheel in the color panel (screenshot attached). When to appear and how long to wait? This is an incredibly necessary addition.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Bring back change color and change to color

I just upgraded to an m1 computer to find that change to color and color change has been removed.

I create hundreds of edits for an ecomm company and I don't have time to sit there and color through lumetri color. Those 2 effects were so simple and easy and made doing a quick color change effortless

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Why is there no way to Keyframe Hue anymore?????????

One thing I used to use all the time was the effect called "hue," or maybe it was called "HSL," at any rate you could KEYFRAME hue changes.... now I see the thumb-twiddling morons at Adobe have decided to put all the hue changing options into the Lumetri curves in a race to pretend they are Resolve... Well... because I also use Resolve I DO use the hue curves to swing skin tones almost everyday... but right now I'm working on a simple graphic I'd like to keep withing Premiere and guess what... NO MORE WAY TO ANIMATE HUE AT…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Add new Lumetri at beginning of stack

Add Lamétri color before a stack not only at the end of the stack. Give me the option to add new Lumetri color at the beginning of the stack.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. adding a lut in folder ruins all projects i saved . . . .

when i add a new lut in this folder : C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Pro 2023\Lumetri\LUTs\Technical or this folder : C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Pro 2023\Lumetri\LUTs\Creative it ruin all my projects i saved !! it change the import lut in BASIC CORRECTION TAB or CREATIVE LUT will change. . . very annoying allot of time to correct . . . i have no time for these things can you please fix this in the early days it was no problem to add a lut , mark

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Use HSL secondary mask to create mask for rotoscopin

i noticed when you use HSL secondary and lumetric color to change the color of an object it creates a mask maybe if you added some sort of feature like that to create masks for rotoscoping based on this or make it possible for people to mask out objects or get started masking out an object with hsl secondary mask... just an idea for your software... Or you could figure out how runway.ml does theirs you should try their rotoscoping software online And use that technology to create masks in your software theirs is perfect

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Implement XAVC PQ Export

All of our source clips are XAVC QFHD Intra class300 files in HDR PQ. Currently there is no official way to export them into the very same codec and PQ. Only HLG.

One build of the Premiere 2022 (22.3) BETA actually implemented this function but it did not make it into the release and the current BETA also lacks it.
    Funny thing is, albeit not officially supported, the ancient Premiere Version 2019 (13.1.x) does the trick.

I see no technical reason to not implement this.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Make "Auto" in Lumetri Color able to be applied to multiple clips at once.

Select clips, his "Auto" and it's done would be so much faster than having to select each clip then hit auto. Can't be hard to implement either.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Color/Lumetri  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Bliss Information

We usually describe it as a popular blog about technology, science, gadgets, IoT, AI, and the latest popular technologies and products. Internet and much more, but the truth is that it is more complicated than all this: it has a lot of humorous notes and several other topics that interest us authors, and aviation, gambling, urban legends, gadgets, and conspiracies large and small. Or puzzles. We also post book and movie reviews, personal experiences from our work or loved ones, and anything else. Read More:- https://www.blissinformation.com/

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. ❗COLOR checker tool in PrPro

To date, there is nothing in the professional PrPro product that could be compared with native support for working with a color palette for a starting point in media color correction. The Color Check tool deserves attention and its definition in the PrPro product itself. Many professionals in their field are waiting for this.
    Tell me when it will be possible to see this wonderful instrument?

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Problema com exportação

Toda vez que coloco algum look no video ele fica ruim ou nem aparece o video depois de exportado

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Fixing the way Premiere V22 overexposes certain footage

Multiple users report problem with HLG and SLOG footage that gets overexposed in Premiere Pro v22 after importing it into the project. In my case dealing with overexposed H.264 4:2:2 SLOG3.cine none of the fixes mentioned in groups and forums do the trick to fix the exposure. Interpreting footage to Rec. 709, making sure sequence is Rec. 709, ticking ''colour management'' in general preferences - nothing. The footage is also behaving normal on my windows laptop and issues occur on M1 Pro machine (same files, same versions of Premiere, same settings, I attach pictures of waveform from both computers). Please…

19 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Similar to Lightroom, add a white UI option to help color grading

I have a very bright iMac screen and edit in a dark room. I often don't realize my video is a bit too dark until I deliver it to social media and view it on my phone on their white backdrop.

It would help if I could change the UI of at least the program monitor to white, like I can in Lightroom, to give me a good reference when coloring my projects.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. VIDEO CHANNEL MIXER

I am a diver, taking underwater videos with a GoPro 10 Black (Superwide, 2.7K, Flat coloring). The best way, by far, to properly colorgrade underwater videos that are loosing red and green as they are are taken deeper is the VIDEO CHANNEL MIXER. Nothing in the current Lumetri panel is close to matching as easily the impressive results of the VIDEO CHANNEL MIXER, which Adobe has declared "obsolete". I am using Premiere Pro only to mix and colorgrade my diving videos with this powerful tool.
    This is crucial to me and maybe to other divers in order to use Premiere…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Colour picker on nests

The colour picker for tools like Hue-vs-Sat in Lumetri is very sporadic when working with nests. It hardly ever recognises any colour on the screen - but occasionally it does. That looks like a bug to me.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. scopes not updating

Lumetri Scopes are not updating accordingly when making color adjustments. I have to continually jump from the Color workspace to any other workspace and back to Color, for scopes to update properly. Please fix this bug! (Adobe Premiere Pro 2021 v15.4.1)

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Lumetri Still Store

Lumetri is powerful stuff.

Let's enable all the colorists out there who are leveraging this workflow and give them a true Colorists Still Store.

The Still Store is how most colorists use reference images from other parts of the timeline quickly and efficiently. They are also a good way to copy/paste settings and verify it.

Amazing work with Lumetri, now take it to the next level Adobe! Please!

Thanks,
    Monty

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3 4 5 23 24