Premiere Pro

Welcome to the Adobe Premiere Pro feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the Premiere Pro team via this UserVoice page and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Premiere Pro community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Everything wrong with Captions in Premiere Pro 13.1.2. Let get captioning fixed asap!

Captions in Premiere Pro 13.1.2* have several problems.
    (*Windows10. May be different on Mac.). Here is a thread of all of the problems I've found in captions so far. While there are several threads already that point out individual issues, I'm hoping that bringing all of the issues together in a single mega thread will help get captions Adobe's prompt attention. Here we go!

1. NO BURN IN: Exporting a video through Media Encoder doesn't burn in captions even if the "Burn Captions Into Video" option is selected in Premiere Pro's Export Settings. The captions only get burned in if…

20 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

9 comments  ·  Closed Captions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks again for the feedback. We have made sure to have created items in our database for all actionable items. We are hoping you will be pleased by some of the changes we have made in future releases. Please continue to engage with us.

Note that in the future, while this list is awesome, it is much easier for us to change status on completed items if they are single entry.

We may close this one eventually but will keep the other individually tracked items open with status

2. More things wrong with captions

https://adobe-video.uservoice.com/forums/911233-premiere-pro/suggestions/38080990-everything-wrong-with-captions-in-premiere-pro-13

The above link is a post detailing issues with captioning. Here are some more that I would like to add to the list:

----
    The most egregious failing of the system is the text-editing inabilities of the Captions panel. The text box does not respect standard system keyboard shortcuts for caret navigation. All of the following standard text-editing shortcuts, that see heavy usage with document editing, do not work as expected:

- Home/End: Instead of moving the caret to the start/end of the line, it selects the first/last caption in the list.

- Up/Down: Instead of moving up/down…

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Closed Captions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Caption Aliasing

Hi all,

I've now split my caption bugs into two reports. This is about the horrible edges around caption text.

Just as the title suggests, the captions have jagged, aliased edges, as opposed to smooth crisp edges. I don't get the same results when using the standard type tool, or importing PNG files, etc. This is something specially reserved for captions.

Please note that these issues occur on both Mac and PC, but I'm currently on a Windows system, so I will post the specs for this machine:

Premiere Pro 13.1.2, build 9
    Windows 10 64-bit (1903)
    Intel i9-9900X
    64GB…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Closed Captions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. open captions

Just confirmed with Premiere 13.1.3 that it's still not possible to export a sequence with open captions using Encoder if there are any dynamically linked AE clips in the sequence you're trying to export.

My idea is that Adobe fixes this.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Closed captions kerning

Make closed captions accessible.

The kerning on the closed captions are not accessible when the whole point of closed captions are to make the video accessible to all viewers. It's too difficult to read especially for people with Dyslexia. New UK accessibility laws are changing and we need the functionality to meet these new regulations. Please, please consider making the kerning better so it doesn't look like individual characters from an accessible point of view. If you aren't going to improve the CC then please consider adjusting your guides to be less misleading, they state you can change the fonts…

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Decode (608/708-A/53/DTVCC Transport) Closed Captions

Most Professional Broadcasters in North America are using this CC format and have been embedding it in MXF files.

Premiere is the only program I have found that doesn't decode this type of CC

I have attached a picture from MediaInfo showing that the CC is present on the file.

I also attached another picture from VLC (freeware) that also shows the CC is present.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Closed Captions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Duplicating open captions - making edits on duplicate shouldn't affect original

When you duplicate an open, burned in, caption, the edits you make on the duplicate affect the original. In my situation, I need to make captions in multiple languages. So if I were able to duplicate a caption, put the duplicate on a track above, and edit the new caption according to the pacing and text blacks of the original caption clip, that would save a ton of time. Instead I have to start from scratch in each language.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Closed Captions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Option to create & apply presets for caption/subtitle styles

I'm working with a high volume of SRT files for importing subtitles (open captions), and I currently have to manually adjust the type style every single time I do so. A couple potential solutions that would make this way more manageable:

1) Presets. There's currently no way to create/apply a style preset for captions — all SRT imports will simply default to the unchangeable default set by Premiere. This would be manageable if there were a style dropdown with the option to save presets, much like in the Export Media window.

