Premiere Pro

Welcome to the Adobe Premiere Pro feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the Premiere Pro team via this UserVoice page and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Premiere Pro community forum.

How can we improve Premiere Pro?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Fix the captions - its a joke

Closed caption settings are very glitchy and the two times I have needed to use them have resulted in bugged issues. 1. text appearing at the top for every new caption created. 2. Not being able to change the background colour of the text. 3. Captions resting position every time a project is opened.

It would also be great if you could change the font/ text size and spacing. It is very restrictive.

Thanks

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: facebook google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

4 comments  ·  Closed Captions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. The Caption Panel / System is a Hot Mess, Please Fix

The caption panel / system continues to have numerous issues and strange behaviors- too many to really enumerate. I dread any project where I have to use it. It's 2019 and time to give this feature the serious attention it's never had. It's improved greatly from a few years ago but still needs a huge amount of development.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Closed Captions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Captions, lock the layer so we don't move it unintentionally

If you drag the in or out point of a caption on the captions layer sometimes you can accidentally move the entire layer along the time line. If we could lock the layer but still be able to edit and add captions this would prevent this issue from happening. Currently if you lock the layer you can not edit it, just as you want the lock to work for any other layer.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Closed Captions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. "GO TO NEXT CAPTION" Shortcut

You should be able to make a shortcut to go to next caption in the same way you can do with markers.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Closed Captions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Problem with italic font with stroke line

When I edit open caption with line stroke, and select italic, it doesn't work! Please fix it

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Closed Captions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Please add caption embedding for mpeg2 files!

mpeg2 is a standard delivery format for several television stations we deliver paid programs to. It is presently a pain to get those particular files encoded with captions and I am going to look at other NLE options if Adobe doesn't get on the ball and add this soon...

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Closed Captions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Closed Captions Support Embedded in H.264 Files

Hello.

We are providing live closed captions for hundreds of our live sports broadcasts. All these broadcasts are encoded H.264 and transmitted using RTMP. At the end of each broadcast, we're like to take our H.264 recording, and edit it in Premiere. Unfortunately, Premiere does not appear to support embedded captions in H.264 import or export. That's unfortunate, since this is now industry standard. I can take my H.264 file with embedded captions and upload it to YouTube, Twitter, Facebook and others, and the captions remain without any issues. Adobe Premiere is the only issue in this chain, which is…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Open Captions batch shift and line spacing

I NEED to be able to batch shift/move captions across the timeline. right now you can only move around one at a time. I can't believe this isn't an available feature. Please update.

Second is open caption line spacing. I can import an SRT as an Open Caption with special line spacing. But I can't adjust line spacing when creating new captions in the caption settings. This needs to be updated fast.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Closed Captions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Allow me to save custom caption templates

Most of my projects require open captions for exporting, and I'm required to use my company's specific visual identity guidelines for these captions (specific font, specific background color / opacity, specific alignment). As it currently stands, I have to set all of these parameters manually for every project. It would make so much sense and save so much time to be able to store these settings as a preset.

Someone suggested I use the "import settings" button along with a "dummy" srt file to hold the settings, but doing that for open captions does not allow me to use the…

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. More caption problems - I am shocked at how bad it is!? Is this the quality of Adobe?

Probably no Adobe employee will so this, since the captions are NEVER fixed, but here it goes:

Captions in Premiere is pathetic. I know, I have been using it for a few years.

Even trying to work around the bugs is impossible.

Since we cannot control the spacing of the lines between the captions I have tried this:

I duplicated the caption to have different one for the second line (for when it is needed), only to find out that both caption files are still connected.

Making changes to one, traverses to the other, regardless of them being completely different…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Quality of SRT styled open caption when burnt into video

When importing an SRT in as an open caption and styling this, to then be burnt into a video, the output of the caption overlay is not of a high quality. There are harsh/jagged edges around the letters. A current workaround is to import the caption at a much larger font (e.g. 100), and then use a motion effect to downscale the whole caption size much further down in order to minimises the harsh edges.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Spell check for the text tool

It'd be SUPER helpful if there was a realtime spell check

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Create automatic subtitles based on sound

Make automatic (and fixble) subitles based on soundtrack.

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Caption Settings do not take unless you quit and restart.

Caption settings have been buggy for a while, but in Premiere Pro 2018 (v13.x) they don't even take unless you save your project, quit Premiere, and then start it again.

Setup:
    - macOS 10.14.1
    - Open Premiere Pro CC
    - Import a video (I'm working with MP4's)
    - Import a caption file (I'm working with DFXP)
    - Move both to the Timeline and match them up (audio to captions) as needed.
    - In the Timeline, click on the captions
    - Open the Captions panel
    - Right click on the first caption and then Select All
    - Enter your settings... my…

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. AI powered transcription

The captioning system in premiere pro is average but could be so much better. In a perfect world, I would love to be able to put down a caption track and extend it through my timeline and have Adobe Sensei go through it and automatically transcribe the video and then place the transcriptions throughout the project. I do subtitles so much more than I used to considering that most content online doesn't play without audio and is necessary also for the hard of hearing, its fundamentally important in todays society to have a better solution to be able to provide…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Anti-Aliasing on Open Captions

There appears to be no anti-aliasing on open captions or options to make the text smooth. Open captions of sufficient size look pretty terrible no matter what font you use.

58 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Closed Captions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Control leading in Open Captions

It would be super if i could control the Leading (vertical distance) between two sentances in Open Captions.
    At this time if i break an Open Captions sentance in two there is no way of controlling the vertical distance between the two parts.
    The default leading is too big in most cases depending on the font which is used.

Thank you.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Open caption styling - unable to tweak line spacing and video size after import

Under the SRT import settings, two particularly useful settings cannot be change after import: video size and line spacing.

Changing the video size after import would be highly useful as sometimes a caption may need to be repurposed for different timelines. Alternatively allowing a caption to automatically resize and adapt to different timeline resolutions would be great - that way you could have the same caption file across different timelines without needing to import it 3 times with different settings.

Secondly, line spacing cannot be changed after import. If you set the line spacing to a particular percentage in the…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Spell check captions

It would be extremely helpful if the captions, graphics and subtitling had a spell check option. Even if it just was a red line under words in the caption panel. Its very easy to mistype something or mess up a word copying it in and there isn't any fail safe for this.

18 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Export to HD mpeg-ps with embedded captions; most TV stations want this.

I can export with embedded captions to MXF HD format,
    but not to HD mpeg-ps. TV stations do not ask me for MOV format.
    TV stations also do not want a side car.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Closed Captions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 6
  • Don't see your idea?

Please do not use your Adobe ID and password.

Feedback and Knowledge Base