Premiere Pro

Welcome to the Adobe Premiere Pro feedback page. Submit feature requests and bug reports to the Premiere Pro team via this UserVoice page and see what ideas or issues other users have shared.

• Type into the idea field to search for submissions or choose from the categories in the sidebar
  • Check out other submissions and vote for the ideas you like
  • If your feature idea or issue is not listed, post it

The UserVoice feedback pages are for feature requests and bug reports only. Upload only content that you have permission to use and refrain from posting personal information (e.g. address, phone number, email, or credit card) or abusive content (spam, phishing links, vulgar language, etc.). Tips for submitting useful feedback

UserVoice is a third-party platform for product feedback. Please note that feedback is voluntary, and you give Adobe a right to use feedback you provide without restrictions.

For all other questions and discussions, visit the Premiere Pro community forum.

How can we improve Premiere Pro?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Please stop making it so difficult to work with different Premiere-versions!

It is really annoying to work with Premiere pro, dealing with clients who doesn't always have the newest Version. The changes you make with the upgrades are not that huge, so I don't See the reason to make it impossible to work with a slightly older Version, importier a file from a neuer one. I appreciate the whole adobe suite very much but this is really a pain, since the updates are coming more frequently

157 votes
    Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

16 comments  ·  Adobe Interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi Florian,

while this is a rather critical and large change to the way the application works and will take some time to be implemented, we’ll definitely put this under consideration.

There’s more than one solution to this problem, though.

A good short term opportunity is to use the parallel install feature in the creative cloud application. It should help to at least take away some of the issues working with people on a different version of the application.

Another thing worth keeping in mind is that you can install CC on two different machines (if you’re on an individual subscription). That gives you additional opportunity to keep different versions around for compatibility reasons.

I’ll update the status of this request as we move along.

If you have further thoughts on this matter, please keep them coming.

Thanks
      Patrick

• Please make CC library colors available in Premiere

The essential graphics tool is almost useless unless we can use the colors feature of our Creative Cloud Libraries in Premiere. Please enable Libraries Colors in Premiere!

27 votes
      Sign in
      Check!
      (thinking…)
      Reset
      or sign in with
      • facebook
      • google
        Password icon
        Signed in as (Sign out)

12 comments  ·  Adobe Interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
      • [Bug] - Dynamic Link between AE & Premiere Pro requires selecting composition twice

Let me state that this behavior started before the last update, and I've been hoping that one of the recent patches would fix it.

I'll try to state the issue very simply. When importing an AE composition into Premier Pro via dynamic linking, I have to select the comp twice for it to actually import. I have a lot of AE compositions with editable text that I use for sports videos, so pre-rendering is not an option, and it is a real pain to have to import multiple times.

I found a dirty workaround which saves a little bit of…

3 votes
        Sign in
        Check!
        (thinking…)
        Reset
        or sign in with
        • facebook
        • google
          Password icon
          Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Adobe Interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
        • Premiere 2019

We installed the 2019 version of the premiere and we're in trouble. The system is closing and we also can not open the rendered files on the mobile devices
          I would like to save the projects in the previous version and return the systems to the previous version

4 votes
          Sign in
          Check!
          (thinking…)
          Reset
          or sign in with
          • facebook
          • google
            Password icon
            Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Adobe Interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
          • SHORTCUT TO THE QUEUE OF MEDIA ENCODER

After Effects has Ctrl+Alt+M for Media Encoder.

Premiere Pro could have the same shortcut option.

2 votes
            Sign in
            Check!
            (thinking…)
            Reset
            or sign in with
            • facebook
            • google
              Password icon
              Signed in as (Sign out)

• Please allow backwards compatibility between previous & newer versions of Premiere.

Please allow for backwards compatibility between versions of Adobe Premiere. It is very difficult to work on a project with different people in a company, or outside client, when we all have different versions of a project & one of us can't open or edit a project created in a "newer" version of the same software. This is unnecessary & incredibly limiting.

4 votes
              Sign in
              Check!
              (thinking…)
              Reset
              or sign in with
              • facebook
              • google
                Password icon
                Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Adobe Interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
              • XML position data missing on export from Premiere 2019

Position data is missing in xml when exported from premiere 2019. Big problem for anyone wanting to export a sequence...to grading for example.

PLEASE FIX.

6 votes
                Sign in
                Check!
                (thinking…)
                Reset
                or sign in with
                • facebook
                • google
                  Password icon
                  Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Adobe Interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                • Adobe Premiere Pro

Hace años suelo utilizar la plataforma Linux y suelo trabajar con programas similares a Adobe Pro creo que sería positivo para Adobe incluir sus productos en las plataformas Linux.

3 votes
                  Sign in
                  Check!
                  (thinking…)
                  Reset
                  or sign in with
                  • facebook
                  • google
                    Password icon
                    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Copy frame to clipboard

Usually there's a need to save one frame from the clip and then open it in photoshop for further edits.

Instead of using "Export Frame" in Program monitor - which always leaves you with a file you need to delete manually.
                    I'm proposing to add one more button "Copy Frame to Clipboard"
                    or even pressing ctrl+c on timeline, could copy to clipboard everything at current time, so later in Photoshop I could press ctrl+V (or paste in menu) and it will paste an image copied from Premiere.

5 votes
                    Sign in
                    Check!
                    (thinking…)
                    Reset
                    or sign in with
                    • facebook
                    • google
                      Password icon
                      Signed in as (Sign out)

• Allow for a type of Marker created in After Effects to come over into Premiere

How would you like the feature to work? 
                      I would like to be able to set markers within my After Effects Comp and have them move into Premiere.

