BUG: Slip in Program Monitor Is Broken for "Scale to Frame Size" Clips.
This has been a bug since the dawn of time....or as long as I've been using Premiere.
Steps to reproduce bug:
- Create a 1920 x 1080 timeline.
- Import a clip that needs to be scaled up (low resolution stock footage clip) or a 4K clip.
- Set footage to use "Scale to Frame Size"
- Use slip edit tool to perform a slip edit.
- The program monitor can't handle this simple task and displays a wildly inaccurate image. See images of timecode that is huge or overlapping regions that make slip edits nearly impossible.
'Workaround*:' Never use scale to frame size, use set to frame size.
*This is usually what I do, but for stock projects, having the footage auto re-scale when I replace the media with high resolution media is very handy, vs having to manually re-scale every clip (ugh).
I've reported this bug multiple times I feel like and It's never been addressed.
Daniel Griffin commented
I had the same problem. It was driving me nuts! Thanks for sharing the solution.