Premiere Pro

Welcome to the Adobe Premiere Pro feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the Premiere Pro team via this UserVoice page and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Premiere Pro community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. BUG: Creating Captions = Force close

Every time I try to Create Captions from my transcriptions it forces close & I have to start all over. I have yet to be able to auto generate any captions. I have to manually copy and past them from my transcriptions.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

3 comments  ·  Closed Captions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Resize text in the transcript window

In the transcript window, allow the user the ability to increase the size of the text. As I get older, the color and size of the text make a difference.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Closed Captions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Captions bug: "Synchronize" makes it overwrite itself

How to reproduce: Import any SRT file, and place it above a video file somewhere in the timeline that it should sync with. If you select all the individual text blocks using the track select foward tool, then shift+click to select the video and choose the "synchronize" option, the captions all jumble together and most are significantly shortened, and are out of sync.

It seems like Premiere is having a tough time choosing which text blocks to move in what order, and therefore, some are getting clipped or deleted entirely, because when two text blocks overlap, the duration is trimmed.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Import my own script

While the Transcribe feature is amazing we have long videos with approved Scripts. We need to be able to upload the script to PP during the 'Create Captions" action. PLEASE consider adding this to PP. This would be an absolute game-changer to my Open Captions process.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Implement smart quotes for captions

It would be helpful to have the option of automatically setting proper "curly" quotes and apostrophes for burned in captions.

Really, I think this should be the default.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Closed Captions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Please Limit # Chinese characters when generate captions from S2T. Captions in Chinese needed to be short to keep viewer focusing on video

Chinese Captions are toooo long in the current version, sometimes it gets folded into a second line. Please allow users to define # Chinese characters to be shown on the same screen. limit the # to SINGLE DIGITS, please.
    A samlple clip attached, and from the sample, we can see that # characters have been limit to NO MORE THAN 10 Characters.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Go to current Captions clip when I select it

The new captions work flow has potential. My biggest frustration is that when I click on a caption clip in the caption timeline, the caption window doesn't jump to that clip so I can easily edit it. In fact, it often jumps to the top meaning I have to scroll to find it, which gets tedious if it's at the end and I have a long timeline, or if it's in the middle and I have to scroll through hundreds of caption clips to find it.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Captioning configuration

The Speech-to-Text function in 15.0 is very impressive. It's already helping us out greatly.

However, I would like be able to configure the Transcript to Caption process. I mean, I'd like to be able to enter a min/max character count, and a line count when the captions are created from the transcript. Can this be done already, if so how?

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Need Ability to Embed Transcript Metadata using IPTC Video Metadata Hub Standard

Please add "Iptc4xmpExt:Transcript" in the Premiere Pro metadata panel.
    After using the auto transcript feature, we need to embed the transcript as file metadata when exporting/transcoding from premiere pro to media encoder. IPTC Video Metadata Hub has the standard of "Iptc4xmpExt:Transcript". However this is not available in the Premiere Pro metadata panel. This would be a great complementary feature to pair with your new captioning features.
    Here is a reference to the IPTC Video Metadata Hub: https://iptc.org/std/videometadatahub/recommendation/IPTC-VideoMetadataHub-props-Rec_1.3.html

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Short Cut Key Needed for 'add new captions segment'

If you're manually transcribing the new update is super clunky to use.

You have to stop typing after every segment and hit the plus button with your mouse!!! It makes the process so slow and cumbersome.

The old version you just hit enter or return and it created a new segment.

Also in the text window can it just be a single click to edit the text instead of a double click please?

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Oferecer liberdade de posicionamento para as legendas no Premiere Pro

lá, como trabalho com legendas em vídeos, preciso de uma solução do pessoal da Adobe para uma futura atualização.

No vídeo abaixo eu mostro o exemplo de algo que poderia melhorar referente a liberar um posicionamento melhor nas legendas(Captions) do Premiere, pois ele nos limita e infelizmente força a criar legendas manualmente por conta dessa limitação. Por favor administradores, repassem as os DEV's esse acontecimento e nos ajude. Obrigado

Vídeo para explicação da situação.
    https://youtu.be/_65-kspQy2s

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Splitting transcript sections doesn't work correctly on PC

I have no problems with splitting sections on my Mac, but when using a PC, I can't control where the split happens no matter what I do.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Auto-generated captions create extra space at end of each line - off center captions

I frequently use the auto-generated transcript options, then turning those into captions. Every time I create the captions, nearly every single caption line has an extra space at the end of it, which makes the entire caption not look centered (see photo), at least when there's a solid background. I then have to go in and manually delete each and every space from the end of every caption, which takes a lot of time. I love the auto-generated transcript and captions features, immensely helpful, but having to go in and edit each one anyway makes it a little less convenient.…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Support a caption/subtitle file format that includes positioning (such as TTML)

Premiere 2021 has a much improved captioning & subtitling workflow, but it has a huge weakness in that the only import and export format it supports is SRT, which does not preserve position info.

Our clients (which includes big ones such as Netflix) generally require us to reposition a caption or subtitle when it obscures a character’s lips or when it obscures on-screen text. Often this can be as simple as just moving a caption/subtitle instance to the top instead of the bottom.

However, the SRT file format doesn't support any positioning info at all. So, even though Premiere itself…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Closed Captions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Speech to text function - Polish language support

Please add Polish language support in the Speech to Text module (transcribe function).

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Transcript modal not appearing, but blocking actions.

Clicking on the Transcribe Sequence button has (3 out of 4 attempts) caused no modal to be launched, but the program acts as if it has, not allowing me to take any actions. I've scanned both screens for any hint of the modal, but I don't see it at all.

The second attempt worked and the transcribe feature is AWESOME! Now if I can just consistently use it!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Closed Captions with speaker names

When exporting a transcription it would be awesome if the "speaker" names would export as well and not just the spoken text.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)