Please fix the captioning tool. It is way behind the competition with other NLEs. It is insane that the captions are nested and if you do one change to a subtitle you have to render all of them again. Have a look at avid and davinci resolve for how they work. Also when importing an srt it does not automatically find the time code but instead you have to manually drag the layer to the starting point.
We find ourselves having to finish on a different NLE just to output.
We have completely redesigned the captioning workflow in Premiere Pro version 15.0. You will see this feature as well as many other dramatic workflow improvements. Please update to the latest version.
Learn all about the new captions workflow here: https://helpx.adobe.com/premiere-pro/user-guide.html/premiere-pro/using/working-with-captions.ug.html