the command Edit in Adobe Photoshop only opens Photoshop but not the selected image
Jason S (Adobe) commented
Hi, Robert. Sorry about that. We've had sporadic reports about this in the past but have never been able to find a reliable repro or commonality (this scenario works for me without fail locally). So, some questions:
(1) Are you on Windows or Mac?
(2) Does this happen with any/all images, or certain ones? Certain types (e.g., all .png files), or certain individual images?
(3) Does it matter if photoshop is already running when you initiate the operation?
(4) If you run photoshop from the command line passing the full path to the image that you're trying to open, does it work? The mechanics of this vary slightly depending on which platform you're on so if you need help with this step let me know.
(5) Once you've hit this if you could capture the state of photoshop itself that might help us investigate. The links below can help explain that process (the first link is for Windows and the second is for the Mac). On Windows this will create a large file, so you'll probably want to upload it somewhere and then send me (email@example.com) the link.