BUG: Sync Settings To Adobe Cloud Fails
I can reproduce this problem 100% of the time.
Using PrPro v 14.4.0 (Build 38) under macOS 10.4.6, whenever I try to sync my local settings up to Adobe Cloud, the sync fails.
What I see is that in the 14.0 folder, when I say to sync my settings to the cloud, my local sync folder
gets created as
(note the lack of the "rm" on the end of the folder).
I have tried the following (at each step, I re-try syncing both up and down):
1. Deleting the 14.0 folder in the Documents folder;
2. Uninstalling the entire app (including removing all prefs) then fresh re-install from CC;
3. Manually adding "rm" to the end of the Profile-CreativeCloud- folder so that it becomes Profile-CreativeCloud-rm
4. Duping the local folder into both versions of the CC folders,
5. Creating an alias of Profile-CreativeCloud- to a copy of the folder; and,
6. Making a SymLink.
I've looked at 2 other reports that suggested network time being out of sync and some other idea, but those did not help either.
Nothing works. From what I can tell, something seems wrong on the server side: Why is PrPro making a Cloud Settings folder without my name (in this case, my short name, rm) then saying, Oops, that doesn't work?
I've had this issue over multiple versions of 14 but finally got to reporting it now.
Navin Ramaswaran commented
I'm experiencing the same issue with sync settings. I'm using PrPro V14.7.0 (Build 23) on a Mac Mini M1 under MasOs Bur Sur V11.1. Everything is up to date as of today (Jan 08, 2021).
I posted this issue in the discussion forum last month but haven't received a response.