Error Retrieving Frame when AI Files Present
I'm getting bad exports and "error retrieving frame" at a specific point in all timelines in one projects. (Log attached, client redacted) I did some science and I've found that this happens reliably at a certain point in all timelines on one particular project when Illustrator files are layered over the affected footage. (anywhere from 3-21 frames before the ai file starts in the timeline) When the .ai files are disabled, or their effects are deleted, the ERM bug occurs. When the ai's are deleted, the export is clean. I've been able to reproduce both results reliably. Workaround seems to be export clean, open new project, layer AI file over export, export again. Annoying but I may make my deadline. Need a fix ASAP.
My HUGE issue is that this is allowing exports with bad segments. It should just stop. In most cases at my place, a bad export is worse than no export.
Hope this observation helps devs chase this down, and helps anyone having this issue.