Open-captions issue between projects
Working with a co-editor in a different state, I have noticed that if he changes captions in his project, the captions no longer show up for me. The clips show up in the timeline, they don't indicate they are offline, and I can open the captions panel, but it will not show on the program/source monitors or export. I have tried everything (relinking the srt, having him send his new srt, toggling the captions view, etc.) but nothing fixes the problem, so I have to make a new srt and manually type everything in. for multiple hour-long episodes, it is a pain.
On his end, he can see any changes that I make, so it may be that it can read from PC to Mac but not the other way around. Additionally, the files work fine if none of the captions were moved/formatted in the file itself, so cutting and rearranging the clip on the timeline works fine.
If there is a workaround, I'd love to hear it, but a fix in an update would also be welcome.