Improve font lists in EGP and ECP
1) FAVORITE STYLES: Users should be able to star individual styles within a font family, in which case any stared styles would appear in the list of favorites (see pic 1). When twirling open the font family to reveal all of its styles, users should be able to star additional styles right from the Favorites list.
2) LONGER FONT LISTS: Font list are limited to 16 visible entries, making poor use of available screen real-estate. The list of font styles, on the other hand, extends as much as needed to show all styles at the same time (51 in the case of Helvetica!) Font lists should make use of all available screen real-estate, as is the case in Photoshop, to reduce scrolling to a minimum.
3) PINNED FAVORITES: By making the font list longer, it would become feasible to pin favorites to the top of the list when the star icon is clicked. Showing starred fonts locked off at the top, while unstarred fonts appear in a scrollable list below would be much more preferable than only seeing one or the other at a time.
4) SAMPLE TEXT: The font lists show Sample text so users can see a preview what each font looks like. Font Style lists do not have Sample previews however. This inconsistency is very detrimental to the user experience. Even the Legacy Titler shows Sample text in the Font styles list, so why not the newer EGP?
5) DARKER TWIRLY ARROWS: The twirly arrows that allow users to twirl open a font family's styles are practically invisible. These should be much darker for better visibility/discoverability.
6) RELEVANT SAMPLE TEXT: Showing what each font looks like with the default text 'Sample' is hardly an optimized interface. An ideal interface would be to display the first __ number of characters in a selected title. For example, if no title is displayed, then each font defaults to 'Sample'. If the text "What does this title appear in each font?" is selected in a EG title, then an appropriate number (first12-20?) of characters in the selected text would appear in each font. This would make it extremely practical for users to compare how specific characters appear in each font. If a user wants to compare how the "?" symbol looks like in each font, only seeing 'Sample' is of little use.
7) RESIZABLE FONT LIST: Please make it possible to resize the font list to make it easier to compare how each font looks. A simple resize bar at the top, similar to the resize bar in the Project window, would do!
Once this is done in Pr, it should also be added to all Adobe programs to keep the way fonts are displayed consistent between programs!
As always, thanks for listening! :)