Place the Quick Export button somewhere that makes sense!
Placing the Quick Export button in the Workspaces bar is a TERRIBLE design decision for 2 very obvious reasons:
- Not everyone uses the Workspaces bar, meaning it won't be available in any workspace layouts that doesn't display it.
- It places the button the furthest away from the Timeline (where most mousing happens), maximizing the amount of mouse travel to reach it.
The Quick Export button should be located in the Program Monitor, for 2 equally obvious reasons:
- ALL workspace layouts include the Program Monitor, meaning the button would be available in any layout.
- It would reduce mouse travel to reach it, since the bottom of the Program Monitor is almost always much closer to the Timeline than the Workspaces bar.
- (Bonus) If a user doesn't want to see this button, they could easily hide it the Program Monitor's button editor.
Even though I will never use the Quick Export button myself (I'm a keyboard shortcut user), it would be nice to see this fixed for the benefit of other users.