Premiere Pro

Welcome to the Adobe Premiere Pro feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the Premiere Pro team via this UserVoice page and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Premiere Pro community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Fix the Default audio output for iMac Pro

On my previous iMac and my current MacBook Pro the audio in Premiere and After Effects would switch to headphones when headphones were plugged in and switch back to the speakers when I unplugged, all without having to go up to Audio Hardware in preferences and switching.

Now, on the iMac Pro that is not the case. Each time I plug in headphones, the timeline stops playing and i have to go up to preferences and audio hardware and select external headphones or iMac Pro speakers if I'm unplugging them.

I was on the phone with Apple about this as…

385 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Under Review  ·  136 comments  ·  Audio  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. [BUG?] Premiere Pro does not playback audio since update to CC19

Since update to CC19 (currently on Version 13.1.4, Build 2), Premiere will not playback any audio anymore. Audiolevels show visually on screen while playing and/or scrubbing, but I hear nothing. I have triple checked the Audio Hardware settings (See Screenshot), I have tried with/without headphones plugged in, I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling premiere, nothing helped. Every other adobe program works perfectly fine.

I'm running on a 2014 15" Macbook Pro and OSX Mojave (See specs screenshot)

Any help / ideas?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Audio  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. We need a preset that arranges stereo sound on 1ch and 2ch audio tracks (separately).

I want you to be able to handle it like FinalCutPro7.

私たちはステレオの音を1chと2chのオーディオトラック(別々)に配置するプリセットが必要です。
    FinalCutPro7のような扱いができるようになって欲しい。

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Audio  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Track mixer - Add ability to save mixer states, create presets, and copy effects between slots and tracks

-Save mixer state - either as a preset or open a dialog box to copy it to another sequence

-Create & save presets for the track mixer effects

-Drag/copy track effects to a different slot or separate track.

165 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under Review  ·  35 comments  ·  Audio  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. "LFE Only" passthrough option in 5.1 Track Assignment

An extremely common scenario is to receive a finished film with an existing 5.1 mix as 6-track mono. In order to use a surround effect (such as Loudness radar) you need to map those mono tracks to a 5.1 master track. It's trivial to assign L / R / C / Ls / Rs tracks with the audio panner - but there's no way to pass through the LFE track "as is".

You can set the LFE level to "0.00db" but you're still going to get audio routed to either the front or surround L/R channels (or both) depending on…

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Audio  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. FLAC support

I have download a lot of FLAC audio, but I can't use it.

55 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Audio  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Allow Team Projects to send sequences to Audition

Currently when in a team project, we cannot send a sequence to Adobe Audition. This is a function my team uses regularly, but while working in a team project we have to figure out a different work around for something that was handy.

I don't believe everyone who is on the team needs to have access to the Audition file (maybe a later update), but at least allowing us to send a sequence to Audition for changes would help us.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Audio  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Resolve the Essential Sound Loudness Match Bug

For some reason, one specific audio clip in my timeline won't allow me to auto-match it to broadcast standards. Instead, it just shows "not matched (Analyzed Loudness -1.00 LUFS)" whenever I click the auto-match. When I click reset and try it again, it does the same thing. None of the other clips have this issue. I discovered this issue with this clip when auto-match would not work for all of the clips selected at the same time. When I did that, it wouldn't auto-match and showed an error that one or more of the selected clips wasn't enabled. Now that…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. DeNoise effect muffling audio

[BUG] New DeNoise effect muffles audio at start of cut track. The now obsolete DeNoiser and Adaptive Noise Reduction worked very well. New DeNoise is great apart from this bug. Every time I cut an audio track which has the DeNoise effect (essentially all), the start of each cut piece sounds like it's muffled. There is NO work around.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Audio  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Fix Denoiser - don't throw it away

Denoiser seems to have been made obsolete with Premiere CC 13.1.1 - and within the Essential Sound Panel/Repair Section, Reduce noise has been made nonfunctional... presumably because Denoiser has gone away. This is a shame. Denoiser had problems when applied to clips (i.e., taking a few seconds at the beginning of each clip to take full effect) but you could work around it by applying it at the track level. This effect should be improved, not thrown in the trash bin.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Premiere Pro 2019 audio gain adjustments either don't work or take forever.

Ever since the 2019 update, when adjusting the gain of clips, it sits in "calculating" forever and then regardless of what gain adjustment numbers are entered, it always calculates peak amplitude as zero.

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12 comments  ·  Audio  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Copy and paste FX between Audio Track Mixers in DIFFERENT sequences

Currently (Premiere Pro 13.1) it is not possible to copy and paste the FX in a slot between sequences.

I suspect it's because of the way the interface to these slots has been implemented, so that will need to change if that's the case.

Being able to copy and paste these settings between sequences is basic functionality.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. An option to view iMXL audio track info in my timeline.

I need an option to view iMXL Audio track info in my timeline.

This would be amazingly helpful when editing anything that has multi track audio that has been recorded and labeled in the field.

Films, shorts, dramas - anything that has multi track audio synced to the footage I am working on and need to gain anything up or down, mute and so on.

For an example, an audio person might label, on set his, tracks like this:
    Track 1 is MixL
    Track 2 is MixR
    Track 3 is Boom
    Track 4 is Lav1
    Track 5 is Lav2

If…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. New bug in 13.1.3: No Audio Playback in Source Monitor if Mercury Transmit is enabled AND the source is audio only.

New bug in 13.1.3: No Audio Playback in Source Monitor if Mercury Transmit is enabled AND the source is audio only. This is confirmed on two different systems (HP Z840, Win 10 1809, AJA LHi and Decklink 4K Studio, all drivers are new.)
    However, audio is heard during j-k-l jog/shuttle but not on playback.
    Previous versions worked fine.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Edit multiple audio tracks

Can you please make it so you can select multiple audio tracks and lower the volume on all of them at the same time??

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Bring back System Default Input/Output in Audio Hardware!

Bring back System Default Input/Output in Audio Hardware!

52 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Audio  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Quick Button to Switch Audio Hardware

I would like to have a quick way to change audio hardware output. For example I often work with headphones so to not disturb other editors but when a client comes to watch my video I have to switch from headphones to speakers (which can sometimes be slow). So if there could be a quick way to change audio output from within the timeline, that could be very useful.

Sincerely,
    Giovanni Costa

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Ability to save audio track effect presets.

Ability to save audio track effect presets.

92 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Audio  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Import multiple audio files as one multichannel clip

It is common for sound mixers to deliver mixes in multiple mono (wave) files, 1 file per track.

When it's stereo, we just put up with it, and pan the tracks accordingly. With 5.1 (or 7.1) sound, between using the surround panner and handling LFE appropriately, it becomes an unacceptable mess.

(See https://forums.adobe.com/thread/1530411 )

2 ways to handle this:

1. As in Avid (and as in Premiere's venerable Import window "Image Squence" checkbox), automatically recognize a collection of files as surround channels, based on their suffixes, and import them as one surround clip.
    (See https://forums.adobe.com/thread/1303803 )

2. Using Merge Clips. …

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. random audio layers are muted (without mute button activated) since last 04/2018 update!

I updated Adobe Premiere Pro CC yesterday (April 2018) and started a new project with 3 audio layers. The first and third layers play back the audio normally. The second layer is muted with mute button being disabled. When you click on Solo button it works but then you have to click on all Solo buttons of course. How can I solve this?

35 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

61 comments  ·  Audio  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 22 23
  • Don't see your idea?

Please do not use your Adobe ID and password.

Feedback and Knowledge Base