How can we improve Premiere Pro?

Please add Adobe Encore back into the Premiere Pro Package

Many people still use Adobe Encore to author DVD's. Please add this feature back in as editors depend on it. Encore CS6 was available with through the Creative Cloud app but is now gone. There are no good alternatives to Encore.

31 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Yaroslav Altunin shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

4 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Euan Preston commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have clients with extremely complex interactive-DVD based projects who simply can't afford to have them completely re-authored in an alternative to Encore when they require minor updates.

Many businesses rely on this tool. Please bring it back.

• Sébastien Le Gaillard commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I continue to use Encore CS6 in order to create DVD. With the new update of CC it's impossible to re-install Encore CS6 if my computer crashes now. For people like me who have no other authoring software, it's really an issue...

• Micah commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Very unlikely. Encore has been discontinued for years and almost definitely uses Dolby codecs that they've been having a licensing feud over recently. I don't see them spending the time and money to reissue it.

When CC first came out Adobe claimed we'd be able to get versions all the way back to CS6 forever if we needed them. I don't think many of us believed them, and now that they've taken down a number of old versions, we have proof that it was an empty promise.

Please do not use your Adobe ID and password.

Feedback and Knowledge Base