Premiere Pro

Welcome to the Adobe Premiere Pro feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the Premiere Pro team via this UserVoice page and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Premiere Pro community forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. dynamic link folders and naming schemes

In certain circumstances projects require massive amounts of dynamically linked compositions. For example I am currently working on a serious of talking heads in front of a green screen for a social media campaign with 100+ short clips.

When sending the clips over for keying and animation I have to manually rename all of them to identify which of the named sequences they are from and manually sort them into bins inside of After Effects. This workflow could be much improved:

1) Add a comp naming dialog when selecting "Replace with After Effects Composition." At the very least options for…

23 votes
    Sign in Sign in with Adobe ID
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Adobe Interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Premiere Pro / After Effects: Consistent Time Stretching

Standardize the percentage property between AE and PPro. Currently:

AE: Effect > Time > Time Stretch: When you put in 50%, the clip runs at double speed and takes half the time.

PPro: Clip > Speed/Duration: When you put in 50%, the clip runs at half speed and takes twice as long.

Attached images are of a 1 second clip, both at "50%"

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Adobe Interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Create an easy way to set Poster Frames /Thumbnails for videos on export.

Create an easy way to set Poster Frames /Thumbnails for videos on export. At the moment, you have to do it in the operating system. Then when you upload to Dropbox, it converts it back to the Default. V. frustrating. https://www.dropboxforum.com/t5/Installs-integrations/Custom-folder-icons-vanish-when-folder-moved-into-DB/m-p/378410#M82887

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Please allow backwards compatibility between previous & newer versions of Premiere.

Please allow for backwards compatibility between versions of Adobe Premiere. It is very difficult to work on a project with different people in a company, or outside client, when we all have different versions of a project & one of us can't open or edit a project created in a "newer" version of the same software. This is unnecessary & incredibly limiting.

41 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Adobe Interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Please stop making it so difficult to work with different Premiere-versions!

It is really annoying to work with Premiere pro, dealing with clients who doesn't always have the newest Version. The changes you make with the upgrades are not that huge, so I don't See the reason to make it impossible to work with a slightly older Version, importier a file from a neuer one. I appreciate the whole adobe suite very much but this is really a pain, since the updates are coming more frequently

195 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20 comments  ·  Adobe Interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi Florian,

while this is a rather critical and large change to the way the application works and will take some time to be implemented, we’ll definitely put this under consideration.

There’s more than one solution to this problem, though.

A good short term opportunity is to use the parallel install feature in the creative cloud application. It should help to at least take away some of the issues working with people on a different version of the application.

Another thing worth keeping in mind is that you can install CC on two different machines (if you’re on an individual subscription). That gives you additional opportunity to keep different versions around for compatibility reasons.

I’ll update the status of this request as we move along.

If you have further thoughts on this matter, please keep them coming.

Thanks
    Patrick

6. Bug Report for Dynamic Linking with Mac OS Catalina

In Premiere Pro, I click on Edit Sequence in Audition, the av clips do not send to Audition. And in Audition when I export and want to open in Premiere, the clips do not send. This just started happening. It may have been right after I upgraded Mac OS to Catalina.

I also just tried to Replace with Adobe AE composition and it gave me a pop up that stated "Failed to connect to Adobe After Effects Dynamic Link".

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Adobe Interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Create a custom window for other program to nest in, like a web browser, or another CC program

I think it would be cool if there was a custom window where you could nest another program in the Pr workspace. Like a web browser or another program so you could work in one big screen without going back and forth.

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Adobe Interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Make the last 2018er CC Apps available

Hi Adobe,

Unfortunately we had to reinstall our Creative Cloud because we were in a login loop in Premiere Pro.
    The problem is, we currently still have Windows 8.1, because we use StorNext and the software only version of StorNext does not run on Windows 10. A conversion costs about 35.000 Euro.
    The problem at the moment is that we don't get the latest 2018 versions of Cc Apps from Adobe that we use on our other workstations.

Is there an official way to get them via Adobe?

