Premiere Pro

Welcome to the Adobe Premiere Pro feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the Premiere Pro team via this UserVoice page and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Premiere Pro community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. The captions software adds a space at the end of most sentences. So I have to go in and manually remove it from every line. Please fix this.

The captions software adds a space at the end of most sentences. So I have to go in and manually remove it from every line. Please fix this.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Closed Captions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Bug: Importing Captions at v15.1+

When I select “Import captions from file” at version 15.1 and 15.2, the captions are “broken”, as seen on the prints.

The number of captions gets reduced from a total of 231 (15.0) to only 96 (15.2), where they are combined somehow in a strange order.

I had to rollback to 15.0 to be able to work properly with captions.

Thought it would be fixed by 15.2, but apparently it wasn't.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Closed Captions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Tweaks to caption functionality

The transcript and caption functionality are real time savers, but could use some improvement for a better subtitling workflow.

1) From the Transcript window you can split speakers, but Premiere doesn't use this information when creating the captions. It will often put lines from 2 different speakers together in one caption, which isn't great for subtitle purposes. It will also leave a large time gap in order to do this. For example somewhat might say "Oh." and then several seconds later another person will say "What do you think." Premiere will create a caption that says "Oh, what", and then…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Closed captions in Premiere 15 getting a duplicate layer track after reopening.

I would like to report a bug I just discovered in the new Premiere Pro 15.

I switched to PP version 15 to take advantage of better closed captions control in the editor. The workflow was fine and worked great until I closed the project and reopened it. Now I have two closed captions boxes overlapping each other. The box underneath is the one I created. The one on top and slightly offset is the "ghost" caption. It looks like it came from the old caption platform style. I have recreated it by starting a new blank project, importing a…

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Closed Captions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Sync existing transcript

For me you have solved having to transcribe an entire sequence but the only thing missing for me is if I already have a script from a show if it is possible to use that and have sensei sync it with the video.

So in effect, sync an already existing transcript.

Thanks so much!

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Need to be able to italicize just a single word instead of the entire sentence in a caption

In PPro 2021, italicizing a caption or subtitle is an all-or-nothing thing.

If I click the "Faux Italic" button, the entire line is italicized. I can't italicize just a single word.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Closed Captions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Include option to include time stamps when exporting Speech to Text to a text file

First of all THANK YOU SO MUCH devs for this feature. What you have done here is an absolute dream for me, and makes my life so much easier. I have thousands of hours of video that I can now happily transcode without having to type it by hand. Thank you so much!! I can finally begin this video project that I have been putting off for years.

My goal is to create searchable databases of the speech in my videos, so it would be really helpful for me if there were an option to include the timestamps in the…

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Closed Captions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Trim and extend captions with keyboard shortcuts

I couldn't find a way to use keyboard shortcuts for trimming and extending in the captions track. Please add this. It would be so much faster and more precise to be able to trim and extend captions with the same keyboard shortcuts as for video.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Closed Captions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Improvement on caption editor

Right now it's a little clunky and difficult to editor captions/transcripts.

First, if I try to edit the transcript, the field box is constrained and doesn't allow me to expand the dimensions of the box. So if I want to make a change to the text, I need to click inside the box and press the down arrow button several times to get to where I want to be (and to be able to see it).

The other issue is that I can't change transcripts/captions on the fly. I have to make several clicks to stop the video, go in…

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Closed Captions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Teach French Canadian to the Transcription AI.

The AI is very efficient with English, but has a lot of trouble with French. Maybe diffenciate French, from France and French from Canada.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Allow captions to be edge-panned for social media video formats

In previous versions of Premiere Pro, you were able to modify the resolution of the caption/SRT file in order to be able to stretch the captions to the edge. This is especially needed for certain social media video formats because it allows for more characters, which is often needed in 1:1 and 4:5 formats.

Now, however, it is not possible to modify the captions file anymore (I usually import an SRT file), and it's therefore not possible to edge-pan the caption track.

Can you please add an option so the captions are able to be stretched all the way to…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Export Subtitles for Corrections

Export speech to text transcripts and subtitles so Print Publishers can edit the correct spelling, names and so on when Adobe Speech to Text doesn't translate correctly. Then allow the editor to re import the corrected transcript and create corrected sub titles and captions from corrected transcripts.

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Closed Captions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Caption/Subtitle rectangle box background auto resize is gone

On the new update v15.0.0 Build(41)
    Caption/Subtitle rectangle background auto-resize is gone

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Bug in captioning feature

Hello. Yes, the new auto-transcript and captioning feature is great. BUT, a very bothersome bug is hindering my ability to use it.
    The auto-transcribe feature does a very decent job, but what I'm finding is that when it makes an error and I retype into a title card to correct it, oftentimes Premiere will show me the corrected version and then, while I'm working in another title card further down the timeline, Premiere reverts the card I had just corrected to its previous text. This has been happening many times, often several times with the same card. I've tried saving…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Captions to Essential Graphics titles conversion

Open captions are becoming increasingly popular in online video and social media, with a lot of different styles employed to make videos stand out.

For example, different colours or fonts per user, per-title animations, transitions between the titles, and unusual positions based on who is speaking.

This is not currently possible with the captioning tool, which restricts your ability to edit titles within the capabilities of the caption format you are working in.

Instead, users have to rely on third-party tools to convert a caption file to graphics or titles; or have to manually create Essential Graphics titles for each…

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Caption Track height

It's easy for the Caption track to get buried in the interface. I seem to be able to adjust the direct height of the track with the option key but I can't adjust the space the caption area takes. I know engineering wants it to stay within a fixed space but it's too small.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Transcription feature request - align current text

I currently use Transcriptive by Digital Anarchy to transcribe and then caption in PP.
    A very useful feature of Transcriptive is the "align current text" where by you can import a text file containing your script and then use the transcription service to align this content to the voice.
    This would be a great addition to the native transcription service in PP.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Stop text movement in the Text panels

Editing transcript and Caption text in the Text panel is very frustrating! When you double click on a word to edit it, the text in the field changes size and gets bolder, thus moving all the text around. Now you have to find the word you were going to edit all over again. Please just enter a text edit mode without moving the text!

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. 10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. The new captions panel for Hebrew is not yet there.

When you published the Beta version, the Hebrew captions problem was solved (it was perfect). but then, when you published the 2021 update (v15) the Hebrew captions in the panel were fine, but what you see on the program panel is reversed! please make it better again and fix this problem in the next update...

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base