Premiere Pro

Welcome to the Adobe Premiere Pro feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the Premiere Pro team via this UserVoice page and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Premiere Pro community forum.

How can we improve Premiere Pro?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. dynamic link folders and naming schemes

In certain circumstances projects require massive amounts of dynamically linked compositions. For example I am currently working on a serious of talking heads in front of a green screen for a social media campaign with 100+ short clips.

When sending the clips over for keying and animation I have to manually rename all of them to identify which of the named sequences they are from and manually sort them into bins inside of After Effects. This workflow could be much improved:

1) Add a comp naming dialog when selecting "Replace with After Effects Composition." At the very least options for…

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: facebook google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Adobe Interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Please stop making it so difficult to work with different Premiere-versions!

It is really annoying to work with Premiere pro, dealing with clients who doesn't always have the newest Version. The changes you make with the upgrades are not that huge, so I don't See the reason to make it impossible to work with a slightly older Version, importier a file from a neuer one. I appreciate the whole adobe suite very much but this is really a pain, since the updates are coming more frequently

172 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18 comments  ·  Adobe Interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi Florian,

while this is a rather critical and large change to the way the application works and will take some time to be implemented, we’ll definitely put this under consideration.

There’s more than one solution to this problem, though.

A good short term opportunity is to use the parallel install feature in the creative cloud application. It should help to at least take away some of the issues working with people on a different version of the application.

Another thing worth keeping in mind is that you can install CC on two different machines (if you’re on an individual subscription). That gives you additional opportunity to keep different versions around for compatibility reasons.

I’ll update the status of this request as we move along.

If you have further thoughts on this matter, please keep them coming.

Thanks
    Patrick

3. Please allow backwards compatibility between previous & newer versions of Premiere.

Please allow for backwards compatibility between versions of Adobe Premiere. It is very difficult to work on a project with different people in a company, or outside client, when we all have different versions of a project & one of us can't open or edit a project created in a "newer" version of the same software. This is unnecessary & incredibly limiting.

28 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Adobe Interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Make every new PPro version backwards compatible by at least 1 app version. Hard version cuts detrimentally affect peoples' work.

Make every new PPro version backwards compatible by at least 1 app version. Hard version cuts detrimentally affect peoples' work.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Adobe Interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Data linking in MOGRTs for Premiere Pro broken

data driven workflows no longer work in Premiere Pro since 13.1.x releases.

MOGRTs exported from After Effects containing tsv data no longer pass data values when being read by Premiere Pro.

Premiere can see the data layer and see the values in the data layer when browsing the data. but none of the values are used by the MOGRT in the timeline. All examples of data in MOGRTs from AE 16.1.x are no longer working in PP.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Adobe Interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Backwards compatible capability for Premiere Pro files.

I'd like to see backwards compatible capability for Premiere Pro. Ideally 2 versions back and XML files do not fully copy the edits... Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign, After Effects, Audition has had this feature for some time and seems pretty normal... But Premiere Pro is the odd duck here in your great line up of softwares.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Adobe Interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. [Bug] - Dynamic Link between AE & Premiere Pro requires selecting composition twice

Let me state that this behavior started before the last update, and I've been hoping that one of the recent patches would fix it.

I'll try to state the issue very simply. When importing an AE composition into Premier Pro via dynamic linking, I have to select the comp twice for it to actually import. I have a lot of AE compositions with editable text that I use for sports videos, so pre-rendering is not an option, and it is a real pain to have to import multiple times.

I found a dirty workaround which saves a little bit of…

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Issues with Responsive templates from After Effects in Premiere

I put together a new workflow for some videos that needed quick editing, creating time responsive templates in After Effects and then importing them into Premiere. That allowed me to create the animations needed, and then just make text and colour changes in Premiere. It was a good workflow especially since we had several people working on this project and I needed to insure animation consistency.

Once in Premiere, the templates were working as intended, where we could "stretch" them to fit the timings we needed. So if a template was originally 30 seconds long, but we needed it to…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Adobe Interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Fix Audio in AE MOGRTs

Audio not loading as expected in MOGRTs from AE when opening in Premiere Pro. For example Audio layers or precomps in AE that are controlled via expressions such as audio levels set via if statements to enable or disable audio layers using check box controls does not function correctly. The audio settings that are set at the point of export are the only audio settings that are used, all AE expressions that alter audio to enable or disable are ignored by Premiere.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Adobe Clip to Adobe CC send original files rather than proxies (with original file names) - See https://forums.adobe.com/thread/2577012

The Adobe Clip to Adobe Premiere CC workflow is amazing but the changing of file names/creating new proxies is annoying in terms of a seamless mobile to desktop workflow process. See https://forums.adobe.com/thread/2577012
    Thanks for considering, Dan

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Adobe Interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. PDF added to available files in Premiere Pre

As a TV News photographer and editor, we receive many PDF files from government agencies. Many times, these files need to be used in our stories. Usually, we take the file and snip it. I would like to import the file directly into Premiere and edit it as a png, bmp or jpeg.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Support OpenType-SVG fonts

OpenType-SVG fonts are already supported in Photoshop, Illustrator & InDesign and it would be great to have them in Premiere Pro as well!

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. error pass through from after effects

I have a missing font in AE. That composition is referenced.
    Had I not noticed that it replaced it with Times New Roman, I would have never known.

Please pass through errors from AfterEffects to Premiere.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Adobe Interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Please make CC library colors available in Premiere

The essential graphics tool is almost useless unless we can use the colors feature of our Creative Cloud Libraries in Premiere. Please enable Libraries Colors in Premiere!

34 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12 comments  ·  Adobe Interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Respond to all AAF related topics....

Wow first time here, ton of topics on AAF and not a single ADOBE reaction!!!!

Really Adobe?

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Renaming Clips from the Timeline OR Project Panel should update them in both places automatically. It doesn't.

Renaming Clips from the Timeline OR Project Panel should update them in both places automatically. It doesn't.

Example: If you rename a clip from the timeline, the same clip should also have it's name updated in the project panel. But instead, only the one is updated, and the previous name remains on the other.

The same thing happens if you rename from the Project Panel, the timeline name will not update.

This works CORRECTLY FOR SEQUENCES, but not clips.

Adobe, for those who like to keep their projects organized... PLEASE FIX!

Thank you

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Fix the Missing Media bug (grey danger stripes) when moving media to different hard drive on computer.

When moving media from different storage locations and re-opening Premiere pro some clips within sequences get shifted. This occurs even though nothing else is changed, just the location of the media on the hard drive to another another hard drive. Premiere has no problem finding the media and but it links it shifted in time.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Adobe Premiere Pro

Hace años suelo utilizar la plataforma Linux y suelo trabajar con programas similares a Adobe Pro creo que sería positivo para Adobe incluir sus productos en las plataformas Linux.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Premiere 2019

We installed the 2019 version of the premiere and we're in trouble. The system is closing and we also can not open the rendered files on the mobile devices
    I would like to save the projects in the previous version and return the systems to the previous version

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Applescript compatibility: Integrate Apple accessibility programming

It would be great to have all the buttons and keyboard shortcuts callable via an Applescript library, and to have everything labeled in your code per the Apple accessibility guidelines. This would allow very easy UI scripting, reading of screen states/progress bars/etc, and Voice Over access, among other benefits.

https://developer.apple.com/library/archive/documentation/AppleScript/Conceptual/AppleScriptX/Concepts/scriptable_apps.html#//apple_ref/doc/uid/TP40001569-BABEBGCF

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4
  • Don't see your idea?

Please do not use your Adobe ID and password.

Feedback and Knowledge Base