Bug with copy/paste attributes
There's a bug when copying / pasting attributes from one clip to another.
I've only experienced this with multiple videos clips in a single track which have been created by cutting a longer clip into several pieces, but it may affect other cases:
- Place video clip in track.
- Apply any desired effect (motion, etc.).
- Also, apply the Crop effect.
- Cut the video into several pieces, adjust start and end of each piece etc.
- Select one small clip segment and change the Crop parameters (e.g., Left, Top, Right, or Bottom).
- Change any other parameter (e.g., Position Left, Scale, etc.)
- Choose "Copy"
- Select one or more of the other clips, and choose "Paste"
Note that while most attributes are updated correctly, a SECOND INSTANCE of "Crop" is added. The original Crop effect remains in addition to the new version.
Elijah Moulton commented
Copy and paste is bugging out. In one instance; I select an effect, press ctrl+C and select another clip, and press ctrl+V and the effect copies like usual.
But occasionally, nothing copies. Then I try to right-click the clip with the desired effect, select "copy", then right-click a second clip and select "paste attributes." I make sure the effects are selected, but again, nothing copies. This happens every other day.
Robert Jarosz commented
I just had a similar bug, and I guess your case is solid.
- I've been doing audio fixes, and had one long track, cut into 5-6 pieces. I've added some effects to the longest fragment, and TWO of them were Parametric Equalizer.
- I've created a Preset (don't know if that matters), and added that preset to other fragments of the same track.
- Then, when I was doing minor adjustments, I've changed something in the second Parametric Equalizer, and saved it as another preset. When I tried to apply this new preset to a different track, it wasn't working (the effects are applied, but they do nothing, and the audio levels in Parametric Equalizer are not displaying).
- In the result, it's impossible to copy or paste ANY effect to (or from) all the tracks that had the "bugged" effects on them.
I have tried Chappell fix, but it doesn't work. I can literally do nothing with those tracks that had the effects, no matter what I select in Paste Attributes box, or if I try to paste only one effect manually.
I guess I'm using backup save as a fix.
Resetting preferences didn't help, nesting doesn't help either, replacing the files and even deleting them from the project doesn't help either. Also, one of the effects (DeEsser), when applied to wrong track/file, is displayed as an obsolete effect (why?).
I also tried to throw the same audio files to the project once again, just to check if I can apply effects/preset to them. It worked on the file that I've created the preset from (DeEsser wasn't Obsolete, PE displayed normally), but it didn't work on other files.
So it has to be something about the file that created the problem in the first place. Maybe that will help to narrow the bug down.
Chappell Kingsland commented
We found a fix for this! It seems that in the Paste Attributes dialog box, if you don't select all of the attributes to copy, then the second crop is not added.