Premiere Pro

Welcome to the Adobe Premiere Pro feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the Premiere Pro team via this UserVoice page and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Premiere Pro community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Transcript modal not appearing, but blocking actions.

Clicking on the Transcribe Sequence button has (3 out of 4 attempts) caused no modal to be launched, but the program acts as if it has, not allowing me to take any actions. I've scanned both screens for any hint of the modal, but I don't see it at all.

The second attempt worked and the transcribe feature is AWESOME! Now if I can just consistently use it!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Closed Captions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Closed Captions with speaker names

When exporting a transcription it would be awesome if the "speaker" names would export as well and not just the spoken text.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Closed Captions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. SILENT (BACKGROUND) AUTO-SAVE, PLEASE, ADOBE!!!

When you're editing captions, the auto-save feature REALLY, REALLY is annoying as ****!

Takes you out of the flow, as you
    a) have to wait for the process to complete
    b) do an extra few mouse clicks to get the line you were editing active again

If other NLEs can do this, why can't Premiere Pro?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Can't export .srt captions from Premiere 15 or 15.1 - No file is created. Txt works.

The captions update has been great so far and up until now has worked, but now I can't export an srt from my updated captions. I made some corrections and wanted to export a fresh srt with a new file name, but nothing happens. It acts like it does, but nothing shows up. What's happening? I need to be able to deliver srts and revisions upon request, how do I fix this? Running Mac Big Sur 11.2.1 and Premiere 15.1.0. Even after updating to 15.1, restarting the machine, and creating a new project, still not able to export an srt…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Closed Captions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Bug: .srt captions are out of sync when exporting (PP 15.4)

In Premiere Pro 15.4 if you export a sequence with a .srt sidecar captions file using the "Source Range: Sequence In to Out" and your "In" marker is not aligned with the start of the sequence the exported captions are synchronized to the sequence timecode not the timecode of the exported video.
    Although this may be a useful feature for some workflows it feels like for most the default behavior should be to have the captions in sync with the exported video.

EDIT: Updated the version number to confirm this issue still exists in 15.4

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Shared captions/text styles and captions presets that can link to text styles.

Captions presets and text styles are created and saved on a project level, so have to be exported/re-imported into different projects.

It would be great if they were created as settings similar to export presets so they could be imported once and be available for all projects, or perhaps shared libraries as per MOGRTs.

It would also be great if custom caption presets linked to text styles too, as this is important where a standardised look/style is required (channels/networks).

I've also noted a bug when importing a custom captions preset it's name is not shown correctly, but is called 'subtitle…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Multiple captioning styles

I'm just starting to explore the caption (automatic and manual) feature in Premiere Pro. While I think this is great and potentially very powerful, one simple upgrade would make it a lot more usable to me.
    I would like to be able to use different styles for different reasons in the subtitles... eg in a documentary when an interviewer is talking I left-justify, when the talent is answering I right-justify, and when there's a voice-over I centre-justify. I'm happy to do this manually if I could apply different styles to selections of captions, but I can find no way to…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. CANCEL or HALT button for/during Auto-Transcribing

Just a thought. It'd be great to have an CANCEL or HALT button during an Auto-Transcribing. Sometimes you might be transcribing the wrong file and/or sequence, or your file may offline for whatever reason. Thus, there'd be no reason to wait for the results and tie up your computer.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Allow the new caption workflow to utilise the full screen space

On the new caption workflow t seems as though the position of captions is restricted to the "safe margins" of the screen.

Please can you make it so they can be positioned anywhere on the screen, i,e all the way to the top and bottom.

On the previous workflow you could achieve this by altering the positing within the "Effects control", but now there is no way of doing it.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. exporting track style

We work with many production houses globally and it would be very handy to be able to export the track style to send to the editors so they can match the in house look of the programmes produced.

Or to be able to link the look with an essential graphic template that the creative department has made.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Closed Captions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Improve captions / subtitle clip quick keys

1. Extend clip to playhead (shift + Q)

You can currently use (shift + Q ) on highlighted video tracks to extend clip lengths to play-head, this should be the same for caption clips on a caption track

On the caption track you can currently use (ctrl + alt + up & down arrow) to jump from clip to clip, but you cannot extend clips, except for clicking and dragging them out, which is a huge time-waste.

1. Make text of current selected clip's text editable

When jumping from caption clip to caption clip (ctrl + alt + up and down arrow),…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Is there a way I can teach Auto Transcript Norwegian? :)

Is there a way I can teach Auto Transcript Norwegian? :)

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Fix bug when deleting japanese subtitle

When I delete the text inside a subtitle to create a text instead (because we can't move subtitle how we want...) the subtitle if it's not deleted become a square or a "@".
    You can see the square behind the text on my pictures and the two empty subtitle.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. V15 BUG: Nested sequences with closed captions automatically render as open captions

I have a TV workflow where the main program w/captions sits inside a nest, and then several derivative versions carry that nested sequence while adding things like bars, slates and intro & outro disclaimers.

In the past, the captions flowed through as one would expect, but in the new version any nested CCs get rendered as open/burned captions no matter what you select for captions on export. This is pretty counterintuitive and limiting, but at least there is a workaround… you have to disable captions inside any nests, and then copy them to all the top-level sequences. (If you need…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Allow captions to be crossfaded.

It's pretty horrible that you can no longer apply effects to captions. I have to put up with them just appearing on screen in a hard cut, with no ability to fade them out, mask them, or match the effects of the visuals. Why was this not taken into account with the latest update?

As a general moan, it feels like the latest text & caption update was designed only for shortform, instagram and youtube video makers, and any ability to have stylised closed captions has been eradicated... as well as efficient workflow for those who need to subtitle longform…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. 'Push to Track or Style' does not include Align & Transform Properties

Align & Transform properties are not included when you push to a captions track, and will only work sometimes with captions styles.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Add danish to the transcription feature, please

I would very much like you to add danish to the transcription feature, as this is what I need all the time.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Please allow us full control of Captions location

Hi...Please allow us to lower the captions. My client requires a large font size for captions. When I use this size the captions are too large for the designated area. If I could lower the Captions by 10-15 pixels I could use PP for my Captions work and save HOURS and HOURS of work.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Imported Captions with decimal frame rate are out of sync

Captions created for sequences with a decimal frame rate are out of sync with picture when imported into Premiere.

To recreate this issue:
    1. Create a new sequence with a decimal frame rate (e.g. 23.976)
    2. Add 3 captions to the sequence
    3. Export the captions as an SRT file
    4. Re-import the SRT to the same sequence

The imported captions will be out of sync by a frame, but over time this drift compounds on longer sequence.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base