2) Change Defaults in Preferences. There's currently nowhere in…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Spell check for the text tool

It'd be SUPER helpful if there was a realtime spell check

29 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Proxy generation for media with closed captions

At the moment in Premiere Pro 2019, the option to create proxies from media with closed captions embedded is grayed out. Hoping this can rectified in that we deal with a lot of media that contains captions.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Captions Not Updating

Hi all,

I've now split my caption bugs into two reports. This one is about captions not updating.

This isn't something that happens every time, but it happens almost every time. Basically, captions don't update.

This might be when changing font details, like type, size, colour, etc, but also when changing the content of the caption, or its timing, or its placement. So, the problems are kind of across the board.

It should be noted that I'm referring to Open Captions, with a sequence appropriate frame rate, and resolution. This applies to imported .SRT files, and captions created directly within…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. "GO TO NEXT CAPTION" Shortcut

You should be able to make a shortcut to go to next caption in the same way you can do with markers.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Bug when exchanging captions via "Replace Footage..."

When trying to replace an .srt file with an updated one (which is very common e. g. after a typo has been found and corrected), the file will not actually update in the timeline. My specific file got replaced in the project panel (I can open it in the captions panel and see the changes there) but it does not update in timelines, or at least not every time! In those cases when I'm not involved in the review process for the captions, it is almost impossible to figure out if the file was replaced correctly, because I don't know…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Captions - Import Settings - Can't alter settings after caption file import

So, it's great that you can customize default settings for captions now but I am not a fan of how it was set up. In order to customize your settings you must set your "import settings" prior to importing your captions file. The problem I have is that I edit 2 versions of many of our videos. One to play on monitors in our stores across the US at 16x9 and another for social media in a 4x5 aspect ratio. In both cases the captions are burned in but, from what I can tell, once you import your captions using…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Closed Captions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. More caption problems - I am shocked at how bad it is!? Is this the quality of Adobe?

Probably no Adobe employee will so this, since the captions are NEVER fixed, but here it goes:

Captions in Premiere is pathetic. I know, I have been using it for a few years.

Even trying to work around the bugs is impossible.

Since we cannot control the spacing of the lines between the captions I have tried this:

I duplicated the caption to have different one for the second line (for when it is needed), only to find out that both caption files are still connected.

Making changes to one, traverses to the other, regardless of them being completely different…

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. SRT problems after last update

Hi,

since the last update to 13.14 (build 2), the SRT files I imported are offline. When trying to relink them, I get a message " the importer reported a generic error".

Before I had no problems opening the files.

Thx

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Captions, lock the layer so we don't move it unintentionally

If you drag the in or out point of a caption on the captions layer sometimes you can accidentally move the entire layer along the time line. If we could lock the layer but still be able to edit and add captions this would prevent this issue from happening. Currently if you lock the layer you can not edit it, just as you want the lock to work for any other layer.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Allow me to save custom caption templates

Most of my projects require open captions for exporting, and I'm required to use my company's specific visual identity guidelines for these captions (specific font, specific background color / opacity, specific alignment). As it currently stands, I have to set all of these parameters manually for every project. It would make so much sense and save so much time to be able to store these settings as a preset.

Someone suggested I use the "import settings" button along with a "dummy" srt file to hold the settings, but doing that for open captions does not allow me to use the…

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Closed Captions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Please add caption embedding for mpeg2 files!

mpeg2 is a standard delivery format for several television stations we deliver paid programs to. It is presently a pain to get those particular files encoded with captions and I am going to look at other NLE options if Adobe doesn't get on the ball and add this soon...

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  Closed Captions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7
  • Don't see your idea?

Please do not use your Adobe ID and password.

Feedback and Knowledge Base