Why is this feature important to you?
                      This would be very handy because the Animator could add markers indicating various notes, comments, or key points within an animation.  The Editor would then be able to find these points very easily.  I would imagine that this should be fairly easy for you guys to incorporate into Dynamic Linking, but it would be really great if the information could get embedded into the metadata…

3 votes
                      Sign in
                      Check!
                      (thinking…)
                      Reset
                      or sign in with
                      • facebook
                      • google
                        Password icon
                        Signed in as (Sign out)

• [Bug] - Fonts dropped from AE Composition importing to Premiere Pro

With the recent update, when I update editable text from an AE composition linked in Premier Pro, the font changes back to Times New Roman every time.

Before the update, I was able to update editable text, and keep the font. I was hoping that a subsequent patch would solve this issue, but after a few months it still continues. The workaround is painful, as instead of creating copies of the imported composition inside of Premiere, I need to create additional AE projects...one for each lower third I want to incorporate.

I'm about to kick off a project that will…

2 votes
                        Sign in
                        Check!
                        (thinking…)
                        Reset
                        or sign in with
                        • facebook
                        • google
                          Password icon
                          Signed in as (Sign out)

• audio unit doesn´t work switching premiere to audition

When switching between Premiere and Audition I have to switch back and forth between MME and Asio in the prefs every time (since Premiere 13.0) so that the playback runs and my audio interface (Steinberg UR 122 Mk II) can work. Driver current, Win10.

2 votes
                          Sign in
                          Check!
                          (thinking…)
                          Reset
                          or sign in with
                          • facebook
                          • google
                            Password icon
                            Signed in as (Sign out)

• 13.0.2 still buggy - can't link with AE

Thanks for this update but it's still failing to link with my After Effects projects, which have also been updated to 16.0.1. I will report this on the After Effects section too as I'm not sure which it is most relevant to. See attached error in AE which keeps recurring. I'm on a 2017 iMac running Mojave, 16gb RAM.

2 votes
                            Sign in
                            Check!
                            (thinking…)
                            Reset
                            or sign in with
                            • facebook
                            • google
                              Password icon
                              Signed in as (Sign out)

• Name Comp when using "Replace with After Effects Composition"

When using "Replace with After Effects Composition", it would help immensely with organization to be able to give a linked comp a name instead of the default "Project Name Linked Comp xx", that would appear in both Premier and After Effects, as you create it.

10 votes
                              Sign in
                              Check!
                              (thinking…)
                              Reset
                              or sign in with
                              • facebook
                              • google
                                Password icon
                                Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Adobe Interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                              • Bug Report: USB Mic Causes Premiere Pro to Abort Startup

When I have a USB Mic plugged in to my computer and try to start Premiere Pro, the splash screen appears for 2 to 3 seconds, then the startup aborts.

Mic: Blue Yeti; plugged into USB3 port directly on computer
                                Computer: Dell Precision M6800, Intel Core I7; 64GB RAM, Win10.

Additional Info:
                                - All other Adobe CC applications open properly while the mic is plugged in, including AfterEffects, Photoshop, Acrobat, Audition, InDesign, and Dreamweaver.
                                - Finale Music Engraving program, when started while USB mic plugged in, will corrupt its INI files.
                                - When the USB mic is unplugged, Premiere Pro…

2 votes
                                Sign in
                                Check!
                                (thinking…)
                                Reset
                                or sign in with
                                • facebook
                                • google
                                  Password icon
                                  Signed in as (Sign out)

• Put Browse in Bridge back into Premiere Pro

Now that I have the Creative Suite, I thought I would start using Bridge. Imagine my surprise to discover there is no "Browse in Bridge" function in Premiere Pro anymore. That just makes no sense.

1 vote
                                  Sign in
                                  Check!
                                  (thinking…)
                                  Reset
                                  or sign in with
                                  • facebook
                                  • google
                                    Password icon
                                    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Editing text of an After Effects composition in the effects tab in Premiere changes the font

The font changes when I edit the text of an After Effects compassion in Premiere - this never used to happen prior to the 2019 update. Please fix.

6 votes
                                    Sign in
                                    Check!
                                    (thinking…)
                                    Reset
                                    or sign in with
                                    • facebook
                                    • google
                                      Password icon
                                      Signed in as (Sign out)

• BR: Dynamic Link AE2019 title changes font when editing it's content in PP2019

I just came across a dynamic link bug between Premiere Pro and After Effects 2019.

I would really appreciate it if anyone else could confirm this bug and point out any solutions, if there are any at the moment!

Steps to reproduce:

1. Create new PP2019 project (I used DSLR 1080p30 for my sequence, in case that matters)
                                      2. Create a dynamic link AE comp with a title, either within Premiere Pro, or in After Effects and importing it (I used the AE HDTV 1080 29.97 preset, in case that matters)
                                      3. Change the title's font, content, size, position, rotation,…

5 votes
                                      Sign in
                                      Check!
                                      (thinking…)
                                      Reset
                                      or sign in with
                                      • facebook
                                      • google
                                        Password icon
                                        Signed in as (Sign out)

• Replace with after effects is broken

Since the 2019 update, right-clicking clips -> Replace with After Effects composition is now broken for me. It gets a lot of incorrect clip lengths. Please see the attached before and after.

2 votes
                                        Sign in
                                        Check!
                                        (thinking…)
                                        Reset
                                        or sign in with
                                        • facebook
                                        • google
                                          Password icon
                                          Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Adobe Interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                        • Support OpenType-SVG fonts

OpenType-SVG fonts are already supported in Photoshop, Illustrator & InDesign and it would be great to have them in Premiere Pro as well!

4 votes
                                          Sign in
                                          Check!
                                          (thinking…)
                                          Reset
                                          or sign in with
                                          • facebook
                                          • google
                                            Password icon
                                            Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3
                                          • Don't see your idea?

Please do not use your Adobe ID and password.

Feedback and Knowledge Base