The 5 things Premiere urgently needs to fix:
Hey Adobe, Premiere desperately needs the following fixes. I'm having a hard time getting work done with projects that constantly crash.
1) Clip markers on WAVs and mp4s balloon project file sizes causing ultra slow saves, load times, and general slow-downs. An otherwise tiny project can get enormous when you have a clip markers scattered across x amount of files. This is a fact please take a look. Clip markers can also return after you clear them save and reopen a project. It's a like a virus that won't go away.
2) We need a better way to bring in sequences from other projects. Why is this such an ordeal every time? Avid lets you share bins instantly, never an issue. If I want one little thing from another project and my main project is bigger than it should be it can take way too long to bring in a simple sequence. Is there a solve to share sequences and bins easily without wasting any time? I've lost hours trying to do something easy that should take split seconds.
3) Have a window asking about relinking media AFTER the project opens so we don't walk away while Premiere s l o w l y loads up to get a coffee only to find the project didn't open yet because it had to tell us media is offline.
4) Functions randomly stop working out of the blue. Usually it's "reveal in project." Just stops working. Everything else works but that will just decide to not work for unknown reasons.
5) RAM. Premiere devours RAM and often will spontaneously crash without warning mid-edit. What is happening in the background that eats so much memory? Is there a way to track that? It can take an hour or hours before we're able to search our projects because it takes so long to process an opened project every time it's opened. I get messages like "You have run out of application memory" frequently (Mac Mojave 10.14.6) (Premiere 13.1.5 > 14 etc including the latest.)
- Does your team actually test every aspect of the program before releasing an update? If you tested everything you would catch these things. This is crippling my workflow. The last few updates have been horrendous. Please contact me about this I'd love to help in some way. I can't edit or assistant edit efficiently with a buggy terrible software. I prefer Premiere to anything else and I'm starting to think Adobe just can't make the cut. Please try a little harder. Happy to discuss.
Please help us out here. Why would anyone use a software like this? This is a nightmare and these issues need to be addressed right away. They never should have been an issue in the first place. Other softwares have this down. Why don't you?
Antoine Autokroma commented
Interesting ideas. For the RAM it has to cache frames you want to read for smooth playback. For bugs in update, well, don't update :)
Kevin Monahan commented
Better to break out each issue to separate bugs. "Laundry List" bugs like this are typically ignored. Sorry.