Imported Clips from a C300 Mark II and C200 and they are all named "CLIPS001"
Went to the Media Browser, clicked the root folder that held the "CONTENTS" folder, and context-menu'd "Import" and every clip is named "CLIPS001". This did not happen with the previous version, just this new Premiere 2020.
Goes to show the programming to import correctly is all there. As David noted it will be a simple fix. Most likely just a typo in the code or syntax.
How we can get the attention of someone on the team to fix what is probably 5-10 minutes work.
Chris Bretz commented
Changing the folder named "Clips001" to Clips002 also works to get PP to recognise file names... so odd
David Murakami commented
April 2021 and it's STILL an issue. But Ben Howard's workaround worked for me. Rename the folder CONTENTS to CONTENT.
Don't know much about programming, but certainly this can't be such a difficult thing for Adobe to patch...
Can I ask you guys.
Does your Creation Date Import? Mine does not. Wondering if it's me or everyone
I just reported same thing. But only saw this after I posted -
Note that you can rename the Folder CONTENTS to CONTENT temporarily and it will import with filenames correctly.
Here is my reported bug for same thing. If Adobe wishes to Merge.
Chris Bretz commented
This is still happening now, November 2020! Is anything being done about it, I have several huge projects happening right now, thousands of clips all named CLIPS001!
Kristof Ruzics commented
FYI - If an AC or DIT programs the camera head to write custom cam file names for C300 it will trigger this issue in September of 2020 so it is almost resolved. Your clips will import all with the same name and will not translate to Resolve XM or EDL. You need to manually change camera file names in source folders to say CANON (all caps) where the custom name exists and Premiere will import with the proper file names intact.
Kristof Ruzics commented
FIX THIS SH**!!!
So many buggy things that do not get addressed but we have AI reframing and shot detection.
So take your cut to online and weep that all the cam names are incorrect.
Just repeat after me: "We pay money to be Adobe Beta Testers!"
Elaine Epstein commented
Please fix this issue. I have a huge project with a ton of C300 mark2 footage and when I do an import it changes all my clip names to clip001.
Gary Huff commented
This issue is currently resolved unless the "User Defined" field is altered from "CANON" to something else. So a clip with a filename of "A001C059_20012242_CANON.mxf" will import just fine, but a clip named "A001C001_200527XT_AYRO0.mxf" (using the User Defined option in the camera) will import as CLIPS001. Renaming the files to remove the custom field allow them to import with proper file names.
This issue appears to be resolved with the latest update.
Premiere Pro update released today... Still no fix for this.
Plus this new update is even more unstable than the previous version.
Shortcuts to expand and minimise the timeline aren't working. The search box in the Project panel is flashing non stop. Playback takes about 10 seconds to start after pressing play... Plus much more. All of which were fine before. Will start a separate thread for some of these later.
But blimey. Adobe have lost the plot.
Andy Seaver commented
This really messes up my workflow. How can 2020 be released this way?
Sam Gordon commented
Astonishing that this hasn't been fixed yet.
Update from Adobe on Twitter:
"Hey there! Our developers said they have a fix in the works! So sorry you got caught in this issue. I can't share a specific date but I promise it will be available as soon as we can make it so – literally being worked on as we speak. Caroline"
I've just tried moving things out of the CONTENTS folder and no luck. Thanks for the suggestion though.
If I relabel the CLIPS001 folder to CLIPS002, then it works.
I've also noticed a significant speed decrease with Premiere reading the files from Canon Cinema camera's. It takes a good ten seconds per click through the folder structure before it's able to read any video files on the card (this is when importing the media via Media Browser).
This isn't an awful speed decrease, but certainly further shows an that something significant has changed within Premiere to affect its ability to read the files from these camera's.
Gordon Sandvoss commented
Have you tried moving the files out of the "CONTENTS" folder? I did this and everything worked.
chris fine thompson commented
Just installed Premiere v 14 and to my horror cannot import MXF files at all! I get an importer error or unsupported format error. Trying to import MXF files from Sony XDCAM.
Is there a a fix for this yet?
S KANAKRIYEH commented
YES, this is an issue. A workaround is to right click on your top row, the one with column labels (name, description, frame rate, etc) and go to METADATA SETTINGS, drop down PREMIERE PRO PROJECT METADATA, the check off FILE NAME to get the original file name to display.
Also if you want them to be in order of shooting, you can sort by timecode (MEDIA START)
Also have the same issue.
Have found a temporary workaround by renaming the C300mkii source clips folder to CLIPS002.
But this is a terrible issue to have on a doc with a lot of memory cards to work through.
Premiere Pro Version - 14.0.1 (build 71)
Mac Pro (Late 2013)
2.7GHz 12 Core Intel Xeon E5
64GB DDR3 Ram
AMD FirePro D700 6GB
Camera Footage with issue - Canon C300 Mkii