Possible Bug with Exporting Mogrts Using Latest P6000 Video Card Driver
I’m flagging up a problem with a recent NVIDIA update for anyone that is experiencing export problems.
I’m using PPr/ Me 14.7 and Ae 17.5, running on an Intel Xenon w-2123 (3.60GHz) CPU and a Quadro P6000.
I updated my Quadro driver from 460.89 to v 461.09 at the start of the week. Editing after on PPr was untroubled. I also made a couple of basic new Mogrts in Ae.
All was fine for a day or so until I exported a project via Me that included one of the new mogrts made since updating my Quadro. The export hung at the new mogrt as if I had hit pause (there was no ‘programme not responding’ warnings). But the entire screen had frozen and I had to use Task Manager to close Me. But doing that caused the PC to stop responding and I had to use the PC’s hardware reboot button.
After re-trying to export after restart (both via Me and direct from PPr - and the same problems) and after some basic troubleshooting (including a fresh reinstall of v461.09), I copied my project and used our secondary edit station and it all exported smoothly.
I uninstalled v461.09 and ran a clean reinstalled of 460.89 and I was able to export the project without an issue.
This tends to suggest an issue in the new 461.09 driver that Adobe might want to share with NVIDIA.