BUG - Exporting a team project fails if it has markers
I had a team project that I needed to deliver but the export kept failing. It would just get stuck at 0 percent rendered. After exporting it several times in small chunks, I noticed it only failed when I included a section that had a marker. When I removed the markers, it exported fine! I have not tested this on a regular project yet.
Pinnacle Studio commented
WOW, I just went through the exact same thing and in the exact order that you suffered. lol. I started exporting bite sized chunks and determined that when a 'marker' was within the in/out points my export also froze at the 0% export. Thanks for posting and confirming my suspicions
Wibke Lange commented
I had the exact same problem and it was not even a team project.
Madison Shaw commented
This is a huge bug! My entire project relies on markers to sort the footage and now we have to delete all of them just to export, then undo to add them back. Please fix this ASAP
This is happening in multiple regular projects on multiple machines for us. MacPro, iMac, Macbook Pro and Windows PC's. Export freezes at 0% regardless of source footage type, effects used etc. Delete all markers and the sequences export fine. Experiencing this issue both on projects created in 2020 and on projects created on legacy versions that are opened in 2020. A fix would be nice.
David Rowlands commented
It happened on a regular project for me. thanks for the fix
J Lundberg commented
I'll describe my experience -- not a Team Project:
I was up all hours before a screening with an EP.
Googled for hours on end and didn't find anyone describing the exact issue I was having (apologies if it is known, I genuinely looked for hours).
I had serious issues this week exporting from PP2020 across two projects using very different workflows across three PCs. Previously projects had happily exported.
How issue presented: everything worked fine until exporting -- all machines hung at 0% whether exporting from PP or AME. No errors. Would just hang there for hours until cancelled.
Did a huge amount of troubleshooting -- imported timelines into new projects; turned off layers one-by-one; turned off all effects; rendered all effects in timeline; duplicated timeline and removed effects via remove attributes; rendered and replaced all effects (to enable a move into Resolve or CC2018/19 via XML if absolutely necessary).
Downgrading project did not work (via manual process I've previously found successful).
Returning to previous versions of the projects did not work either.
Although it hadn't happened earlier, the final time I tried unsuccessfully I noticed the XMP import was hanging -- so possibly some metadata?
The solution was to remove all markers from everything in the final timeline. Clips, comments, chapters -- all of them. Exported immediately -- to be sure I moved the project to all machines it had previously failed on -- it worked.
Again, this was on two very different projects (one flat for grade and all same codec, one full of multi-cam, B-Roll and various formats).
Brett McLemore commented
This isn't just a team project issue. It happened on a regular project for me. It also is a bug that popped up within the last 2 weeks as it didn't exist on January 10. A project that I had exported on January 10th, exported fine, but got stuck at 0% today. It was fixed once I deleted markers as well.