Premiere Pro

Welcome to the Adobe Premiere Pro feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the Premiere Pro team via this UserVoice page and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Premiere Pro community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Problem with italic font with stroke line

When I edit open caption with line stroke, and select italic, it doesn't work! Please fix it

18 votes
    Sign in Sign in with Adobe ID
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

7 comments  ·  Closed Captions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. bug in captions/subtitles - can't use Export to Media Encoder with caption burn in enabled

It's a bug in your software, when exporting right out of Premiere it works to have the captions set to burn-in, if you choose Send to Media Encoder it will never work. No matter what you do you cannot get those captions / subtitles to burn in.

This is bad because it ties up your whole editing system just to export media one by one when you need burned in captions or subtitles.

12.0.0 build tested, bug everytime
    12.0.1 also has same issue

14 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

58 comments  ·  Closed Captions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Issue with Background color with Closed Captioning

Check the deities of the issue on Premiere pro-Forum -

https://forums.adobe.com/message/10343982#10343982

In ver 12.1.1 I was unable to change the background of the captions from transparent to opaque.

12 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Closed Captions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Add default font settings for imported captions

Add default font settings for imported captions
    If you have your subtitles done professionally they often deliver texts in a sidecar file, for example srt. This can be imported to Premiere, and you can use them as open captions in your project. You will have to change font settings for all text boxes. For a big corporation with design standards for subtitles it would be great to have the feature to change the default font settings for imported captions.

7 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Closed Captions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Caption Bugs - See Attached Screen Recording

I've submited this video to Adobe quite some time ago, it's been 3 updates since and most of the bugs persist today.

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Closed Captions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Open Caption

Cannot set the word spacing in the open caption, it can also set the size and stroke size.
    Also unable to burn caption export in Media Encoder.
    this is unacceptable and not user friendly.

6 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Closed Captions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. TC overlay & Captions don't work

There are so many posts about open captions in premiere that I am pretty sure no one is reading these posts... I'll add to the open captions frustration anyways: there is no way to render timecode overlay AND open captions on the same export. Generally, I can only make my open captions burn in on the video if I don't send the export to media encoder but directly press export in premiere. After using "Queue" to send the project to Media Encoder, the captions display as burned in on the preview window, they are not on the exported video though

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Closed Captions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base