Remove 51 clip limitation when opening clips in Source Monitor
Since the 51 file limit was probably programmed at a time computers would have struggled to load more, it is an artificial limitation that is most likely no longer relevant and should therefore be eliminated altogether.
Without this limitation, loading 300 clips in the Source Monitor, for example, would take 11x less work!
1. Select and open 300 clips in Source Monitor
1. Select and open clips 1-50 in Source Monitor
2. Close all clips after reviewing
3. Select and open clips 51-100 in Source Monitor
4. Close all clips after reviewing
5. Select and open clips 101-150 in Source Monitor
6. Close all clips after reviewing
7. Select and open clips 151-200 in Source Monitor
8. Close all clips after reviewing
9. Select and open clips 201-250 in Source Monitor
10. Close all clips after reviewing
11. Select and open clips 251-300 in Source Monitor
By removing this limitation, it would also resolve a bug: currently, when trying to open more than 51 clips in the Source Monitor, only the last rather than the first 51 clips are opened. Please see this FR: https://adobe-video.uservoice.com/forums/911233-premiere-pro/suggestions/42639664-when-opening-over-51-files-in-source-monitor-show?fbclid=IwAR1KdXg_xASwjwxhcoh-8wX-wEofqNChme6i2OQbgddYCOhWB_uxKy0ke4A
Pierre Louis Beranek commented
Note: It isn't essential to close all clips after they've been reviewed. Having 51 clips open and opening another 51 will automatically replace the 51 open clips. But this isn't much of a time saver since in order to start with a clean slate of new clips to review, the user has to be careful to select exactly 51 new clips to open each time. This is in order to replace ALL of the currently open clips, and thus avoid mixing unreviewed clips with reviewed ones.