The new Import/Edit/Export workflow will take some getting used to, but one suggestion for the Export screen is to center the Timeline view
The new Import/Edit/Export workflow will take some getting used to, but one suggestion for the Export screen is to center the Timeline view by leaving the source column on the left and moving the preset settings column to the right of it (instead of stacking both on the left of the screen.)
This would move the timeline picture and all the pertinent information directly in front of me. It is always the last thing I check before I send it to Media Encoder. And also move the buttons for "Export" or "send to Media Encoder to the center of that panel as well. Or at least get it out of the bottom right of the screen.
They set up the Import panel properly, but changed the layout on the Export panel.
Andrew Jehan commented
A list of some of the major problems with the new export interface:
1) Overwrites existing files (such as past exports) with no warning!!!
2) Can't create a new folder from the save location dialogue box!
3) New save location dialogue box doesn't show existing files, so when saving a new version of an export, you can't just copy-paste the old filename. Now you have to open the file browser, navigate to the save location and copy the filename from there. This is extremely time consuming.
4) When exporting from in to out points (such as exporting a single frame jpg), the export preview doesn't automatically show the first frame of the export. Instead it always shows the first frame of the sequence.
5) When it's necessary to adjust a single export setting (i.e. when creating a whole preset isn't necessary), you have to mouse-click to twirl down the settings rather than just using the scoll wheel like you could in the past.
6) When using a massive UHD display, you have to move over to look up in the top left corner to adjust settings and filename. Then move over again to find the export button in the bottom right. The whole thing is way too big.
7) The export button must be mouse-clicked. Hitting enter/return doesn't work.