Many greetings,

Frieder

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Adobe Interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Make every new PPro version backwards compatible by at least 1 app version. Hard version cuts detrimentally affect peoples' work.

Make every new PPro version backwards compatible by at least 1 app version. Hard version cuts detrimentally affect peoples' work.

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Adobe Interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. The untangled wonkyness of pasting AE transform effect keyframes into PR

A few users have mentioned the secret but awesome ability to copy AE layers with their properties, keyframes and even sometimes effects directly into PR with the usual CMND/CNTR+C on the layer in AE and CMND/CNTRL+V in a sequence in PR. In fact the great Jarle of Jarle's presets told me this is how he made his awesome "deadpool camera shake presets for PR" by tracking real camera shake in AE then copying the layer with motion keyframes into PR and saving the motion properties as PR presets.

But I thought I'd take this one step further and use the…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Backwards compatible capability for Premiere Pro files.

I'd like to see backwards compatible capability for Premiere Pro. Ideally 2 versions back and XML files do not fully copy the edits... Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign, After Effects, Audition has had this feature for some time and seems pretty normal... But Premiere Pro is the odd duck here in your great line up of softwares.

7 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Issues with Responsive templates from After Effects in Premiere

I put together a new workflow for some videos that needed quick editing, creating time responsive templates in After Effects and then importing them into Premiere. That allowed me to create the animations needed, and then just make text and colour changes in Premiere. It was a good workflow especially since we had several people working on this project and I needed to insure animation consistency.

Once in Premiere, the templates were working as intended, where we could "stretch" them to fit the timings we needed. So if a template was originally 30 seconds long, but we needed it to…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Adobe Interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Bug with multiple audio clips from Premiere: Edit clip in Adobe Aduition

Hi. Running on latest versions of Premiere Pro (13.1.4) and Adobe Audition (12.1.3.10) Before when you had multiple audio clips on a timeline in Premiere Pro you could just choose them, right click, and click "Edit in Adobe Audition" and it would open ALL the clips in Audition. Now it makes extractions of all the clips, but it only opens one of them in Audition.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. pc 13.1.3 & LATER STILL NO MARKERS on subclip from source monitor into tl

after putting markers on clip in source monitor then making a subclip. you loose the markers when put in timeline. Thats 2 huge bugs since 13.1.3 pc version. 13.1.2 everything with subclips waveform & markers in TL is fine. ARE YOU GUYS GONNA FIX THESE 2 PROBLEMS?

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. [Bug] - Dynamic Link between AE & Premiere Pro requires selecting composition twice

Let me state that this behavior started before the last update, and I've been hoping that one of the recent patches would fix it.

I'll try to state the issue very simply. When importing an AE composition into Premier Pro via dynamic linking, I have to select the comp twice for it to actually import. I have a lot of AE compositions with editable text that I use for sports videos, so pre-rendering is not an option, and it is a real pain to have to import multiple times.

I found a dirty workaround which saves a little bit of…

11 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Hi, can you please add the 2019 Samsung Galaxy Tab A 8.0 to the list of supported devices for Premiere Pro Rush and Clip?

Hi, can you please add the 2019 Samsung Galaxy Tab A 8.0 to the list of supported devices for Premiere Pro Rush and Clip?

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Data linking in MOGRTs for Premiere Pro broken

data driven workflows no longer work in Premiere Pro since 13.1.x releases.

MOGRTs exported from After Effects containing tsv data no longer pass data values when being read by Premiere Pro.

Premiere can see the data layer and see the values in the data layer when browsing the data. but none of the values are used by the MOGRT in the timeline. All examples of data in MOGRTs from AE 16.1.x are no longer working in PP.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Adobe Interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Make Linux Disto Versions of ALL your Adobe CC 20## Suite Desktop Apps so I don't need Windows 10 or a Mac please.

Make Linux Disto Versions of ALL your Adobe CC 20## Suite Desktop Apps so I don't need Windows 10 or a Mac please.

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Support OpenType-SVG fonts

OpenType-SVG fonts are already supported in Photoshop, Illustrator & InDesign and it would be great to have them in Premiere Pro as well!

14 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. 1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base